Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,044 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. (25402 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Olaryeankarh(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
mindtricks:

Among all these Chinco, mediate, or whatever, what phone can you possibly recommend in the light of the fact that it has to meet reasonable performance (in your opinion) and still be pocket friendly?

As you have mentioned pocket-friendly, my brother go for a Mediatek device. Unless you want to inconvenient your budget and shoot for the big boys. Works that way too. A Qualcomm 'pocket-friendly' device may not be all that pocket friendly in the real sense of it. Well, unless it is a Lumia you are buying.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by mindtricks: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Olaryeankarh:

As you have mentioned pocket-friendly, my brother go for a Mediatek device. Unless you want to inconvenient your budget and shoot for the big boys. Works that way too. A Qualcomm 'pocket-friendly' device may not be all that pocket friendly in the real sense of it. Well, unless it is a Lumia you are buying.
Thanks bro. Dont just like nokia android whatever.

Was wondering what really noticeable Qualcomm brings to the table.

I dont just want somethng that will not lag.

Ideas appreciated.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Olaryeankarh(m): 9:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
mindtricks:

Thanks bro. Dont just like nokia android whatever.

Was wondering what really noticeable Qualcomm brings to the table.

I dont just want somethng that will lag.

Ideas appreciated.

What's your budget first?
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by henry007(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
Aijalon:
so cos of KitKat and Lollipop...... Tecno z this.....its that.....So yu prefer Infinix hot note to Tecno Phantoms Z.......Dammiit man
laff wan kill me for here. My IHNP camera that makes me turn orange. if i hear. The 2GB ram sef still can't run heavy games. There is a reason why 2gb ram phone is that affordable......there's no difference in performance. yinmu!
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by mindtricks: 8:30am On Sep 22, 2015
Olaryeankarh:

What's your budget first?

Talking of budget, I choose to consider the options available. But I am willing to spend up to 30/35k,and the device needs to be dual sim.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by Olaryeankarh(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
mindtricks:

Talking of budget, I choose to consider the options available. But I am willing to spend up to 30/35k,and the device needs to be dual sim.

Ummm.... You can go for the InnJoo Fire Plus or Infinix Zero 2 in that regard.
Or if you don't mind, there's an LG G2 running Lollipop going for 35k
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by mindtricks: 1:40am On Oct 05, 2015
Olaryeankarh:

Ummm.... You can go for the InnJoo Fire Plus or Infinix Zero 2 in that regard.
Or if you don't mind, there's an LG G2 running Lollipop going for 35k

Thanks bro. Giving it a serious thought.
Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by TappGroupNG: 3:46pm On May 30, 2017
I love your reply
DjAndroid:
My lay - man's opinion on some issues raised in this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2562826/why-never-use-tecno-phones

That your brand of Tecno can't be upgraded OTA is not enough to say it is a scam. Samsung galaxy note 3 and galaxy S5 were the first and only two phones (not sure though) that came with USB 3.0. But the succeeding galaxy note 4 was launched with USB 2.0 -a downgrade. Will it be said that Samsung is a scam?

You dumped Tecno for Infinix? grin grin grin
You are still where you were. Are both of them not MTK devices? They are! They use mediatek processor with some others including:
Alcatel
Gionee
HTC
Huawei
Lenovo
Xiaomi ......etc.

So, when the Op, said he dumped Tecno, I expected to hear that he went for something higher, with a qualcomm snapdragon but I was disappointed to hear "infinix".Apart form the OTA update, can you tell other differences between the tecno and the infinix?

You updated you new infinix hot note from 4.4 to 5.1 and call it "value for money" that's your opinion cos
I wonder what that really means. I have compared my colleague's galaxy note 4 running lollipop and my note3 running kitkat and saw no reason to upgrade.

Lastly, I think Tecno is more expensive because it is the most popular among those MTK devices. As Your infinix is becoming popular, the price will also be increasing too.

You enjoyed the FLAGSHIP, ALMIGHTY(according to you) tecno phantom z, but when you discovered you can't upgrade OTA, you labelled it a "scam" bros that singular deficiency is not enough for the name calling.

My humble opinion.

Note: I dont use Tecno.

1 Like

Re: Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. by TappGroupNG: 3:48pm On May 30, 2017
And Lumia can be complicated to use trust me
Mediatek processors are mostly used by these phone companies to help it remain affordable
A higher processor will mean higher prices
Olaryeankarh:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack / Infinix Note 7: Top 5 Features/Issues / 12-Year Old Boy, Joshua Agboola Wins MTN Mpulse Hackathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.