Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Teaching Profession - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Teaching Profession (898 Views)

Man Shares How His Wife Who Is An Architect Suffers Sexism In Her Profession / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Meet The Lady Who Takes Painting As A Profession (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Profession by ONESS: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dear nls I need a comprehensive teaching plan from the honourable teachers in the house.
Re: Teaching Profession by Maxun: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
Pls anybody with information regarding sunshine high school current salary structure for teachers with b.sc degree
Re: Teaching Profession by Oluwatosin27(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
Pls op I studied Educational Technology from a reputable University here in Nigeria, with 2.2 and to be frank with you I don't like teaching and I don't want to teach as well. Pls I want to know what's my chances of getting a Federal Govt Job without d teaching job. Thank and pls also I want the whole house to contribute to this pls. Thank You.
Re: Teaching Profession by Amazingmeroses: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Oluwatosin27:
Pls op I studied Educational Technology from a reputable University here in Nigeria, with 2.2 and to be frank with you I don't like teaching and I don't want to teach as well. Pls I want to know what's my chances of getting a Federal Govt Job without d teaching job. Thank and pls also I want the whole house to contribute to this pls. Thank You.

Have you tried remote jobs?

REMOTE TEACHING - https://amazingmeroses..com/2021/08/sample-script-for-esl-teaching.html

Since the Covid epidemic began, a lot of job seekers have sought remote jobs. Adverts on different professions are all over the place. When applying for a teaching job, especially a remote one, you might be asked to make a short introduction video. It could seem quite daunting, especially, if you are not acquainted with such. It is not difficult. You do not have to be an orator to achieve this. You are not expected to create a script of 1000 words. The length of the video will depend on the number of words. The video is usually between 2 - 5mins, so 200 - 300 words would do. Remember to smile while shooting the video. Don’t be too serious. You do not need to memorise the script. It is supposed to guide you and streamline your script.

Here are a few tips to guide you in writing the script.

l Introduce yourself. You could begin with a greeting, your name, and what you do.

l Talk about your interests. Do not exaggerate or lie to make yourself look good. Your interest could be nature, photography, volunteer work, travel, etc.

l Explain why you love teaching.

l What students should expect to get from your class.

l Convince the students or listener to choose you.

Take a look at the example below.

Good day, my name is Sean. I reside in Lagos, Nigeria. I am a graduate of English Education. I teach language arts, and I have been a teacher for over six years. I have experience with teaching students in elementary, middle and, high school. I enjoy reading novels and comics. Although I have access to many eBooks, I prefer to get the hard copy, especially the hardcover, which is usually more expensive than the paperback.

As an English Language teacher, I teach grammar, reading and comprehension, spelling and research skills, writing and its mechanics, and speech work. I love teaching because it gives me a chance to see how kids see the world. Through language arts and reading lessons, I can share the knowledge I have with students. Teaching is not tiresome. Every class, every class is different despite the routine. I create a conducive atmosphere where students can relate with me comfortably. I love to hear their feedback and questions, and I go out of my way to address their concerns.

I had an autistic pupil in my class for a year. It gave me great satisfaction to see him comprehend what was taught, interact with his peers and, become less dependent. I constantly learn from students because learning never stops.

Join me on this learning journey. You will be glad to have me as your teacher. Thank you.

Take note of the following:

l Remember to shoot the video in a bright environment.

l Ensure that the camera is stable.

l Your background should not be dull but it should not be too colourful so that it does not distract the listener from you

(1) (Reply)

Skill Acquistion In Gsm & Laptop Repair / You Want To Have Proficient ICT Skills? / Advice On Industrial /automation Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.