Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light (52250 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Abuja After A Stop Over In London / President Buhari Departs Daura For Abuja After Sallah Celebration. Photos / Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by slimfit1(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
Why his he still using siren for what reason who should be using sirens in this country. Why on earth is it that we abuse everything good. Siren is for important stuffs like emergency ambulance fire engines and occasionally heads of states Nigerian brains sometimes scares me.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by iykyvic(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
ehen,.At least the place wey him dey rush to, go wait now. so thas an example say everything in.life.Can wait

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by slimfit1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
kokoA:
Foolish phuul! Even Buhari obeyed traffic rules as president-elect, our VP, Osinbajo still obeys traffic rules (with very few vehicles in his convoy), ordinary minority leader thinks he can misbehave anyhow in my city.. mcheeww.. somebody should remind him that Abuja is not Uyo or Ikotekpene o, wee are civilized people here.

The guy is power hungry
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by realadesco(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
Good for him. Nah god pay am for disobeyed Nigeria law.. I laugh chinco ekun laugh

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by slimfit1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
TalkDirect:
Traffic lights are not a nuisance but a safety and crowd/traffic mgt measure. Why would we not stop this wrong habit of ignoring our own safety.

Please tell me which law this man is going to make that people will take serious. I don't even think he has a law in mind that will help ordinary citizens.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
About two months ago, i took my dads' car out(without his knowledge) on a monday morning to retrieve my sim card which i coulnd't retrieve cause i didn't have voters card. On my way back, i used the express-way and crossed-over to the service-lane on high speed. That was how one lastma official on bike stopped in front of me, *i play need for speed alot and wanted to test my skills in the real world*. I wanted to escape from the lastma official and crossed back into the express way on high-speed(160km/h), my front tire bust without me knowing. As i was still trying to escape, something started smelling like it was burnt and the car started shaking, i had to park. *if you see how many lastma officials pursue me ehn*. I finally had to beg them and settled them all of them, since then, i made up my mind never to touch his car again.

<b>Conclusion: Always drive safely.</b>
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
christinie:
Idiot! You talk as if you are God. The same measure you used to judge him awaits you!
only & if I go contrary to the rules & regulations abii??

Bia nwata nwanyi I mara ebe I Sara ahu ga koro Akwa gi ebe ahu..

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by gbishman: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
This incident should be investigtated and if found that Akpabio actually violated a traffic sign, he should be made to face the law. No one is above the law

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by realadesco(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
M4gunners:
Just look at this one. Did you even have a drivers license? Did you know the rules that must follow when you heard a car coming with siren on?
see this one talking rubbish so u want to prove that Mr lawbreaker is above the law. Ode afofungbemu

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by delman88(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
lekjons:
RIP sir!

OMO YOU HARSH OOO!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by femi4: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
What Shall It Profit Thee To Be A Leader But, Can't Lead By Example?? I thank God for his life though..

But, if he tries to go contrary to d rules again, his car will somersault, re-somersault, somersault again, re-somersault & somersault again..
gringringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by darocha1: 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=phemmyutd post=37525245]Ex- Governor Akpabio hospitalised in Abuja after own car disobeyed traffic light, then crashed
A former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, now Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, escaped death Monday morning after his car got involved in an accident along the Airport Road in Abuja.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the accident occurred near the Bolingo Junction close to the Ship House, Abuja.

A witness said Mr. Akpabio was moving in a convoy of vehicles towards the City Gate when his vehicle ran into another car.

“My wife and I were coming from the NNPC Mega Station and we stopped at the traffic light by Bolingo Hotel Junction. When the green light showed and we made to move, there was this siren blaring Mercedes Benz jeep that came from the town and almost crashed onto my car. I don’t know how we dodged but another that was behind the jeep hit the car behind me and tumbled on its side.

“I and my wife rushed out of our vehicle and helped the driver bring out his boss. When we brought him out, we found that it was former governor Godswill Akpabio.

“At the time we brought him out, the siren was still blaring. We put him in the other vehicle and he was rushed to the National Hospital.”

The witness said Mr. Akpabio was badly shaken and was in a traumatic condition when he was brought out of the crashed vehicle.

He said the former governor was apparently rushing out of the city when his convoy beat the traffic and crashed.

When PREMIUM TIMES arrived at the National Hospital two hours after Mr. Akpabio was admitted at the hospital, a security official said the former governor was at the National Trauma Center.

The source however noted that Mr. Akpabio was later moved to a private section of the hospital for X-ray and other investigations.

At about 10am, PREMIUM TIMES met with the driver to the former governor, simply called David who confirmed the accident.

Mr. David said his boss was in stable condition but declined to say how the accident happened. He wore a black jeens trouser with a white stripped shirt.

When contacted on the telephone, the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, J. Momoh, said he could not speak on Mr. Akpabio’s case because he has no authorisation from the family.

Mr. Momoh, who argued that it is against medical ethics to speak about a patient in admission, did not however deny that Mr. Akpabio was being admitted in the facility.

