Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,611 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (44249 Views)

Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu / APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
fulanimafia:

Quit deceiving yourself, Nigeria was plagued with military dictatorships and not leaders, so your statement is completely baseless. After 14 years of the south in power, why is poverty still ravaging Bayelsans that lack ordinary potable water and Abia State looks like an abandoned, open wound?

What we need is quality leadership.
ode... is lagos, ogun, osun, ondo any better??

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by lekjons(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:

Are u okay, who told u we r complaning? Proudly 5%
Then, how about those people i quoted!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by igwechi1977(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2015
warrior01:
Pacify South East kwa? I thought there was nothing wrong with Buhari's appointments and the best hands can only be Found in the North. Abeg, make una leave SE alone in your change deception. All I know is, the people who supports this anomaly should not cry foul or ever quote federal character or quota system again when it's not in their favor. One day, Buhari would step down and what's next?

What is good is good and what is bad is bad. You only talk of pacifying the SE when you have wronged them.

We shall see the end of this deception called Change!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by saintkel(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2015
DrGroove:
I thought SE are clamouring for Biafra,why are they expecting appointments in Nigeria?
Am 100% in satisfied with PMB's appointments so far!
if he is a wise man,he should not give any single human being from the SE(Abia,Anambra,Imo,Enugu,Ebonyi) post
what do they even have to offer apart from fake drugs,cocaine pushers,fake products,fraud,arm robbery,baby factories.all in d name of business
No wonder u r a dullard and d daughter of hypocrisy... Mumu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by jouchmaleo: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2015
ExInferis:
They whined they were sidelined.

Now they're being included, they're still whining.

Obviously the igboes just want to be nuisances.

If you hate the man and didnt vote for him, if you want nothing to do with him and the "zoo", why then do you whine about positions in his government?

I guess we better saddle up for endless whining for the next 4 years
[s]
ExInferis:

If you hate the man and didnt vote for him, if you want nothing to do with him and the "zoo", why then do you whine about positions in his government?

[/s]
ExInferis:

Thunder fire u. Useless sycophant.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Billygee2u: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2015
iiiyyyk:

It is already too late, The core of the Gov't has been formed. ONLY A FOOLISH IGBOMAN WILL CELEBRATE THIS NONSENSE OF MINISTER.

BUHARI HAS PROVED BEYOUND ALL REASONABLE DOUBT THAT HE IS AN ETHNIC BIGOT AND IGBOS are NOT OBLIVIOUS OF THAT.

WHAT THE HELL IS MINISTER?

Is AN AMBASADOR PART OF A GOVERNMENT. SHAM.

he has formed his government by giving the key positions to his people,now you can confidently call this administration,government of the north and oil well for the north and porverty for the Niger Delta

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by PassingShot(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2015
warrior01:
Pacify South East kwa? I thought there was nothing wrong with Buhari's appointments and the best hands can only be Found in the North. Abeg, make una leave SE alone in your change deception. All I know is, the people who supports this anomaly should not cry foul or ever quote federal character or quota system again when it's not in their favor. One day, Buhari would step down and what's next?
The issue I have with people like you is speaking from both sides of the mouth.

Earlier, it was "We don't need his appointments. Let him keep them."

And when the president made appointments which was clearly lopsided, you guys cried foul play (though, rightly so).

And now that there is a report the presidency is working to correct the marginalization, you go back to say what you said first.

What do you guys want?
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by lekjons(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:

Are u okay, who told u we r complaning? Proudly 5%
Then, how about those people i quoted?!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by baloney: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by jouchmaleo: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
pls where south east dey?
[s]
powerfulsettingz:
[/s][quote author=powerfulsettingz post=37484475]pls where south east dey? [/quot

You will know. until Dullardnho finish zoning thiefinibu into irrelevance. Compound fool
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by experimentist: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2015
Buhari no make me vex oh...!

the SE don't deserve any honour with bad records. they brought war to this country. arrange the first coup in Nigeria.. greedy flat and corny headed clowns!

I wish Nngige, Okoroacha and Mr Onu ain't Igbo, the only true IBO alive!

yeye dey stink!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by iiiyyyk(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Buhari, even if he is Devil incarnate. Realisng the President,, sen president, speaker, cheif Justice, etc all from North and he still have the mind to appoint another Norther as SGF,

He Really have a very big problem.

