Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,107 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:04 AM

Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever (3487 Views)

Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians / Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / 3 Thousand Mega Watts Amaraku Dam Constructed By Okorocha. Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2015
Little wonder! The way I've been having electrical power supply eh! I been done dey fear for my bill o

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by aalimco: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2015
for the first time in last fifteen years we can now spend 2 days with electricity. thank God we are in for change. sai buhari

laurel03:
... 16yrs of PDP wasted years and dey spent over 32billion dollars on power sector... Notin to show for it... D new govt will surely get good policies
for the first time in last fifteen years we can now spend 2 days with electricity. thank God we are in for change. sai buhari

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by dustmalik: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2015
aalimco:

Exactly. The question some PDP die-hards have refused to answer is, if GEJ was still the president, would we be experiencing this? The simple answer is NO.
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Ugik(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
laurel03:
... 16yrs of PDP wasted years and dey spent over 32billion dollars on power sector... Notin to show for it... D new govt will surely get good policies
dat could be true but u must put certain factors into play ranging from vandalism of gas pipelines,stealing of electrical material and the generator importers.but 5000mw aint bad though
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by deji68: 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
OP is that not a Picture of one the protests against the Power reform project some years ago ?? what if they had succeeded with protests, there will be no 5000mw to celeberate? .....hypocrisy is a form of corrruption undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by laurel03(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ugik:
dat could be true but u must put certain factors into play ranging from vandalism of gas pipelines,stealing of electrical material and the generator importers.but 5000mw aint bad though
... Who need to provide security for life and properties of citizens... Is it not government? When things are not working well in any organization the blame is on the leaders.. We hope for better 9ja one day

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by ugomma2000: 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
izeeqpotter:
Come to think of it, no money was sunk into the sector. undecided they just upped it! Well, congrats! More WATTS to your _ass phcn

grin grin grin grin more watts to your waht!!! you no go kil me o!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by zendy: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ahmedie25:
It pains me when some peoples attribute success of Buhari's administration to Jonathan, Jonathan wasted good 6years , all he does is 2 make policies without implementation, because he lack political will to do so.
with coming of Buhari every policies start working & Nigeria is gradually become great, Buhari deserve d applause not a lame duck Jonathan

Dont talk nonsense. Nobody can generate 5000 Mw of electricity withing 100 days. It is simply not possible. Buhari is not a miracle worker. Any improvement you see right now in the power sector has more to do with Jonathan's administration than Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by bakila: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
goldfish80:

I've been in Enugu since August 12. Since then till this minute power has been stable. At a point in a week, power didn't go out even once. It's ridiculous, almost unreal.
Really? Are you sure that it is not the rainy season? Or is it Buhari's body language?
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Demdem(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
175:
To be honest, we no see the light or megawatts for Delta State oooo. . .especially asaba axis!

fool, but u saw it when jonah-daft was in charge right? grin grin grin
Oponu.
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by bakila: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thoniameek:
Little wonder! The way I've been having electrical power supply eh! I been done dey fear for my bill o
Do you prefer fuel for generator cost sir?
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by xandy84: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Buhari himself give credit to GEJ about the improvement in power sector. Am not a fan of GEJ but the improvement Nigerians are witnessing in power sector presently is because of past administration and the present administration has not come up with plans to improve the sector.

zendy:

Dont talk nonsense. Nobody can generate 5000 Mw of electricity withing 100 days. It is simply not possible. Buhari is not a miracle worker. Any improvement you see right now in the power sector has more to do with Jonathan's administration than Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
bakila:

Do you prefer fuel for generator cost sir?

No, but this people can be tricky at times you know.

A few days ago they brought a bill of almost half a million for my office. They said it's been accumulating for over five months, and mean while we've only had lights two weeks before they brought the bill.

We had to pay 300k and got a prepaid card in other to be able to monitor what we use now. That's why I was scared about the constant light
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by bakila: 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thoniameek:

No, but this people can be tricky at times you know.

