Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) (10267 Views)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
I just Re-Read and I can't possibly figure out the aspect wrong you referring,but you said homicide,homicide universally is crime to humanity in human race,This particular crime don't vary from country to country cus taking another person's life is tantamount to taking of your own life or life imprisonment.
Juxtaposing wrong from country law is alien to one who keep up with morality all day because morality is doing right at all times and law is there to protect the right of every citizen in the land of a given territory.

The bible gave account of god instructing people to killing on his behalf and he's also gonna kill me if I don't worship him,what type of god is that who takes pleasure in killing?

My simple point, is by default humans do what's wrong, you don't have to teach them. But you do have to teach them what's right.

A child growing up most of the time does the wrong things, and that's why they need proper teachings. Have you asked yourself why we don't grow up doing the right things? Or why we don't feel comfortable when confronted with the right way?

When another human gravely offends the law(s) of humans - they take your life. They either put you in prison or literally take your life...... What say you about God again?

If God really was forcing you to believe in Him or die, you certainly wouldn't be an atheist right now. He's not a tyrant as you guys want Him to be, and definitely doesn't think as we think or the way we want him to think.

If God thought the way we wanted, he would've a confused personality. Because individually, there's a way we all want God to think and act - including you, who claims he doesn't exist.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2015
bxcode:

Morning bro, how are you doing today?
I have read your post over again and I see your point but try and re-read mine too especially towards the end so that the question I asked can be answered. Your theory of origin of the earth from what you said first of all can be seen as full of uncertainty and assumptions and not facts as you paint it to be, jettisoning that and assuming that you are right, the bible then has always had it right for 2500 years while science had it wrong because it's the same science that went ahead to agree with Aristotle on what he postulated, I ask again sir how do you reconcile that? What happened along the line of science that made it contradict itself? Let's leave future research out of it for now because if we go into that, I can give you millions of reasons why there is God based on discoveries and our inability to know everything at once with our mere peanut brain.
My night was short,Trust yours was good?

Right,I tried to be democratic enough not draw no conclusion on my big bang theory or your bible creation story,what I simply did, was to let you know the one I adopt to go by same way you adopted creation from the bible,its wrong to draw conclusion on mine by saying its based on assumptions and uncertainties.

Secondly,you can't come up on here and tell me point blank that science approved of creation and aristotle's school of thought, In the science world,hypotheses are tested by random scientists so you can't be so sure about science when your claims isn't a theory.

Theories are the end product of claims in the sciences which are objective, however,it is In great contrast with your logical opinion which is subjective. Yes,from your logical perspective science agrees with religion but that's to your own understanding of the sciences but as me, Science is way ahead of religion and repels from bible stories,its based on the knowledge about what I know about science and knowledge about what you know about science,that's just the difference between you and me.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 31, 2015
Thoniameek:

My simple point, is by default humans do what's wrong, you don't have to teach them. But you do have to teach them what's right.

A child growing up most of the time does the wrong things, and that's why they need proper teachings. Have you asked yourself why we don't grow up doing the right things? Or why we don't feel comfortable when confronted with the right way?

When another human gravely offends the law(s) of humans - they take your life. They either put you in prison or literally take your life...... What say you about God again?

If God really was forcing you to believe in Him or die, you certainly wouldn't be an atheist right now. He's not a tyrant as you guys want Him to be, and definitely doesn't think as we think or the way we want him to think.

If God thought the way we wanted, he would've a confused personality. Because individually, there's a way we all want God to think and act - including you, who claims he doesn't exist.
Sure I totally agree with you,human by default tends to do whatever because they don't know right from wrong,that's why you being socialized to be given a sense of direction,morality and a sense of belonging. "Sigmund Freud" also said something like this when he talked about the conditioning of human mind. Yes,the process of correcting the child from wrong is still the same purpose which norms and law are stated,the child however grows up to abide by it.

Secondly,True,god can't force me to worship him for reason best known to me and not because he isn't a tyrant but rather,he's non existent. However,I can't bring myself to accept the fact that i want a god to think towards my predetermined mental direction,that would be alien of me to do but I tell you what,christians are the once who tryna make god change his mind on their situation through a process called prayer.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
Anybody who reads your post would laugh so hard like comedy central,how do you expect proof from atheist when the burden of proof rest on christianity,this has gone a long way to highlightening the dept of your ignorance and gullibility.

oh so the burden of proof is no longer for science to bear? prove that there is no GOD by explaining the origin of matter..... God help you.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by SonOfEl(m): 9:17am On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
Sure I totally agree with you,human by default tends to do whatever because they don't know right from wrong,that's why you being socialized to be given a sense of direction,morality and a sense of belonging. "Sigmund Freud" also said something like this when he talked about the conditioning of human mind. Yes,the process of correcting the child from wrong is still the same purpose which norms and law are stated,the child however grows up to abide by it.

