Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? (1687 Views)

Simple Beginners Guide To Going Natural In Nigeria + Starter Kit / Enuanwa Blessing Wins Beauty Of Africa International Pageant (BAIP) / Blessing Ogar Resigns After The Dethronement Of Her Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by symvanroyale(f): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2015
It's no longer news that "Going natural is the new naija", I remember a time when if you had natural hair you're considered "a deeper life or SU" but these days when you go on social networks you'll see tons of pics of naturalists in and outside Nigeria even our celebs have caught the, it is important to say I have too as I am currently 5months into my hair journey. grin
When I decided to go natural it wasn't because of the social media hype but because I saw it as a mode of spiritual cleansing; more like growing a plant, so I checked online and to my surprise there where lots of acronyms I had to decipher myself e.g LOC, ACV, PREPOO and so on. I also found people advertising tons of natural hair products which I ended up buying quite a number of them until I realized I was out of money for products.
None of the videos I saw on YouTube or the tons of natural hair communities and blogs I follow had advice for a Nigerian natural hair, so I decided to right an article on the pros and cons of keeping a healthy natural hair and how to minimize costs using DIYs.
Kindly follow....
Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by stellytwinkle(f): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
I'm also a naturalista. Following u dear 4 those DIYs

1 Like

Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by Rute(f): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2015
15 months post the creamy crack following u as well.

1 Like

Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by symvanroyale(f): 12:39am On Sep 01, 2015
[b][/b] HIBISCUS LEAF aka ZOBO

There's no doubt we all know the famous ZOBO leaf, with its strong antioxidant properties it is famous in Nigeria as flavoured tea mostly mixed with fresh ginger and served ice cold, I know a lot of people will find it shocking that this same leaf possesses Ayurvedic properties and is the best for a post shampoo rinse for any hair type

Infact it can be boiled with Ginger pulp, for antidandruff services.
It is also said to remove chemical debris from other hair products and can mask the hair protecting it from heat. This leaf is readily available and super affordable.

Please note this isn't one of those rice and beans hair posts, you can read more about it on google.

For purchase of natural hair products, oil mixes, satin bonnets, scarfs and pillow case.
Ajadielizabeth@gmail.com
Delivery nationwide

1 Like

Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by marieolae(f): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2015
Also a naturalista smiley
It's the best decision i've made!

Following....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by detutu1: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2015
Naturalista all the way...following...8months on! grin

1 Like

Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by MzCorleone(f): 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
NappilyBlonde and lovin' it!

9months post BC,best hair decision ever.

1 Like

Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by symvanroyale(f): 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
MzCorleone:
NappilyBlonde and lovin' it!

9months post BC,best hair decision ever.

Kindly share your pics and hair journey story on this post.
Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by symvanroyale(f): 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Will be discussing wonders of some normal food ingredients for hair growth,

You can also check out my THYME OIL post in the food section.
Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by MzCorleone(f): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Both pictures were taken sometime last month smiley
Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by MzCorleone(f): 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Going Natural..... A Curse Or A Blessing? by symvanroyale(f): 2:19am On Sep 05, 2015
THE WONDERFUL TOMATO JUICE

I am sure this will come as a shock but I am glad to tell bring to you how to apply the wonders of tomato juice to your hair
Major source of vitamins and minerals, tomato has great anti oxidant properties plus growth enhancers.
For a nourished scalp, follow these steps

;
Condition your hair: The vitamins in tomato juice can also add the natural shine back to dull, lifeless hair.
Apply a small amount of tomato juice to your scalp and hair after you wash it with shampoo.
Leave it in for 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing it out, as you might do with a conditioner.
The tomato juice should increase the acidic pH of your hair, allowing it to regain some of its vibrancy.

(1) (Reply)

Carry Your Little Ones In Style. (fosbas Baby Wrap) / Top 5 Blogs In Abuja / How To Make Permanent Pink Lips Balm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.