Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) (10271 Views)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

And attachment to an imaginary friend is hardly an intelligent attribute, rather, it is a benign form of mental illness.

again, keep your logic to yourself.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by hahn(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
fantasticshaw:
Guy you're funny. So it's God's fault if man has not discovered the cure for some sicknesses right ? For your information God still heals super naturally without drugs if you don't know ask and He does it free of charge. But you must believe in Him because there is no way what you don't believe in will work for you. It is written in the bible By his stripes we are healed, healing is the CHILDREN's bread. If you are interested just call on Jesus. It's free. When it comes to healing God does not and is not limited by the discovery or availability of human medicine. Let me ask you do you think you can know everything God created ? How many planets were you told existed 10 years ago by your research and textbook and how many planets are there now ? O boy , fear God and repent ! Thanks.

And how many people has god healed that you know of personally? In fact, have you ever been sick and got healed without going to the hospital or taking any drugs?

Your god sat back and allowed malaria kill millions of people until science invented tablets and today a dose of amalar can cure malaria. Unfortunately, it is this kind of ignorance that enabled the death of millions to very curable diseases, as still seen in Africa and despite our "belief" in god he still hasn't done anything about it.

How many planets did god create as written in your bible?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
God's image my bottom.
I bet that if Jesus comes down wearing an Igbo traditional attire and looking exact like you, you would mock him and call him fake, deciever and devil.

You are just another brainwashed shmock.
Just admit it and move on.

do you feel better now?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
If all your skydaddy can do is pretend-comfort you after disasters and misfortunes, rather than preventing them, then what is the need to have an imaginary skydaddy?
What are the megatons of prayers for?
Heck, your friends and family can give you real comfort in times of need.

say whatever your mind pleases you....it won't disprove Gods existence..... in fact, you are the ones begging for world recognition. I have experienced divine love, peace, and interventions.... I don't need to prove it to you.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by plaetton: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
hahn:

Well, muslims and other theists don't go around from door to door threatening people with hell fire for not believing in their god. Muslims are a bit more devoted to their beliefs. A muslim can be convinced to blow himself up for Mohammed but christians can't even seem to get themselves to go to church on Sundays.

Of all religions, christians are undoubtedly the most hypocritical, judgemental and indisciplined.
Yes indeed.

An average Moslem really really believes everything about his/religion to be true, and lives his/her religion.

A Christian, on the hand, due to the genetic make up of the religion, is never sure what he or she believes. They make it as they go.
Their hypocrisy and moral schizophrenia are not comparable to any other religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
I love dog too

feel free to worship it. your indirect insults does not change a thing. am at peace, you are not.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thoniameek:

See...... You don't teach anyone how to hate.
By default humans hate; you atheist just like the easy way out, comfort zone.

I could only imagine the boredom in such a lifestyle.
No,Human never hate by default,human mind is in a state of tabularaza(clean slated) it is as a result of values and norms that people love and hate....For instance, A new born baby can't hate you cus he has nothing on his mind about you but upon the value of culture he grows in,he gets ethnocentric to see his culture as the best and tends to hate you and your culture,same thing applies to religion,I was once a christian but now I can't help but be irreligious prior to my constant studies and new discoveries and here's is the funny part,the same way christians feels pity for people such as myself is the same way we atheists also feel pity for christians or any other religious group.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

A black Christian is like a black person with no memory.
-Chris Rock.
if Chris rock is your mentor, then congrats to you and the comedian.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
SonOfEl:

feel free to worship it. your indirect insults does not change a thing. am at peace, you are not.
hahhahahahahha funny, how do you know am not at peace?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

Yes indeed.

An average Moslem really really believes everything about his/religion to be true, and lives his/her religion.

A Christian, on the hand, due to the genetic make up of the religion, is never sure what he or she believes. They make it as they go.
Their hypocrisy and moral schizophrenia are not comparable to any other religion.

atheist can never confront Moslems, of course why wouldn't they be afraid of radicals?...imagine the cowardice... at the end, Christianity continues to thrive...

as if Islam is not a religion..... face them too coward, and stop your double standard approach.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
if your claim about god giving human brain to find or discover drugs,why hasn't god given the best doctor the brain to find or discovered the cure for AIDS? Why is he wasting time to grow the herbs so physicians could find it?

