Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (473416 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by virtuedagirl(f): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
This story is so nice &unique.Oyinprince keep d updates coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by lahrra(f): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Wow, I must confess u are really a great n talented writer, I enjoyed every bits of ur updates, am proud to say dat u wil go places n d sky is ur starting point. I couldn't comment on ur blog so I wil just do it here, in my own opinion I think Mallam Jefa is the same person as Danjuma, Tarasha's father. I hope am right tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
#following

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by STANCO31(m): 9:36am On Jan 25, 2016
Still waiting o o OYINPRINCE
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 11:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
Awwww... Oyin, dz suspence z getn much fa. Tnk u 4 dz wondaful update. U ar a genius

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by coolshegs10(m): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
lahrra:
Wow, I must confess u are really a great n talented writer, I enjoyed every bits of ur updates, am proud to say dat u wil go places n d sky is ur starting point. I couldn't comment on ur blog so I wil just do it here, in my own opinion I think Mallam Jefa is the same person as Danjuma, Tarasha's father. I hope am right tho.
...but d OP said he was murdered many years ago.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
TARASHA : CHAPTER ELEVEN PT 1

3pm

Afo continued to hit his revolver on his palm in a rhythmic manner as he revolved around the escaping captives. 'So what were you trying to do?' He shouted at them.

Evelyn clung to Henry's arm like a scared child. They were surrounded by four armed men who stared at them without pity.

'How did you cut the ropes and knock out those two guys?' Afo asked again, taking a look at each of his men. 'Or did they compromise?'

Afo moved closer to Henry and Tarasha. He placed his gun on Henry's nose and Henry froze in fear. 'You're brave right?' Afo continued to taunt. 'I would have killed you right now, but I'll take you inside first, for two reasons. First, I don't have a silencer here and secondly, I was ordered to make your death slow and painful'

He pushed Henry backwards on the nose with the gun and moved to Tarasha. 'Hmm...' Afo licked his lips wickedly. He placed the gun on her forehead and dragged it down her nose, lips to her neck. He then used his left hand to pull down her jacket's zip revealing her inner armless top. 'You seem to have a nice body' he said as he stared at the curves on her chest.

Afo dipped his hand in his pocket and picked out a knife. He placed it on Tarasha's top and began to cut it downwards.

Henry couldn't stand what his brain was communicating to him, this was the same thing he had seen some years ago and it was replaying again. His sister's clothes was torn on that fateful day with a knife too, but the difference was that his sister was held by two other men.

Then recognition hit him, he remembered Afo. Afo was also one of the men who had joined Dare in assaulting and murdering his sister back in the university. Hormones rushed into his brain, his eyes was filled with anger and his body vibrated as he tried to hold himself back

Afo was getting down to the breast level when Henry sent a blow to his hand, making the knife fall off.

All eyes turned to him. Afo smiled, surprised by his audacity. 'Bastard!' Afo cursed as he sent a blow to Henry's chest and followed it up by using the butt on his head. Henry lost consciousness immediately.

Afo smiled and turned back to Tarasha. She began to move backwards slowly like someone who was deeply terrified. Afo's boys formed a wall at her back to prevent her from further moment. The look on her face was like that of an helpless child.

'Please, I'll give you my body. Don't hurt me' she spoke in a pleading manner, trying to buy more time. 'Let's go inside and I'll submit myself to you'

'I don't need you to submit yourself or give yourself to me. I'm taking you by myself' Afo laughed wickedly.

He moved close to her and stretched his hand towards her torn inner top. She stopped him with her palm.

Surprisingly, he couldn't push further. It was as if the strength in the girls arm was equal to his own. He felt insulted and motioned his hand to slap her but she dodged. She bent down and delivered an uppercut to his groin. The huge man fell on one knee, wincing in pain.

Tarasha's defense of her self took Afo's men by surprise and before they could react properly Tarasha had driven a knife into the big Afo's right foot, sticking him to the ground and she was holding his neck with another knife close to it.

'His head would come down if anyone moves or cocks his gun' Tarasha gave a serious warning to Afo guys who were pointing a gun at her. Blood was already dripping from Afo's neck as the knife was so close to his skin.

