Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,927 members, 7,799,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. (1376 Views)

When Men Say It Is Over, God Takes Over. / GOD Gives And GOD Takes.. Really? / If U Died 2day N God Asked, "Y Should I Let You Into Heaven?" Wat Wud U Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Psalmwhyte(m): 10:25am On Aug 31, 2015
Good Mornin' my co-nairalanders,
Let me go straight 2 my question
What is d christain view of d saying ''God gives and God takes'', i want 2 know if it is biblical.
Plz ur answers is very important
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2015
It is biblical, alright.

It was Job's response to the news of the God that he served allowing the devil to destroy all his properties, his livestock, his means of livelihood and his children.

He said: "The Lord gives and the Lord takes. May the name of the Lord be praised"
-Job 1:21b
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by thorpido(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2015
It's not biblical.It's a religious impression of God especially from the islamic point of view.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by vooks: 11:07am On Aug 31, 2015
Psalmwhyte:
Good Mornin' my co-nairalanders,
Let me go straight 2 my question
What is d christain view of d saying ''God gives and God takes'', i want 2 know if it is biblical.
Plz ur answers is very important
Thanks in anticipation.
There is a cry Job prayed to God after his sudden loss.
Job 1:20-21 (KJV)
20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, 21 And said,
Naked came I out of my mother's womb,and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away;blessed be the name of the Lord.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 11:22am On Aug 31, 2015
thorpido:
It's not biblical.It's a religious impression of God especially from the islamic point of view.

LOL grin cheesy shocked
A Christian that doesn't even know his own holy book, The Bible.
This is extremely ridiculous.

U Christians eh!!!
SMH
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

LOL grin cheesy shocked
A Christian that doesn't even know his own holy book, The Bible.
This is extremely ridiculous.

U Christians eh!!!
SMH

Because it was said by Job does not make it true. There were many things said by people that was not true from God's standpoint. That was why Jesus later came to correct many errors the people believed in.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by ABDULADINO(m): 11:44am On Aug 31, 2015
The Lord gives..He doesn't takes.( John 10:10b).

Satan takes.( John 10:10a)

Job spoke ignorantly.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Because it was said by Job does not make it true. There were many things said by people that was not true from God's standpoint. That was why Jesus later came to correct many errors the people believed in.

Hmmm.
What exactly is your point, bro?

See how you guys are turning your faith upside down. So you don't even know what you believe in.

First and foremost, whether it is true or not, was not what the OP asked. The OP asked to know if that statement is biblical. And I have shown that it is in the bible.

Secondly, are you trying to say that it is not God who gives life and takes away life? Are u trying to say it is not God who gives and takes away?
Using Job's case as an example, God gave him wealth and children and livestock and God permitted the devil to take them away. So how is Job's statement false.

Thirdly, if u say what Job said is false, it means that you're saying that many of the other things he said might be false. And it also means that you're finally agreeing that the bible book of Job wasn't divinely inspired like u guys claim (because the Holy Spirit, according to that same bible, is not a spirit of error and falsehood). Then it also means that you're agreeing that there might be other books of the bible which were not divinely inspired.

Christians!!!
Chai!
Confusion everywhere.
A confused bunch of people who dont even know what to believe.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Hmmm.
What exactly is your point, bro?

See how you guys are turning your faith upside down. So you don't even know what you believe in.

First and foremost, whether it is true or not, was not what the OP asked. The OP asked to know if that statement is biblical. And I have shown that it is in the bible.

Secondly, are you trying to say that it is not God who gives life and takes away life? Are u trying to say it is not God who gives and takes away?
Using Job's case as an example, God gave him wealth and children and livestock and God permitted the devil to take them away. So how is Job's statement false.

Thirdly, if u say what Job said is false, it means that you're saying that many of the other things he said might be false. And it also means that you're finally agreeing that the bible book of Job wasn't divinely inspired like u guys claim (because the Holy Spirit, according to that same bible, is not a spirit of error and falsehood). Then it also means that you're agreeing that there might be other books of the bible which were not divinely inspired.