No god gives you wisdom but your learned wisdom which you got through education and learned skills.

Okay,let me flip it over,god created human with the ability to use logic,Leaves no logical proof he exit & still will burn me in hell for not believing in his existence,Does this make sense to you?
What ! Tell me, does everybody have the same level of faith ? no. Is everybody a believer ? No. Assuming God limited healing to only those who believe maybe people like you won't be alive by now. Have you not heard or read of very serious health conditions taking to hospitals and DOCTORS refer such patients to men/women of faith for prayer and why do they (doctors) say we treat but God heals ?. Do you not see that God made His Sun to shine on both the good and the ungodly ? Had God made otherwise people like you would scream out accusing Him of being high handed, wicked and authoritarian. But because of love He lets that be the way it is thereby giving the time and chance to see reason to repent out of your own free will and not by compulsion. Personally I'm not a pastor but I've prayed all alone in my room for healing and got it without the knowledge of any pastor, prophet of priest. I've had many personal proofs of what is in the bible and that's why I'm telling you. I noticed you are so much interested in healing. If you have any health challenge tell me let's pray together it's absolutely free but you must believe in Jesus first and have faith. You said God didn't give anybody wisdom that we acquired by academic study. Now let me ask you. You learnt from someone who learnt from someone who learnt from... Where does it end? So you just believe that suddenly out of no where in the vast cosmic space there was a bang and whoosh ! Everything appeared well placed and in other. Does that make sense to you ?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
hahhahahahahha funny, how do you know am not at peace?

your insecurity amongst a religion dominated world is obvious as you always attack theism. your hate and insecurity is legendary...I'll keep praying for you....
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Ishilove: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

And attachment to an imaginary friend is hardly an intelligent attribute, rather, it is a benign form of mental illness.
So our belief in God is mental illness?

Hahahahahahaha! I don hear sontin today! cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
fantasticshaw:
What ! Tell me, does everybody have the same level of faith ? no. Is everybody a believer ? No. Assuming God limited healing to only those who believe maybe people like you won't be alive by now. Have you not heard or read of very serious health conditions taking to hospitals and DOCTORS refer such patients to men/women of faith for prayer and why do they (doctors) say we treat but God heals ?. Do you not see that God made His Sun to shine on both the good and the ungodly ? Had God made otherwise people like you would scream out accusing Him of being high handed, wicked and authoritarian. But because of love He lets that be the way it is thereby giving the time and chance to see reason to repent out of your own free will and not by compulsion. Personally I'm not a pastor but I've prayed all alone in my room for healing and got it without the knowledge of any pastor, prophet of priest. I've had many personal proofs of what is in the bible and that's why I'm telling you. I noticed you are so much interested in healing. If you have any health challenge tell me let's pray together it's absolutely free but you must believe in Jesus first and have faith. You said God didn't give anybody wisdom that we acquired by academic study. Now let me ask you. You learnt from someone who learnt from someone who learnt from... Where does it end? So you just believe that suddenly out of no where in the vast cosmic space there was a bang and whoosh ! Everything appeared well placed and in other. Does that make sense to you ?

you even have time to go this far with the dude. the atheist is like a school bully, suffering from inferiority complex but using to get at others.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by plaetton: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ishilove:

So our belief in God is mental illness?

Hahahahahahaha! I don hear sontin today! cheesy cheesy

Don't blame meet o.
Just ask the American Psychological Association. That is their verdict.
grin
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Ishilove: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
CaptainJune:

Lol. It is very funny but I can feel the passion of hatred for the 'non-existent' God in his words. I thought his subject-matter should be approached objectively as pertains to a lack of conviction in someone's existence. Why is he then making it a personal issue by calling a non-existent being names? Is that logical? Yes, obsession makes it logical.

Secondly, you will always hear atheists demand evidence of the existence of God. It doesn't mean they want to believe God when they see the evidence of His existence. They only want to satisfy their science-driven curiosity; they want to put God in a laboratory and conduct experiments on Him so that in the end, they will say science created God since He can be verified by scientific means. Lol. Can't laugh. No wonder the Word says claiming they are wise they became fools. The Word of God also said the wisdom of the world is foolishness with God, and that He catches the wise in their craftiness. The Op fits both categories.

