Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

When The Church Is No More Conducive - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When The Church Is No More Conducive (18059 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by litetias(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2015
Bravo OP!
You captured the problems of the modern church in your article.
Well done!

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by SAMATC(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2015
theunusualmoon:
The only real church out there is your heart. Believe in GOD and not in church.

You are right !
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by faray: 11:54am On Aug 30, 2015
when the church is no more conducive
they use our tithes & offerings to build universities that the poor can't attend
you see pastors with private jets & fleet of cars while their followers can't even afford to buy ordinary car tire
where to go to?
we go back to our creator
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Femifresh(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2015
divinehand2003:
WHEN THAT CHURCH IS NO MORE CONDUCIVE, THEN GO TO ANOTHER CHURCH LIKE DEEPER LIFE FOR EXAMPLE, U WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

word!! brain dey ur head
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by EcubeMNSE(m): 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
divinehand2003:
WHEN THAT CHURCH IS NO MORE CONDUCIVE, THEN GO TO ANOTHER CHURCH LIKE DEEPER LIFE FOR EXAMPLE, U WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

Who told you Deeper life is the best place to go to? it is not by wearing long clothes.... That is the issue we would continue to have with Christianity, some churches feel they are better than some. i haven't heard any mosque fighting for superiority or being the best.....
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by adebayo201: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
EcubeMNSE:

Who told you Deeper life is the best place to go to? it is not by wearing long clothes.... That is the issue we would continue to have with Christianity, some churches feel they are better than some. i haven't heard any mosque fighting for superiority or being the best.....
Thanks for this reply. That's the issue we're having these days. smiley

2 Likes

Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by jazinogold(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
divinehand2003:
so wats wrong with deeper life brother Titus? lipsrsealed
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by ogajoe(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Christianity is not a religion but a PERSONAL relation with Jesus Chirst
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
kevinberry:

Even deeper life is not left out,out of selfishness,they choose to adopt some parts in the bible that favours them and put away other rules that a true Christian and the church should live by
What are these other rules that Deeper life puts away?
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by lexaydfg(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
e.g house on the rock P.H.C
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
0rex:

What are these other rules that Deeper life puts away?

Many,I cannot count them,believe me,I have been there,done their tradition and most of them are what is condemn by the bible
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Proffdada: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Yomieluv:
Characteristics of a modern church...
you mean mushroom churches
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
adebayo201:
WHEN THE CHURCH IS NO MORE CONDUCIVE

When we can no longer differentiate a church from a social gathering,
And all what we do in church is to just have fun
When we can’t differentiate a choir from an harlot
And an usher is not different from a waiter
When the church is no more conducive
Where shall we go? cry

When worship session in a church is just like a disco night
and we cant differentiate a pastor from a comedian
When salvation message is no longer the order of the day
but prosperity and entertainment message is now the core course
Where shall we go? undecided

When prayer warrior now have to go to tongue-speaking school for utterances
And deliverance and healing session is now like MTH 201 to be taught and learned
When pastor have to pause for members to clap and shout during sermon in enthusiasm
And all what we now gain from preaching is now new vocabulary and word usage
Where shall we go? lipsrsealed

When the church of God is now an exhibition ground for the latest designer
And those new convert can no longer come to church for the fear of being inferior
When the tithe and offering in church have to suffer for anniversary attire
And the little ones from the faithful member have to suffer for pastor’s birthday
Where shall we go?

Where shall we go is the question right; But never a rhetoric one
Where we can go is simply the feet of the old rugged cross
And plead for the revival of the church of our father
Because when Jesus shall appear to examine his church
And shall on that day divide sheep from goat
Where shall we go?

@ OP, edited with your kind permission sir.
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by password88(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
theunusualmoon:
The only real church out there is your heart. Believe in GOD and not in church.

Thank u so much for this wonderful and simple statement u made.
I would like to direct every one seeing my quote to one very truth that was revealed wen jesus answered Nicodemus his question about entering into the kingdom of God. (John 3:1-6), on ur own convinient time consult ur bible but l wud like to go strait to d point here.

Most assuredly l say to u unless one is born again of water and the spirit he can not enter into the kingdom of God.