Christians!!!
Chai!
Confusion everywhere.
A confused bunch of people who dont even know what to believe.

Mr. Man, I think your confusion comes from the fact that you refuse the ability to comprehend statements.

Firstly, what is the meaning of the word biblical? The word bible was just a name given to the book that contained Hebrew scriptures. God was not the one that called His word the bible. There is a difference between the bible as a whole being the word of God and the fact that the Bible contains the Words of God. So that something is contained in the bible does not mean it is "biblical" as you people call it. That word used actually is not supposed to be "biblical" but the word "Scriptural"

Now there is a difference between the word Bible and Scriptures. The Bible is a collation of both historical accounts and events and also contains the scriptures, while the Scriptures are teachings/doctrines/prophecies/commands of God in the bible that are to be observed and taught.

Secondly, God gives life but does not take away. There is a difference between doing something yourself and allowing/permitting something to happen. The devil had the legal right on the earth at that time because man had leased it over to the devil. God is in charge of the earth but not in control....(I am just gonna stop here because your not a christian anyway so can't understand the whole point).

Thirdly, at the end of the book of Job you see God was angry with what Job and his three friends have been saying all the while. And He even commanded them to make atonement for their sin. So tell me, how is it hard for you to understand that not everything contained in there is not Truth. The O.T was not written to us but for us. While the N.T was written to us. The New was to help balance with the old in order to sieve out the Truth.

But you can't understand all these because you are not enlightened. So I understand.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by thorpido(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:
It is biblical, alright.

It was Job's response to the news of the God that he served allowing the devil to destroy all his properties, his livestock, his means of livelihood and his children.

He said: "The Lord gives and the Lord takes. May the name of the Lord be praised"
-Job 1:21b
Job spoke in ignorance.
You need to understand that the fact that some things were written in the bible does not mean that they were the will of God for our lives.The bible is put together so we can have a total package.That is where discernment and what the bible calls the understanding comes in.There were things spoken or written by men(even prophets) in the Bible that were their expressions based on their limited understanding and weakness.
Jesus who did not have that limited knowledge and Who God gave the highest level of understanding came to show God's will for our lives.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Mr. Man, I think your confusion comes from the fact that you refuse the ability to comprehend statements.

Firstly, what is the meaning of the word biblical? The word bible was just a name given to the book that contained Hebrew scriptures. God was not the one that called His word the bible. There is a difference between the bible as a whole being the word of God and the fact that the Bible contains the Words of God. So that something is contained in the bible does not mean it is "biblical" as you people call it. That word used actually is not supposed to be "biblical" but the word "Scriptural"

Now there is a difference between the word Bible and Scriptures. The Bible is a collation of both historical accounts and events and also contains the scriptures, while the Scriptures are teachings/doctrines/prophecies/commands of God in the bible that are to be observed and taught.

Secondly, God gives life but does not take away. There is a difference between doing something yourself and allowing/permitting something to happen. The devil had the legal right on the earth at that time because man had leased it over to the devil. God is in charge of the earth but not in control....(I am just gonna stop here because your not a christian anyway so can't understand the whole point).

Thirdly, at the end of the book of Job you see God was angry with what Job and his three friends have been saying all the while. And He even commanded them to make atonement for their sin. So tell me, how is it hard for you to understand that not everything contained in there is not Truth. The O.T was not written to us but for us. While the N.T was written to us. The New was to help balance with the old in order to sieve out the Truth.

But you can't understand all these because you are not enlightened. So I understand.

Interesting.
First and foremost, from the bolded expression, u have used your words to negate another biblical expression:
"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof"

I expect you to also tell me how that expression is wrong and unbiblical.

Secondly, whether it is God that called his word bible or not, does not matter. What matters is that there is a book called the bible. And the adjective that describes anything pertaining to the bible is "biblical".
Biblical is an English word, not a Hebrew or Latin Word. So you can check the meaning of biblical in an English dictionary.
The OP asked if that statement was biblical and the simple answer is that the statement is biblical.
Whether Job spoke in error or not, is not the question. That statement is IN THE BIBLE and therefore is biblical.

