Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (44248 Views)

Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu / APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Billygee2u: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
I think he should just leaves us the 5% out of his government and do his thing...
I support any agitation for secession. 1914 was a forceful marriage.
honestly,if not that I am far away from Africa, I would have gone to the villages and form grassroot supporters of Biafra ,and start destruction of properties of politicians that are in support of this faulty administration,hijack local government headquarters and their chairmen/counselors.
next is to give police war for war.
then Biafra will have a meaning, not agitating for Biafra and still have politicians representing the Igbos,
stop all those Igbo politicians first and Biafra will be actualized.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by smartmoses(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2015
#WeDontNeedBUHARIAppointment #BiafraWeStand#TheZooMustFall

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by PassingShot(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2015
iiiyyyk:

You think Igbos are fools, the core of the Gov't has been formed. President, sen president, speaker, chief justice and SGF. Every other appointment is wash.
Infact the office of the VP has no constitutional power, are u stll remembering sambo?

Buhari is a Tribal Bigot.
No body is begging for appointments, but we talk to let him and the world know how Petty he is as a leader.
Of all the positions you mentioned, there was nothing Buhari could have done to change their course except the SGF and COS.

Ministers and heads of agencies have much more direct impact than the SGF and COS especially under a Buhari who is not easily influenced.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by PassingShot(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

I never complained about Buhari's appointments. Infact I want all his ministerial appointments to come from the north.
OK. But your wish practically impossible.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by BigElEddy(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2015
Even if southeast is compensated, ibos will still complain. Just watch and see how ibos will start dis owning their people
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Reference(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2015
He said, “The President has assured us that all zones that have not been represented in the appointments he has made so far will be compensated.

This is exactly what I mean, 'compensations'.

That word is so offensive to me. To the giver it means: 'You did not merit it, But because you feel cheated, have this.'
To the recipient it means: 'I have been cheated, now gifted to do with it what I please. See where corruption starts. See what the effect of a lopsided, unbalanced structure causes. See the problem of Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by titoetal(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2015
APC and PMB, please we're not interested. Do not pacify. Carry on with your original plan. I will love to see a situation where the SE will reject any appointment given to them henceforth. The precedent has already been set so continue with it, as any change now is medicine after death.
We are equally waiting for the downgrade of other institutions that were upgraded to degree awarding ones by immediate past administration to their formal status and not only Alvan Ikoku. We are watching in 3D square.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Bollinger(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Buhari should just appoint those he wants and stop this hypocrisy of pacification.

The hand writing of his bigotry is audible to the deaf and legible to the blind.

Sometime ago I wrote that his north needs mind transformation to creep out of poverty and illiteracy; filling his cabinet with hundreds from the millions over there will not change the fact that they are the most impoverished in Nigeria. Ironically, they have ruled more than any other region.

To a lot of people on NL, i sound anti Nigerian because i call it as i see it. The common sense thing to do is for Nigeria to disintegrate. But, Greed and selfishness of a certain few who depend on the resources of the country will never let that happen. On the issue of Buhari's appointments, what should concern the average Nigerian is the quality of the appointments not the tribes of the appointees. But no, that is the least of their problem. The only reason why the appointments are such a big deal is because of the distrust among Nigerians. How do you live and work with people you don't trust? If Buhari caves in to everyone's demands, what will happen is the appointees will only work to further the aspirations of his tribe and not the country's. This country is perhaps the worst country on earth with the dumbest most blood thirsty archaic people alive on the planet today.

3 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by AreaFada2: 10:58am On Aug 30, 2015
ajoskele:
President Buhari has confided in Chief Ogbonnaya Onu he has great plans for him and his other Igbo technocrats.

SGF is known to be a "secretary"; serving memos, writing minutes in council meetings. Chief Olu Falae made the position prominent under IBB. I don't even know the ones before him. I doubt google does too Anyim Pius Anyim was the demi-god in GEJ's dispensation. Buhari is ending that right away.

Na small time e remain now, dem go dey offer pipo SGF and Chief of Staff, dem go dey reject am...dem go prefer make dem siddon for dem village, dey earn small change dan 2 dey share memos, write minutes n dey cook President food.
All na lie. To obfuscate people. Who says they are not important? GMB wants Northerners being in charge of Aso Rock fully. He wants Southerners at arms length away in the ministries or preferably in third tier embassies in far flung places. I think people should let GMB chose his team, even if all from Daura. Stop crying for crumbs. If not, 4 years from now, Northerners could use it to explain away his failure. That he wasn't allowed to chose a competent team.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by tunde1200(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2015
hmm you make point that hit me hard on that GEJ aspect.

