Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. (25412 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
G
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by lekjons(m): 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
wetin cosign me!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Chillinmasoul(m): 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
Tecno is scam because of update? You're very sick! sad...smh

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by allanphash7(m): 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
My samsung Note 4 Rocks
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by AwesomeRomeo: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by slye(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:
My lay - man's opinion on some issues raised in this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2562826/why-never-use-tecno-phones

That your brand of Tecno can't be upgraded OTA is not enough to say it is a scam. Samsung galaxy note 3 and galaxy S5 were the first and only two phones (not sure though) that came with USB 3.0. But the succeeding galaxy note 4 was launched with USB 2.0 -a downgrade. Will it be said that Samsung is a scam?

You dumped Tecno for Infinix? grin grin grin
You are still where you were. Are both of them not MTK devices? They are! They use mediatek processor with some others including:
Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

So, when the Op, said he dumped Tecno, I expected to hear that he went for something higher, with a qualcomm snapdragon but I was disappointed to hear "infinix".Apart form the OTA update, can you tell other differences between the tecno and the infinix?

You updated you new infinix hot note from 4.4 to 5.1 and call it "value for money" that's your opinion cos
I wonder what that really means. I have compared my colleague's galaxy note 4 running lollipop and my note3 running kitkat and saw no reason to upgrade.

Lastly, I think Tecno is more expensive because it is the most popular among those MTK devices. As Your infinix is becoming popular, the price will also be increasing too.

You enjoyed the FLAGSHIP, ALMIGHTY(according to you) tecno phantom z, but when you discovered you can't upgrade OTA, you labelled it a "scam" bros that singular deficiency is not enough for the name calling.

My humble opinion.

Note: I dont use Tecno.

One question first.
What's wrong with MTK devices?, then we can start the debate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by pocohantas(f): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Whatsup with all the kittykat and lollipop you guys are talking about? angry angry
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by menesheh(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:

That your brand of Tecno can't be upgraded OTA is not enough to say it is a scam. Samsung galaxy note 3 and galaxy S5 were the first and only two phones (not sure though) that came with USB 3.0. But the succeeding galaxy note 4 was launched with USB 2.0 -a downgrade. Will it be said that Samsung is a scam?

You are still where you were. Are both of them not MTK devices? They are! They use mediatek processor with some others including:
Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

So, when the Op, said he dumped Tecno, I expected to hear that he went for something higher, with a qualcomm snapdragon but I was disappointed to hear "infinix".Apart form the OTA update, can you tell other differences between the tecno and the infinix?

You updated you new infinix hot note from 4.4 to 5.1 and call it "value for money" that's your opinion cos
I wonder what that really means. I have compared my colleague's galaxy note 4 running lollipop and my note3 running kitkat and saw no reason to upgrade.

Lastly, I think Tecno is more expensive because it is the most popular among those MTK devices. As Your infinix is becoming popular, the price will also be increasing too.

You enjoyed the FLAGSHIP, ALMIGHTY(according to you) tecno phantom z, but when you discovered you can't upgrade OTA, you labelled it a "scam" bros that singular deficiency is not enough for the name calling.

My humble opinion.

I agreed to some extent of your reply but on an unbiased note, tecno supposedly by now have platforms with smooth OTA. AT least the highly priced phantom z supposed for sometimes now lay its hand on lollipop. Mind you, updated is very essential cus of at least security wise.

If you really want to check whether there are differences between KK and L, use android L for like 4 months and port back to KK, tell us your observed difference then.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
TEAM SAMSUNG TAB!!

Other producers are SCAM LORDS!!
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Hollicom(m): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please, which Android phone is good to buy? The BE Elite am using is currently misbehaving now. And I need a new phone and it must be Android and not too expensive.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by gabpaul: 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:

Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

My humble opinion.

Oga take am easy naw...HTC is not MTK Device ooo angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Julaug: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dey there dey talk of lollipop and ice cream, na your junior dey do these phones for China. Wake up lazy nigerian youths, do something with your brains.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by emmatok(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:

Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

My humble opinion.

Sure, you don't know anything about phones and OEM QC.

Techno got one if worst QC and after sales service amount mobile phones.

On-the other hand INFINIX is better that's why GOOGLE ONE is on INFINIX .

The current HOT 2 runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop just below 20,000k, currently the fastest selling phone online.

Its not about Processor only, but QC and after sale service is important, that's where INFINIX is better than TECHNO.

note- DON'T group HTC and ALCHATEL amount this phones..
Most HTC devices processor don't use MKT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Kingbilo(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:

Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

My humble opinion.

Funny how you accused the original writer of dwelling on a singular deficiency(OTA update) then put your foot in your mouth by dwelling on a singular deficiency( mediatek vs Qualcomm)

grin grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by femi4: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:

Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

My humble opinion.

On a serious note, if you grade the Mtk devices, techno wont make top 3. Beyond the processor, there are other stuff a buyer look out for e.g product design, material used, etc
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by jaylorde(m): 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lubbish, what's with this hype about OS upgrading , abeg if you want to sell your phantom z like that clueless guy did, inform me, I get interest

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Olaryeankarh(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
Different strokes for different folks and vice versa. I love Tecno, but then I hate them. And again, I've never used one of their devices. Preference is what matters after all.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by femi4: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
pocohantas:
Whatsup with all the kittykat and lollipop you guys are talking about? angry angry
KITTYCAT is old operating system. e.g kitkat 4 That's how Android named their OS. The latest is lollipop for OS 5.

