Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (472555 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
puleeease. feed me more

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by domido(m): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2015
Merry christmas to everyone reading this story.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Henry ushered Evelyn into the living room after turning on the light.  She walked in briskly and sank into the sofa before he joined her.

He walked past her and proceeded into the kitchen. He returned thirty seconds later with a bottled water and a glass cup. Kneeling beside her,  he poured the water into the cup and handed it to her. 

He stared at her exposed thighs in the mini gown as she gulped the water. He rebuked himself as he tried to return his mind back to the matter at hand after it had drifted to something else.

Evelyn returned an empty cup to him and relaxed back into the sofa. Henry got up and dropped the cup and bottle on the centre table before taking his seat beside.

'Are you okay Evelyn?  You seem to be destabilized since I mentioned "God" in the car." Henry begun,  with great concern heard in his voice.

Tarasha swallowed hard as she tried to frame up something. Except for the first outburst she made which even took her own self by surprise, the rest of the emotional trauma she had been performing were all acting to cover up the outburst.

She gave a scream when Henry talked about God's love, does that mean she still had some emotions in her. No, she thought. Her emotions had been killed, she was supposed to have no feelings.

Her scream at Henry's mention of God had been prompted by a bad memory that flashed back through her mind.

'Is there any problem? Talk to me, I can help you' Henry asked again when he got no reply.

***Flashback - 17 years ago ***

May 27, 2014.

'Happy birthday you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you Taraaa... Happy birthday to you'  little Omotara blushed as her family sang and danced around her joyfully. It was her eight birthday and the family was celebrating her in their usual manner of celebrating each other.

Omotara was blessed to have a very joyous and family. She was the only girl amongst the four boys, so she was somehow treated specially.

'How old are you now? How old are you now? How old are you now Taraa... How old are you now?' She beamed with smiles as they waited for her reply.

'I'm eight years old now, I'm eight years old now...' She sang back in response and as cheered by everyone.

'Now, you'll cut the cake at the mention
of the name JESUS'

'J..E...S...U...S. Jesus!' Everyone called as Tara slid the knife through the small cake. The family moved close to her and hugged her one after the other. After which they proceeded to the dining room.

After few minutes of enjoying the fried rice and chicken specially prepared by the mother of the house, Lydia, the family moved to the sitting room and settled down with their bottles of soft drinks. As their custom was, the celebrant, Omotara sat on the rug in the middle of the sitting room. She would be answering questions from every member of the family that had one for her after which they would answer her own questions and then she would wrap it off with a wish , which would be provided if possible immediately and prayed for together by the family if it was for the future.

'Aunty Tara' Joe, the youngest boy began. They usually begin in ascending order of their ages.

Everybody stared at the four year old boy wondering what he had to say. The boy became shy as he noticed that everybody's gaze was on him.

'I don't have any question' the four year old boy said in his babyish voice and quickly buried his face in his mother's lap.

Everybody's moved their gaze to Jerry who was sitting with his legs crossed, a small pillow was on his laps and his arms were resting on it.

'Ask your question' Tara sneered at Jerry who was delaying.

She and Jerry had always been like rivals. The young man who was just six always tried his best to bully his sister with his manpower, but Tara who was a girl with unusual strength refused to allow him ride her anytime he tried to, she always confronted him boldly.

The recent duel between them had been three days ago when their Dad had gotten "Puff puff" for them from work. Their parents had left them to share it amongst themselves while they proceeded to the room.

Tara did only rebuke Jerry for picking his portion before her, his elder sister and Jerry had aggravated the matter by rubbing his oily hand on her nose. She didn't take it lightly with him as she pushed him hard and he fell on the sofa. He dashed with speed towards her and before their older brothers could say anything, they were already rolling over each other on the floor, kicking and hitting themselves hard.

'Do you love me, Tara?' Jerry broke the silence with a question that surprised everyone.

'Yes, I love you Jerry. You're my brother' Omotara replied.

'When would you stop fighting me and respect me like a boy?' Jerry continued, with a serious look on his face.

'The day you start respecting me and treating me like your elder sister' Omotara answered again. Everybody turned their eyes to Jerry again, expecting the next question.

Their father spoke when he was sure there no other question was coming from Jerry. ' Jerry, you see... Tara is your elder sister and you have to start treating her with respect, if not even I , may have to start forcing you with my cane'

Jerry squeezed his mouth, he stared at his father's face for a while before getting up and walking towards Tara. He pecked her on the left cheek and apologised. 'I'm sorry'

'Good' everyone clapped and cheered as the two hugged each other.