Dottore:
[size=15pt]if I say I am not disappointed so far with the appointments then I'm lying. Popsi no dey gree yarn with me again because I supported Buhari lipsrsealed
If the clueless GEJ had not misused his opportunity maybe S. easterners wouldn't have been so much messed.
Now GMB wants to turn South Eastern appointees as peasant government functionaries, puppeted by Northerners in more sovereign positions. This can only make the SE appointees to always stand on their toes and look the other way or smile in affirmation whenever dissatisfied with any policy.

This na "Chop and Quench" in Fela's voice
Abami Eda where art thou

#oneNigeriaisanillusion [/size]
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 989900: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2015
ExInferis:
They whined they were sidelined.

Now they're being included, they're still whining.

Obviously the igboes just want to be nuisances.

If you hate the man and didnt vote for him, if you want nothing to do with him and the "zoo", why then do you whine about positions in his government?

I guess we better saddle up for endless whining for the next 4 years

#petulant
I'm glad most of my Igbo friends and family are not like the ones here.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by ibkgab001: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2015
People from where the sun set are not smiling simply because they keep on shouting Biafra
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by odogwueast: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2015
APPOIntment made by PMB hmmm 31 appoint 24 north 7 south ? South east zero appoint
AMECHI what are u doing
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by mandax: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2015
warrior01:
Pacify South East kwa? I thought there was nothing wrong with Buhari's appointments and the best hands can only be Found in the North. Abeg, make una leave SE alone in your change deception. All I know is, the people who supports this anomaly should not cry foul or ever quote federal character or quota system again when it's not in their favor. One day, Buhari would step down and what's next?

Most important positions in the government have been filled with northerners based on Merit..

Quota system or Federal Character Principles were thrown out by President Buhari from the north of Nigeria.

Oh yeah, use of Merit to employ and admit candidates to federal institutions have been re-established by President Buhari.

That means, no more situations where a candidate from the north who scored 2 points in an entrance exam to federal government institutions shall be admitted, while a candidate from the south east who scored 300 points in the same exam shall not be admitted.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 4stylz: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2015
nwaanambra1:

NAME JUST ONE TANGIBLE THING THAT GEJ DID FOR NDI IGBO?!

IF BY NOW U STILL DONT KNW THAT GEJ IS OUR WORST ENEMY THEN FUK U AND FUK THAT UR USELESS GEJ! angry angry

I thought you said bayelsa's are your brothers? Why the "our worst enemy"? The way you clamour for east alone makes us Niger deltans afraid of you people.. you guys re to some extent very greedy.

I don't support buhari appointments but the truth is that igbos keep lying to us that biafra is not an igbo movement! And are quick to deny Niger deltans easily..
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by harrywakil(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2015
Mr President sir the youth are still waiting for the employment you promise , the house of rep in Abuja read the secound reading of Peace corps of Nigeria ,what are the government still waiting for , this would have take thousands of youth off the streat , @ list the police will have more time in coubing crimes in the country , Civil deffence and peace corps will then take over all government own institud like pipline rifinaerie ,ministries etc
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by joeace2020(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2015
a move probably too late

[b] Meanwhile.............

Get our complete Brilliantlights Media Fiverr Training packages Todayand start offering unique services professionally on Fiverr and generating income from your living room.

Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have extras of up to $100, $200 per Gig (you are permitted 20 Gigs at a time)and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 per Gig selling your skill on fiverr every month on only one account! Now imagine up to 5 accounts with 20 Gigs each!. For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands like me are making money off it every day. All it requires is possessing the knowledge of how to build profitable accounts, optimizing them for constant orders and delivering with continuous positive reviews and high ratings.

