Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Nollywood "Osuofia" Advises Buhari On What To Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nollywood "Osuofia" Advises Buhari On What To Do (683 Views)

Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / Buhari Should Be Serious With Nollywood - Osuofia Pleads / Osuofia Ndigbo Visits VP Osinbajo In Aso Rock Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood "Osuofia" Advises Buhari On What To Do by Dynamiceagle(f): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nollywood legend, Nkem Owoh, popularly known as ”Osuofia,” on Friday advised President Muhammadu Buhari to formulate favourable policies for the Nigerian movie industry that would enable the industry contribute to Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
The veteran actor who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria, said Nollywood is capable of contributing to Nigeria’s economic development effectively if the industry is given all the necessary support it requires by government.
He also charged the government to pay attention to the issue of piracy bedeviling the industry, adding that the activities of pirates has seriously affected the film industry.
He said: “I will want the three tiers of government to put their viewfinders toward Nollywood since they have recognised that Nollywood helps in the per capita income of the country.
“I feel that they are not paying enough attention to the movie industry. So, let them give us policies that will make this industry stand and defend this country.
“I feel the movie industry is thriving and we are contributing our quota to the economic advancement of the country which makes me very, very happy.
“Since we are not relegated to the background, we will continue to strive harder in the development of the country in general. So I am happy to be a member of the Nollywood and see the improvement in Nollywood for now.’’
He hailed the quality of movies the industry is churning out now, saying the partnerships between Nollywood producers and their counterparts abroad is paying off, because of the easy accessibility the internet creates.
He said: “When they say it (the world) is a global village; you expect people of common interests from the different countries of the world to come together. And with the help of internet, we have been moving together and the synergy has been very encouraging.’’
Meanwhile, controversial Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has finally gotten married . She secretly married her boyfriend, Churchill Oladunni yesterday in a traditional wedding in Port Harcourt.

Source: TalkofNaija

Re: Nollywood "Osuofia" Advises Buhari On What To Do by SeverusSnape(m): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
One chance
Re: Nollywood "Osuofia" Advises Buhari On What To Do by GeniusHawlah(m): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
E fit be joke o cheesy
Re: Nollywood "Osuofia" Advises Buhari On What To Do by whitestar01(m): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
Osuofia that is for the interest of de industry I guess.
Re: Nollywood "Osuofia" Advises Buhari On What To Do by WailingWailer00(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
This man would be a better president than the dullard

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking! Buhari Urges Nigerians To Locate Missing Port Harcourt Land! / Nothing Good Can Come Out Of Nigeria / Nigeria: Credible Evidence That Pro-biafrans Are Targeted By Police Says Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.