A few days ago they brought a bill of almost half a million for my office. They said it's been accumulating for over five months, and mean while we've only had lights two weeks before they brought the bill.

We had to pay 300k and got a prepaid card in other to be able to monitor what we use now. That's why I was scared about the constant light
OK, it's seems everyone is complaining about so much availability of electricity with respect to high bill in most cases. It's good to get a card. It's pay as you go and most people will monitor usage.
We hope the story have changed to a positive one on power supply.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by fctboy: 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
So where is the light. I am presently in the dark. I charge my tablet during church service today powered by Lister generator.
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by skak(m): 11:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ugik:
his family lives with him and it aint wailing cos that is not PMB's suces story to tel but GEJ

May the wailers never see light for the next 4 years.

Dont curse me, I only wish them what they wish for themselves.

sai baba
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by skak(m): 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
deji68:
OP is that not a Picture of one the protests against the Power reform project some years ago ?? what if they had succeeded with protests, there will be no 5000mw to celeberate? .....hypocrisy is a form of corrruption undecided undecided undecided

link is provided. .. see for yourself
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by skak(m): 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
xandy84:
Buhari himself give credit to GEJ about the improvement in power sector. Am not a fan of GEJ but the improvement Nigerians are witnessing in power sector presently is because of past administration and the present administration has not come up with plans to improve the sector.

dont kill me with your past, present or future tenses.

it is clear the mega watts increases during buharis administration and no one can change my blieve.
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by skak(m): 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
fctboy:
So where is the light. I am presently in the dark. I charge my tablet during church service today powered by Lister generator.

u will never see light u until you open ur eyes for the truth
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by deji68: 8:45am On Aug 31, 2015
the pic was taken in 2011, check the link below......They were not jubilating , rather protesting against the power reform

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/workers%C2%A0seek-repeal-of-2005-power-reform-act/

skak:

link is provided. .. see for yourself
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by vedaxcool(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2015
Wailers should avoid this thread at all cost.
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2015
Ahmedie25:
It pains me when some peoples attribute success of Buhari's administration to Jonathan, Jonathan wasted good 6years , all he does is 2 make policies without implementation, because he lack political will to do so.
with coming of Buhari every policies start working & Nigeria is gradually become great, Buhari deserve d applause not a lame duck Jonathan

Mumu talk

Only in Nigeria do some graduates believe that fear and body language produce electricity grin

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2015
dustmalik:

Exactly. The question some PDP die-hards have refused to answer is, if GEJ was still the president, would we be experiencing this? The simple answer is NO.

Yes

Remember we experienced constant electricity around 2013/2014 but diminished during campaign period

Remember PDP accused APC of sabotage. True or False. cool

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Ugik(m): 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
skak:

May the wailers never see light for the next 4 years.
Dont curse me, I only wish them what they wish for themselves.
sai baba
hahahahaha.i wont oo bt they made their observation
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by Jman06(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Thank you Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!

Even if ungrateful Nigerians fail to acknowledge that your efforts are the reason for the improved power supply, those of us who are reasonable will always appreciate you for the improved power supply.

My prayer is that God will keep you alive and continue to shower more blessings on you and your family.

Thank you once again, the hero of Nigerian democracy!

GodBlessGEJ
Re: Jubilation As Nigeria Achieves 5,000 Mega Watts For The First Time Ever by omolami: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
All thanks be to God and Jonathan that was used to achieve this fit Hope Buhari will not reverse this achievement in fullness of time. Adesina over to you Jonathan our Hero may you live long. coolAll thanks be to God and Jonathan that was used to achieve this fit Hope Buhari will not reverse this achievement in fullness of time. Adesina over to you Jonathan our Hero may you live long.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministerial List : See What The Vice President Tweeted / Fayose Live On Channels Tv / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi And Wife After Wike's Supreme Court Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.