“I cannot speak about a patient in admission without getting approval from his family. You should therefore excuse me,” Mr. Momoh said.

When reminded that Mr. Akpabio is a public official and Nigerian Senate Majority Leader and not a quiet family man, Mr. Momoh still insisted he cannot speak on the matter.

At about 12.25p.m. Mr. Akpabio’s predecessor, Governor, Udom Emmanuel, arrived in a three-vehicle convoy, led by a Toyota Jeep, with registration number, Yab 474 BG.

Mr. Udom was driven in a BMW salon car with the number plates covered.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189297-ex-governor-akpabio-hospitalised-in-abuja-after-own-car-disobeyed-traffic-light-then-crashed.

Journalism has become wash, is there no editor that vets this reports.
At the beginning it states he is the Minority leader, at the end of the sae report he is tagged as Majority Leader.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Opinedecandid(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Emeskhalifa:

snap make him aide catch u.
even devil go follow pity d kind bittin wey u go recieve

If him aide catch u beat u, u go record that one, na. And publish it to add insult to injury or u hit the court for redress and damages.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by iamtheconjee(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
What Shall It Profit Thee To Be A Leader But, Can't Lead By Example?? I thank God for his life though..

But, if he tries to go contrary to d rules again, his car will somersault, re-somersault, somersault again, re-somersault & somersault again..

Amen to that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by ezenonso: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
the accident happened behind his car (witness car) yet beat traffic and witness car in front did not beat traffic.
read between lines nairalanders
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by thexzy(m): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
*Seeing is Believing
*We need an Evidence that it actually happened.
*Coz Nigerians are so creative. They create out of a piece of rumour, whether true or not. Some can be Narrative, Descriptive or expository skills acquired from various institutions or from the world around/within.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Alfranco(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
tobtap:
not surprised.. POLITICIANS=LAW-BREAKERS ..hopefully he will obey traffic laws next time undecided
We shouldn't be quick to pontificate. Things might not be exactly the way they seem as reported. Besides the Mr former governor isn't the driver. We should thank God no one died, directly or indirectly.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by shidof(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
lekjons:
R.I.P.
Haba! Why au using RIP for a living soul lyk u. He's a a father, a bro and family members to som pipu.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nsiman(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
That's how gov't officials in the state he governed use to disobey traffic light with impunity. I wish . . .

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by litetias(m): 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
I've no sympathy for 'leaders' who think they are better than everyone else and are above the law.

But wait ooo, which kind of journalism are they practising in Nigeria?
How can they call Udom Emmanuel, Akpabio's predecessor?
It's successor, dumbäss!

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
Opinedecandid:

If him aide catch u beat u, u go record that one, na. And publish it to add insult to injury or u hit the court for redress and damages.
lolz asif dem go leav d fone for u.
b thankful if they giv u ur sim
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by chichriso: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
good for him

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by M4gunners: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
mildflame:

See dis REPTILE is he suppose 2use SIREN
I forgive you for your your ignorance. First as a driver when you heard siren weather the traffic lights is green on ur side or not, you have to wait. Go and ask any body that knows about driving very well. Not my Father have Car , am 18 automatically i can drive. If the other drivers had obeyed the siren, they wouldn't have been this accident. We want to be like US,UK and so on but can't imitate simple good things from them.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by christinie(f): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Kwukwughariba ka aturu Ndi ugwu. Anu mpama.
BeeBeeOoh:
only & if I go contrary to the rules & regulations abii??

Bia nwata nwanyi I mara ebe I Sara ahu ga koro Akwa gi ebe ahu..
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
christinie:
Kwukwughariba ka aturu Ndi ugwu. Anu mpama.
but, if only I go contrary to d rules "I Will Kwukwugharia abii?? grin grin cheesy
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by M4gunners: 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
realadesco:
see this one talking rubbish so u want to prove that Mr lawbreaker is above the law. Ode afofungbemu
As of you you are a vagabond. No need of enlighten you.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by loomer: 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lawless country.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
lekjons:
R.I.P.

You got me laughing loud, you are a badd guy men!!! grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Good for him.

I was once nearly knocked down by a vehicle disobeying the traffic lights myself....while I was in my car obeying the lights.

Nigerians better really learn to obey traffic rules and regulations.

Traffic lights are there to help us....not to delay us.

Really? you were almost knocked down while in your car!!??
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Appareil(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
Wishing him a speedy recovery! May all you have achieved for the Lord over the years speak on your behalf in Jesus name! God bless Senator Godswill Akpabio!
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by christinie(f): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mechie onu gi. Eze gworo. Osi na azu owerre ba nne ya afo. Nwa landlord. Mkpi.
BeeBeeOoh:
but, if only I go contrary to d rules "I Will Kwukwugharia abii?? grin grin cheesy
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=lekjons post=37525413]R.I.P.[/quote
What can kind statement is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jeremiah Useni's Rice Company In Plateau (Photos) / FBI: Chika Augustine Odionyenma, Ihedioha’s Ally Wanted For Wire Fraud In US / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.