On and on went questions and answers until it was the father's turn. He asked Tara what she would like to be in future and why?

Tara cleared her throat before she began. 'I would like to be a medical doctor. I don't like seeing people sick or dying. I like to save lives and save people from pain. I want to discover the cures for so many diseases which has kept people in bondage'

Danjuma listened to his daughter in silence, he knew she would do all she said. She was intelligent and had a strong will also, he had seen her display it several times. It wasn't long after that he became distracted by some strange sounds.

He stood up and walked to the window, he slightly opened the blinds to check what the sound was, the rest of the family were still listening to Omotara with keen interest.

'Get into the room, all of you' Danjuma suddenly ordered in a panicking manner.

All eyes turned to him for an explanation for he continued to stare outsidpe the window.

'U zobu zobu, U zobu zobu!' Strange distant chants were heard approaching.

Danjuma looked horrified as he saw several people who tried to run fall down as bullets pierced into their bodies.

'Get inside!!!' He shouted louder this time. Lydia picked her children and led them as they scampered in fright to find an hiding place in the house.

Danjuma began to fasten all the locks and close every light entry into the house. He never imagined that a day like this would come..

... to be continued

Read Today's Episode : www.youngicee..com

Kindly drop your comments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by latbas(m): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
nice one bro.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 5:47am On Dec 29, 2015
fam24:

well done. I was not able to comment on your blog. Can one answer the questions here to redeem the christmas prize? Thanks
Hi, m just reading ur comment now. It was for those on the blog alone..
Don't worry, another one is coming. But Why couldn't you drop a comment?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by kingphilip(m): 8:06am On Dec 29, 2015
Oyinprince:
Hi, m just reading ur comment now. It was for those on the blog alone..
Don't worry, another one is coming. But Why couldn't you drop a comment?
I've been trying to comment on ur blog always and it has always proved abortive

Any solution to it
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 29, 2015
Do you want this writer to get a little reward?Nominate this story for Story of the Month award here. https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=2818004
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2015
kingphilip:
I've been trying to comment on ur blog always and it has always proved abortive

Any solution to it
What account are you trying to use to make your comment? And is it opera you're using?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by kingphilip(m): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Oyinprince:
What account are you trying to use to make your comment? And is it opera you're using?
Yeah it's opera I'm ue
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2015
kingphilip:
Yeah it's opera I'm ue
Hope you have a Google account? Operamini does have problems making comments on Google blogs, try Opera Beta or better still , just use UC browser
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by kingphilip(m): 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oyinprince:
Hope you have a Google account? Operamini does have problems making comments on Google blogs, try Opera Beta or better still , just use UC browser
is the bonus still open
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oyin you're truly the best, keep the nice work
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
I'm vry happy at dz particular moment bcs I av retrived my acct in a wondaful way.
Thank u Oyin 4 calln me, I av been a gost reader snc my acct was blocked wch usually pain me. I also appreciate ur work, u got a vry skilful story hea. Keep it up. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 7:16am On Dec 30, 2015
Alas me follow ups weldone Oyin more inks to ur pen that anthem for we readers lolllssss may God gives u more strenght to render service @ wen u needs! I pity tarasha's life it scary nd sorrowful. hope not what me tinking here tarasha don felt for emotion? It must not be, Compliment to u all {1_love} keep that
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by pemiivy01(f): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oyinprince this is good. More updates plzzzzzzzz
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Afz9095(m): 1:27am On Jan 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS,MORE BLESSING
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Bukish21(f): 1:48am On Jan 01, 2016
You're a thriller god!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 10:33am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy New Year pals

Oyin ma Compliment T yhu Gbammmmmm
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by domido(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year everyone ooo.
Cc Oyinprince

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by DandyPearl(f): 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new one everyone...donkross1, Afz9095, Sageez, Heemah, Mattkent, maggielovely, calmdove and damyem. Wish you all the bestest of this year
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Sageez(m): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
DandyPearl:
Happy new one everyone...donkross1, Afz9095, Sageez, Heemah, Mattkent, maggielovely, calmdove and damyem. Wish you all the bestest of this year
wish you same sweetheart
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
Happy New Year Guys.

Dedicated to survivors of terrorism attacks

..........18+...........