Thirdly, there was something Jesus said to his disciples. That they should not be afraid of those who can destroy only the body but should be afraid of Him who can destroy both the body and the soul in Hell (making reference to God).
Logically, if Job's statement were to be a theorem, Jesus' statement is its corollary.

Fourthly, you can shout from today till tomorrow that it is Satan that takes life. But, according to your bible, Satan is not the owner of life. God is. And God cannot allow Satan to take what belongs to Him.
Even for the people you call sinners, if God doesn't condemn a soul to hell fire, Satan cannot drag that soul to hell fire.

Lastly, if ,for example, President Muhammadu Buhari commissions anyone to build an airport in Nigeria, it is Buhari that built that airport.
Why?
Because he is in charge of Nigeria and that builder would not have built the airport if Buhari didnt allow it.
God created Job. God created Satan. God was in charge of Job and all his endeavours. God allowed Satan to take away everything that has Job has and inflict him with a terrible sickness.
It was God that did it.
Afterall, Paul said God doesn't test his children with temptations that they cant bear. Which means that God actually tempts his children.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
thorpido:
Job spoke in ignorance.
You need to understand that the fact that some things were written in the bible does not mean that they were the will of God for our lives.The bible is put together so we can have a total package.That is where discernment and what the bible calls the understanding comes in.There were things spoken or written by men(even prophets) in the Bible that were their expressions based on their limited understanding and weakness.
Jesus who did not have that limited knowledge and Who God gave the highest level of understanding came to show God's will for our lives.

Whether Job spoke in ignorance or not, that statement is in the bible oooo.
And that is what the OP asked?

So it is either you say the statement is biblical or you say it is not. And since I've shown you where it is in the bible, it means it is biblical.

Don't be like Adam, bro.
God: Adam, where are you?
Adam: ...I [am] n.ak.ed...

I would like you to show me where Jesus made a statement to contradict what Job said. Show me where he negated Job's statement.

Even in the Parable of the Talents, the master (who is God) took away the one talent from the third servant.
He gave him one talent and he also took it away(because the servant didn't invest it).

That was Jesus' parable openly showing where God gave and also took away; openly supporting the statement that Job made.
Yet here u are claiming that Job spoke in error.
Maybe u have more of the Holy Spirit than Jesus had in his earthly ministry.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Interesting.
First and foremost, from the bolded expression, u have used your words to negate another biblical expression:
"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof"

I expect you to also tell me how that expression is wrong and unbiblical.

Secondly, whether it is God that called his word bible or not, does not matter. What matters is that there is a book called the bible. And the adjective that describes anything pertaining to the bible is "biblical".
Biblical is an English word, not a Hebrew or Latin Word. So you can check the meaning of biblical in an English dictionary.
The OP asked if that statement was biblical and the simple answer is that the statement is biblical.
Whether Job spoke in error or not, is not the question. That statement is IN THE BIBLE and therefore is biblical.

Thirdly, there was something Jesus said to his disciples. That they should not be afraid of those who can destroy only the body but should be afraid of Him who can destroy both the body and the soul in Hell (making reference to God).
Logically, if Job's statement were to be a theorem, Jesus' statement is its corollary.

Fourthly, you can shout from today till tomorrow that it is Satan that takes life. But, according to your bible, Satan is not the owner of life. God is. And God cannot allow Satan to take what belongs to Him.
Even for the people you call sinners, if God doesn't condemn a soul to hell fire, Satan cannot drag that soul to hell fire.

Lastly, if ,for example, President Muhammadu Buhari commissions anyone to build an airport in Nigeria, it is Buhari that built that airport.
Why?
Because he is in charge of Nigeria and that builder would not have built the airport if Buhari didnt allow it.
God created Job. God created Satan. God was in charge of Job and all his endeavours. God allowed Satan to take away everything that has Job has and inflict him with a terrible sickness.
It was God that did it.
Afterall, Paul said God doesn't test his children with temptations that they cant bear. Which means that God actually tempts his children.

