Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. (2588 Views)

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding / Thunder Kills Malawian Lovers Aged 12 & 16 As They Die In Each Other's Arms / Ladies..can You Marry A Man Who Insists On No Make Ups?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by mowah: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Standing side by side, twins Logan and Alfie Symonds couldn’t look more different. While four-year-old Alfie loves dinosaurs, fire engines and cars, Logan prefers sparkly dresses, wands and Frozen’s Princess Elsa. But what makes their differences all the more striking is that these two are brothers. While Logan was born a boy, he is so sure he is a girl that mum Emma has taken the incredible step of letting him live as one. For the past 16 months he has been wearing girl’s shoes and dresses. He even has his nails painted his favourite colour – pink. It’s not a decision Emma, 33, took lightly. She said: “At first I was a bit unsure. When he first started saying he was a girl I thought it was just a phase. But he’s never grown out of it. “It’s still hard to get my head around the fact my son wants to be a girl. But it’s part of our ­ everyday life now. “There is no explanation for him. Logan is just Logan.” In fact his love of girly things has taken over their home in Gloucester. “When I found out I was having twin boys I thought my pink days were over, but it’s gone to the extreme where everything in the house is pink,” says single mum Emma, holding up a pair of pink pyjamas. “I bet you can guess whose these are.” As she talks, her four children – Daisy, 10, Charlie, five, plus Alfie and Logan – are eating dinner. Aware he is being talked about, Logan runs over in his black patent ballet shoes and High School Musical dress, starts to dance and says: “I’m not a boy.” Emma laughs: “You can’t call him a boy. A woman said to me the other day, ‘What lovely boys you have’ and Logan piped up saying, ‘I’m not a boy, I’m a girl’.” From the moment they were born in April 2011 Emma says the non-identical twins were completely different. “As babies they always had different ­ temperaments. Alfie was more chilled and laid back while Logan was always highly strung. He was very, ‘I’m here, look at me.’” They also preferred different toys. Although, when Logan first reached for the dolls, Emma didn’t think too much of it. “I have a little girl so I thought Logan was just playing with whatever was there.” It wasn’t until he was 18 months that Emma realised it might be more serious. “I’d always dressed them in matching boys’ clothes, like people do with twins. But one day Logan said, “I’m a girl, Mummy, not a boy.” Shocked, Emma didn’t know what to do and carried on dressing the twins alike. But then Logan’s behaviour changed. “He became really aggressive and angry. He would lash out whenever I made him wear boy’s clothes. “If you were stood at the top of the stairs he would push you. He would throw a plate at you. He used to get really angry and throw chairs.” At first Emma didn’t connect the issues. “I put all his anger down to some under­ lying behavioural issue. “Even when he was saying things like, ‘I’m a girl,’ or ‘I want my willy to fall off,’ I thought it was a phase. “I was like, ‘You’re a boy, you’re a boy, you’re a boy.’ But then I eventually stopped fighting him over it and he calmed down.” When Emma bought Logan a pair of ballet shoes his behaviour improved and she gradually bought him more girl’s clothes to wear around the house. She recalls: “Even a small thing like getting Logan to put his pyjamas on had always been a fight. But once they were girly ones, it all changed.” At first Emma stopped short of letting him leave the house as a girl. She says: “But the first thing he would do at nursery is run to the dressing up box and put a Snow White dress on.” Finally, in May last year, she relented. “I said fine, if that’s what he wants, let’s see what happens. The first time he went out in a dress he did get funny looks. But I think I noticed them more than Logan. He just walked around proud as anything. He doesn’t care what people say or if they look at him funny.” Emma says: “They still sleep in the same bed, you can’t separate them. They are so close, but complete opposites.” For their fourth birthday in April, Emma made Logan a Frozen dress and Alfie wore a Spider- Man costume.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by pass111(m): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
Children of Nowadays
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by faithugo64(f): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
I pray he doesn't end up being gay,na so e dey start

little boy,you are so lucky,if your mum is a Nigerian,your own don finish be that oh,the kind beating wey you go receive eh go make you forget the words'' I'm a girl''

9 Likes

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by anelta(f): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
She couldn't stop her four yr son from misbehaving she relented...he would throw chairs when angry at his age..okay come try it with me ...

Gay child

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Khd95(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
I can c another Bruce turned Kaitlyn Jenner lipsrsealed
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Emmyk(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
You couldn't beat that girl outta him undecided

Eti sheshe yayaya bi ghele omo Olo oku. Hope I got that right. grin

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by missmary(f): 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
undecided[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by missmary(f): 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
undecided cool When konji catch am.. The girl stuff go stop but throwing chairs at age four i did worse but i still got the trashing... America has died since they stopped spanking kids angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by vague: 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
faithugo64:
I pray he doesn't end up being gay,na so e dey start

too late

1 Like

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
Trust african mothers, at that age they will beat that demon out of him, maybe when he grows, he cud be repossessed........thats how the rubbish starts.