No easterner should expect any thing from PMB, He should go to Hell with his Ministers and ambasedors

5 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2015
recovered from the shock and the pain - oya bubu lets continue with the work ahead.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by thundafire: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2015
okorocha brodas nd sistas wer support PMB dy go giv una dy useless post una hear cs dy daura dn giv him pple all dy most sensitive post so make una shut up nd enjoy i think with tym GEJ will be praised
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2015
Does he think we are foolish or interested in his appointments?

After giving out the main positions to his northern brothers, he now wants to use some nonsense ministerial appointments to save face.

Buhari should keep his appointments, it wont change a thing, it wont add any thing to our lives.

5 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by henryuzor(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2015
chymystique:
Medicine after death laced with lies after giving juicy appointments to his brothers.. Soon Gabbage Shehu will claim thats not what his oga @ d top said. He should fulfil his campaign promises and not forget to shove his useless appointments down his frail throat... Bigot! undecided
Mumu...What is the meaning of JUICY......na him enemy he for give the sensitive positions b4...#wailingwailers
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by ExInferis(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2015
jouchmaleo:
[s][/s]

Thunder fire u. Useless sycophant.

Hmm. An igboe internet warrior.

Hope the phone you used to reply me wasnt robbed from someone.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Nellypy: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2015
Sai Baba i feel u! Job them the more
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by experimentist: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2015
chymystique:
Medicine after death laced with lies after giving juicy appointments to his brothers.. Soon Gabbage Shehu will claim thats not what his oga @ d top said. He should fulfil his campaign promises and not forget to shove his useless appointments down his frail throat... Bigot! undecided
bleeps you! Mumu! nothing for you guy, you can cry us river Nile..
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by chi4ik4(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2015
South East has been developing fastly more than any northern state; so they don't need Buhari's appointment. Buhari go to he'll they don't need u

3 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2015
experimentist:
[s]Buhari no make me vex oh...!

the SE don't deserve any honour with bad records. they brought war to this country. arrange the first coup in Nigeria.. greedy flat and corny headed clowns!

I wish Nngige, Okoroacha and Mr Onu ain't Igbo, the only true IBO alive!

yeye dey stink![/s]

MAY GOD DESTROY YOUR ENTIRE LINEAGE! angry angry

BLOODY SON OF A USELESS HARLOT MOTHER FATHERED BY A GUTTER PIG! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by chi4ik4(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2015
South East has been developing fastly more than any northern state; so they don't need Buhari's appointment. Buhari go to hell they don't need u
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by equity2003: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2015
Yhunoos:
There were indications on Saturday that President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress had begun moves to compensate the South-East for not getting any appointments so far in the current administration.

SUNDAY PUNCH reliably gathered that some states in the geopolitical zone might get more than one ministerial slot.

The Presidency and the APC sources, who spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH on condition of anonymity, also justified the appointments made by Buhari on Thursday.

A top member of the party said the President was not unmindful of criticisms that greeted the alleged lopsided appointments.

He said, “The President has assured us that all zones that have not been represented in the appointments he has made so far will be compensated.

“For example, some states in the South-East may get more than one ministerial slots. The President is going to make board and ambassadorial appointments. All zones, including the South-East, will be represented in this government.”

Prominent Nigerians and socio-political groups, have criticised the appointments made by Buhari so far.

Out of 31 appointments made so far, 24 of the appointees are from the North and seven are from the South. The South-East has no representation in the Buhari-led government.

SUNDAY PUNCH however gathered that the emergence of the new Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pastor David Lawal, and the Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, was the result of the politics among power blocks in the APC.

It was learnt that the two appointees belonged to the Congress for Progressive defunct Change, which Buhari led, before it merged with other parties to form the APC

A Presidency source told one of our correspondents that Lawal and Kyari were picked because of their closeness and loyalty to the President.

The source said, “Although the President is a loyal member of the party, the levels of trust he has in the members differ. There are various blocks in the APC.

“You don’t give appointments such as chief of staff and the SGF to your rival or his loyalists; you give them to those you can vouch for. Those posts are ears and eyes of the President and they are not subjected to the party’s ratification.”

It was also gathered that the latest appointments confirmed the existence of various power blocks in the APC.

It will be recalled that the CPC, led by Buhari, merged with the Action Congress of Nigeria, the All Nigerians Peoples Party and a faction of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, led by the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, to form the APC.