What does the water and the spirit mean?
Water refers to christ baptism while spirit refers to his being God.
Let me xplain
Jesus came to the world to save mankind and he fulfilled it by being baptised. Wen john the baptist saw him (jesus) coming into the river jordan he tried to stop him by saying" it is I who need baptism and u come to me but jesus replied pemit it to be so now thus, to fulfill all righteousness.
All righteousness here means the righteousness of God. After adam and Eve disobeyd God and was sent out of the beautiful garden that was made for them God wantd to re establish his relationship with man and sent his begotten son.
So jesus was refering to God's righteousness wen he said to fulfill all righteousness. Jonh the baptist then baptised him.
Jesus was sinless but through his baptism he accepte to take upon himself the sins of the whole world according to the old system of Israelites atonement(leviticus 1:1 till the end)

Because he had taken upon himself the sins of the world his father judged him instead of us that is the only reason why he had to be crucified on the cross
He paid the price in full for us and he comfirmed it to us wen he said. IT IS FINISHED
In the book of romans paul said for this " therefor, there is no condemnation to those in christ jesus"

How can u be in christ jesus ? Is it by paying ur tiths? Doing good deeds, being self righteous, going to church on a regular basis, praying everyday, ? Certainly not; all these things and many more are very important as a child of God and as a follower of christ (christain) but before all these things mentioned God wants u and l to believe in his righteousness that christ accomplished.

What are the things christ did for us?
He left his throne, came down to earth, accepted to die for us by taking all the sins of the whole world upon him self, and because the wages of sin is death he was judged on our behalf and because there is no remission of sin without the shading of blood, christ shade his blood for the sake of the world.
He redeemed us all that's why he said l am the way the truth and the life. No one commeth to my father accept through me.

What will save u is the type of faith u ar having not the type of religion u re into.
If u truly believe in jesus with no ecception there is nothing to fear about concerning our todays christainity

Some of our pastors and rev fr are trying to make a living, that's why satan has gotten entrance into some of them.
Ur ability to earn internal life lies in ur faith

Thanks if u want to know more concerning this truth simply enter this website and make order of our free books, its absolutly free and may God help us all thanks

www.nlmission.com or www.bjnewlife.org or simply dail these number and l will make available to u some of our books at my disposal.08163117739 or 08123069250. Freely we recievd freely we are giving. Remember our books are not for sale its free. Remain blessed as u seek to know more about the truth
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by RexTramadol1: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
If d church is no longer conducive

We can go to church!!! Not Bar beach.
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by ekenzify(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Reminds me of Power City, Uyo... the interior of that church looks like 40:40.

Personally, I just remind myself that christianity is a personal race. If you keep looking at the self-acclaimed christians around you, you might be deceived.

Pls, care to explain what 40:40 means?
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
ekenzify:

Pls, care to explain what 40:40 means?

It's a nightclub in Owerri, Imo State.
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by CriticalShock(m): 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
Love God. Love your neighbour. Its that simple.
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by adebayo201: 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
AncientJerk:

@ OP, edited with your kind permission sir.
Okay. Thanks
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
kevinberry:

Many,I cannot count them,believe me,I have been there,done their tradition and most of them are what is condemn by the bible
I am still there. That's why i wanted to know.
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by ekenzify(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

It's a nightclub in Owerri, Imo State.
Has it gotten that bad?
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by engrshakespeare: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
divinehand2003:

Indeed, Deeper life church, the perfect church.
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by DrDunamis(m): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
[left][/left]
adebayo201:
WHEN THE CHURCH IS NO MORE CONDUCIVE

When we can no longer differentiate a church from a social gathering,
And all what we do in church is to just have fun
When we can’t differentiate a choir from an harlot
And an usher is not different from a waiter
Where shall we go? cry

When worship session in a church is just like a disco night
and we cant differentiate a pastor from a comedian
When salvation message is no longer the order of the day
but prosperity and entertainment message is now the core course
Where shall we go? undecided

When prayer warrior now have to go to tongue-speaking school for utterances
And deliverance and healing session is now like MTH 201 to be taught and learned
When pastor have to pause for members to clap and shout during sermon in enthusiasm
And all what we now gain from preaching is now new vocabulary and word usage
Where shall we go? lipsrsealed

When the church of God is now an exhibition ground for the latest designer
And those new convert can no longer come to church for the fear of being inferior
When the tithe and offering in church have to suffer for anniversary attire
And the little ones from the faithful member have to suffer for pastor’s birthday
Where shall we go?

Where shall we go is the question right; But never a rhetoric one
Where we can go is simply the feet of the old rugged cross
And plead for the revival of the church of our father
Because when Jesus shall appear to examine his church
The question of “where to go” will never be an excuse
Even the elect will not be excluded. Watch & pray!!

