Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,308 members, 7,780,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:53 PM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (472557 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2016
Truely, i must confes to u, I dey feel wel wel. I enjoy every bit. Tnk u 4 d update
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
This story has so much captivated my mind that a day doesn't go by without thinking of tarasha. Your story line is beautiful and everything to me is perfect. We love you and your stories to bits. more ink to your pen. Thumbs up
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by segsbenks(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2016
It's already Saturday sir and we all av get set, well prepared and well seated, so with much anticipation we are waiting for the next update. keep the good work going sire!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by lorelife(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
bros hw long b4 d next update? Am dieing of anticipation. Dis ur write up is driving me crazy. Abeg come update am
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
She clenched her fists and opened her eyes, it was bloodshot. A phone call distracted her.

'Good morning Miss Evelyn' came Jubril Lawal's cheerful voice.

'Good morning sir' Tarasha managed to sound calm.

'How are you?' Jubril asked.

'I'm fine sir, how about you?'

'I'm doing great Miss. I spoke with your father this morning and we had a pleasant conversation. I'll like for us to meet and conclude the deal terms'

'Oh! Okay. When can I come to meet with you?'

'Let's make it tomorrow morning, 9am prompt'

'That's okay sir'

'Good, we'll see tomorrow. Take care'

'You too.' With that the line went off.

Tarasha got up and wiped off the sweat forming on her forehead. She began to take off her ruffled gown slowly. Henry's calm voice sounded in her head again.

** Flashback**
~~ December 20, 2020 ~~

'Tarasha, Tarasha' A voice sounded in whispers through the window. Tarasha's eyes popped open, it was Marvin calling her.

She rolled down from the hardwood quietly and buckled her bra well. She sniffed and began to tiptoe carefully in a bid not to wake the other occupants of the room.

She shivered as the door creaked while she tried to open it. She turned to see if anyone was woken by the noise but no was awake, only a few itchings and turns, she proceeded outside slowly, careful not to make any other sound. Marvin had turned from the window side to the door.

'Come' she grabbed Marvin's hand and they ran behind the lodge to a hidden place.

'Tara' Marvin who was bare chested and was covered with a torn towel-like material called her name softly.

'Yes?' Tarasha urged him, already getting impatient, staring around from time to time to see if anyone was coming.

'Tarasha' he called again.

Tarasha stopped to stare into his eyes. He never called her full name except that was something really very serious. 'What happened?'

'I've come to say goodbye to you' Marvin began. 'I may not have the opportunity to say it anymore'

'What? Goodbye? Where are you going to?' Tarasha bombarded him with questions.

'I'm not going anywhere. I may die tomorrow' He said in a sad tone. 'I overheard our Tent Lord saying that there would be a zonal bloodbath tomorrow and they plan to eliminate fifteen weak ones'

Tara stretched out her hand and touched his face. 'Fifteen weak ones? But that has nothing to do with you, with us'

'Tarasha' he removed her hand from his face. 'Let us be real, don't let us pretend as if I'm strong'

'You're strong Marvin, you can scale through'

'No, I'm not strong' Marvin argued. 'We all know that I only managed to escape death the last time. Now it's here' Marvin said as he turned his back on Tarasha.

'No, you won the battle, you didn't manage' Tarasha turned back his body to face her. 'And you are stronger now'

Marvin stared into the darkness for a moment, tears formed in his eyes. 'Tara, I'm not scared to die. I'm scared of leaving you. Ain't we even dead already. I think it's better we die before these people finally turn us to animals who kill without thinking'

'Don't we kill without thinking already?' Tarasha asked him.

'I kill on orders and I feel remorse for every time I had to do it' a tear dropped off his eyes as he spoke. 'But the Nefary clan is not comfortable with that, they are taking us to the level of killing without feeling any remorse. Imagine, they made you kill your friend, the cook.'

Tarasha sighed and turned away. 'I had no choice, I had to do that. He was already changed into a beast too'

'I know but they're going to make us do more. I heard that they do send some inmates to murder their families'

'Do we have families?' Tarasha turned suddenly to ask him.

Marvin was about to answer her when they heard a noise coming towards their direction.

'We have to go now' Marvin's eyes shone in panic as he peeped to see who was coming. He quickly grabbed Tarasha's hand and they hurriedly tiptoed away.

* Next day

Tarasha could hear the loud chants of male as thirty of them girls were led into the "Hardness hall". The boys were already been lectured in the hall.

The hall was a very large one, it was made of thick brick high walls. It had no widows in it but was unroofed. The floor was made of natural rock, hard, cold during evening and early mornings but hot in the afternoon.