Danjuma began to fasten all the locks and close every light entry into the house. He never imagined that a day like this would come. When he was transferred from Lagos state to Maiduguri in Borno state seven years ago, the country was not experiencing any visible terrorist attack then. All of a sudden the group sprang up from nowhere, it was rumoured that they've been underground since the regime of the former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

The area he and his family stayed in Maiduguri was one they that was believed to be safe from these attacks but recently their environs had began to feel the heat.

The Boko Haram group became more noised around the world when on the night of 14 - 15 of April 2014, they kidnapped over 270 girls at the Government Girls Secondary School in the town of Chibok in Borno State.

Since then a strange kind of fear had beclouded Danjuma's heart but he refused to voice it out as the Man of house. He resorted to praying and hoping that the terrorism would end soon.

He ran around the house piling up heavy loads at the door of the main entrance to the house. In case the attackers break through the door, the obstructions would give him more time to escape with his family.

Before he knew it, several voices had already assembled at their doorstep, banging on the door. Danjuma ran around the house, trying to find where the rest of his family were hiding.

Gbam! There was an explosion. A metal plank hit Danjuma on the back as the loads he placed at the door scattered about from the effect of the grenade. He fell to the floor bleeding profusely.

Seven men with hoods covering their faces barged in through the exploded entrance. One of them sighted Danjuma immediately and charged towards him.

The terrorist dragged him up. 'Where your family?' He asked in pidgin English, demanding where the rest of Danjuma's family were hiding.

Danjuma stared at him helplessly without saying any word. The man dragged him on the floor and proceeded with the rest of the crew to search the rooms.

After five minutes, two of the terrorists returned with the mother and five kids to the destroyed living room. Rikau who seemed to be the leader of the team dropped Danjuma on the floor and licked his lips as he sighted Lydia open thigh in her gown. He motioned towards her with a evil smile.

'Drop am for floor' he ordered the terrorist holding her by the collar.

He smiled wickedly again before he knelt down beside her and stretched his hand underneath her gown. She tried to resist but he slapped her face hard and blood rushed down her nose.

He smacked his lips and pulled out her tight underwear, dipping his finger into her privates. She screamed.

Danjuma stood up with the remaining strength left in him and charged towards the molester but was stopped halfway when someone hit his back with a metal rod. He fell down flat.

Rikau left Lydia temporarily while two of his men geld her down for him. He removed a dagger from his pocket and motioned towards Danjuma. Another two of his men lifted Danjuma upright for their Boss' attack.

The dagger was pierced into Danjuma's left eye and the ball was plugged out. The children screamed in horror as they saw this. The second boy couldn't take it anymore and rushed to Rikau and dealt him punches at the back. His attack was short lived as machete was ran through his neck and his head fell off immediately.

The rest of the children sobbed uncontrollably as two other men pointed a gun at them to keep them down. The eldest son, who was sixteen at that time began to offer emergency prayers to God amidst tears.

Rikau continued his evil and pierced the dagger into the second eye. He plucked it out too.

'These heads and blood is for god' Rikau laughed scornfully. 'Dear god in heaven, accept our sacrifice. We know you are pleased when we kill unbelievers and spill their blood to you. Please prepare a nice place in heaven for us as you have promised'

He screamed and thrusted the dagger into Danjuma's belly before he returned to complete his unfinished business with Lydia.

She screamed uncontrollably as he molested her viciously. He got up after satisfying himself, he spat on her and watched she panted heavily. But he was still not satisfied yet. He turned his gaze to the children and gave another wicked smile, motioning one of his boys to bring Omotara forward. He licked his lips wickedly again.

'Comot her cloth' he ordered.

The boy wasted no time in carrying out the order. His strength was too much for Omotara to resist as he undressed her in less than two minutes. Rikau stared at the underdeveloped body with an evil eye. His eyes were fixed on her breasts which were just shooting out. Someone held on to his legs tightly as he motioned forward. He turned back to see Lydia pleading for him to leave his daughter. His anger was kindled the more.

He signalled to two of his men and they dragged Lydia up. He used his dagger to tear off her cloth which was already soaked in blood. He pulled away her bra and squeezed her breast wickedly with his hands. He took his dagger close and sliced the left side. Her screams echoed through the whole building as the men laughed sardonically.

'My god, this is for you. We thank you for your provision' he shouted as he drank out of the blood oozing out from her body.

'Our god is great! Our god is great!' The rest of his men chanted happily.

Rikau ordered his men to drop Lydia's body on the floor and he turned back to face the horrified looking girl as he dropped the dismembered part. 'Lay her on the floor for me' he commanded.