It is just like when Jesus was hanged on the cross and the scribes and religious leaders of the time challenged Him to come down from the cross if He was truly the Son of God. They only said this as a matter of satisfying their curiosity, not to believe if it actually happened. If they did not believe all the signs He performed and the testimonies of people he healed and delivered from demonic oppression, they wouldn't believe even if He came down from the cross.
It is the same way with atheists. If they don't believe the signs of God's existence through the manifestations of healing and miracles by the hands of His servants, the testimonies of millions of people all over the world as regards His existence including those who died and came back to life through God's grace, through the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit especially the gifts of prophecy and word of knowledge, then they will never believe even if they were given hard evidence of God's existence. The Op, like the rest of those who share in his unbelief, is on his own.

In essence, I just expatiated on your post to show I fully agree with your comment. Makes sense.
You have time for long story.

They have been given over to a reprobate mind while some are demonically possessed. Fact

Don't bother arguing. Instead ask God to open their eyes

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Ishilove: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

Don't blame meet o.
Just ask the American Psychological Association. That is their verdict.
grin
They are a bunch of ignorant fools. That's my verdict cheesy
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
fantasticshaw:
Your god is much more r€tard than I thought,you know why,He's able to ascertain and measure his children faith in him!!! That sh1t is crazy,hold up,if you had to get knowledge from a fellow man,what's the essence of getting a degree? When you can learn off everybody around you,Makes sense!
Lol your dummy god makes the sun over shine and turning up the uvray to the highest degree making the Caucasians get skin burn and eventually get cancer but he created them like that,but bros think na,that your dog must be stooooopidddd ooooopppsss I mean god.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
SonOfEl:

you even have time to go this far with the dude. the atheist is like a school bully, suffering from inferiority complex but using to get at others.
Guess have bullied you mentally,what do you think would make you sleep for long to recuperate,Anesthesia or comatoes?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by plaetton: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
SonOfEl:

atheist can never confront Moslems, of course why wouldn't they be afraid of radicals?...imagine the cowardice... at the end, Christianity continues to thrive...

as if Islam is not a religion..... face them too coward, and stop your double standard approach.

I have both christian and Moslem close friends and business associates.
The difference is very clear.

1. A Moslem has never preached to me. They are more concerned with how well they live their lives as true Moslems than being concerned about what I believe.
2. A Moslem is 100 times more knowledgeable about his religion than an average christian is about christainity.
3. There are hardly any ambiguities in islamic scriptures. Christians don't even know who wrote their scriptures, talkless of understanding them.
4. Christian faith is mainly anchored on money and fraud. Islam is more charitable.
5. There are less claims of miracles and supernatural nonsense in Islam than in christianity.
6. Every Moslem that I deal with is more honest than the christians I deal with.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
No,Human never hate by default,human mind is in a state of tabularaza(clean slated) it is as a result of values and norms that people love and hate....For instance, A new born baby can't hate you cus he has nothing on his mind about you but upon the value of culture he grows in,he gets ethnocentric to see his culture as the best and tends to hate you and your culture,same thing applies to religion,I was once a christian but now I can't help but be irreligious prior to my constant studies and new discoveries and here's is the funny part,the same way christians feels pity for people such as myself is the same way we atheists also feel pity for christians or any other religious group.

You can't use a baby in this assertion. I'm talking about acts like killing, which is not as a result of how or where you were brought up.

Have you ever wondered why there're laws? If humans actually knew what's wrong from what's right; they wouldn't be a need for laws in countries because we could all discern what's wrong from what's right. And still, those laws varies from country to country because what you consider right here might be wrong else where.

Wrong is what we would do as humans if left on our own
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
Your god is much more r€tard than I thought,you know why,He's able to ascertain and measure his children faith in him!!! That sh1t is crazy,hold up,if you had to get knowledge from a fellow man,what's the essence of getting a degree? When you can learn off everybody around you,Makes sense!
Lol your dummy god makes the sun over shine and turning up the uvray to the highest degree making the Caucasians get skin burn and eventually get cancer but he created them like that,but bros think na,that your dog must be stooooopidddd ooooopppsss I mean god.

May God help your disturbed soul.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thoniameek:

You can't use a baby in this assertion. I'm talking about acts like killing, which is not as a result of how or where you were brought up.