The complete training packages covers five Hot in-demand services from ARTICLE WRITING TO GRAPHICS DESIGN, VIDEO AND ANIMATION, WEB DESIGN AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT. It includes Hours of Training Videos created by our Experts on each service covering: Opening a Service Specific Professional Fiverr Account, Creating Attractive Gigs with Captivating Gig Images and Gig Videos, Delivering orders and Receiving your Payments in Nigeria. The package also include tools like Adobe Photoshop for creating Gig images and Camtasia Software for Gig videos creation respectively along with Special Tools specific to each service included in each pack. Interested participants would also be introduced into our Facebook Brilliantlightsmedia Support Group as well as our Whatsapp Group through 070-665-64342 for follow up.

After many years working and earning on fiverr, we as a reputable company put our heads together to help introduce others who are in desperate need of financial upliftment, having heard and seen how desperate jobless youths have become in a bid to land jobs or engage in any business whether bad or dehumanizing just to survive or how companies are retrenching people daily and sending them into the over saturated Labor market.

The internet is a trillion dollar per month platform everyone should be working on today and Fiverr is one of the easiest means to start earning from it. However you need to get on it the right way. Stop creating accounts that have no potential for profit. Get the skills that you can sell not only on fiverr and other freelance sites (Like Elance, freelancer.com) but also required by Big businesses and companies around us, even better, you could create your own business like we have done as a Social Media Management company and stop complaining about lack of jobs, wicked requirements or jobs already arranged for the connected

If you have questions or enquiries Please PM me here on Nairaland or reach me through the whatsapp number mentioned earlier
[/b]
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 4stylz: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2015
Reference:
He said, “The President has assured us that all zones that have not been represented in the appointments he has made so far will be compensated.

This is exactly what I mean, 'compensations'.

That word is so offensive to me. To the giver it means: 'You did not merit it, But because you feel cheated, have this.'
To the recipient it means: 'I have been cheated, now gifted to do with it what I please. See where corruption starts. See what the effect of a lopsided, unbalanced structure causes. See the problem of Nigeria.

Exactly : the northerners always feel they are doing other region of the country a favour; they useless people

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by litetias(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2015
I don't want representation, we already have representatives in the National Assembly.
Aren't they all representing their own pockets?
Me I want development ooo.
I want Nigeria to be like yankee.
Fùck representation.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by mandax: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2015
4stylz:

I thought you said bayelsa's are your brothers? Why the "our worst enemy"? The way you clamour for east alone makes us Niger deltans afraid of you people.. you guys re to some extent very greedy.

I don't support buhari appointments but the truth is that igbos keep lying to us that biafra is not an igbo movement! And are quick to deny Niger deltans easily..

If you're not from the SW, plesse stop making the mistakes of yesteryears. Igbos and others in the rest of SS share common value systems. Commonly shared value systems is the prerequisite for nationhood. No sane Igbo can deny affinity with anybody from south south.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2015
hassanRS:
angry Waiting nd watching.. .. ...
re u an adventist?
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by ExInferis(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2015
989900:

#petulant
I'm glad most of my Igbo friends and family are not like the ones here.

happy for you.

you'll notice that i spell it as 'igboe'. These are the anti-progress, reactionary, criminal, whiny, secessionist variety.

Then there are 'igbos', the very few cosmopolitan, hardworking, slightly honest ones, such as my step granma.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2015
4stylz:

MY POINT IS, WHILE WE ARE ON BUHARI'S HATE FOR THE IGBOS, THE QUESTION STILL REMAINS - AFTER 150% SUPPORT FOR GEJ WHAT DID NDI IGBO GAINED FROM HIS GOVERNMENT? HEAD BRIDGE ONITSHA - 0!; ENUGU ONITSHA AND ABA OWERRI ROAD - 0!; ONITSHA SEAPORT - 0! OTU ONITSHA UPGRADE TO INTERNATIONAL STANDARD - 0!; INTERNATIONAL CARGO AIRPORT AS PROMISED - 0!

TALK ABOUT THE IJAW INGRAINED HATE FOR THE IGBOS - THICKER THAN THE HAUSA HATE FOR THE IGBOS BY A VERY BIG MARGIN!

I ALWAYS SAY IT AND I WILL KEEP SAYING - IF BIAFRA IS GOING TO BE WITH THE IJAWS, THEN I WILL RATHER REMAIN A NIGERIAN! CAUSE WITH THE IJAWS, THEN THAT BIAFRA IS A LOST CAUSE - THEY WILL SURELY SELL US LIKE THEY DID THE LAST TIME!