Afo made signals to his men with his eyes, scared to talk and deepen the knife's entrance into his neck. His men gradually began to put down their guns.

'Good. Bring them over here' Tarasha motioned one of the guys to pack all the guys and drop the guns close to where she stood. 'Now remove every other weapon you have with you'

Afo's men raised up their hands in a surrendering fashion, trying to communicate that they had no other weapon with them. Tarasha stared at them for a moment, scrutinizing their pockets from her point.

'You' she signified to the one at the middle with her head. 'Take out that revolver behind your Jean'

The guy in the middle was shocked, he used his hand to beat his chest to confirm if she was really talking to him.

'Yes, Idio*t! Take out that revolver inside your trouser. The guy quickly loosened his belt and dipped in his hand to bring out the gun. He threw it where the other guns were and raised back his hands. 'Now, turn your backs' Tarasha ordered and the guns turned immediately.

'Okay...' She said, searching their bodies with her eyes. 'Take him into your car' she ordered them to lift Henry into the car.

'When you place him at the back, then drive the car down here' she ordered again, bending down to pick a gun.

She stared at them one after the other, she felt the urge to drop each of them. But no, it would only cause more problems. It may get her deeply involved with the police which she needed to avoid. The car was parked right beside her with Henry laid on the back seat. The driver came out and joined the rest of his men whose hands were raised up.

+++++++++++

3.20pm

Mallam Jefa was surprised at the manner at which the red car who had just driven into his neighbour's compound drove out of the gate recklessly. The car had just gotten to the front of his shop when it stopped and the new driver, a lady came out of the car. She turned round to check the tyres, the right back one was bad. She entered back into the car and drove off without bothering to change it

Jefa rubbed his eyes vigorously, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 'Have I seen that lady before?' He mumbled to himself as he walked out of his store and stood at the side of the road. His customers that were unattended to were already getting surprised at why he abandoned them to peep a car whose movement or owner wasn't his business.

'No, it... can't be' Jefa mumbled to himself again as his body vibrated all over. Urine began to pass out of his body involuntarily. He raced back into his store and hurriedly rolled out a bike.

'Mallam Jefa, what are you doing with my bike?' Someone shouted at him.

Jefa ignored and started the engine, he sped off immediately in the same direction the car went.

+++++

Sylvester arrived at the black gate in his car with two police vans at his back exactly by three thirty pm. The police officers jumped off immediately and some rushed to Mallam Jefa's store. Boys who were smoking, drinking and eating at the store began to run helter skelter to evade police arrest. The officers were able to capture quite a number of them.

Some officers had already launched into the building. The compound seemed empty but there were traces of blood and signs of a fight. Three officers proceeded into the building carefully. The saw a body laying face flat, lifeless on the floor. The body was turned upward and the police took note of the bullet sent into the chest.

'Is he?' One officer spoke in a very low voice to his companion.

The other replied in negative with a wave of the hand.

'I think the victim was previously tied up here' another officer said in a low voice, picking up the ropes. 'But it doesn't look like it was only one person who was tied up'

'Maybe this was also one of the victims' an officer suggested, pointing to the lifeless body with bullet in the chest.

'I hope not'. The officers began to proceed with caution into the others rooms in the building. Two other men were called to join them from outside the building. A loud groan startled them.

'Did you hear that?' An officer asked as the groan came again.

'Some people are surely inside this house and they're unaware of our presence.' The officers dispersed themselves into the other rooms with great determination to find the criminals.

+++++++

'Doc, you have to stop that treatment for now'  Audu, a long bearded stout man who was second in command to Afo spoke.

Afo who laid on the bed receiving treatment turned to Audu in surprise, demanding an explanation with the look in his eyes. Afo's neck injury which had cleaned but not bandaged made it difficult for him to turn his head. The Doctor also demanded an explanation.

'The police are around, they're in the main building and we could attract them here if we keep making loud sounds'

Afo nodded in agreement. The Doctor turned to Afo, 'would you try to maintain calm while I treat you?'

