Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. (17627 Views)

Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House / Wall Finishes -3d Panels, Wallpapers, Painting Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:44am On Aug 31, 2015
Hello all,
We are handling the finishing stages of a Nairalander's home but all jobs are in stages because that's what the client wants.

Its a 2 units of 3 bedroom flat with length of 24.5m x 10.7m.

First stage is roofing.
Duration- 7days.
Budget - 1,150,000

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 2:59am On Aug 31, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Hello all,
We are handling the finishing stages of a Nairalander's home (@nycobama) but all jobs are in stages because that's what the client wants.

First stage is roofing.
Duration- 7days.
Budget -

Nice, but I hope you guys can give us the actual cost later. Thanks.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 31, 2015

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 5:18am On Sep 01, 2015
Day 1- Sawmill chilling. Waiting for environmental sanitation to be over.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2015
I buy the wood in bulk then cut into desires sizes. This method helps to save cost and also helps to ensure that sizes are accurate.

For example, when you buy a 2x4 already cut wood in the market, its usually 1.5 x 3.5 or 1.8 x 3.8.. I know this trick cos we kinda grew up with it.
But not everyone has time to go through this buying and cutting stress..

1 Share

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
mufutau55:

Nice, but I hope you guys can give us the actual cost later. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Yes. I will do that once I get permission.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by ifyalways(f): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Yes. I will do that once I get permission.
Please do.

You can remove the clients name in your first post so it will be anonymous.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
You can see the straight fine wood being assembled for counting

2nd pic: You can see our waiting truck..

1 Share

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
ifyalways:

Please do.

You can remove the clients name in your first post so it will be anonymous.

Done. Thank you
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by kopell: 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
KolaShangOne:
You can see the straight fine wood being assembled for counting

2nd pic: You can see our waiting truck..
What is the name of this wood, why do they look lighter in color. Can you please explain in Lay Man terms the advantage and the disadvantages of heavy stronger woods and lighter weight strong woods
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by smiley001(m): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
@ KolaShangOne sir: The Ibadan Lord.
Keep it up sir.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by palserltd: 12:13am On Sep 02, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Hello all,
We are handling the finishing stages of a Nairalander's home but all jobs are in stages because that's what the client wants.

First stage is roofing.
Duration- 7days.
Budget -

For your Aluminium & Glass systems (windows, doors, roofing, shower stalls, partitions, etc.) see our profile here https://www.nairaland.com/2547536/aluminium-glass-systems-windows-doors
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 6:53am On Sep 02, 2015
kopell:
What is the name of this wood, why do they look lighter in color. Can you please explain in Lay Man terms the advantage and the disadvantages of heavy stronger woods and lighter weight strong woods

The name of the wood is Itara or simply Ita. Its one of expensive hardwood and I prefer it because of its aesthetics. Its fineness..
Its light in complexion grin but looks lighter in colour because of camera edit I had to do to re-size the picture. You will see it better later on.

The facial is Melina, The wallplate is Ayin and Pepe, the nothing wood is Ogbogbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 7:04am On Sep 02, 2015
@smiley001 grin grin
@palserltd I'm sure my Oga can see your advert.

@kopell I use a combination of both lightweight n heavyweight hardwood. I like my wallplate to be heavyweight because the whole roof rests on it before being transmitted to the building walls.

Now for houses such as this one with No columns, after the wallplate, I prefer to use light hardwood because it reduces the deadload the building has to carry. And with the strength of our sandcrete blocks in Nigeria, its better not to overlaid your house with heavyweight wood.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2015
palserltd:

For your Aluminium & Glass systems (windows, doors, roofing, shower stalls, partitions, etc.) see our profile here https://www.nairaland.com/2547536/aluminium-glass-systems-windows-doors

How much is 0.45 longspan and how many yrs warranty?
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by kopell: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
KolaShangOne:
@smiley001 grin grin
@palserltd I'm sure my Oga can see your advert.