I really don't have the time to answer all this.

But know the fact that God is the owner of the earth does not mean He is in control of what goes on, on the earth. He himself said the devil is the god of this world.

World here is different from earth. The world revered to systems or group of people following a particular system.

God is the owner Of the earth because He created it but not I'm charge of its systems because he handed that authority and freewill over to man. Who in turn turned it over to the devil.

When the OP asked if it was biblical, we all know what he meant. "Is it truth?"

If he asked is it in the bible? We would say yes it is in the bible. But if he said is it the truth? Then that would be another case entirely.

And lastly, the bible never said God tests His children. It only said He won't allow the tests that come to be unbearable.

In fact James says : James 1:13 "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone."

This is why I said you need to balance the OT with the NT.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by thorpido(m): 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Whether Job spoke in ignorance or not, that statement is in the bible oooo.
And that is what the OP asked?

So it is either you say the statement is biblical or you say it is not. And since I've shown you where it is in the bible, it means it is biblical.

Don't be like Adam, bro.
God: Adam, where are you?
Adam: ...I [am] n.ak.ed...

I would like you to show me where Jesus made a statement to contradict what Job said. Show me where he negated Job's statement.

Even in the Parable of the Talents, the master (who is God) took away the one talent from the third servant.
He gave him one talent and he also took it away(because the servant didn't invest it).

That was Jesus' parable openly showing where God gave and also took away; openly supporting the statement that Job made.
Yet here u are claiming that Job spoke in error.
Maybe u have more of the Holy Spirit than Jesus had in his earthly ministry.
I understand where you are coming from.
Knowledge is at different levels and though i wish I could teach you many things from scripture,it would be long and we can't finish it in one day.

When the Op asked if it was 'biblical',he was not asking if it was in the bible?What he meant is that does Christianity support it and I want to believe you understand that but you just choose to feign it.

My explanation and Jeromejnr's explanations have done justice to this.Any other thing is just turning the wheel.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
thorpido:
I understand where you are coming from.
Knowledge is at different levels and though i wish I could teach you many things from scripture,it would be long and we can't finish it in one day.

When the Op asked if it was 'biblical',he was not asking if it was in the bible?What he meant is that does Christianity support it and I want to believe you understand that but you just choose to feign it.

My explanation and Jeromejnr's explanations have done justice to this.Any other thing is just turning the wheel.

Jeromejnr:

I really don't have the time to answer all this.

But know the fact that God is the owner of the earth does not mean He is in control of what goes on, on the earth. He himself said the devil is the god of this world.

World here is different from earth. The world revered to systems or group of people following a particular system.

God is the owner Of the earth because He created it but not I'm charge of its systems because he handed that authority and freewill over to man. Who in turn turned it over to the devil.

When the OP asked if it was biblical, we all know what he meant. "Is it truth?"

If he asked is it in the bible? We would say yes it is in the bible. But if he said is it the truth? Then that would be another case entirely.

And lastly, the bible never said God tests His children. It only said He won't allow the tests that come to be unbearable.

In fact James says : James 1:13 "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone."

This is why I said you need to balance the OT with the NT.

http://www.christianliferesources.com/article/god-alone-has-the-right-to-initiate-and-terminate-life-answers-715

http://www.kellyadkins.com/does-god-give-and-take-away/

http://revbrentwhite.com/2012/01/30/does-god-give-and-take-away/

http://www.waynestiles.com/when-god-takes-something-away-from-you/

http://www.str.org/articles/can-god-kill-the-innocent-2#.VeSIjzhMVAE

These are analyses from your fellow Christians.
I wonder who now made you guys the custodians of the Truth and made other christians custodians of The Lie.

Like I said earlier, you guys are a confused bunch.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

http://www.christianliferesources.com/article/god-alone-has-the-right-to-initiate-and-terminate-life-answers-715

I wonder who now made you guys the custodians of the Truth and made other christians custodians of The Lie.