'What the hell is maintain calm?' Afo slammed at him as he tried to sit up. 'The injury is so painful, I can't keep quiet completely. We have to wait for the police to leave'

With that, the Doctor got up from the bedside, picked up his instruments and walked away.

Afo turned back to Audu. 'Is the underground door properly locked?'

'Yes, it is. The police would never notice that there's a door there' Audu replied confidently. 'I don't just want them to have a clue that there's an underground facility'

'That's right' Afo commented, getting up to his feet. He hopped in pain to the fridge and took out a bottle of water.

'You should have brought those idiots to this place' Audu spoke after watching Afo gulp down the whole contents of the bottle.

'I underestimated them' Afo replied with a tone of regret. 'I didn't expect such strength from a girl'

'It will be difficult to kill them now. They would be more careful and the police would also keep an eye on them'

'I know, we have to inform Dare to be careful' Afo picked up his phone and sat back on the bed. His phone rang before he could dial anything.

'Hello Dare, I was about to call you'

'Yes, how far Afo?' Dare's voice came cheerfully. 'Did you record their shouts and screams?'

'I'm sorry Dare, they escaped' Afo spoke in a pleading manner.

'They did what'

'They are also aware that you're behind this. So be careful please. I promise to make it up to you' Afo ended the call without waiting to hear another reply.

++++++

'What's that?' Jubril Lawal asked as he walked down the stairs of the duplex. Dare was unaware that his he raised his voice loud enough for someone else to hear.

'Nothing Dad, nothing.' Dare put on a fake smile and stood up to welcome his Dad.

'You're sure there's nothing wrong?' Dare nodded. 'Then who were you talking to?' Jubril pressed on.

Dare stared at his father, the unwillingness to answer the question was clearly seen on his face.

Jubril smiled. 'Don't worry son, you don't need to give me a reply, it's not my business anyways.'

Dare gave a forced smile.

'So how's work?' The father asked.

'Fine sir, how about yours?'

'Fine also' Jubril smiled again.

Dare was feeling uneasy. His Dad's smiles were unusual and getting too much. 'You said you wanted to see me'

'Yes son. It's my birthday next tomorrow and I've decided to organize a banquet' Jubril paused, allowing Dare to absorb the first part of the information. 'I'm inviting my friends and business partners. So I want you to work with Debo in organizing the banquet for me'

Dare found it hard to believe what he just heard. He was tempted to almost ask if his father was just marking a joke. 'You want to organize a banquet?' He asked softly.

'Yes son, what do you think?' Jubril Lawal paused and stared straight into his son's eyes.

... to be continued

Read next episode here:

http://youngicee..com/2016/01/tarasha-chapter-11-pt-2.html?m=1

4 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
lahrra:
Sorry... you're wrong. The answer has been revealed in the new update Thanks for trying.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
STANCO31:
Still waiting o o OYINPRINCE
its here...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by oghenekome51(f): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2016
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Am seriously loving dis story! I just pray dis jubril lawal case doesn't put tarasha in deep shit!

Oyinprince weldone gidigan o!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
As if i'm watchn film, vry gr8 nd interestn. Kip it up
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by STANCO31(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
[color=#550000]I need more post Oyiprince
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by damsity(f): 1:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Nice story! more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by STANCO31(m): 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Still waiting o o abeg o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 6:35am On Jan 30, 2016
3.45pm

Tarasha drove unusually slow, for three reasons. Firstly, she was sure that Afo and his guys weren't after them. The second reason was that she wasn't with her phone, it had been seized by Afo's men, so she had no GPS to find the right way home. The third and most important reason was Henry's unconsciousness, she could not hit the main road that way without confrontation from the police or other security officials.

Tarasha began to notice a bike trailing slowly behind them. Could it be one of Afo's men who was following them? She thought. Or was it just a coincidence.

Henry sneezed twice. Tarasha's heart was gladdened and she quickly brought the car to a halt at front of a Catholic cathedral.

'What... happened?' Henry managed to ask as he sat up. He placed a palm on his forehead as he was suffering from a serious headache.