THE NAME EBELEMI - IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM EBELECHUKWU [BUT THEY HIDE THE "MI" IN "EBELE" JUST TO FOOL THE IGBOS!]

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Sweetlemon(f): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2015
chymystique:
Medicine after death laced with lies after giving juicy appointments to his brothers.. Soon Gabbage Shehu will claim thats not what his oga @ d top said. He should fulfil his campaign promises and not forget to shove his useless appointments down his frail throat... Bigot! undecided

Juicy? So NNPC CBN and FIRS are not "Juicy" enough?

I just pray Buhari remains strong in his resolve. SE cannot and will never like Buhari no matter who he appoints. Let him just do what he can do and go and not be too bothered. There are other more important things to think of than "pacifying" regions.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Sulaimon01(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2015
warrior01:
Pacify South East kwa? I thought there was nothing wrong with Buhari's appointments and the best hands can only be Found in the North. Abeg, make una leave SE alone in your change deception. All I know is, the people who supports this anomaly should not cry foul or ever quote federal character or quota system again when it's not in their favor. One day, Buhari would step down and what's next?
Another Northern President
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Ofornaira: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2015
ajoskele:
President Buhari has confided in Chief Ogbonnaya Onu he has great plans for him and his other Igbo technocrats.

SGF is known to be a "secretary"; serving memos, writing minutes in council meetings. Chief Olu Falae made the position prominent under IBB. I don't even know the ones before him. I doubt google does too Anyim Pius Anyim was the demi-god in GEJ's dispensation. Buhari is ending that right away.

Na small time e remain now, dem go dey offer pipo SGF and Chief of Staff, dem go dey reject am...dem go prefer make dem siddon for dem village, dey earn small change dan 2 dey share memos, write minutes n dey cook President food.
Story for the gods. If actually what u are saying is true, why didn't he appoint a man from other zone for the sgf and reverse the so called juicy job for ogbonaya onu.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by berrystunn(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2015
May thunder fire those igbos that voted buhari with 950,000,000KVA strike........till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by mandax: 11:27am On Aug 30, 2015
nwaanambra1:

MY POINT IS, WHILE WE ARE ON BUHARI'S HATE FOR THE IGBOS, THE QUESTION STILL REMAINS - AFTER 150% SUPPORT FOR GEJ WHAT DID NDI IGBO GAINED FROM HIS GOVERNMENT? HEAD BRIDGE ONITSHA - 0!; ENUGU ONITSHA AND ABA OWERRI ROAD - 0!; ONITSHA SEAPORT - 0! OTU ONITSHA UPGRADE TO INTERNATIONAL STANDARD - 0!; INTERNATIONAL CARGO AIRPORT AS PROMISED - 0!

TALK ABOUT THE IJAW INGRAINED HATE FOR THE IGBOS - THICKER THAN THE HAUSA HATE FOR THE IGBOS BY A VERY BIG MARGIN!

I ALWAYS SAY IT AND I WILL KEEP SAYING - IF BIAFRA IS GOING TO BE WITH THE IJAWS, THEN I WILL RATHER REMAIN A NIGERIAN! CAUSE WITH THE IJAWS, THEN THAT BIAFRA IS A LOST CAUSE - THEY WILL SURELY SELL US LIKE THEY DID THE LAST TIME!

THE NAME EBELEMI - IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM EBELECHUKWU [BUT THEY HIDE THE "MI" IN "EBELE" JUST TO FOOL THE IGBOS!]

My friend, you live in the past. If Ijaw hates Igbo, why did Ijaw and Jonathan make two Igbos - Iwealla and Anyim - be very visible in his government?

All those things you enumerated which Jonathan government did not do in the southeast can be blamed upon those Igbos who Jonathan made visible in his government. Again, remember that Jonathan was not a dictator. So there is a limit to what he could do and could not do. Have you heard that treated water is scarce in Otuoke?

Jonathan could not be president and every where at the same time.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by HirstMOG(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2015
What do you guys make of the word "compensated" To me is like "left over".
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2015
berrystunn:
[s]May thunder fire those igbos that voted buhari with 950,000,000KVA strike........till 2019[/s]

OTU NNEGI! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What I Saw In Umuahia, Abia State Last Week (picture) / Tinubu & Wife, Remi Attend Democracy Day Celebration At Eagles Square (video) / Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.