@kopell I use a combination of both lightweight n heavyweight hardwood. I like my wallplate to be heavyweight because the whole roof rests on it before being transmitted to the building walls.

Now for houses such as this one with No columns, after the wallplate, I prefer to use light hardwood because it reduces the deadload the building has to carry. And with the strength of our sandcrete blocks in Nigeria, its better not to overlaid your house with heavyweight wood.
Thank a lot very interesting.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Agreed 1000% Boss. Houses with no pillars, the roof rests on the concrete blocks for support, so the easy on the weight, the better.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by palserltd: 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
KolaShangOne:

How much is 0.45 longspan and how many yrs warranty?

Just give us a call or an sms for that. We will glad to provide answers to all your inquiry. Thanks.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:06am On Sep 03, 2015
Truck loaded and we ready to roll.. wink

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by ifyalways(f): 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
palserltd:

Just give us a call or an sms for that. We will glad to provide answers to all your inquiry. Thanks.

Na you waka enter thread without invitation to advertise your product and market yourself. Now, a prospectitive client is asking for a quote, and your answer is to call or/and sms. Why then did you bring your advert here

Why are u guys always hiding the cost of your services and y'all most times claim you offer the best price,quality yada yada .

9 Likes

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
Following the truck bumper to bumper..

Because, these artisans ain't loyal.. grin

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Arrival on site..

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by kopell: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
KolaShangOne:
You have to do whatever necessary to get value for your client money. I fill you !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by smiley001(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
KolaShangOne:

dis is good.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by palserltd: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
ifyalways:

Na you waka enter thread without invitation to advertise your product and market yourself. Now, a prospectitive client is asking for a quote, and your answer is to call or/and sms. Why then did you bring your advert here

Why are u guys always hiding the cost of your services and y'all most times claim you offer the best price,quality yada yada .

Thanks for your concern. God bless.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 6:09pm On Sep 03, 2015
KolaShangOne:

I don't blame you... those timbers can walk/fly away sometimes, even on a moving vehicle.

Hajji M.
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Milikiman: 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
In relative to da market price plz gv da price quote for us to know how much u Av save.ya cut to size price vs real market price.and ao much is da price of da plank b4 cutting
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
kopell:
You have to do whatever necessary to get value for your client money. I fill you !!!!

Yes o Oga mi..
And because this roofing is "budget". I can't afford for one single plank to 'borrow leg'.. E go affect budget.

mufutau55:

I don't blame you... those timbers can walk/fly away sometimes, even on a moving vehicle.
Hajji M.

Will Willy things.. Somebody will now get to site and be looking like GEJ in the pic below.. Like, how come? How e take happen? Abi I no dey see well? grin

4 Likes

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by kopell: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Yes o Oga mi..
And because this roofing is "budget". I can't afford for one single plank to 'borrow leg'.. E go affect budget.

Will Willy things.. Somebody will now get to site and be looking like GEJ in the pic below.. Like, how come? How e take happen? Abi I no dey see well? grin
Magic dey that place Ooo with most of this workers. I bege no look like our former Oga, way no no how all the money dey waka from NNPC acct. He seat in the big house, him boys the tell am say everything is well, and the money just waka waka go people acct. no vex my former presido.

1 Like

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by mufutau55(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
KolaShangOne:

CLUELESS!!!! I like that name. wink

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by Optionalx: 12:06am On Sep 04, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Abeg what is cost of 12x1 plank and bamboo for roofing and where I fit but electrical materials. Thks
Re: Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. by KolaShangOne(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
Milikiman:
In relative to da market price plz gv da price quote for us to know how much u Av save.ya cut to size price vs real market price.and ao much is da price of da plank b4 cutting

Its a trade secret..
Not telling.
But you can save between 50-100,000 using this method.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HOUESES AND LANDS AVAILABLE AT ROYAL HAVEN GARDEN MOWE OFADA! / Lagos Warns Against Drilling Boreholes Without Licence, Permit / Construction Of A 3bedroom Bungalow Somewhere In Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.