'Some passersby came to our aid' Tarasha lied.

'Passersby? What about the police?' Henry asked, joining her at the front seat. He didn't wait for a reply before he continued. 'Did they do anything to you?' He asked taking Tarasha's palms in his.

'No' she replied with a smile.

'I'm sorry I couldn't protect you' Henry apologized with a sorry face but then, he noticed that Tarasha's attention was divided. She was looking into the front mirror. 'What's that?' Henry peeped to see what she was checking.

'Nothing' she covered up with a smile.

'Are they still following us?' Henry asked, undeceived by the smile.

Tarasha was not listening to him again, her eyes was on someone who was walking into the church compound beside them.

'Can you give me just a minute?' She said and opened the door. She stepped out in a hurry and followed into the cathedral's gate.

Tarasha opened the gate slowly and walked in. Her eyes did the searching work, she could see several Reverend sisters walking in and out of the church. She spotted the man who dropped from the bike previously trailing their car. Somewhere by the right side, the man was on the floor with his face buried in his knees. The statue of a mother carrying a baby was right in front of him. She could hear him sobbing as she got closer.

Jefa could feel her approaching, he could hear the silent footsteps in his mind. He knew she would come, his spirit told him so. He turned back to face her with tears in his eyes, their eyes met.

Tarasha could not understand what she felt as their eyes met. The man's eyes communicated so much longing, it seemed that he had just seen something he had been searching for ages. Tarasha's closed her eyes and shook her head to wave off the feeling, it could just be a tactic of the enemy. She dipped her hand into her pocket and it touched the knife as she moved closer. A hand touched her shoulder.

'Evelyn, what are you doing?' Henry asked, staring at the man weeping few metres in front of her.

'Nothing' she turned back to face him, wiggling her hair backwards.

'Let's go please' he took her hands in his and led her back.

'Are we going back to Elymax?' She asked.

'No' he gave her a surprised look. 'We'll go to the police station, then likely to the camera's security corps house'

Tarasha sighed and followed him reluctantly. 'I have a business deal to seal tomorrow'

Jefa sniffed in severally as he stared at them walking out. 'Do they work in Elymax?' He asked himself, as that was the only thing he got from their conversation. He got up from his knees slowly and followed after them outside the gate, ignoring the Reverend sister who was approaching him.

+++++

'How come you found no one there?' Sylvester barked at the officers. 'The signal leads us directly to this place'

'Maybe you should check again, the location may have changed' an officer suggested calmly.

'Or call the number' another officer offered.

'The number was not going through the last time I tried to call it' Sylvester said, attempting to dial the number again.

'Then you have to locate them again'

'It's connecting now' Sylvester announced, hushing everyone. He brought out another phone which he could use to determine the location immediately the call was answered.

'Mr Henry' Sylvester's eyes shone brightly as the call was answered. 'Where are you?' Sylvester asked, confirming the location on his second phone also. 'Just find somewhere safe and wait there, we'll meet you in ten minutes'

++++++

9pm

Mallam Jefa was still in his sober state when he returned to his store. His eyes were still full of tears as he walked in through the back door. Jefa noticed that there was no one in the store as he entered. All his goods were still intact except for some cups and plates that were displaced and found on the floor. That was unusual. He turned his gaze to the sitting area, it was sure from the look of things that his customers had left the place in commotion and panic. There were bottles of unfinished beer on the floor, unfinished food on the table, and packets of untouched cigarettes. Maybe a fight occurred, he thought. No, it couldn't be a fight. Some people would have stayed back after settling the fight. Whatever it was, Jefa was less concerned now. He had just found his long lost sister.

He let out a deep sigh as he sank into one of the visitors seat and thronged his head backwards. Omotara had not only maintained the same face she had when she was young, she also maintained the same manner of walking and voice. Only that everything now looked and sounded mature.

*** FLASHBACK ***

May 17, 2014

10pm

Jeffery watched in tears as their house razed in flames, the remains of his parents and two younger brothers burning in it. He and the remnant of his family were put in a large bus with several other kids in it, most of them weeping uncontrollably for the loss of their families too. The bus had no seats except for the driver's, so the kids were made to sit and lie on the ground.