'Love is a sin committed by weak people and it makes them weaker. Any object of love that is found beside you has to be eliminated' the voice in the thick Russian accent continued to shout. 'The day you start to love someone is the day you start to die'

Tarasha could spot Marvin where he stood, blindfolded. He was number two on the line in his group. That meant that he was the second person to battle. Tarasha looked around trying to locate Marvin's likely contender but before she could, the tent lord had already returned to blindfold her and the other girls. The girls were later arranged on two line but none of them knew their position on the line.

The battle was to take place in a cage and the enemy was not known until they got into the cage.

The first battle began and the first two fighters were sent in. Shouts and groans were what notified the other young assassins that the battle had begun.

After about ten minutes, the first battle ended and a winner with a bruised face emerged. Then the first set of girl fighters were sent into the cage. After another ten minutes, another winner emerged.

Then it was Marvin's turn. Tarasha knew it, she had seen him stand in the second position on the line. But she didn't know his contender until she felt a  hand on her shoulder. She was dragged by someone and pushed into another section. Her blindfold was taken off and she found herself in the cage with Marvin. Several fighting weapons laid on the floor for their use. The bell rang for the battle to begin.

... to be continued.

www.youngicee..com

7 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by ogoo25(f): 6:21am On Jan 10, 2016
Thanks for the Updates on your blog this morning.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 10, 2016
Good job Oyin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by latbas(m): 8:43am On Jan 10, 2016
nice one
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Well-done oyin

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by domido(m): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
That bad moment.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by domido(m): 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
That bad moment when they set u up.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by oghenekome51(f): 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
Oyinprince owfar naw? Whatsup with dis ur updates nah? I mean wots wit u dropping updates once in a while?

Well ure trying a lot but every update of Urs leaves us starving and craving for more!
Pls do sumtin abt it sir, i seriously hope evrthin is fine wit u.?

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
The lovers stared at each other for a while without making any move. The whole hall became as silent as a graveyard.

'Come on, attack' Vladimir, the zone lord shouted angrily.

Tarasha just couldn't move. Just few months ago, she had been made to slaughter a dear friend of hers, Stanley Bob. Now she was being asked to fight Marvin whom she loved.

She sniffed and rubbed her nose with the back of her hand. 'Love is for the weak ones, the stupid ones without a strong heart. Kill him before he kills you' she could hear a voice say to her.

'No, don't kill him. If you do, you'll be totally losing your good heart' another voice argued.

'Who needs a good heart?' The first voice laughed. 'It would only make one become a fool who can be manipulated by feelings'

'There's nothing wrong in letting good feelings take control over you' the good voice began but was interrupted.

'Shut up! Remember who you are, nothing should take control over you. You were made to kill and nothing should stop you from killing. Nothing including love or any feeling you have'

Tarasha was awoken to reality when she heard a clang sound, Marvin had picked up a sword. It seemed he had finally made up his mind on what to do.

Tarasha picked up a sword too and positioned herself for the fight. The duo began to move in a circle, each one trying to set a trap for the other.

Marvin was the first to strike, his sword went in direction of Tarasha's forehead but was stopped by her sword. The battle continued and the murmurings among the other trainees increased as the sound of continued clanging of swords filled the air.

After about four minutes of the sword battle. The two warriors spaced themselves. Both of them already had sweat dripping from their body. Marvin threw his sword away and clenched his fists. Tarasha understood the message and dropped her sword too. It was time for a battle without weapons. They moved close to each other.

Marvin sent a blow to her but she ducked down and he missed her face. She stepped aside without returning his attack. They stared into each other's eyes as they vibrated their bodies from side to side, moving in a circle. Marvin launched the same attack again and Tarasha ducked again but this time sent a heavy blow into his belly. He winced as he grabbed his belly and staggered forward.

He recovered quickly and stood straight again. He stared again into Tarasha's eyes, she seemed to be less interested in the battle. He remembered saying to her that he wasn't afraid of death, but he really was. Now, he was desperate to live even if it meant taking her life.

Marvin was an handsome boy, two year older than Tarasha. He stayed with his parents in Ghana until the day he was kidnapped alongside with four other boys and brought to the clan. The reason for his kidnap was not known to him until he spent two months in the clan.

Marvin was a soft person in nature but the four other boys which he walked and played with were bullies. Due to their big stature and strength, they maltreated everyone they could. Marvin was close to them because of one the leader of the boys happened to be his next-door neighbor. The kidnappers had observed the boys' cruelty for sometime and concluded that they had the tendency to become great assassins. Marvin was only unlucky to be with the bullies on the fateful day.