Previous version includes:

Fryo: OS 2.2-2.2.3

Gingerbread : OS 2.3

Ice cream sandwich: OS 4.0.3-4.0.4

Jellybean: OS 4.1- 4.3

Kitkat: OS 4.4- 4.44

Lollipop: (latest OS) : OS 5.0-5.1

Lollipop:
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by DjAndroid: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
gabpaul:
Oga take am easy naw...HTC is not MTK Device ooo angry angry angry

HTC Desire 616

HTC didn’t have any MediaTek-powered smartphones until this year, when it introduced the Desire 310 and Desire 616. The latter was released in June as the company’s first octa-core handset, featuring a MT6592 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz. Despite having an octa-core CPU, the Desire 616 is a mid-range device. It offers a 5-inch 720p display, BoomSound speakers, dual SIM capabilities, 1 GB of RAM, 8 MP rear camera, a 2000 mAh battery, and Android Jelly Bean (we don’t know if any software updates will be available). Although HTC created the Desire 616 for Asian markets, customers in the US can buy it via Amazon for around $230.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/10-notable-MediaTek-powered-smartphones_id62389

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
I dont think you know the meaning of scam grin grin ;Db scam is when you buy phone from computer village and get home and see eba inside the box grin wink
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by 5ky3(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
lolzzzz.. this gat me thinking of Kiss Daniel's-WOJU and Toby grey's- gboju

indeed we are in the era of CALL and RESPOND

#Earl_Bash
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by chichriso: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
op is confuse
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
INTROVERT:
just kill me with any Samsung phone..... grin

Come take galaxy S6 if you agree to these conditions:
1. you will be allocation 30% of your FTC space to me

2. you will change to (m)
grin
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Leyemoshood: 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
na because you never hammer,by the time money land,you sef go change mouth grin grin grin

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Lexusgs430: 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:

HTC Desire 616

HTC didn’t have any MediaTek-powered smartphones until this year, when it introduced the Desire 310 and Desire 616. The latter was released in June as the company’s first octa-core handset, featuring a MT6592 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz. Despite having an octa-core CPU, the Desire 616 is a mid-range device. It offers a 5-inch 720p display, BoomSound speakers, dual SIM capabilities, 1 GB of RAM, 8 MP rear camera, a 2000 mAh battery, and Android Jelly Bean (we don’t know if any software updates will be available). Although HTC created the Desire 616 for Asian markets, customers in the US can buy it via Amazon for around $230.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/10-notable-MediaTek-powered-smartphones_id62389

I also refuse to upgrade my Note 3 to Lollipop. I have setup my device to a stage where attempting to upgrade and having incompatibility issues, would simply send me bananas.
Kitkat till my Note 3 gives up the ghost!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by MztrChukwu(m): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
pocohantas:

The former is a house cat, the later, a snack for kids
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by donbenie(m): 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
With all due respect to the OP,the inability of Tecno to update the Phantom Z,their FLAGSHIP Smartphone is a major FLAW and enough to label them as not being serious and devious,maybe you should check what being a FLAGSHIP means,it means the best of the best in your ARSENAL and not getting even ONE major update less than a year after release is INEXCUSABLE,more so when cheaper phones from competitors are getting said updates and your attempt to defend them is laughable,if am paying for the BEST I have every right to expect the BEST..

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by donclark(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
DjAndroid:

Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

My humble opinion.

Dude you was making sense till you mentioned HTC, the people who birthed Android phones. Because they produced an MTK device this year doesn't make HTC a Mediatek device. Are you aware HTC also has a Windows phone? Does that make the brand HTC a Windows device? HTC remains the first Android device and the best. Don't ever compare that brand to another.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by teewhydope(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
femi4:
KITTYCAT is old operating system. e.g kitkat 4 That's how Android named their OS. The latest is lollipop for OS 5.

Previous version includes:

Fryo: OS 2.2-2.2.3

Gingerbread : OS 2.3

Ice cream sandwich: OS 4.0.3-4.0.4

Jellybean: OS 4.1- 4.3

Kitkat: OS 4.4- 4.44

Lollipop: (latest OS) : OS 5.0-5.1

Lollipop:

Donut 1.6 undecided
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by DjAndroid: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
donclark:

Dude you was making sense till you mentioned HTC, the people who birthed Android phones. Because they produced an MTK device this year doesn't make HTC a Mediatek device. Are you aware HTC also has a Windows phone? Does that make the brand HTC a Windows device? HTC remains the first Android device and the best. Don't ever compare that brand to another.

Sorry for the misinformation. My bad let me modify.

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by enitey(f): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Tecno=APC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Gionee Phone Is The Best You Have Used / Infinix Note 7: Top 5 Features/Issues / 12-Year Old Boy, Joshua Agboola Wins MTN Mpulse Hackathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.