See him misbehaving and him mama they open mouth de laff de tell stories. The west and too much freedom.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by passionate88: 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Transgender in the making
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Pidggin(f): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
He looks like a typical boy, why indulge him I wonder. Instead of seeking help from a psychiatrist she is buying him girl things. Some women are so annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Whisk(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
Something called freedom is sometimes misleading.
mowah:
Standing side by side, twins Logan and Alfie
Symonds couldn’t look more different.
While four-year-old Alfie loves dinosaurs, fire
engines and cars, Logan prefers sparkly dresses,
wands and Frozen’s Princess Elsa.
But what makes their differences all the more
striking is that these two are brothers. While
Logan was born a boy, he is so sure he is a girl
that mum Emma has taken the incredible step of
letting him live as one.
For the past 16 months he has been wearing
girl’s shoes and dresses. He even has his nails
painted his favourite colour – pink.
It’s not a decision Emma, 33, took lightly.
She said: “At first I was a bit unsure. When he
first started saying he was a girl I thought it was
just a phase. But he’s never grown out of it.
“It’s still hard to get my head around the fact my
son wants to be a girl. But it’s part of our ­
everyday life now.
“There is no explanation for him. Logan is
just Logan.”
In fact his love of girly things has taken over
their home in Gloucester.
“When I found out I was having twin boys I
thought my pink days were over, but it’s
gone to the extreme where everything in
the house is pink,” says single mum
Emma, holding up a pair of pink pyjamas.
“I bet you can guess whose these are.”
As she talks, her four children – Daisy, 10,
Charlie, five, plus Alfie and Logan – are eating
dinner.
Aware he is being talked about, Logan runs over
in his black patent ballet shoes and High School
Musical dress, starts to dance and says: “I’m not
a boy.”
Emma laughs: “You can’t call him a boy. A
woman said to me the other day, ‘What lovely
boys you have’ and Logan piped up saying, ‘I’m
not a boy, I’m a girl’.”
From the moment they were born in April 2011
Emma says the non-identical twins were
completely different.
“As babies they always had different ­
temperaments. Alfie was more chilled and laid
back while Logan was always highly strung. He
was very, ‘I’m here, look at me.’”
They also preferred different toys. Although,
when Logan first reached for the dolls, Emma
didn’t think too much of it.
“I have a little girl so I thought Logan was
just playing with whatever was there.”
It wasn’t until he was 18 months that Emma
realised it might be more serious.
“I’d always dressed them in matching boys’
clothes, like people do with twins. But one
day Logan said, “I’m a girl, Mummy, not a
boy.”
Shocked, Emma didn’t know what to do and
carried on dressing the twins alike. But then
Logan’s behaviour changed.
“He became really aggressive and angry.
He would lash out whenever I made him
wear boy’s clothes.
“If you were stood at the top of the stairs
he would push you. He would throw a plate
at you. He used to get really angry and
throw chairs.”
At first Emma didn’t connect the issues.
“I put all his anger down to some under­
lying behavioural issue.
“Even when he was saying things like, ‘I’m
a girl,’ or ‘I want my willy to fall off,’ I
thought it was a phase.
“I was like, ‘You’re a boy, you’re a boy,
you’re a boy.’ But then I eventually stopped
fighting him over it and he calmed down.”
When Emma bought Logan a pair of ballet shoes
his behaviour improved and she gradually bought
him more girl’s clothes to wear around the
house.
She recalls: “Even a small thing like getting
Logan to put his pyjamas on had always been a
fight. But once they were girly ones, it all
changed.”
At first Emma stopped short of letting him leave
the house as a girl.
She says: “But the first thing he would do at
nursery is run to the dressing up box and put a
Snow White dress on.”
Finally, in May last year, she relented.
“I said fine, if that’s what he wants, let’s
see what happens. The first time he went
out in a dress he did get funny looks. But I
think I noticed them more than Logan. He
just walked around proud as anything. He
doesn’t care what people say or if they
look at him funny.”
Emma says: “They still sleep in the same
bed, you can’t separate them. They are so close,
but complete opposites.”
For their fourth birthday in April, Emma made
Logan a Frozen dress and Alfie wore a Spider-
Man costume.
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
Na so e dey start...

Imagine if Obasanjo were born a woman... He'd be a garrulous old b1atch! Old and lousy olosho and Chief E. K. Clark would be her steady boyfriend.
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Masterclass32: 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Unadulterated falsehood. Wonder what some of these white folks have going on in their minds. undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by ogeoflyf(f): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmmm undecided
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by osifred(m): 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
Irresponsible parenting.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by handie(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
Na transgender surgery go shele last last for this case o
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Krasid(m): 12:47am On Aug 31, 2015
And the parents are allowing the rubbish.They even got him a dress.I trust African parents, one good beating and he would come back to his senses.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by fr3do(m): 7:11am On Aug 31, 2015
undecided does a child even understand the concept of sex and gender, that he will decide what gender he is or not.
The boy's parents have sowed confusion into the boy just for their radical ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by MzLaurel(f): 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
I tell you...white parent too dey dull.

If this pikin try this kain rubbish for Benin ehn....ah swear the mama for don beat the girl spirit comot for him body.

Imagine oo....the boy would like to marry one day cos he thinks he's a girl. Chai! Na to carry the pikin go do deliverance straight.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
MzLaurel:
I tell you...white parent too dey dull.

If this pikin try this kain rubbish for Benin ehn....ah swear the mama for don beat the girl spirit comot for him body.

Imagine oo....the boy would like to marry one day cos he thinks he's a girl. Chai! Na to carry the pikin go do deliverance straight.

True talk
Re: Meet The Twin Boy Aged Four Who Insists He Is A Girl And Not A Boy. by Mznaett: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
Lwkmdgrin
Isoorite

(1) (Reply)

7 Ultimate Bedroom Tips For Women Who Want To ‘keep’ Their Men / Ladiez And Their Wahala Pix / Should Yoruba Boys Be Studied As A Course In Higher Institutions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.