Back to the battle. Marvin carefully observed where Tarasha was standing, the weapons were out of her reach. He seized the opportunity and he picked up his sword again. He smiled at her wickedly as she looked at him in surprise. Maybe she thought her love was still in his head, he thought. But this was a matter of death or life, he still wanted to live for some more years and probably get out of the Nefary City alive. He shouted on top of his voice as he raced towards her, targeting her belly.

Tarasha was scared and undecided for a second but the adrenalin rush in her body made her react. She turned back immediately and made a short run to the wall where she took three steps on and projected herself over the attackers head, she landed at his back and he almost fell as a result.

A blow hit Marvin's face before he turned to her with the sword. Another hit his jaw when he tried to raise up the sword, it fell from his hand. Tarasha continued to deal him more blows on his face until he was bleeding profusely. He was too weak to defend himself. She held his neck and tightened her grip on it until he was he was out of breath. She was breathing heavily as she let his body fall to the ground. She stared at him on the floor for some seconds, murmuring inaudible words to herself.

'Bring his head' someone shouted as she turned, reminding her that her job wasn't completed until she presented his head as her trophy. She motioned towards where the sword was and picked it up. Then she went back to Marvin and detached his head in few seconds.

**PRESENT**

'No room for emotions' Tarasha murmured the same words she murmured after killing Marvin. 'No room for emotions, kill every object of emotion before it kills you'

She kept murmuring it to herself as she stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her. Her phone rang again. Henry was calling.

'Hello' she said as she answered the call.

'Hello Evelyn, can you meet me outside right away?' Henry asked in a serious tone.

'Give me ten minutes' she replied and ended the call.

She opened the wardrobe to select the clothes to wear. After three minutes, she was done with her dressing. She wore a black tight fitted trouser and top with a blue jacket on it. She sat back on the bed as she wore her boots. She checked the time and it was just five minutes gone out of the ten minutes. She had noticed the seriousness in his voice but wasn't concerned in anyway.

She drew out a briefcase from underneath the bed and placed it on her laps. She punched in the passcode and it opened up by itself. Knives and daggers of different sizes were carefully arranged inside. She selected three small ones and carefully tucked them into the space made available for it in her trouser. The small knives should be enough to take life out of Henry's body.

+++++++++

'How far Debo?' Chief Jubril asked as his personal assistant stepped into the office.

'Fine sir. The call was from Canada but we've not been able to verify the user's details'

'When would that be done?'

'We should get the report by next tomorrow' Debo answered.

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, very sure sir'

'Good...' The man paused and focused on his laptop for a minute before he returned his gaze back to Debo. 'Do you know what is happening next tomorrow?'

'Yes sir.' Debo smiled sheepishly.

Jubril Lawal smiled back. 'I want you to organize a banquet for me. The venue would be my villa. Send invitations to every friend on my contact list'

'Okay sir'

'Invite Evelyn Alex also.' The man paused and cleared his throat. 'I'll like her to meet with some of our other business partners that would be involved in our partnership. Make sure you also mobilize for proper security'

'Okay sir.' Debo bowed and proceeded out of the office,  trying to come up with ideas on how to organize for the birthday celebration.

... to be continued

Read today's episode here : www.youngicee..com

5 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
oghenekome51:
Oyinprince owfar naw? Whatsup with dis ur updates nah? I mean wots wit u dropping updates once in a while?

Well ure trying a lot but every update of Urs leaves us starving and craving for more!
Pls do sumtin abt it sir, i seriously hope evrthin is fine wit u.?
I'm fine, thanks.

I'm updating as time permits me. I think I just increased the rate again recently and it'll only get better.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by mismore(f): 8:56am On Jan 12, 2016
Nice update...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by latbas(m): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
make sense
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:22am On Jan 15, 2016
Tarasha eyes began to search around for Henry in the reception as she came out of the elevator. She took out her phone from the jacket and dialed his number.

'Where are you?' She spoke into the phone.

'Outside the gate' a gruff voice which was not Henry's answered, Tarasha noticed.

'Okay, I'm coming' she replied and ended the call. She dropped the phone back into the jacket's pocket and proceeded out of the building.

She spotted Henry's blue Honda car parked behind a police sonata as soon as she stepped out of the gate. She noticed that three uniformed police officers were at their car with a non uniformed person. The officer at the front seat beside the driver's came out looking at her direction. She took out her phone and placed another call to Henry as she proceeded slowly towards his car.