Secondly,True,god can't force me to worship him for reason best known to me and not because he isn't a tyrant but rather,he's non existent. However,I can't bring myself to accept the fact that i want a god to think towards my predetermined mental direction,that would be alien of me to do but I tell you what,christians are the once who tryna make god change his mind on their situation through a process called prayer.

keep living in denial.....
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
Okay if you say so,then next tine you fall ill please don't go to the hospital because those drugs and injections are works and evidence of researches you claim are not original Instead sit at home with the illness and wait on god....You also fall under category No1.
even Africans without science healed themselves
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 9:31am On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:

I don't know what to say to you I just can't type I wish I could meet you face to face
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
I don't know what to say to you I just can't type I wish I could meet you face to face
lol I just viewed your location,it reads Edo state,coincidentally,I'm in UNIBEN but I stay off campus so if you would wanna see me,pick a time and let's meet up at a popular eatery around ugbowo.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
even Africans without science healed themselves

And even god don't know this because africans utilizes mother nature grown leaves into medicinal herbs,so how does god come in?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
SonOfEl:

keep living in denial.....
And keep living in mental slavery and exorcism
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
And even god don't know this because africans utilizes mother nature grown leaves into medicinal herbs,so how does god come in?
the herbs were created by God
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
And keep living in mental slavery and exorcism
you can say anything about Christianity but you can't call it mental slavery people are living prosperously in it well except the over religious
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
SonOfEl:

oh so the burden of proof is no longer for science to bear? prove that there is no GOD by explaining the origin of matter..... God help you.

This dude,you really gullible than thought,okay let me school you on this one.
Matter is anything that has weight and occupy spaces,matter could be in 3 different types such as Solid,Liquid and Gas.
Now,To proof matter to you:- The phone you are holding and reading this from is a typical example of matter.
This lecture ends now until next mention from you,however,the next time you mentioning me,ensure you have a pen and notepad to take note of our new lecture.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
you can say anything about Christianity but you can't call it mental slavery people are living prosperously in it well except the over religious
Prosperously to build universities majority of church members can't afford,Prosperously to buy private jet I guess,Well,god/religion is a place holder for people who lack the courage to say I don't know and it is mental slavery to people whose mind is as narrow as the righteous path.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
the herbs were created by God
Logically,the sickness the herb is been used to cure was also created by god since he happen to create everything, now,what type of god creates imperfection?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
Prosperously to build universities majority of church members can't afford,Prosperously to buy private jet I guess,Well,god/religion is a place holder for people who lack the courage to say I don't know and it is mental slavery to people whose mind is as narrow as the righteous path.
when I mean prosperously am not talking about the church or the pastor am talking about the individual Christians a mental slavery I agree based on the type of Christians that serve their pastors
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
Logically,the sickness the herb is been used to cure was also created by god since he happen to create everything, now,what type of god creates imperfection?
disease and sorrow and poverty and all disasters of life something that God wants to deliver man from now your next question will be since he is God why did he allow all these then you must have heard of the fall of man or the devil see don't see God as a tyrant don't let people scare with hell talk just give God a try then you know that God is love he does not want to be perfect because you can not you are not capable of perfection he just want you to accept him and see his love shape your destiny
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
when I mean prosperously am not talking about the church or the pastor am talking about the individual Christians a mental slavery I agree based on the type of Christians that serve their pastors
oh! Tell me something I don't know,so some christians serve their pastor(s) and some other christians serves god,cool, sound legit and also sounds mental slavery.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
oh! Tell me something I don't know,so some christians serve their pastor(s) and some other christians serves god,cool, sound legit and also sounds mental slavery.
funny really funny what I mearnt is that being a Christian is an individual stuff not through the pastor
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
disease and sorrow and poverty and all disasters of life something that God wants to deliver man from now your next question will be since he is God why did he allow all these then you must have heard of the fall of man or the devil see don't see God as a tyrant don't let people scare with hell talk just give God a try then you know that God is love he does not want to be perfect because you can not you are not capable of perfection he just want you to accept him and see his love shape your destiny
okay,god is love and the definition of love to your god is sickness and disaster he created and sends his children,sounds legit.
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
funny really funny what I mearnt is that being a Christian is an individual stuff not through the pastor
So ruling your pastor out of the picture would also make ask the question of who preaches god to you in church, who do your pay your offering to, and who stands as the link between the individual and god?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
okay,god is love and the definition of love to your god is sickness and disaster he created and sends his children,sounds l egit.
let me clear this up the devil is not a myth he causes large percent of all man's woes but man also causes problems for himself the bible says the heart of men is continually wicked sickness was not created by God he created man in perfect heath but when Adam made made a pact with Satan things became this way but God who so loves the world sent his only son to die for our sakes that we may be free
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
let me clear this up the devil is not a myth he causes large percent of all man's woes but man also causes problems for himself the bible says the heart of men is continually wicked sickness was not created by God he created man in perfect heath but when Adam made made a pact with Satan things became this way but God who so loves the world sent his only son to die for our sakes that we may be free
But don't you think you story is funny when a all knowing god never foresaw satan he created would wanna turn against him.
Question 2,How did you fiqure man created problems for himself and man didn't also create the problem called god?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
So ruling your pastor out of the picture would also make ask the question of who preaches god to you in church, who do your pay your offering to, and who stands as the link between the individual and god?
answer line between God and individual is the holy spirit as a dude this may sound creepy but the truth that when Jesus left this earth he said that he would send the great comforter to help in our Christian race see you can not serve God on your own believing some books there is a spiritual part I know this sound creepy but I was once a dude when I received the holy spirit in a service I felt joy and I understood what it means to be a Christian I was very confident because I knew I was not following some book instruction there was supernatural in it .The pastor is the leader of the congregation every gathering needs an instructor a director that does not make him the owner or that God values him more than you he preaches to the church becus everyone needs constant studying of the world of God and he also help the newly converted members understand the bible .then offerings and Church money belongs to church account they are used for church peoples like building facilities helping the needy Paul who was the greatest preacher earn for his personal needs but Nigerian pastors feast on the church
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
But don't you think you story is funny when a all knowing god never foresaw satan he created would wanna turn against him.
Question 2,How did you fiqure man created problems for himself and man didn't also create the problem called god?
the was driven from heaven because he wanted to be about God the servant about the master then he came to earth lure man into sin as you know everyone has freewill to do what he wants man can act the way he deems fit we are not robot if you don't serve God he will not force you so eve fell for his trick and so has billions of her descendants man create problem for himself we live in a world were people wants to love things and use people there is wickedness everywhere God is the problem pls explain
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
the was driven from heaven because he wanted to be about God the servant about the master then he came to earth lure man into sin as you know everyone has freewill to do what he wants man can act the way he deems fit we are not robot if you don't serve God he will not force you so eve fell for his trick and so has billions of her descendants man create problem for himself we live in a world were people wants to love things and use people there is wickedness everywhere God is the problem pls explain
I know satan was casted down from heave lol,who doesn't know those fairytales......what I was asking is how come your all knowing god never knew satan he created was going to turn against him?