You gave links of personal blogs and sects. Lutherans e.t.c. all you showed us is not new. As some of those sects have been known to go into some errors. If you like I can give you links to Christian sects that claim Jesus is not God. So....

It still doesn't change the word of God.
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD;"Ezk 18:32
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You gave links of personal blogs and sects. Lutherans e.t.c. all you showed us is not new. As some of those sects have been known to go into some errors. If you like I can give you links to Christian sects that claim Jesus is not God. So....

It still doesn't change the word of God.
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD;"Ezk 18:32

And you're the one who has the word of God, right?
The other people have the word of the Devil.

I gave u links to personal blogs and sects?
Before nko?
U want me to give you links to God?
The opinion you're expressing is also ur personal opinion or that of your sect. The same way the links I gave you are expressing their opinions.

You've quoted Ezekiel for me. Well done. But what about the following quotations:

1 Samuel 2:6-7: The Lord kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up. The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts.

Deuteronomy 32:39: See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Or is it only Ezekiel that is the word of God?
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Before nko?
The opinion you're expressing is also ur personal opinion or that of your sect. The same way the links I gave you are expressing their opinions.

You've quoted Ezekiel for me. Well done. But what about the following quotations:

1 Samuel 2:6-7: The Lord kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up. The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts.

Deuteronomy 32:39: See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

[s]You see why o said it will be tough for you to understand. You are doing what some of those ssects did in the past.

Those scriptures you quoted have already been shown time and again that they were mistranslated. How?

When translation was done from the Hebrew to the English of that of King James the were some Tenses and verbs that were not available in the English to express some words like "to permit". So translators just picked out a suitable word to be used.

Greek scholars have said concerning scriptures like the [/s]
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Before nko?

You see why I said it will be tough for you to understand. You are doing what some of those sects did in the past.

Those scriptures you quoted have already been shown time and again that they were mistranslated. How?

When translation was done from the Hebrew to the English of that of King James the were some Tenses and verbs that were not available in the English to express some words like "to permit". So translators just picked out a suitable word to be used.

Seasoned Hebrew scholars have said concerning scriptures like the one you gave that the scripture implied that God did not create evil but the scripture was in a permissive sense. I.e God permits evil. There is a difference Mr. man.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by thorpido(m): 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Analysis from fellow christians?You googled and brought out links from blogs of sects whose doctrines are questionable.You think every 'church' follows the Truth in the bible?Don't you know there are some who have their own doctrines eg Latter day saints or grail message?

Do you know that the bible was translated from Hebrew and Greek?Have you tried studying the bible with a concordance?Have you heard of the Septuagint?Have you studied with it?

You speak of a confused bunch but I'm just laughing at you.I know you speak out of ignorance.You think just picking verses from an english bible is where it ends.

#westudy
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
The same confusion I've been talking about.

When u guys are caught on one point, you shift gears and move to another point.

It is now about mistranslation.
U guys should go and rest, abeg.

I gave you two passages in the bible.
From I samuel and Deuteronomy.
Why not bring these passages in that original Hebrew version and show us the correct translations and show us how they were mistranslated?

You're here claiming it is a wrong translation and instead of using the two passages I quoted to show the wrong and correct translation, you're using a passage in Isaiah's prophecy as ur standpoint.

U need sleep.
U can call me ignorant or of little understanding.
I don't really care.
But u guys are as confused as ever.
With each sect claiming to have the monopoly of the Holy Spirit and monopoly of insight to interpreting the scriptures.
It's a pity
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
thorpido:
Analysis from fellow christians?You googled and brought out links from blogs of sects whose doctrines are questionable.You think every 'church' follows the Truth in the bible?Don't you know there are some who have their own doctrines eg Latter day saints or grail message?

Do you know that the bible was translated from Hebrew and Greek?Have you tried studying the bible with a concordance?Have you heard of the Septuagint?Have you studied with it?

