Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:51 PM

Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? (2866 Views)

I,am Loving Him, He Is Loving Her / Am I Selfish Or She Is Greedy? / Am I Confused, Selfish Or Just Being Unreasonable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2009
when u fall in love, is it out of being selflessly concerned about the person of selfishly concerned about urself?
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by oluwafemi113(m): 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
not really
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Genuine(m): 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2009
I've met 2 or 3 very selfish girls in my time and it was not nice, i think love should be about being selfless
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by vanderjo(m): 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2009
@poster,
it should be selfless but can hardly get it nowadays
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by yme1(f): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2009
okay i will get back to you @poster let me go and find out
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by kokoye(m): 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2009
U need to be in love with yourself first before you can give it out to someone else.

You cannot give what you dont have.
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by ilaugh1: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2009
each time i fall in love, i have my eyes glued on the moda foking pussy.
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by banom(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2009
sirnbolo:

when u fall in love, is it out of being selflessly concerned about the person of selfishly concerned about urself?

Love is what i use to confuse Ladies in other to take them to bed
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by yme1(f): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2009
kini

@banom

gigolo master,take time before love finally catches up with you
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by ademidun(f): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2009
Love is a combination of both selflessness and selfishness, sometimes or most times u want that person only to urself and u dont want anyone to be with them. Some would say I would rather he be dead than to be with anyone other than me, psychotic a little. But in my opinion when you love someone as in really love them in a romantic and on a friendship level you would want the person to be happy and doing well even if you rent whats best for them. In the selfless aspect you would give your last or go out of your way in order to help the person you love.
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by tope2000(f): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2009
ademidun:

Love is a combination of both selflessness and selfishness, sometimes or most times u want that person only to urself and u dont want anyone to be with them. Some would say I would rather he be dead than to be with anyone other than me, psychotic a little. But in my opinion when you love someone as in really love them in a romantic and on a friendship level you would want the person to be happy and doing well even if you rent whats best for them. In the selfless aspect you would give your last or go out of your way in order to help the person you love.

well said wink
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by popegirl(f): 7:06am On Apr 02, 2009
kokoye:

U need to be in love with yourself first before you can give it out to someone else.

You cannot give what you dont have.

correct
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Czarskit(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2009
~ For Love to exist, there has to be a balance between a Selfless Lover & a Selfish Partner. In my case, I'm the Selfless Lover. . . cry
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Bolddy(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2009
i think the question is what is love?, and Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Sissy3(f): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2009
nowadays love is more selfishness than selflessness
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 02, 2009
sissy, u no get work? you are on every thread
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by alex406(m): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2009
Its all about the kind of person you are dealing with,at times you find it extremely difficult to be selfless,that is when you want the person to yourself alone,you'll agree with me that there are some ladies that can kill themselves when they catch their guy with another lady,but when it comes to being selfless,it all has to do with the combination of the lovers,where they cant do without each other.
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Omolola1(f): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2009
Don't know
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Udode(f): 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2009
Selfish of course, and if there is only a little bit of selflessness in it - than that is also selfish - because the only reason the selflessness is there is because one wants the selflesness to grow fruits!
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by AmAlone: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2009
Wao!! BORING. embarassed

Fact is you've got the point all wrong.
And us in the bracket.
The Question atleast should be: What Is Love

love is not Selfish
and Is not selfless
It is as rear as a unicorn
many of what we call love are infantuations
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2009
Love is Selfish because u don't want another KokOMaster/KokOLeT to taste the SweeT KokO's u transfer via each other! thats KoKO ImaginaTioN! grin
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by IFELEKE(m): 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
ademidun:

Right on Point.
Fallen In Love starts with a selfish feeling of absolute possession and it gains durability through selfless acts.
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by denony(m): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2009
which ever shocked
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by CrazyMan(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2009
Love is neither selfish nor selfless; if you make the mistake of being selfish or selfless in any relationship, then you’re bound to get hot.

True love is more like an advanced friendship, you must take your time to understand your partner so you two can get on well; and you must note that not every guy/girl you see with your partner is actually dating him/her.
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by luxoire(f): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2009
you need to be selfish to be selfless.

you need to look after yourself and your wants and know that they are being met/satisfied by the other person, before you can actively start looking out for them and trusting that they do the same for you.

it is a simple concept where there is mutual trust, understanding and genuine belief that you both look after yourselves and each other.

so YES IT IS SELFISH - but out of that comes SELFLESSNESS

that is my take on it - i believe you can not love/understand another until you have truly loved/understood yourself.

these days love is like the most abused word and is not appreciated - but it is gift from God that should be nurtured in peace with the harmony of honesty and understanding (somethings some ppl find hard to grasp and understand)
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by dennylove(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2009
olden day love na BUMPER to BUMPER,but now adays love na DO ME I DO YOU,MAN NO GO VEX. cheesy grin sad angry shocked cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by ty4eva(f): 4:38am On Apr 09, 2009
Love,
It is selfless, when you pledge love to someone, it means being dead to yourself and be alive to the other person. Love is unconditional, it is not proud, it does not envy. When love becomes slefish then it is no longer love, Show love to someone today, it does not necessarliy have to be someone of the opposite sex.
[color=#770077][/color] lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by C2H5OH(f): 6:28am On Apr 09, 2009
in love with yourself? haha grin grin narcissistic bastard.

anyway, i think it's a bit of both.
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by ayobase(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2009
To hell with what they call love.
Love?
Lets play the game ni oo!

U no wetin I don see ni!
Re: Is Loving Selfish Or Selfless? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2009
C2H5OH:

in love with yourself? haha grin grin narcissistic bastard.

anyway, i think it's a bit of both.
grin grin grin grin

denony:

which ever shocked
Gbam!!

@post
ZZZZZZZZZ

(1) (Reply)

. . . . . And That Was How I Lost My Eighth Lover Because Of Intimacy Palaver! / What's With Guys And Bad Wrist Watches? / For Nairaland Girls Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.