'Hey Madam' the police officer accosted her.

'Hello, what can I do for you?' Tarasha ended the call she was trying to make and turned to attend to the officer.

'Are you Miss Evelyn Alex?' The officer asked.

'Yes, I...' Tarasha was cut short by what she saw. The "non uniformed officer" which appeared to be Henry was motioned out of the car by another officer which was huge in size.

'Do you know that man?' The officer continued, looking towards Henry.

Tarasha paused for a while before answering. 'Yes' She stared at Henry as the huge officer motioned him towards their direction.

'You were with him yesterday?' He asked again.

'Yes' Tarasha answered.

'Your attention is needed in our office' he said.

'For what?' She inquired.

'Just to answer some few questions' the officer replied with a brief smile.

Tarasha stared at Henry's face for an explanation but he just stared back until she spoke. 'What's all these Henry?'

'I'm sorry, I don't understand too' Henry replied. 'I asked them to leave you out of this but they said that we must go together. I believe that Dare must have told huge lies about us to the police'

'May we leave now?' The huge officer interrupted, eyeing Tarasha wickedly.

'Can I have my phone to make a call now?' Henry demanded, stretching out his hand to the slim officer.

'Of course, it's in the car. Let's proceed first, then you can make your calls on the way' the officer made way to return to the car.

'You go with her in the Honda' the huge officer, Afo , said in a commanding tone.

'Okay' the other officer obliged and led Tarasha who followed silently to the Honda.

The officer in the driver's seat of the Honda already started the car engine before they entered into it. They drove away from the hotel fence in few seconds.

Tarasha kept a searching gaze on the officer accompanying her. He stared back intimidatingly into her eyes when hers met with his. 'Is this how you pick up people in this country?' She asked a question which made the officer look stunned. 'I wouldn't have followed you if I didn't see Henry with you'

'You have no choice madam.' He gave a wicked smile as he answered. 'You don't defy police orders here'

'I have a right to know why I'm going with you' she snapped at him.

'I'm only inviting you for interrogation' he snapped back. 'Madam business from Canada, don't provoke me'

Tarasha looked away from him and carefully examined his words. He just qualified her as "Madam Business from Canada". Whatever he meant by the phrase, it revealed that he had found out from somewhere that she was from Canada and was doing a business. She glanced at him again with suspicion in her eyes. She began to search around his uniform again, searching for something to confirm her suspicion.

Henry had also become suspicious too when he asked from his phone from the huge officer and he replied him coldly. 'It's with my colleague in the other car, you'll get it when we get to the station, we can't pause our journey just because of you'

At this time they had driven for about fifteen minutes.

'Officer' Tarasha called softly. She placed a hand on his chest seductively covering the pocket on the shirt.

'Yes...' He answered, his body shivered as her fingers proceeded behind the buttons.

'What's your name?' She asked.

'Erm...' He stammered and looked towards his chest to check the name inscribed on the tip of the pocket. He flung her hand away from him suddenly as he figured out what she was doing. 'What that flip' he cursed and brought out a gun, pointing it at her immediately.

'I know you're fake, you don't own the uniform' Tarasha said bluntly and sat back properly, ignoring the gun pointed at her. 'Who sent you?'

'Shut the hell up' he shouted at her, still threatening with the gun. He searched his pants pocket with the left hand and brought out his phone.

'Hello, this girl don burst me o' he informed his colleague that he has been busted by the girl in pidgin English.

'No problem, just keep her there. We would be at the workshop in the next two minutes' the huge man answered through his phone in the police car. He brought out his gun also and pointed it at Henry.

'Boy, it's better you cooperate with us without making noise or I'll burst your brains' He said in a harsh manner, terrifying Henry.

'Who sent you?' Tarasha asked the slim officer again as they drove into a large compound.  He replied her with a wicked look.

'But this is not a police station' Henry protested as he looked around the bushy compound.

'Shut up and get out of the car' Afo ordered and pushed Henry out angrily.

Tarasha was also escorted out of the car with a gun by the other guy. The drivers of the cars came out of the car two with their guns, making it four armed men against Henry and Tarasha.

'Get into the house' Afo commanded, motioning them with his gun. Henry and Tarasha began to walk slowly into the brick walled building covered with corrugated iron sheets at the front section. The door was opened by one of the drivers and they were led into the poorly lit room, the windows were not opened and it made it hot.  Three other guys appeared from another section of the building and hailed their Boss Afo.