Joe, the youngest boy escaped from where he was kept and raced to Rikau who was already bouncing on the body of his sister.

Two quick bullets were sent into the boy's forehead and he fell down immediately. The shooter did not stop at that, he matched towards the lifeless body and detached the head with his machete. His evil act was followed by another round of chants 'god is great! god is great!'

Omotara's screams filled the atmosphere as Rikau handled her with no pity. Her two brothers, the eldest and Jerry the immediate younger one , remnant of her family watched in tears helplessly as their sister was abused by the wicked hood wearing man.

... to be continued

Don't leave without dropping a comment

Read today's Update here : www.youngicee..com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
Happy New year to everyone (I for say make I mention moniker but I don't want to leave anyone out)

Thank you all for following this story through last year, I believe you'll keep following. And don't forget to always make comments, they do encourage me. God bless.

kingphilip:
is the bonus still open
Another Bonus would come next week, I believe.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
holy macaroni. horrific
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Sageez(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
happy new year oyinprince
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by domido(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Happy ne year. Oyinprine, pls show some love, today is my bday.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Mhizashantee1(f): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
O.M.G....I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS WONDERFUL STORY.......I CNT HELP BUT TO COMMENT...NYC ONE BRO..MORE INK TO YOUR PEN..
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by lorelife(m): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
i love action. Truely, dis is wow.... Carry go... I dey follow
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
**PRESENT**

Tarasha wiped her face with her handkerchief as she relayed her story to him. Henry moved closer and drew her body nearer to his. He engaged her in a  tight hug as tears dropped off his eyes too. 

'You had such a bad past, I'm sorry for bringing back those memories' he said as placed a  hand on her back. 'But God can help you forgot those memories and focus on the future'

Evelyn moved her  head from his chest and stared into his eyes angrily. She gradually removed herself from his grip and got up in a hurry.

'I'm sorry, but I was just saying the truth.' He stood up, watching as she put on her shoes hurriedly. 'Look, you can't blame God for what some evil men did'

She proceeded towards the door without paying attention to him anymore. He followed after her and held her bag to stop her. She turned to look into his face.

'I don't know how you feel Evelyn, but I know you must feel very bad' Henry said in a calm tone. 'But God didn't send those men to your family'

'Then why didn't he save my family from them?' Evelyn screamed as she dragged her bag from him. 'Why didn't he save us from them?'

Henry stood speechless for a moment and watched as she barged out of the house and hurried away.

'Let me drive you home' he shouted and followed after her again when he regained himself. She has walked away into the darkness already.

+++++++++

8am, next morning

Jubril Lawal had just walked into his office with his personal assistant when his phone began to ring. His P.A handed the phone to him. The call was from an international number.

Jubril settled into the swivel before answering the call. 'Hello'

'Hello Mr. Jubril' a mixed kind of accent was used to answer him. 'How are you doing today sir?'

'I'm fine. May I know who's on the line ....'

'Oh! Pardon me. I thought you were expecting my call. I'm Alexander Amaechi, director, AA Ltd Canada' the voice came bolder.

'Oh! Good morning Mr Alex' Jubril spoke cheerfully. 'I wasn't expecting the call so early'

'Oh! I prefer to do it early if it's business' the caller said a chuckle. 'My daughter told me about your discussion with her and I showed interest in speaking with you directly, she gave me your mobile number'

'Yes, she told me that I should expect a call from you'

'Good. I started a little research about you from the day she told me about your company' the man continued in his baritone voice. 'I'm a Nigerian myself' there was a pause.

'But I was a little bit disturbed when she told me about coming to Nigeria for the cotton business. It's not easy to do business with Nigerians nowadays especially when it's a Young person. I didn't want her to fall into wrong hands'

'I understand' Jubril replied with a smile. 'I had a little research about you too, I wanted to be sure of what I'm getting into'

'Well... I believe you're the right man. I'll be speaking to her from time to time. The monies needed for any transaction would be transferred from the AA account at any time'

'Okay, you agreed to fund her deal'

'No, the monies we're dealing with is for her, she saved it up'

'Oh! I see'

'Yeah'

'I must commend you. You really did a great job in bringing her up, she's a very focused young lady'

'Hmm, Thank you. I'm always very proud of her'

'Good!'

'Well, I'll talk to you later '

'It's okay' Jubril said and dropped his phone. He made a signal to his P.A who motioned forward.

'Trace that number for me, find out who owns it.' He handed the phone to the P.A.

