Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:19 PM

Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? (663 Views)

Autonomy Of Local Governments In Nigeria: A Notion In Need Of Reiteration / My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. / Sule Lamido: APC Dividing Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by PRYCE(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2015
So PGEJ was labelled a 'National Disaster', 'Nigeria's threat To ethnic Unity' and stuff like that...

Nigeria's truly complex! Its people are so divided ethically than ever before... And who made it worse?? Ask me again!

Yoruba's and Igbos are all up in each other's business, Igbos, a fair chunk of Yorubas are at each other's throats, The Niger Deltans who've recently found their voice after their Son Contested and won The Presidential election back in 2011 also have their own fair share of hate to throw around..... Too Bad!

The Divide has never been this thick or vast. I started to notice a trend during the early stages of the electioneering period; The Igbos ressurected their Awolowo- era feud with the Yorubas for their open endorsement of a northern Candidate in PMB... Calling in a 'death-calling partnership' or a 'repeat of history' And there came The Oba Of Lagos' Inciteful ' Lagoon' comments and so everything went south from there... The Yoruba's would not be so belittled, They staged various comebacks, Voting massively for PMB was one of them.

Buhari Won but the feud never went cold no thanks To the emergence of Radio Biafra: A radio broadcast calling for the reborn of the secessionists of The 60's/ 70's. But, All these didn't hit the final nail to the coffin of Nigeria's Unity as the recent Appointments.

Unlike GEJ who stuck to the Federal Character Clause in appointments, Mr. Buhari has totally neglected its existence! Out of the Many Appointments he's made be it heads of parastatals, or members of his Administrations inner circle, 97% has gone to the North and 3% to the south (south south, east, West). Talk about total disrespect for ethics and Laws.

Buhari's Actions are undoubtedly sending Nigeria on a path of Anarchy. The public Out cry it has created even among top politicians one would expect to keep mum on issues like this was at an all time high. Social Media Ran Wild and Newspaper headlines weren't encouraging!

Kachikwus's appointment had Danjuma's signature all over it, Adeshina's had OBJ's and Maybe Enang's wasn't anybody's doing but so much for a President who " doesn't give a hoot about Pleasing ANYONE, Political Oligarchs inclusive. as I've heard APC loyalists say.

I believe GEJ's emergence as the president back in 2010 gave a section of Nigeria a voice, His appointments had Federal character oozing from it from all Angles. The Man basically treated Nigerians as equally as humanly possible. I can authoritatively tell you all that boko haram and the rampaging Herdsman were the only dividing factor among Nigerians during GEJ'S tenure and that was even mainly religious and not tribal

Buhari's body language keeps confirming people's fears of a grand northern/ Islamic conspiracy coming into play.
Why appoint mainly Northerners into sensitive positions of power and as heads of major Government agencies leaving out a sizable part of the nation? Does he think Northerners are more competent? Well, that'll amount to being sectional. Mark my words, when Buhari eventually appoints ministers, 50% of them will still be from the North bringing his Administrations inequality percentage to an outrageous 75% to 25%. This will be his greatest undoing.

People kept saying He's has the right to appoint those he's comfortable with into top positions... Yes he does! But by that, It'll mean GEJ, Yar'Adua and OBJ were the ' uncomfortable president's ' judging by the zonal balance they had during their respective administrations.

Nigeria's already a sectionalized state and no amount of #CompetenceOverEthnicity campaign by some Nairalanders can fix that.

By these, i'd be forgiven if I say Buhari and his actions are the biggest threat to Nigeria's Unity!

Lest I forget, The Man categorically said his 97% percent would feel the presence of his government more than the other 5%! What a Man! What A President! What a comment!

Source: ME

Happy Sunday Fellas!

Lalasticlala, Ishilove them!