Have you ever wondered why there're laws? If humans actually knew what's wrong from what's right; they wouldn't be a need for laws in countries because we could all discern what's wrong from what's right. And still, those laws varies from country to country because what you consider right here might be wrong else where.

Wrong is what we would do as humans if left on our own
No! Wrong is what you do to inflict pain to the girl next door and a way of infringing on other peoples liberty.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
SonOfEl:

your insecurity amongst a religion dominated world is obvious as you always attack theism. your hate and insecurity is legendary...I'll keep praying for you....
Get this straight,I don't hate on your god cus he doesn't exist,I'm only hating on your ignorance.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
SonOfEl:

May God help your disturbed soul.
and your god would be more dummy that I use to think he is,if he answer this your prayer.....hold up a min,you actually praying to thin air cus you dog isn't there,I mean god cus you prolly might own a dog in your house.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by dialfa: 3:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Buho:
as an atheist i want you to give me a scientific explanation on how human came into existence and please dont tell me you believe in the homosappien or homoerectus stuff.

doG did it
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

I have both christian and Moslem close friends and business associates.
The difference is very clear.

1. A Moslem has never preached to me. They are more concerned with how well they live their lives as true Moslems than being concerned about what I believe.
2. A Moslem is 100 times more knowledgeable about his religion than an average christian is about christainity.
3. There are hardly any ambiguities in islamic scriptures. Christians don't even know who wrote their scriptures, talkless of understanding them.
4. Christian faith is mainly anchored on money and fraud. Islam is more charitable.
5. There are less claims of miracles and supernatural nonsense in Islam than in christianity.
6. Every Moslem that I deal with is more honest than the christians I deal with.

interesting..... so because of what one or more 'Christians' did to you, you transfer your aggression on others? logical indeed.

Moslems not preaching to you does not mean they don't preach to others.....your self centeredness is appalling.

so your christian FRIENDS' faith is anchored on money and fraud....wow, I wish your 'FRIENDS' would hear what you think about them.....keep deceiving your life.

Moslems convert to Christianity on a regular basis, and they share their experiences and reasons on why they left Christianity. My pastor is a northerner. he was a military Muslim before converting to Christ.

if you knew Jesus, you won't spew your trash. Jesus is revered in Islam and Christianity, and a few other religions. this same Jesus is the founder of christianity. if only you studied the scripture properly, your ignorance shall be cured.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
Get this straight,I don't hate on your god cus he doesn't exist,I'm only hating on your ignorance.

keep deceiving yourself....leave my 'ignorance' and 'skydaddy' alone.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
and your god would be more dummy that I use to think he is,if he answer this your prayer.....hold up a min,you actually praying to thin air cus you dog isn't there,I mean god cus you prolly might own a dog in your house.

don't worry dude, I will still pray to God for you okay? I know you are disturbed....
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
Guess have bullied you mentally,what do you think would make you sleep for long to recuperate,Anesthesia or comatoes?

your rants are kinda cute but obviously stupid and yes, 'civilized'...
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
aaronson:
No! Wrong is what you do to inflict pain to the girl next door and a way of infringing on other peoples liberty.

With all that IQ I thought you would keep an open mind

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by plaetton: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
SonOfEl:

interesting..... so because of what one or more 'Christians' did to you, you transfer your aggression on others? logical indeed.

Moslems not preaching to you does not mean they don't preach to others.....your self centeredness is appalling.

so your christian FRIENDS' faith is anchored on money and fraud....wow, I wish your 'FRIENDS' would hear what you think about them.....keep deceiving your life.

Moslems convert to Christianity on a regular basis, and they share their experiences and reasons on why they left Christianity. My pastor is a northerner. he was a military Muslim before converting to Christ.

if you knew Jesus, you won't spew your trash. Jesus is revered in Islam and Christianity, and a few other religions. this same Jesus is the founder of christianity. if only you studied the scripture properly, your ignorance shall be cured.

See how lack of comprehension skills and ignorance shapes your worldview?

Jesus is the founder of christianity?
Laughing out loud.

You have just made my case for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Annunaki, Parisbookaddict...on Sunni And Shiit Islam / Thought Provoking Questions For Atheist. / Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.