Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,428 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:15 PM

5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship (28068 Views)

8 Red Signs You Should Lookout For Before Taking That Girl To The Altar / Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) / Five Abusive Words You Should Not Say To Her, No Matter What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by omogidi234(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2015
That Vector's quote is funny
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by phaphyz05(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2015
We waz here #me n my phone
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Nnamdig2(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by phaphyz05(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2015
We waz here #me n myself
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2015
Only a semi-reta*rd will be oblivious of these things
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by damilareoye: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2015
Hummmm
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by freecocoa(f): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2015
chymystique:
Hi! Am Anastasia Steele comes to mind.

#50shades cool
Was Anastacia abused?
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by braine(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2015
My SO feels this way, but I am not abusive.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Truckpusher(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't agree with no 5 and 2 totally.

Some people are just insecure no matter what you do, also someone being depressed doesn't have to be the fault of a partner, like some other issues besides relationship matters can't cause depression.
Op is on point.
Number 1 and 4 can give birth to the other factors mentioned in number 5 and 2.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Weydemzy(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] truly some of what you said are reall why, some are sentimental..
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 31, 2015
I LOVE THAT PHYSCOLOGICAL TRAUMA WERE BY YOU BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HER AND LATER APOLOGZIE TO HER WITH SWEET SWEET WORDS AND DID THESAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN grin grin grin

NAIJA WOMEN KIND OF LOVE IT. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by chymystique(f): 10:41am On Aug 31, 2015
freecocoa:
Was Anastacia abused?

Yes she felt and was abused till she UNDERSTOOD Christian's sexual preference.. ie if you ve read the book triology.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by nkemdi89(f): 10:43am On Aug 31, 2015
freecocoa:
Was Anastacia abused?
She was seriously abused infact the man was too selfish and controlling he even he reduced her to a domestic animal. I won't blame him because he is a young rich man and he knows he can get any girl he wants.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by sandracoopert(f): 10:43am On Aug 31, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by freecocoa(f): 10:43am On Aug 31, 2015
Truckpusher:
Op is on point.
Number 1 and 4 can give birth to the other factors mentioned in number 5 and 2.
He didn't state that in his premise, now did he?

He gave a list of reasons, independent of each other, no?
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Truckpusher(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2015
freecocoa:
He didn't state that in his premise, now did he?

He gave a list of reasons, independent of each other, no?
Sometimes you need to look at things from another perspective and think outside the box ,after all our brain wasn't designed to function as a one way traffic.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by freecocoa(f): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2015
chymystique:

Yes she felt and was abused till she UNDERSTOOD Christian's sexual preference.. ie if you ve read the book triology.
I haven't read the trilogy but from what I know, she knew what she was getting into, no?
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by nkemdi89(f): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2015
Others are you will start dropping weight because of the pressure you put on yourself to make the relationship work, loss of appetite and inadequate sleep. Telemondo will be your worst channel as a woman cos anything about romance and love will immediately trigger negative emotion towards you.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by freecocoa(f): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2015
Truckpusher:
Sometimes you need to look at things from another perspective and think outside the box ,after all our brain wasn't designed to function as a one way traffic.
Dude, when issues like this come up, there's nothing like thinking outside the box or making assumptions, one has to be extremely careful when abuse is the subject.

Or are you saying am wrong about people just being insecure and depressed without their partners contributing to that?
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Felixitie(m): 10:51am On Aug 31, 2015
NLANDERS, jollificate with me. Today is my birthday,,give me just 100 likes.
Cheers
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by freecocoa(f): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2015
nkemdi89:

She was seriously abused infact the man was too selfish and controlling he even he reduced her to a domestic animal. I won't blame him because he is a young rich man and he knows he can get any girl he wants.
How is it the man's fault if a young girl who isn't being held against her will, decides to stay because of his money or whatever?
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by litetias(m): 10:55am On Aug 31, 2015
You are right.

However it has to be pointed out that modern relationships have a little bit of all the 5 points you noted, since love is no longer a part of relationships anymore rather self-preservation, distrust, secrecy, doubt, unfaithfulness, materialism and lack of romance.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by 400billionman: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2015
Mental and Emotional abuse is the worst, nobody sees it and it can hardly be reported or acted upon.

Some ladies are experts at mental and emotional abuse..
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by nkemdi89(f): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2015
freecocoa:
How is it the man's fault if a young girl who isn't being held against her will, decides to stay because of his money or whatever?
That's the emotional and mental part of abuse we are talking about, he didn't force her even if she feels like there is this double she was trying all her best to please while he doesn't even care about her own feelings. He was giving her both physical and emotional torture.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Truckpusher(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2015
freecocoa:
Dude, when issues like this come up, there's nothing like thinking outside the box or making assumptions, one has to be extremely careful when abuse is the subject.

Or are you saying am wrong about people just being insecure and depressed without their partners contributing to that?
There is no subject matter that can't be subjected to some form of open intelligent assumptions where it matters.

You were totally right with what you posited but again if I decide to juggle the list and place those ones above the ones you faulted then you can agree with me that op was right after all.

A partner that constantly abuses you emotionally and psychologically can reduce your self worth and bring you into a state of low self esteem and this alone is enough to cause some form of mild depression.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by adedayourt(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2015
You are being denied your bedroom right
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by 400billionman: 11:11am On Aug 31, 2015
doublewisdom:
She denies you intimacy when you need it the most! That is the worst form of abuse!

Agreed..

I remember one naughty girl that will tell me what direction to take when driving only when I have already entered another route. Yet she does not know which one is brake pedal or accelarator.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by freecocoa(f): 11:11am On Aug 31, 2015
nkemdi89:

That's the emotional and mental part of abuse we are talking about, he didn't force her even if she feels like there is this double she was trying all her best to please while he doesn't even care about her own feelings. He was giving her both physical and emotional torture.
I agree gray's method is twisted but I don't understand how it's abuse, if Ana gave consent.

She could've walked away but didn't.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2015
Who engage in abusive affair these days?once my partner presence start making me feel tense,hmmm think i will quickly step out,talk of depression,dnt think that is true though.
Re: 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship by ayocool(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2015
I recently just survived each and every and even more from a Narcissist. Opelope adura !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Let A Guy Suck You During Sex? / Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? / 4 Things That Could Trigger Breakup Amongst Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.