You speak of a confused bunch but I'm just laughing at you.I know you speak out of ignorance.You think just picking verses from an english bible is where it ends.

#westudy

And it is your own sect that follows the truth of the bible?
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis

The truth is the truth wether you like it or not. You are already bent on finding faults that's why you close your eyes to the facts that abound.

Nothing you are saying is new. Majority of the Church has settled the case long ago. Though there are still sects yet to see the light.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
Jeromejnr:
nobilis

The truth is the truth wether you like it or not. You are already bent on finding faults that's why you close your eyes to the facts that abound.

Nothing you are saying is new. Majority of the Church has settled the case long ago. Though there are still sects yet to see the light.

Lol. So you're the one who has seen the light?
Show me the wrong translations na.

U tell me it is the wrong translation. And then tell me that the original bible didn't say that God created evil.
The passages I gave u in I Samuel and Deuteronomy never mentioned anything about God creating evil. So you're actually talking about something else.

I've shown you two passages apart from that in Job that shows that God gives and takes away.

I've shown you several analyses from several other men of God showing that God gives and takes away.

And u still decide to hold onto ur perceived truth.

Well, that is a characteristic of Christians. They always hold onto whatever they are comfortable with even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

They always had d belief that the earth was flat. But that belief was forcefully wrenched from them by explorers.

They always had the belief that the earth was the center of the universe. But that belief was forcefully wrenched from them by scientists.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by thorpido(m): 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

And it is your own sect that follows the truth of the bible?
You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Lol. So you're the one who has seen the light?
Show me the wrong translations na.

U tell me it is the wrong translation. And then tell me that the original bible didn't say that God created evil.
The passages I gave u in I Samuel and Deuteronomy never mentioned anything about God creating evil. So you're actually talking about something else.

I've shown you two passages apart from that in Job that shows that God gives and takes away.

I've shown you several analyses from several other men of God showing that God gives and takes away.

And u still decide to hold onto ur perceived truth.

Well, that is a characteristic of Christians. They always hold onto whatever they are comfortable with even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

They always had d belief that the earth was flat. But that belief was forcefully wrenched from them by explorers.

They always had the belief that the earth was the center of the universe. But that belief was forcefully wrenched from them by scientists.

You've not even seen the basic light or understood it, it's the advanced one you want to understand.

You're the only one struggling with the issue. Let the ignorant remain ignorant.

Corgito Ergo Sum.
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You've not even seen the basic light or understood it, it's the advanced one you want to understand.

You're the only one struggling with the issue. Let the ignorant remain ignorant.

Corgito Ergo Sum.

Lol.
And u have seen and understood the basic light which your fellow christians have not understood.

I applaud you.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Lol.
And u have seen and understood the basic light which your fellow christians have not understood.

I applaud you.

Basic light is meeting Jesus Mr. Man. All Christians have understood that.

Then moving on from there:

"And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?" Jesus answered them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.…" cool
Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by nobilis: 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Basic light is meeting Jesus Mr. Man. All Christians have understood that.

Then moving on from there:

"And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?" Jesus answered them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.…" cool

Funny christians.

Abeg, I'm tired of these exchanges.

Truth is meeting Jesus whose historical existence has not even been supported by any historical facts.

Keep on with your beliefs and make yourself feel better.

Does God give and take away?
Yes. God gives and takes away.
Full stop.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
nobilis:

Funny christians.

Abeg, I'm tired of these exchanges.

Truth is meeting Jesus whose historical existence has not even been supported by any historical facts.

Keep on with your beliefs and make yourself feel better.

Does God give and take away?
Yes. God gives and takes away.
Full stop.

You are the only one in the world who doesn't know that Jesus existed and His historical records prove so. Even brilliant atheists know that.

The question now is do they believe He is God.

But anyway. This talk is pointless.

(1) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Muslims Are Turning To Christ In Germany / 20 Great Bible Verses To Read Before Bed / When The Pastor Lays Hands On You And You Refuse To Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.