Jeffery eyes met with his younger brother's where the boy was kept in the same section with his age mates. The lad, who was next after Omotara had no tears in his eyes like the other kids, he just stood still with his arms folded, mouth pouted and a mean face.

Jeffery, as the oldest son felt the need to protect the remaining two left of his younger ones, but how he will do that was a mystery to him. With the mean looking men in the bus with them, he wasn't even sure of where they were been taken to or what they were going to be used for.

Jeffery's eyes kept wandering around and he found Tara, seated on the floor and soaked in her tears. The blood stains on her clothes were visible and thick enough to make one throw up at the sight.

The bus entered a pothole and shook, some of the kids who were standing fell heavily to the floor. Soon, a rhythmic cry soon begun from the set of younger ones. The terrorists had no problem with the noise, the bus was sound proof.

Jerry was still standing, he didn't fall like the others, only a few staggers and he was back on his feet. Neither did he learn any lesson and decide to sit even when Jeffery was making signals for him to sit.

Jeffery got up and peeped through the window, a knock landed on his head, sending him back immediately. He held his head and winced in pain as he sat back on the floor. He glanced at one of his age mates who sat by his side and was pinching him. The look on the boys face was a question of what Jeffery saw outside.

'They've taken us out of town already' Jeffery whispered. 'But I don't know where they're taking us to'

After some minutes, the bus came to a halt and the door was opened. Two of the men standing in the bus with them stepped out. Soon, Jeffery could hear the men speaking to some others in Hausa language which he couldn't understand then.

The men returned into the bus after two minutes and began to usher out some of the kids. Jerry was one of the kids taken out of the bus. Jeffery stood up in panic and peeped through the window. The kids were being ushered into another bus, a smaller one.

'Kai' was all he heard as his head was hit by the butt of a gun. He began to see stars as he fell slowly to the floor, his eyes met with Omotara's eyes and then he blacked out.  That was the last time he saw his siblings.

He woke up several hours later to find himself laying on the floor in a room with other teenagers like himself. He struggled to sit up and glanced at their faces one after the other. He refrained from asking questions, it was obvious that they were all captives of the same terrorist group.

**PRESENT**

'Are you crazy?' A policeman stood at Jefa's front shouting.

Jefa looked up and found himself surrounded by six officers. 'What?' He asked.

'Are you Mallam Jefa, the owner of this store?'

'Yes'

'Your attention is needed at our station' the officer said as he brought the handcuffs forward
++++++

8am, next morning

Henry stretched and yawned like a new born baby on the bed. The event of the day before had weakened him so much that he had slept for almost twelve hours, something he had not done in years. He sat up and pressed the button beside the bed and the room was brightened by the white bulb. Henry's mouth opened in surprise as he looked around the large room. He had been too tired to notice how large and beautiful the room was when he was ushered in the last night. He never imagined that there was such a well furnished room in the corporation's quarters.

A phone rang on the stool beside the bed. He picked it up and checked the caller. It was an unsaved number. Who owned the phone and why was it by his side? He wondered. Maybe it was placed there for his use, he thought as he finally answered the call.

'Good morning Mr Henry' Sylvester's voice came through.

'Good morning sir' Henry replied.

'How was your night? Hope you're feeling better right now?'

'Yes, thanks. I'm feeling quite better'

'Alright, I called to inform you that some officers would come and pick you guys for medical check up in twenty minutes time and they'll likely ask you some questions about yesterday too'

'But... How will they come pick us for check up in thirty minutes time? I'm just waking up and I'm feeling very hungry now'

'Your bath water and breakfast has been prepared already. Go and inform your girlfriend about all I've said so that she can prepare too'

His girlfriend? Henry wondered as he got up from the bed. He knew that Sylvester was referring to Evelyn as his girlfriend and he smiled at the thought that people were already taking them to be lovers. He put on a shirt and a short and walked out of his room to the next room where Evelyn slept. He waved at the maids moving around as he faced the entrance of the room.