3 Likes

Re: Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by slimcious(m): 8:24am On Aug 30, 2015
Ftc
Re: Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by nigerianium: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2015

Even Buhari's servile hoodrats from the South are beginning to raise crooked eyebrows. That in itself reveals a lot.♦

1 Like

Re: Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by madridguy(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2015
Okay
Re: Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by cheruv: 8:39am On Aug 30, 2015
grin
Re: Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by vanunu: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2015
Dr Junaid Muhammed is a bossom friend of the president, and like they say "show me your friends and i will tell you who u are"

1 Like

Re: Has The Notion 'Jonathan Divided Nigeria Along Ethnic Lines' been Proven False? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2015
PRYCE:
So PGEJ was labelled a 'National Disaster', 'Nigeria's threat To ethnic Unity' and stuff like that...
Nigeria's truly complex! Its people are so divided ethically than ever before... And who made it worse?? Ask me again!
Yoruba's and Igbos are all up in each other's business, Igbos, a fair chunk of Yorubas are at each other's throats, The Niger Deltans who've recently found their voice after their Son Contested and won The Presidential election back in 2011 also have their own fair share of hate to throw around..... Too Bad!
The Divide has never been this thick or vast. I started to notice a trend during the early stages of the electioneering period; The Igbos ressurected their Awolowo- era feud with the Yorubas for their open endorsement of a northern Candidate in PMB... Calling in a 'death-calling partnership' or a 'repeat of history' And there came The Oba Of Lagos' Inciteful ' Lagoon' comments and so everything went south from there... The Yoruba's would not be so belittled, They staged various comebacks, Voting massively for PMB was one of them.
Buhari Won but the feud never went cold no thanks To the emergence of Radio Biafra: A radio broadcast calling for the reborn of the secessionists of The 60's/ 70's. But, All these didn't hit the final nail to the coffin of Nigeria's Unity as the recent Appointments.
Unlike GEJ who stuck to the Federal Character Clause in appointments, Mr. Buhari has totally neglected its existence! Out of the Many Appointments he's made be it heads of parastatals, or members of his Administrations inner circle, 97% has gone to the North and 3% to the south (south south, east, West). Talk about total disrespect for ethics and Laws.
Buhari's Actions are undoubtedly sending Nigeria on a path of Anarchy. The public Out cry it has created even among top politicians one would expect to keep mum on issues like this was at an all time high. Social Media Ran Wild and Newspaper headlines weren't encouraging!
Kachikwus's appointment had Danjuma's signature all over it, Adeshina's had OBJ's and Maybe Enang's wasn't anybody's doing but so much for a President who " doesn't give a hoot about Pleasing ANYONE, Political Oligarchs inclusive. as I've heard APC loyalists say.
I believe GEJ's emergence as the president back in 2010 gave a section of Nigeria a voice, His appointments had Federal character oozing from it from all Angles. The Man basically treated Nigerians as equally as humanly possible. I can authoritatively tell you all that boko haram and the rampaging Herdsman were the only dividing factor among Nigerians during GEJ'S tenure and that was even mainly religious and not tribal
Buhari's body language keeps confirming people's fears of a grand northern/ Islamic conspiracy coming into play.
Why appoint mainly Northerners into sensitive positions of power and as heads of major Government agencies leaving out a sizable part of the nation? Does he think Northerners are more competent? Well, that'll amount to being sectional. Mark my words, when Buhari eventually appoints ministers, 50% of them will still be from the North bringing his Administrations inequality percentage to an outrageous 75% to 25%. This will be his greatest undoing.
People kept saying He's has the right to appoint those he's comfortable with into top positions... Yes he does! But by that, It'll mean GEJ, Yar'Adua and OBJ were the ' uncomfortable president's ' judging by the zonal balance they had during their respective administrations.
Nigeria's already a sectionalized state and no amount of #CompetenceOverEthnicity campaign by some Nairalanders can fix that.
By these, i'd be forgiven if I say Buhari and his actions are the biggest threat to Nigeria's Unity!
Lest I forget, The Man categorically said his 97% percent would feel the presence of his government more than the other 5%! What a Man! What A President! What a comment!
Source: ME
Happy Sunday Fellas!
Lalasticlala, Ishilove them!

Buhari is not God's choice.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photos;president Buhari Kicks Off Polio Vaccination In His Hometown In Katsina / Why Are Muslim Hostile And Parasitic? / Buhari’s Wife Seeks Adamawa Commissioner’s Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.