'Kneel down there' Afo commanded the two, pointing his gun at them as he lit a cigarette with his other hand. 'Raise up your hands' Afo added after they obeyed his first instruction. He brought out his phone and dialed a number.

Tarasha carefully dipped her right hand into her jacket's pocket and made sure nobody noticed as she took out an item and attached it into her sleeve before slowly raising up her hands.

He puffed out some quantity of smoke before placing the phone on his ear. 'Hello... We've got them here' he said through the phone to his call receiver, staring deeply into Tarasha and Henry's faces. 'My boy told me that you called and said you wanted to see them before we finish them off'

Afo inhaled another quantity of smoke before he continued. 'That means your money has increased, you'll add twenty percent... Ok, we're expecting you by evening time'

'Who sent you to kidnap us?' Tarasha asked in a calm voice.

Afo chuckled mockingly and hissed as he stared at her face. He turned to Kalu, the guy who was with Tarasha in the Honda car. 'Where are those chairs?' He asked searching round the room. 'Get the chairs and tie them up' Afo ordered and walked out of the building hurriedly.

++++++++++

'Good' Dare stamped his feet on the floor in joy as he ended the call. He rejoiced with himself in his office. He would finally put to rest his past which just resurfaced and was trying to haunt him. The only painful part of it was that Evelyn had to go with it.

He remembered the look on Henry's face when they met again after several years. Henry's gaze had sent shivers down his spine. What his guilt made him see was thirst for revenge in Henry's eyes. Then he decided that there was a need to totally wipe out the past of which Henry is a part of.

His phone beeped. He quickly picked it up and checked the screen. He smiled. It was a reminder for his Dad's sixtieth birthday which was coming up in two days time. He began to think of what gift was best to present to his father.

What could his money buy that his father couldn't get? His father was a hundred times richer than he was. The only gift he knew his father would be impressed by was a profitable business idea. 'Damn!' He sighed. His father was so business and money minded that it was possible for him not to remember his birthday on the day. He was sure there was going to be no party, his father barely attends social functions nowadays for the fun of it. He only did it if he was going to meet his business partners there. Or should he organize a surprise birthday bash for his dad? He thought.

No, the man would not appreciate that. Instead of getting pleased with the action, his father would probably be disappointed.

Dare shook his head thoughtfully and dropped his phone on the table. Then he returned his focus back to the files on his table.

... to be continued

Read the new update here : www.youngicee..com

Make sure you drop your comments please

9 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Joizy(f): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2016
Kip it cumin oyin.God bles ya
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by virtuedagirl(f): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2016
getting more&more interesting. Oyinprince welldone sir
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by LarrySun(m): 10:04am On Jan 16, 2016
Hello Oyinprince. I need to talk to you about online publication. kindly send me a mail at larrysun4real@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by RexKemuel(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ride on oyinprince... Nice work
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2016
RexKemuel:
Ride on oyinprince... Nice work
Thanks
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Joizy:
Kip it cuminy oyin.God bles ya
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
LarrySun:
Hello Oyinprince. I need to talk to you about online publication. kindly send me a mail at larrysun4real@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Done sir
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 12:08am On Jan 19, 2016
**1.55pm

'Hmmm...' Henry kept shouting out words which were inaudible as he struggled on the seat he was tied to. His chair and Tarasha's were placed backing each other. She was also tied in the same manner. Each legs tied to corresponding leg of the chair and both hands tied together at the back of the chair and their mouths covered with a large plaster.

'Ooh shut up you idiot!' One of their abductors barged into the room angrily and smacked Henry on the face.

'Leave him alone' another one said as he came in bare chested with a red jersey hanging around his neck. 'Let him scream all he can now, he might not have the opportunity to scream again until his next life'

The first guy hissed and turned towards the main entrance followed closely by the second who hurriedly put on his shirt. Soon they were out of the compound, the sound of the gate closing could be heard.

Henry became calm all of a sudden, his mind was full of sadness, for Evelyn and his parents. Evelyn was just an innocent girl whom he put into trouble. His parents also depended on him as their only source of joy and proof of their parenthood. He could not think of what would happen if he was killed, his parents could die just from the shock of the news.

He struggled fruitlessly again to set himself free, shaking the chair vigorously, his head hit Evelyn's. She gave a soft groan, the only sound that she made after several hours that they had been tied.

**2.00pm

Tarasha could still feel the steel on her wrist, now she could sense that it was time to use it. She used the rope tied on the wrist to push it down and it cut her jacket and fell in between her palms, causing a small cut on her middle finger. She took a hold of the knife's handle and carefully moved it up and down the rope, slicing it slowly. Her hands got free in a minute.