He let out a deep sigh before he rapped on the door and waited for a response. He knocked again after getting no response at the expected time, he leaned on the door and placed his ear to the door to listen if there was any movement in the room. He knocked again, this time louder. Could it be that Tarasha was still deeply asleep?

He placed his hand on the door knob and noticed that it was loose, a sign that the door was not locked. He turned it and opened the door slowly, poking his head in to peep. The room was neat and well kept but no one was in it. He walked further inside and closed the door behind. 'Evelyn' he called as he proceeded towards the bed. He checked the floor beside the bed, there was no sign of Evelyn. 'Evelyn, are you in?' He called again as he approached the restroom. He opened and entered into it, Evelyn was nowhere to be found. His heart began to beat faster as he proceeded out of the room.

'Has anyone seen Evelyn this morning?' He asked the maid cleaning up the living room.

'The lady you came in with last night?' The maid asked to be sure. Henry nodded. 'She should be in her room. She just woke up when I was mopping the passage'

'When was that?' Henry asked.

'About one hour ago, I saw her peeping outside through the door and I approached her to ask if she needed anything. She asked me to make her a cup of hot tea'

'Is that all?'

'Yes, I've not seen her since I made her tea.' The maid paused and placed a hand on her waist. 'Is she not in the room?' She asked with a raised eyebrow.

'Yes' Henry replied as he dialed a number on the phone with him. 'Join me check if she's around the house'

++++++

Tarasha adjusted her skirt properly in front of the mirror and brushed her hair backwards before putting on the suit jacket. She sat on the bed to put on the heeled shoes and got up to check the mirror again. She was looking smart and ready for the meeting.

Her plan was simple. Strike a deal with the man and make him take her to his cotton farm which she had already sent Benny and Cole to survey and fix several possible escape routes for her. She had made her investigation and found out that the only place Jubril Lawal went without his bodyguard and thugs was his farms. That was the best place to end the man's life without any struggle.

Tarasha sat back in the bed and placed her laptop on her lap, she opened it up and pressed the boot button. After the laptop came on, she opened her contact book and searched for Jubril's number dialing it on the phone she had taken from the maid's pocket in the camera's corporation house.

'Good morning Mr Jubril' she said as soon as the call was answered.

'Good morning Miss Evelyn' Jubril recognised her voice immediately. 'What happened to your line? I've been trying to reach you'

'I lost the phone, I had to borrow someone's phone to call you'

'Oh! Sorry about that'

'Thank you sir' Tarasha said, clearing her throat. 'I'll be on my way for our meeting in few minutes time, I just want to...'

'Humm...' Jubril interrupted. 'That's one of the reasons I've been trying to reach you. The meeting would no longer hold this morning'

Tarasha sighed loudly.

'I'm sorry but I sent something to your email since I couldn't reach you on phone. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm organizing a banquet in the evening. Let's meet there, maybe we can finalize our discussion immediately after the celebration'

'Okay' Tarasha seemed less enthusiastic. 'How do I attend?'

'Just check your email inbox, I've instructed my PA to forward every detail to you. I even asked him to organize a personal car that would bring you from your location to the venue'

'Oh! Thanks. I'll check my mailbox' Tarasha said and ended the call. She flung the phone on the bed and bent to take off her shoes. Then she fell back into the bed, thinking. Jubril Lawal's case had tarried for long, the banquet was going to be a perfect opportunity for her. She began to draw up plans in her mind. She wouldn't accept his transport plans, No. She would hire a car by herself and Cole would be the driver.

...to be continued

Visit www.youngicee..com for episodes

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
Still enjoying
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
Still enjoying
Weldon bruv
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by cutiepie25(f): 12:37am On Jan 31, 2016
Wow, nice story with a lot of suspense. Kip it up. Waiting for more updates pleaseee
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by ssphobia(m): 5:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
nice job bro.......more update plzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Uncleluke1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
With mallam Jefa in the picture nau, errytin wil b complicated for tarasha nau... and to even think dat she was going to kill him in the chapel
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 02, 2016
Have you voted for your Story of the month? No?