Here's the second question again.
You said man cursed his own problems for himself and me I'm tryna ask you,why do you think man also didn't create the problem called god?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
answer line between God and individual is the holy spirit as a dude this may sound creepy but the truth that when Jesus left this earth he said that he would send the great comforter to help in our Christian race see you can not serve God on your own believing some books there is a spiritual part I know this sound creepy but I was once a dude when I received the holy spirit in a service I felt joy and I understood what it means to be a Christian I was very confident because I knew I was not following some book instruction there was supernatural in it .The pastor is the leader of the congregation every gathering needs an instructor a director that does not make him the owner or that God values him more than you he preaches to the church becus everyone needs constant studying of the world of God and he also help the newly converted members understand the bible .then offerings and Church money belongs to church account they are used for church peoples like building facilities helping the needy Paul who was the greatest preacher earn for his personal needs but Nigerian pastors feast on the church
Wonderful,tell me something,so you mean Nigeria pastors are scam and majority keeps falling for it because majority are gullibly mental slaved to see the truth,hmmm sounds interesting,doesn't it?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
I know satan was casted down from heave lol,who doesn't know those fairytales......what I was asking is how come your all knowing god never knew satan he created was going to turn against him?

Here's the second question again.
You said man cursed his own problems for himself and me I'm tryna ask you,why do you think man also didn't create the problem called god?
then I ask you how is God the problem then I tell you Satan is an immortal created along billions he was faithful at first and God knew when he became evil when he was becoming evil but God didn't caution him when he was still in heaven then he gain gangs Michael fought with him and defeated him even then God didn't say a world for reasons best known to then being jealous of God fondness of mankind he knew of our freewill then he came to spoil the honey mood
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
Wonderful,tell me something,so you mean Nigeria pastors are scam and majority keeps falling for it because majority are gullibly mental slaved to see the truth,hmmm sounds interesting,doesn't it?
yes
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
then I ask you how is God the problem then I tell you Satan is an immortal created along billions he was faithful at first and God knew when he became evil when he was becoming evil but God didn't caution him when he was still in heaven then he gain gangs Michael fought with him and defeated him even then God didn't say a world for reasons best known to then being jealous of God fondness of mankind he knew of our freewill then he came to spoil the honey mood
so how come satan is an immortal created along billions when christianity is just 2000years old?

How come satan is immortal but you christains pray to kill him?
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by erusen: 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
aaronson:
so how come satan is an immortal created along billions when christianity is just 2000years old?

How come satan is immortal but you christains pray to kill him?
have you ever heard kill Satan in the bible . bound the devil resist him rebuke him those are the words that are in the bible pls those guys are just being funny
Re: 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
erusen:
have you ever heard kill Satan in the bible . bound the devil resist him rebuke him those are the words that are in the bible pls those guys are just being funny
If you think some of your co-worshipers are acting funny with their mode of worship,don't you think god,religion,heaven,hell and all those bullsh1t are funny too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: / Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church / Thought Provoking Questions For Atheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.