She stretched her fingers before removing the covering on her mouth. The heavy breath she let out after got Henry's attention, he suspected that her mouth was free and made some noise to alert her in case it really was. She looked at him but ignored and continued to cut the rope off her leg. After the rope was off, she got up and stretched her legs. Henry noise was louder as he was fully aware that she was now free.

She hid back her knife before she walked to him and took off the covering on his lips, then she bent down to loose the ropes on his legs.

'How did you loose your ropes?' Henry asked impatiently without waiting for Evelyn to finish setting him free.

'They didn't tie it as tight as yours is.' She said after setting him free totally.

Henry got up and stretched his body tiredly. He looked straight into her eyes but she turned away and walked towards the window to peep.

'Thank God' Henry said. Tarasha stood suddenly still. Henry did not notice and he continued. 'Thank God, I'm sure he'll still get us out of here alive.' He turned to look at Evelyn as she wasn't responding to him

Their eyes met. Henry had never seen such fury like he did on anyone's eyes. He couldn't explain it but he knew there was a kind of dangerous anger in her. Then he remembered that he had just given "God" the credit.

Tarasha suddenly remembered the reason for all the knifes in her pockets. This could just be the right time to drain out life from his body, she thought.

+++++++++

Mallam Jefa carefully arranged his the seats in his joint. Very soon, several of his customers would begin to troop in to fill their bellies. He deals in toasted bread, tea, noodles, roasted cow skin (ponmo), "suya" and assorted drinks.

Jefa was well loved and patronised around the area. Many atimes, his customers would not leave after filling themselves but would stay and have fun as it would turn to a large gathering. Jefa always had to send most of them away when they began to lit their cigarettes or drink alcohol heavily to avoid violence and destruction of property.

Mallam Jefa whose real name was Jeffery was not an Hausa man nor does he dress like one, he only earned the nick as a result of his job, height and popularity among young men of the Hausa tribe.

Merely looking at Mallam Jefa's face, one who conclude that he was in his early fifties or close to sixties as wrinkles and spots had begun to show on his face. But it was not to be so, Mallam Jefa was just in his early thirties, a young man who looked so aged and troubled because of problems and several misfortunes that had befallen him in the past.

Very jovial and kind he was to everyone but a closer look at him would reveal his sorrowful mind. One who's heart wasn't at peace, one who only tried to feign happiness even though he never was.

As Jefa opened the window, he could see two of his customers stroll out of their compound which was just about three metres from his joint. He knew they were coming to him as they turned to his direction. He quickly cleaned two seats for them and returned to his stand room where he attends to customers.

'Mallam Jefa' one of the guys hailed, putting up his hands as they strolled into the neatly made wooden building.

'Hey!' Jefa hailed back. 'Welcome my guys'

'Thank you' the first guy said as they took their seats. The other guys just continued to puff his cigarette in silence.

'What do you want me to offer you?' Jefa asked.

The guys whispered to themselves. 'What do we take?'

'I'll go with moi moi and bread first, then a bottle of beer later" the cigarette puffing guy spoke.

'You want to stay here and drink?' The other guy asked in low tones. 'You know we've got to watch over those "dogs" back there'

'I know' came the reply in a harsh tone. 'There's no problem, they can never get away with those ropes used to tie them'

'What of if Afo comes?'

'Afo would return by three thirty and this is just two pm' he said after glancing at his wristwatch. 'We still have a lot of time'

'You guys are selling dogs now?' Jefa asked innocently as he served their order.

'No, we're just keeping them for someone' the first guy replied with a smile.

'Okay now' Jefa smiled back.

Several customers trooped in one after the other and Jefa soon got busy. His first two customers did not stay as long as expected, they paid him and walked away by exactly two thirty pm.

Kindly drop your comments

Check http://youngicee..in/2016/01/tarasha-chap-10-pt-11_18.html for latest update

4 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Boss oyin well done
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Tunechi1(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2016
tanks oyinprince yesterday was mai bday and u updated us even though i wasn't xpectin it

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
mallam Jefa!..one of the duo i've been waiting to see again
a dude of 32 looking 50+.... what a pity
tnx for d update oyin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
Well so interesting
Make I drop comment
#stand still following

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
02.30pm

Tarasha motioned slowly to Henry, her hand slowly finding its way into the pockets where she hid the knifes. Henry stood still, puzzled as she approached him. The look in her eyes was unexplainable as well as the atmosphere around. Just twopp steps away from him, the gate clanged and she stopped. She removed her hand from the pocket and turned back. Their abductors were returning.