Hurry now

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award#42540235
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:07am On Feb 03, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 11 pt 3

By Young C.c
CLICK HERE to read all episodes and chapters
‘Evelyn is nowhere around ’ Henry said as he
walked back into the house with his search party.
‘Did you check the whole compound?’ the voice at
the other end asked.
‘Yes, I searched with the maids and the security
men’ Henry answered, motioning back towards
the room.
‘Okay, let me check what we have from the
cameras’ Sylvester said before hanging up.
Henry was about to enter into his room when he
looked at the door to Tarasha’s room and noticed
that the position had changed from how it was
left. He closed back the door and proceeded
towards the room. He touched the knob, it was
tight this time, it was locked. Had someone else
gone in? Henry knocked.
The door was opened in few seconds and Henry
was surprised to meet Tarasha still clothed in her
night gown. His mouth was left agape.
‘Good morning’ she greeted first, leaving the door
opened for him. She returned to the bed.
‘Where have you been?’ Henry walked in without
responding to her greeting. ‘We’ve been searching
for you everywhere’
‘I’ve been in this room’ Tarasha replied him,
unperturbed.
‘But I was here some minutes ago, I searc…’
‘Yes, you searched everywhere in the room and
also the restroom and you called my name
several times without getting a response’ Tarasha
interrupted.
‘Were you really in the room?’ Henry’s eyes
widened.
‘Why were you searching for me?’ Tarasha asked,
trying to change the topic.
A maid appeared at the entrance off the room,
peeping through the opened door. She seemed
surprise to see Tarasha.
‘Come’ Henry motioned her in. ‘Did you know she
was in?’
‘I told you I saw her earlier today and that she
should be in her room’
‘But I searched around and couldn’t find her’
Henry retorted. He turned to Tarasha, ‘were you
really in the room?’
‘Yes’ Tarasha answered bluntly. ‘I was in the
restroom, meditating’
‘Meditating?’ Henry repeated, still finding it hard
to believe.
‘Yes, that’s why I couldn’t answer you, you don’t
speak to anyone in the process’
‘Meditating? The Hindu way?’
‘Kind of’ Tarasha smiled.
‘That’s strange’ Henry frowned. ‘I thought you
were not religious at all’
‘Ermm…’ Tarasha stammered. ‘But I do believe in
meditation, it helps to calm the soul’
‘Mr Henry’ someone called from outside, diverting
their attention. ‘The police officers are here to
pick you’
‘You have to dress up and prepare, we are going
for medical check-up’ Henry said to Tarasha as
he left the room. The door was closed.
‘Thanks for your help’ Tarasha smiled at the
maid.
‘No problem’ the maid smiled back.
‘Here’s your phone’ Tarasha said handing her a
cellphone.
‘Alright, so when are you going to see me?’ The
maid demanded for her payment as she took
back her phone.
‘Humm…’ Tarasha stood up and dipped her hand
into her pocket, like someone who was searching
for money. Suddenly she grabbed the maid by the
neck and injected a fluid into the maid’s arm. The
maid fell down unconscious immediately. Tarasha
dragged the body into the restroom and laid her
on the floor, she brought out some money and
stuck it into the maid’s pocket before leaving the
restroom. The maid had been injected with benryl
and would forget everything that happened in the
last two hours by the time she woke up.
**12pm
Henry continued to steal glances at Tarasha as
they headed for the police station to take don
their statement. The officer who drove the car
drove slowly thereby prolonging the journey and
the moment of silence between Henry and
Tarasha.
Henry’s phone disrupted their peace. ‘Hello’ Henry
answered the incoming call.
‘I couldn’t find anything on the tapes’ Sylvester
said with a note of tiredness after being asked
several times by Henry to check and cross check
again.
‘Don’t bother, I didn’t check well, she was in the
restroom’ Henry said, stealing a glance at
Tarasha, their eyes met.
‘So why were you now disturbing me to cross
check several times?’ Sylvester asked angrily.
‘Erm…’ Henry stammered. He couldn’t give an
answer as he did not want Evelyn to get the
impression that he was doubting her.
Tarasha gave a short smile which later turned
into a frown. She understood his trick but was
not bothered. It was just a day left for her to
complete her mission and she would disappear
from him and from Abuja. She’ll kill him
immediately if he happens to resurface anytime
or tries to cause trouble for her.
‘Oh!’ Henry exclaimed as Sylvester reminded him
of the job he was supposed to give a report for
by the next day. ‘Thanks for helping me start the
job. I’ll report to the office once we leave the
police station’
