Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? (977 Views)

Lady Reveals What Policeman Told Her After Reporting About Her Stolen Iphone. / Customs Hands Over 2 Stolen Range Rover Sports To Interpol / Interpol Arrests £45m Scammer In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by toludadon(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2015
I have a business partner in the United States who I have been dealing with for a while, but along the line, the guy has breached our agreement despite having my money with him.
He no longer picks his calls and sends text messages occasionally thinking there is no way I'll get him since I'm in Nigeria here.
My question is now that which way is the best to deal with him?
Should I get INTERPOL involved or I should just report to the American embassy here in Nigeria?
Note: the guy in question is also a Nigerian and all entreaties through his family members are not yielding results as he has stopped picking calls from his family members that are in the knowing of the transaction.
Please you can also suggest how to go about making a report at the INTERPOL office as well as American embassy.

Please help a brother
Cc: lalasticlala, help push to where ideas will be gathered, thanks
Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by Kieldgreat: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
toludadon:
I have a business partner in the United States who I have been dealing with for a while, but along the line, the guy has breached our agreement despite having my money with him.
He no longer picks his calls and sends text messages occasionally thinking there is no way I'll get him since I'm in Nigeria here.
My question is now that which way is the best to deal with him?
Should I get INTERPOL involved or I should just report to the American embassy here in Nigeria?
Note: the guy in question is also a Nigerian and all entreaties through his family members are not yielding results as he has stopped picking calls from his family members that are in the knowing of the transaction.
Please you can also suggest how to go about making a report at the INTERPOL office as well as American embassy.

Please help a brother
Cc: lalasticlala, help push to where ideas will be gathered, thanks

Go to the US embassy and open up a case file on the matter. Go with as much evidence as you can gather. Bank transfer docs, email communications, phone logs, et.c

If you know th city he lives in th US, you can pull up the city council police in that area and do them a formal report with all documents. You can also refer to the case file you've opened already at the embassy and ask they investigate. It would take time, but not as much as it takes in Nigeria (lol). If you have a strong case against him with supporting evidence, you would have him looking all over the place for you to close it up.

I think they would be interested in your issue cos the crime now is in the reverse. One of theirs duping one of ours.

The world is a small town now. You can create his hell here on earth. That's if you guys business is legal in the first place.

And if he actually intends to dupe you, then I'd bet he doesn't have a clean record.

So many places to report him, the US dept of justice, fbi, the attorney general office, interpol like you said et.c all on mail and phone calls. Use the Internet bro.

You could want to put oadegbite@efccnigeria.com in all your correspondence.

Hope it helps.
Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by toludadon(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kieldgreat:

Go to the US embassy and open up a case file on the matter. Go with as much evidence as you can gather. Bank transfer docs, email communications, phone logs, et.c

If you know th city he lives in th US, you can pull up the city council police in that area and do them a formal report with all documents. You can also refer to the case file you've opened already at the embassy and ask they investigate. It would take time, but not as much as it takes in Nigeria (lol). If you have a strong case against him with supporting evidence, you would have him looking all over the place for you to close it up.

I think they would be interested in your issue cos the crime now is in the reverse. One of theirs duping one of ours.

The world is a small town now. You can create his hell here on earth. That's if you guys business is legal in the first place.

And if he actually intends to dupe you, then I'd bet he doesn't have a clean record.

So many places to report him, the US dept of justice, fbi, the attorney general office, interpol like you said et.c all on mail and phone calls. Use the Internet bro.

Hope it helps.

I am very grateful for this your head on.. I have a very strong evidence against him and he lives on New Jersey though he has changed apartments from the one he used to live but he is still in the same state, pls is there a way I can contact you directly?
Thanks
Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by toludadon(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kieldgreat:

Hope it helps.

Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by Kieldgreat: 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
toludadon:

I am very grateful for this your head on.. I have a very strong evidence against him and he lives on New Jersey though he has changed apartments from the one he used to live but he is still in the same state, pls is there a way I can contact you directly?
Thanks

Bro,
It's a pity I can't be contacted directly if I get what you mean. I'd do my best to reply to any enquiry you have I this thread.

New Jersey is a state. It would be a lot easy to narrow his whereabouts to the city in NJ.

I maybe wrong, but it seems you guys are in the car import biz thing this one he stays in NJ. If he uses the port there often to send stuffs, then you can track him down easily with the port's website and the name (personal or Company) he uses to do the exports.

Check the port in NJ website and see what you can get from there. They should have a database of those who transact business through there. It's either you can call it up or send an enquiry to a contact us email address.
Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by toludadon(m): 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kieldgreat:

Bro,
It's a pity I can't be contacted directly if I get what you mean. I'd do my best to reply to any enquiry you have I this thread.