Tarasha's strange mood suddenly returned to normal. Her eyes blinked severally as she let out a deep breath, an unusual calmness overwhelmed her .

Henry quickly walked to the window, he opened the curtain and peeped, two of the guys were returning inside. He motioned back to Tarasha and grabbed her right hand. 'We have to get out of here' he said and dragged her along with him. They walked further into the other rooms in the house, all the rooms were dark except one that was brightened a little by a dim torchlight. Henry picked up the torch and pointed it round the room, looking for something to use for their defence.

The main entrance door creaked open. The smile on the guys' faces changed into a deep frown immediately as they saw that their captives had gotten loose already.

'Damn!' The first guy cursed under his breath and brought out his gun. The other man followed suit.

'I believe they are still around, we didn't stay long at Mallam Jefa's.' The second put in.

'Afo would kill us if they escape' the first guy whispered. He bent down to pick something, a wristwatch. 'They went this way' he said, pointing towards the direction their captives took.

'The backyard door is closed' the other added softly. 'So, they must be in the house' he brought out a phone and turned on the flashlight. He returned it into his pocket to hide the light, planning to bring it out when it's necessary.

The guys proceeded in slow steps in the same direction their captives took.

Tarasha sat at the corner of the room, looking pale like an helpless person. Henry felt the need and the responsibility to protect her. He already found a rod, with the help of the dim torchlight, a huge long one whose proper use was to close tightly the door at the back.

He positioned himself behind the wall by the entrance of the room, planning to take by surprise anyone that enters first.

The room was silent so the slow steps and breathings from the guys could be heard softly by Henry as they approached the room.

Henry raised up the rod in anticipation as someone got behind the door and touched the handle. The person paused, Henry paused too and strained his ear to listen. 'You... backyard' was all he heard. There was another pause again, footsteps could be heard walking fast away from the door. Then the handle was turned and the door opened.

The first thing that entered was the ray of light from the flashlight, then the person's right leg and the whole body. Henry landed the rod on the back of the man's head and he went down immediately, his gun falling away, blood began to ooze out of his head. Henry quickly dropped the rod and picked the gun. He checked if it was loaded and gave a brief smile before bending to search the man's body. He found a phone. He squatted and began to type into it.

'I've been kidnapped, report to the police and let them locate this phone number, that's where I'm kept. Henry' Henry quickly sent a text to his boss, Sylvester.

+++++

Sylvester hurried into the police station with the security guard running after him.

'Hello officers' Sylvester greeted as he got to the reception stand. The officers who recognised him saluted back and gave him attention. 'I heard you brought in one of my new workers to your station today'

'When exactly?' One of the officers asked with a frown.

'Few hours ago, between ten am and twelve noon' Sylvester replied looking to the security man for confirmation.

'Yes' the shivering security man replied.

'Sir, are you sure it's our station? We've not brought anyone in today'

Sylvester turned to the guard. 'Please explain everything to them, the same way you explained to him'

The guard began his explanation in details of how the officers parked beside the corporation and one of them approached him and asked him questions and how they also took Sylvester when he drove out of the gate.

'And they said it's Division A?' An officer interrupted.

'Yes'

'Nobody has been brought in here today and none of our officers have gone out to make an arrest along your direction today' the officer spoke after checking through the records in a book.

'Are you sure of what you're saying?' Sylvester asked the guard again.

'Yes'

'Why didn't you tell me early ?'

'I couldn't get to you, so I told the secretary' the guard replied.

'You told Bola?'

'Yes'

'But she never told me anything' Sylvester said and turned back to the officers. 'Please can I see any of your senior officers?'

'Let's check is anyone is available first' one of the officers said and walked away from the reception.

'Have you called the person who was arrested on phone?' Another officer asked.

'Yes, his line is switched off. That's what's making me alarmed, I believe I'm the first person he'll call if he gets into any trouble'

'Hmm... But you're the Boss of the Security cameras corporation. Have you checked the tapes?'

'There's no record. I'm suspecting that he has been kidnapped by the same people who have been hacking our security, I only want to confirm if he's here first before I make a report'

'Okay'

Sylvester's phone vibrated in his pocket. He brought it out and checked. It was a text message.
+++++

2.30pm

In a large uncompleted building, an abandoned one. Boys could be seen sitting on the window edges, smoking Indian hemp and drinking. Another guy was parading the compound with a cigarette in his mouth.