The drive to Division A lasted for fifteen minutes
more. Evelyn and Henry were ushered into the
station immediately. After taking down a written
statement, they were ushered into another office
for interrogation.
The interrogator, an officer in his early thirties
walked into the room carrying a tablet device in
his hands.
‘Hi, I’m officer Ken ’ He introduced himself,
shaking the hands of the duo. ‘You’re Henry and
Evelyn, right?’ The two nodded in agreement. ‘I
want you guys to tell us all you know so that we
can nab those criminals’ Ken continued, checking
through his device for the list of questions he
already compiled. ‘How were you taken?’ He
began.
Henry started first. He explained how the
kidnappers had dressed like policemen and come
to arrest him with a fake Identity card, he also
explained how they made him lead them to
Evelyn. After him, Tarasha also gave her own
account of the abduction.
Several other questions were asked after that and
henry and Tarasha took turns to reply each
question, most times individually.
‘Who were those that you say helped you?’ Ken
asked one of his final questions.
‘The kidnappers let us go’ Tarasha said,
surprising Henry.
‘They released you and gave you the car to leave
with?’
‘Yes, I believe that they were ordered by the
person who sent them. They released us after a
big man entered and spoke in Hausa language to
them’
‘Hmm…’ Ken sighed as he took down notes.
Henry was staring at Tarasha in surprise. She
had told him that passersby helped them and not
that they were freed by the kidnappers
themselves.
‘The man was somewhat like a boss to them’
Tarasha quickly added. ‘He entered into the
compound violently so I first thought that they
were just passersby who heard our screams
outside. It was later I realised that they were of
the group’
Henry became calmer after Tarasha’s explanation
but she still had some explanations to do to him.
Why didn’t she tell him the whole story?
Ken gave a signal to one of the junior officers
standing beside him. The junior officer nodded
and left through the back exit. He returned in two
minutes time with Mallam Jefa.
‘Was this man a part of the kidnappers?’
‘No’ Henry answered. He stared at Tarasha’s face
for confirmation.
‘No, he isn’t’ Tarasha confirmed, staring at the
man who she remembered was trailing behind
them as they escaped.
‘Okay, you can process his release’ Officer Ken
said to the junior officer.
‘Please, I have something to say’ Jefa shouted as
the junior officer tried to take him away.
All eyes focused on Jefa. ‘Bring him back’ Ken
said. Mallam Jefa was returned back to his
position. ‘Yes, what do you want to say?’
Tears formed in Jefa’s eyes as he opened his
mouth to begin. He let out a deep breath.
... to be continued

Read new update here www.youngicee..com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:13am On Feb 03, 2016
hi guys. I'm posting this from a borrowed phone. My device is faulty. Updates (both on blog and NL) would continue after repair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Sageez(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
I was begining to wounder why the update is very short. Well, wish your phone a quick recovery
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Uncleluke1(m): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kai.. Make mallam jefa no go Bleep up o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by CRaIziee(f): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Wow! I tink its tym I come out of hiding!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by haryodejy(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
DandyPearl:
Whew! Finally caught up with ya'all. I had wanted to silently read and non-humanly run away but my conscience wouldn't let me. Nice piece of work you got going on here. Kudos oyin. Donkross1 and calmdove you guys henn. Missmossy I see you're here also.
exactlymy conscience wont let me read dis and run. .OP I doff my hat for u
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Niwdog(m): 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mallam jeffa want to spoil show for my tarasha

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Osman1996(m): 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Oyin congratulation for winning
Story of the month January
More blessing
Great days ahead

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ann2612(f): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Congrats Oyin u really deserves it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
He won he won he won.........hurray!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by saraphina(f): 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
congratulations

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.