They were later joined by five governors, who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar also defected from the PDP to the APC.

Meanwhile, the Presidency, on Saturday, assured Nigerians that by the end of the series of appointments being made by Buhari, no part of Nigeria would feel alienated.

The Special Assistant to the President on Media Affairs, Mr. Garba Shehu, said this in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents.

When asked if the South- East and other parts of the country, who are complaining of being marginalised by Buhari would be compensated, Shehu said appointments so far made by the President were just a few out of so many that would be made by the President.

He said, “There will be ministers, heads of government departments, federal boards and ambassadors. At the end of the exercise, no part of the country will be left feeling left out.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/appointments-buhari-apc-move-to-pacify-seast/

Cc lalasticlala
. You don't dashout somebody property to the person that owns it,just Great Fala Anikula Kuti said you don't dash human right is a sole right, so APC talking about compasting the south East is understatment,the ministerial post is meant for all the state of the fedration. After sharing all the post to ur empty heads friends and brothers , now u talk of compastion. You fool some people some time but you can never fool all the people all time. What of we that sacrifice our. Time and strength to vote in favour of APC,even though we come from south east dost mean because APC loss @ south east non of shall receive our nation rigth an more. I once know that whoever that holds a child toy up raised most surely bring it down. Buhari APC most. Know within seconds and minutes, days it becomes months to years and campaign I shall commence again.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by chichriso: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2015
It is too late for APC after 30 appointents?

TO BOOST YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC, CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK/URL

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by iwatch: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2015
PassingShot:

And when the president made appointments which was clearly lopsided, you guys cried foul play (though, rightly so).

And now that there is a report the presidency is working to correct the marginalization, you go back to say what you said first.

What do you guys want?
You must have known by now that I support Buhari, if he really wants to pacify the Igbos as suggested, he should reverse some of his appointments... Simple.

Let's call a spade a spade... Would you be happy if I had eaten a better part of the food when it was fresh and give you leftover or you would prefer to be served a fresh meal? Sincerely answer this question.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2015
thundafire:
[s]okorocha brodas nd sistas wer support PMB dy go giv una dy useless post una hear cs dy daura dn giv him pple all dy most sensitive post so make una shut up nd enjoy i think with tym GEJ will be praised[/s]

NAME JUST ONE TANGIBLE THING THAT GEJ DID FOR NDI IGBO?!

IF BY NOW U STILL DONT KNW THAT GEJ IS OUR WORST ENEMY THEN FUK U AND FUK THAT UR USELESS GEJ! angry angry
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by experimentist: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
e dey for imaginary Biafra region
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by iiiyyyk(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2015
PassingShot:

What do you guys want?

You think Igbos are fools, the core of the Gov't has been formed. President, sen president, speaker, chief justice and SGF. Every other appointment is wash.
Infact the office of the VP has no constitutional power, are u stll remembering sambo?

Buhari is a Tribal Bigot.
No body is begging for appointments, but we talk to let him and the world know how Petty he is as a leader.

4 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by experimentist: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2015
nwaanambra1:

MAY GOD DESTROY YOUR ENTIRE LINEAGE! angry angry

BLOODY SON OF A USELESS HARLOT MOTHER FATHERED BY A GUTTER PIG! angry angry
hehehe, e pain am.. I like am grin

nwanne, obo Iya e run bi skunk
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by PassingShot(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2015
iwatch:
You must have known by now that I support Buhari, if he really wants to pacify the Igbos as suggested, he should reverse some of his appointments... Simple.

Let's call a spade a spade... Would you be happy if I had eaten a better part of the food when it was fresh and give you leftover or you would prefer to be served a fresh meal? Sincerely answer this question.
What is "the better part" in all of these appointments?

In my books, ministers and heads of agencies are the drivers of the economy. As such, they are more relevant to Nigeria and Nigerians than the SGF and COS.

Under PMB, the SGF will not be as powerful as it used to be. He and COS will be reduced to performing their constitutional duties which are not too impactful on the economy.

Would you then prefer an SGF or COS from SE that is not able to influence PMB's appointments?
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by FreeGlobe(f): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2015
PassingShot:

What do you guys want?
I never complained about Buhari's appointments. Infact I want all his ministerial appointments to come from the north.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Orders IG Adamu To Hand Over / Tinubu & Wife, Remi Attend Democracy Day Celebration At Eagles Square (video) / Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.