A policeman stood right in front of the compound's gate. He looked around the environment to see if anyone was watching him before opening the gate slowly and walking in.

'Hey you!' The parading guy was the first to accost him. The other guys also jumped down from the windows, alert. 'What do you want?'

'Your boss, Afo is waiting for me' the policeman replied.

'Okay' the parading guy nodded and signaled to the other guys while the policeman proceeded to the building. One of the guys led the policeman to their boss.

Afo was seated on a set of neatly arranged six inches blocks. A half unclad lady was seated on his laps.

Afo noticed the policeman's entrance and engaged the girl in a kiss before dropping her off his laps. He then smacked her on the buttocks playfully before asking her to excuse them.

The policeman turned to look at the girl walking away and she eyed him mockingly. He turned again to look at Afo who's body was thrice of the girl's He shook his head in pity for the lady, wondering how bad she would scream when Big Afo starts banging her mercilessly.

'Miko' Afo hailed, extending a handshake to his guest.

'Afo' Miko replied unenthusiastically, still looking at the girl who was walking slowly away, rolling her buttocks in the process.

'Miko!' Afo hailed again and tapped his guest playfully on the shoulder. 'Do you want me to arrange an "opeke" like this for you"

'No' Miko shook his head in disagreement. 'I don't need that'

'Well, that's your problem' Afo brought out a cigarette and his lighter. 'Why have you come here in your uniform today?'

'There was no time for me to change before coming, I had to come like this'

'Okay, so what have you come here for?'

'What have I come here for?' The officer asked with a look of surprise on his face. 'Didn't we have an agreement?'

'What agreement?' Afo asked, blowing some smoke into the air.

'Come on Afo. Didn't I release a car and some uniforms to you today?'

'Oh! That?' Afo feigned surprise.

'Yes, I've come to get it. That's our agreement'

'Ermm... It's true. That's our agreement, but...'

'But what?' Miko was getting impatient.

'I still want to use it'

'No, I have to leave here with everything now' Miko disagreed boldly.

'Calm down Miko, I'll triple your money'

'It's not about money, I'll get into trouble if I don't return with them this evening'

'Then don't return at all' Afo said coldly.

'What do you mean?'

'Go somewhere else'

'No, I can't '

'You can'

'No, the police would find me anywhere I run to hide' Miko retorted.

'I know somewhere where they won't find you, I can help you get there'

'I'm not...' Miko couldn't complete his statement as a bullet sank into the back of his head.

'Take out the idiot' Afo commanded the same guy who shot from the back.

Afo took in another large amount of smoke as turned back. He picked out his phone and dialed a number. 'Mr. Dare'

'Afo' Dare answered from the other end.

'How far? Hope you'll keep to time, we are expecting you by 4pm like you said'

'No, I'm sorry' Dare sounded down. 'My Dad just called me, he wants me to meet with him after work immediately'

'It's okay, so should we still wait for you?'

'No please, drop the both of them'

'Alright'

'You can do that immediately, make sure that their death is slow and painful, especially for the man. And do make sure that their bodies are never found'

'Okay, I will ensure that' the call ended. Afo dipped the phone back into his pocket and finished the stick of cigarette before proceeding out of the uncompleted building.

+++++

'Come, let's get out of here' Henry motioned Evelyn who was already coming towards him. 

They locked hands and crossed over the dead body at the entrance of the room. They began to head back in direction of the main door, Henry leading the way and guiding her with his gun.

'I can't find them anywhere.' Henry and Evelyn paused as they got to the first room where they were tied before. The man who had gone to check the backyard was returning through the entrance. 

Henry cocked his gun, he made Evelyn to hide behind his body and got set to take down the approaching enemy. The door opened and the guy came in unsuspecting, a bullet entered into his chest immediately.

Henry jumped up and rejoiced with Tarasha as the second enemy fell flat. 'Let's get out of here now' he said to Tarasha who was looking indifferent.

They opened the door and began to run to the gate. The gate creaked, Evelyn and Henry paused in fear. Then the gate began to open slowly, a car was behind. Their fears were confirmed, Afo and his other men had returned.

... to be continued

Kindly drop your comments

Read latest episode here : www.youngicee..com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ipheyemmy01(m): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
That is the problem doing deals with criminals. If you perform well you are at risk, you fail to perform you are at risk, good for traitors police man. As for Henry and tarasha i know they will come out unscathed, and Henry will know what evelyn is made of. Good work bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
nice update o. kip it coming. buh u are taking too lng to update, why na

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.