New Jersey is a state. It would be a lot easy to narrow his whereabouts to the city in NJ.

I maybe wrong, but it seems you guys are in the car import biz thing this one he stays in NJ. If he uses the port there often to send stuffs, then you can track him down easily with the port's website and the name (personal or Company) he uses to do the exports.

Check the port in NJ website and see what you can get from there. They should have a database of those who transact business through there. It's either you can call it up or send an enquiry to a contact us email address.

You are right about the nature of the business. I don't think he ships by himself.. He does it through some people he always referred to as shippers, though I don't know how much the claim is true.
Getting his residence will not be too hard, I have another person he swindled that just came back from the states and made an attempt to report him, he said he had already paid the charges of $250 requested by the police over there before the guy started sending emissaries to him not to report.
And also, I have his house's land phone because I have spoken to his wife times without number.
Please I'll like to know the documents I'll be needing to make a formal case at the American embassy.
Thanks
Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by Kieldgreat: 12:07am On Aug 31, 2015
toludadon:

You are right about the nature of the business. I don't think he ships by himself.. He does it through some people he always referred to as shippers, though I don't know how much the claim is true.
Getting his residence will not be too hard, I have another person he swindled that just came back from the states and made an attempt to report him, he said he had already paid the charges of $250 requested by the police over there before the guy started sending emissaries to him not to report.
And also, I have his house's land phone because I have spoken to his wife times without number.
Please I'll like to know the documents I'll be needing to make a formal case at the American embassy.
Thanks

@Toludadon

Let me ask you something, how badly do you want this guy? You want him to pay you back all he has swindled you without implicating him or you want to let all hell loose on him not minding if you'd get your money back but he would be brought to justice?! I smell a strong case here and you'd have others he has swindled to corroborate your case.

I can help you achieve any of these but you need to decide what you want.

Don't be in a hurry to answer. Take your time, think as a business man, as a Nigerian and as a citizen of the world. Weigh your options and then reply. Either way, you'd have to put in your time to achieve any of this. I'd act like a guide and if you follow my lead, without fear or favour, you'd achieve this.

Also if none of the above interests you, you can as well report the case to the local police in Nigeria..lol..and wait till you know he is in country then you can have him arrested. But remember, justice in Nigeria is to the highest bidder.

As for the questions you asked, I would answer them when you reply the above enquiries.

NB: if you are going to pursue this case and would need me to guide you, you must make sure you are clean. When I say clean, I mean very clean. Because I'd expect him to fight back and he would do vigorously if he knows you have a skeleton in your cupboard too. The Justice you seek is a strange one. Alien to whatever you've ever known as justice before now.
Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by toludadon(m): 6:18am On Aug 31, 2015
Kieldgreat:

@Toludadon

Let me ask you something, how badly do you want this guy? You want him to pay you back all he has swindled you without implicating him or you want to let all hell loose on him not minding if you'd get your money back but he would be brought to justice?! I smell a strong case here and you'd have others he has swindled to corroborate your case.

I can help you achieve any of these but you need to decide what you want.

Don't be in a hurry to answer. Take your time, think as a business man, as a Nigerian and as a citizen of the world. Weigh your options and then reply. Either way, you'd have to put in your time to achieve any of this. I'd act like a guide and if you follow my lead, without fear or favour, you'd achieve this.

Also if none of the above interests you, you can as well report the case to the local police in Nigeria..lol..and wait till you know he is in country then you can have him arrested. But remember, justice in Nigeria is to the highest bidder.

As for the questions you asked, I would answer them when you reply the above enquiries.

NB: if you are going to pursue this case and would need me to guide you, you must make sure you are clean. When I say clean, I mean very clean. Because I'd expect him to fight back and he would do vigorously if he knows you have a skeleton in your cupboard too. The Justice you seek is a strange one. Alien to whatever you've ever known as justice before now.

Sir, we are talking about a recalcitrant guy that has been evasive for over a year, he stopped picking his calls and only sends SMS whenever he feels like with very irrelevant responses like he had high BP or he was on medication. If he gets into trouble, then he'll learn his lessons that it's not everybody you attempt to swindle.. I don't care if he gets into trouble, all I want is my sweat.. I have no shady dealings or any skeleton in my cupboard with him

But as you said the Nigerianess in me would think that if I can get my money without putting him into problems, then it'll be fine by me but if it's getting him into problems that will fetch me my money, so be it.
Re: Is Reporting To INTERPOL The Best? by Ddonoflife(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2015
Hmmh

(1) (Reply)

See What A Mother Did To Her Son In Ikorodu,Lagos 4 Failing 2 Wash Plates(Pics) / My Baby Boy Tribal Mark, Its Our Tradition O / Kidnappers Failed Operations In Calabar (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.