Happy Sunday. More of it in Jesus name.
I can see you don't believe in prosperity sermons
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by adebayo201: 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
DrDunamis:
[left][/left] I can see you don't believe in prosperity sermons
Prosperity in what sense? Prosperity itself is relative to everybody thou

1 Like

Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Tobbey(m): 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
Attend APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH fot the TRUTH
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by youngelder(m): 11:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=Kachisbarbie post=37482257][i]Reminds me of Power City, Uyo....
Hahahaha.. That church is my neighbour. Yet i'v never attended.. .
. BTW.. Are u based in UYO?
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by nwakaibeya1: 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jeremiah 12:10,Prophets and pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.DO HUMAN BEIGNS REALLY LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH?::::: authority and judgement has come back to the earth,BEHOLD we are not begging human beigns to accept our truth and revelation and that is why we have told them,this is power as of old , that go and sin no more power of REAL Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns , so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us?dont forget this that many are pretenders INFACT THEY are pretenders who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his , pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the HIDDEN mystery OF HUMANBEIGNS ?you that think that you are wise?many human beigns like to stand at the gate of heaven ,enter they will never enter ,also allow others to enter they will never allow others to enter so you must think humanbeigns:we are speaking by the power that is unbelievable to human beigns *this is typical of all our truth and revelation and explanations about the night people ,the rich people and evil marine and occult world and those whom human beings believe in them so much that they were called by God or where made rich by God who are in existence today as being powerful and others as the descendants of the prophets and priests referred to here in the bible @#### Jeremiah 5,25, Your wrongdoings have kept God away;your sins have deprived you of good and peace and night sleep.26 “Among my people are the wicked,who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people.27 Like cages full of birds,their houses are full of deceit;they have become rich and powerful,28 and have grown fat and sleek.Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not seek Gods justice and secular.They do not promote the case of the fatherless;they do not defend the just cause of the poor even when they do its for their own selfish reason unknowingly to the those benefiting from them?.29 Should I not punish them for this?”declares the Lord.“Should I not avenge myself.on such a nation as this?30 “A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land,31 The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority,and my people love it this way.But what will you do in the end?is it not those we call CHAMELEONS Let this phrase as follows sink in you and we repeat that we keep telling you human beigns about them that are being referred to in those passages by God himself hence judgement has come again or cant you see the judgment is all over the place even though the worst judgement is happening spiritually now but because those being judged are pretenders we repeat who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the mystery ?you that think that you are wise?this is words of authority and power from real Jesus CHRIST, that we declare and they are spirits,who can battle with the God of justice,he that made the spiritual laws?we are not begging human beigns to accept the truth and thats why we have told them this is power as of Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us BUT AS USUAL ONLY TIME WILL TELL WHO IS GENUINE OR NOT?DO NOT SAY YOU WHERE NOT TOLD THAT KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME AND JUDGEMENT HAS COME BACK TO THE EARTH:YOU ARE PERMITTED TO INVESTIGATE BUT HOW WOULD YOU INVESTIGATE WHEN YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY BLIND?JEREMIAH 5,21-22
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by friends4ever(m): 2:04am On Aug 31, 2015
GO TO CHURCH, READ THE BIBLE, DON'T IMITATE YOUR PASTOR.

1 Like

Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by Ambpleni: 2:46am On Aug 31, 2015
Well said. The church is in need of revival.
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by DrDunamis(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
adebayo201:

Prosperity in what sense? Prosperity itself is relative to everybody thou
See there are principles in the bible that if any man should apply them to his live he'll prosper regardless of the state of his salvation.
One of them is "give and it shall be given unto you" another one is " he who helps the poor lends to God and he will be repaid.
In like manner there are blessings that scripturarily just makes the man who is born again successful read 2 cor 2:14, 2 cor 8:9, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 1 Peter 2:9, 3 John 1:2
How do you show forth the praise of God in a broke, jobless and unhealthy state?
How do you preach to someone that your God is a good when he doesn't take care of you? John 16:23-26.
Jesus said ask that you may receive that your joy may be full. How is your joy full in an empty stomach, unpaid rent, unpaid children's school fees etc? If you're not taught about your prosperity in church, where else do you want to learn it? Like it or not, believe it or not what God's word says it is, is what it is.
Stay there and don't like prosperity sermons and let others that like it keep learning and prospering. It won't change anything!!!
Re: When The Church Is No More Conducive by free37: 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hmmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! / How I Listen To The Audio Bible (my Advice) / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.