The P.A gave him a puzzled look. 'Find an expert who can do that, I didn't mean you should do it yourself' Chief Jubril fired at him.

'Okay' the P.A replied timidly after which Jubril dismissed him with a wave of the hand.

8am

'How far?' Benny asked as Cole ended the call.

'Good, went as planned' Cole answered standing to his feet. 'No true caller application can detect where and who the call was from' he boasted as he walked towards the TV to switch it on.

'I trust you but I don't trust that voice disguiser, I almost recognised your voice when we tested it' Benny said.

'We tested it at a close range, it could misbehave. But you still said my voice sounded more like an older man'

'True'

'That's enough for us, the man doesn't know me before so he can't even detect any resemblance to anyone's voice.' Cole returned to the sofa.

'I believe so' Benny gave a light smile. 'Has the boss called you still?'

'No, she hasn't' Cole answered with a frown. He picked his phone from the stool. 'It's strange of her not to pick her calls, since yesterday evening'

'Hope everything is fine with her'

'Sure, nothing can be wrong' Cole sniffed as he dialed her number again. He stared at Benny. 'It's switched off now'

'Switched off? I hope nothing has gone wrong' Benny frowned.

'I'm sure she'll call us soon, don't bother your mind.' Cole concluded. He smacked his lips and rubbed his palms together as Aisha walked into the living room, he was expecting an announcement about breakfast

Aisha stared at both of them curiously, wondering why they stopped talking when she appeared. 'What are you guys hiding?'

Cole and Benny laughed in unison. 'Hiding what?' Benny asked. 'Please is breakfast ready?'

9.15 am

Henry dialed Evelyn's phone number for the thirtieth time that morning,  it was still switched off. He rested his back into the office seat and loosened his tie.

His mind had been unsettled since the last night when she left his apartment. He had driven after her in a bid to catch up with her on the street and drive her home but she wasn't found, she just disappeared into thin air.  He began to feel guilty and wasn't going to forgive himself if anything happened to her.

He stared at his phone, confused about what to do. He thought of going back to the hotel to ask about her but he had only little information about her. The only thing he knew was her first name.

He got up and took off his suit jacket and hung it on the rack by the wall after which he began to pace around the office. The landline on his table rang.

'Hello.' He answered the call.

'Hello Mr Henry' Sylvester's voice came through. 'I'm sending someone to you office right now, he has a job for us and I think only you can handle it well'

'Okay... Send him in' Henry replied after a brief moment of hesitation.

'Right away' the went off.

Henry put another call through to his secretary after putting back on his jacket and knotting his tie. 'Hello, someone is coming from Mr Sylvester now, please send him as soon as he gets there'

Someone pressed the bell two minutes later. 'You may come in' Henry answered.

A tall dark man in a black suit walked in smiling. He looked like someone in his early forties. Henry rose to greet him.

'Good morning sir' Henry stretched his hand to shake him.

'Good morning Mr Henry, I'm Debo Ola' the Man introduced himself as he took the handshake.

'I'm pleased to meet you sir, please have your seat' Henry motioned him.

'Thank you' the man settled down.

'Yeah, Mr Sylvester said you have a job for us'

'Yes' the man replied, pushing a paper forward on the table. 'Here is it'

Henry picked it up to look at it. 'This is a mobile number. Canadian right?'

'Yes, Canadian. It has the Canadian code but we're doubting the authenticity. That's why I've come to you' Debo replied.

'What's the reason for the doubt?' Henry asked and began to scribble the number into a notepad. 'I mean it looks authentic to me'

'It's the number of one of our invisible business partners' Debo explained. 'We need to verify if we're discussing with the right person or someone is just playing tricks with us'

Henry gave him a stern look. 'But do you know that this is illegal? You're asking for confidential details of someone which shouldn't be released'

The man dipped his hand into his suit inner pocket and brought out his ID card. 'I'm a private investigator approved by the government' he displayed the card to Henry.

'Okay then, just a minute.' Henry turned to his computer after confirming the man's identity.

After seven minutes, he turned back to the man. 'The number is really Canadian but I've not been able to verify the owner'

'Okay. But is it possible?'

'Yes, it is. I only need to get data from the network bearer in Canada. It may take us sometime and cost us some money'

'How long will it take?' The man enquired.

'Three days should be okay' Henry replied with so much positivity. 'As far as the authorities cooperate and provide us what we request for'

'Okay, how much will it cost?'

'Five hundred thousand naira should do'

'Five hundred thousand?' Debo looked surprised.

'Yes' Henry replied unperturbed. 'We would be charged by any of their authorities we pass through'

'But it's kind of much'

'It's okay' The man said, dipping his hand into his bag. He brought out his cheque book and began to write in it.

'I should write it payable to who?' The man asked after signing.

'Ermm... I think Mr Sylvester would handle that'

'Alright.' Debo returned the cheque book and pen into his bag.

'Is there any other thing left?' Henry asked.

'Nothing, I only want to be assured that we'll get the report in three days'

'You will, I assure you'

'Okay.' Debo rose to his feet. 'I have to go now'

'Alright' Henry rose too and shook hands with the man again.

'Thank you Mr Henry'

'You're welcome.' With that Debo walked out of the office.

Henry sat back into his chair and stared at the number on his notepad for a while. He wanted to begin work on it but he felt restless. His thoughts immediately drifted back to Evelyn. Without much thinking again, he grabbed his car key and proceeded out of the office.

9.20am

A police Hyundai sonata parked right beside the cameras security office. A young officer came out of the car thirty seconds later and proceeded to the gate. He met the security man in charge.

'Good morning sir' the young officer greeted.

'Good morning officer' the security man answered.

'I'm Officer Paul from Division A' he said, displaying his ID card. 'I want to know if there's any Henry working in this organization'

'I'm sorry Inspector, I don't have the right to release such information'

The young officer laughed. He dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out a card. 'Why are you hiding a criminal? We found his national ID card in a crime scene yesterday' he displayed the card to him.

The security man opened his mind in shock. 'Yes, we have one and that's him. He's inside'

'No, we don't want to arrest him now. We want to trace him to his accomplices' the young officer tucked in the card into his pocket. 'What kind of car does he use?'

'He has different cars but he brought a blue Honda accord today'

'When does he close from work?'

'Four O'clock'

'Okay, here's our number' the officer handed a card to the security man. 'Please call us anytime he's leaving this premises'

'No problem, I will'

'We're watching you, don't try to aid his escape.' The young officer warned with a crooked smile before he turned and returned to the car. He was satisfied that he could put fear in the older man's heart. He got into the back seat where Afo was also sitting down, dressed in the police uniform also.

'How did it go?' Afo asked.

'Fine, the man's gonna call us. He says Henry uses a blue Honda'

'Did he notice anything about the fake national identity card and was the picture correct?'

'He couldn't have noticed anything and the picture is the right one. I sent it to Dare for confirmation after I downloaded it from Facebook'

'Good' Afo applauded after which he picked up his phone and dialed a number.

'Hello... Has the girl come out of the hotel at all?'

9.20am

Evelyn finally got up from the bed after what seemed like the longest night she had had in several years. She stood up and stretched, she felt a little at peace than she did the last night. The only thing that still kept the event still fresh in her brain was a sharp headache she felt. She clenched her teeth as she walked to the window and opened the blind.

A strange anger against herself was welling up as her head continued to bang. It was wrong for her to feel headaches. It had been ten years ago she had one, at least not one that made her feel as terrible as this. She was sure that it was a result of the emotional stress she went through the last night. But how did the emotions return, she thought they had died long ago?

She couldn't describe what she felt when Henry spoke with her. Her mind raced back to the feeling she had when she stared into his eyes as he narrated his story. She had tried to deny the feeling before but she felt it again now as she remembered the faint glow in his eyes.

She rebuked herself and turned away from the window, she was not supposed to be thinking of him, a total who was only going to be used in the course of her operation. The only right thing for her to think about was the operation.

She suddenly remembered her phone as she sat back on the bed. She quickly looked for the bag she went out with the last night and picked it out. It was switched off.

'Damn!' She cursed. It was supposed to be always on as she was expecting a call from Jubril Lawal.

The first three messages that entered when the phone came on were from MTN, her network bearer. The fourth message was from Henry. She closed her eyes and dropped the phone as she saw his name. His face popped up in her mind again.

Wait! Did she tell him the story of her family's massacre? How did he get her to do so?

She clenched her fists and opened her eyes, it was bloodshot. Her phone call distracted her.

...to be continued

Read new episode here:

http://youngicee..com/2016/01/tarasha-chapter-10-pt-7.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by virtuedagirl(f): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2016
Oyinprince weldone, dis story has great lesson 2 be learnt, i pity Tarasha she's being through alot
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by donziller(m): 10:12am On Jan 08, 2016
9ic

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.