Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience (32468 Views)

List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by nex(m): 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Electricity has improved quite a lot in the Ajah area of Lagos. In fact,the biggest challenge we're facing now is over-consumption of electricity. From paying monthly bills of about N3,000 when we used to have an average of 2 hours of electricity per day, we now pay as much as N20,000 per month.

People are beginning to shut down their security lights and other non-essential electrical appliances. Sometimes I come home at night and everywhere is dark. The only way I can tell there's light is that no single generator is running in the estate. At one point I had to switch over from Eko DISCO power, which was on, to my generator and run it for some hours in order to make sure it doesn't go bad for lack of use.

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Rexyl(m): 9:18am On Sep 02, 2015
nex:
Electricity has improved quite a lot in the Ajah area of Lagos. In fact,the biggest challenge we're facing now is over-consumption of electricity. From paying monthly bills of about N3,000 when we used to have an average of 2 hours of electricity per day, we now pay as much as N20,000 per month.

People are beginning to shut down their security lights and other non-essential electrical appliances. Sometimes I come home at night and everywhere is dark. The only way I can tell there's light is that no single generator is running in the estate. At one point I had to switch over from Eko DISCO power, which was on, to my generator and run it for some hours in order to make sure it doesn't go bad for lack of use.

Is phcn rendering services that will give Nigerians joy and make their lives more convenient or they are just to take the amounts they are spending on generators?

We are yet to understand reason for the improvement.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by GoodMuyis(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2015
majidyusuf:
which area could be better than near the government house?

From Sabo to Kawo the Testimonies are good ask anybody form Sabo to Kawo,
maybe your area maybe blacklisted for non payment or something

Since yesterday I reply this there has not being power-out for more that 1hr
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2015
GoodMuyis:

From Sabo to Kawo the Testimonies are good ask anybody form Sabo to Kawo,
maybe your area maybe blacklisted for non payment or something

Since yesterday I reply this there has not being power-out for more that 1hr
do you know the area I stay in, we all use the new meters so which non payment are you talking about? By the way they finally brought light yesterday
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by predatorX: 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
ocelot2006:

That's why we had 2346MW? Clap for yourself, 'cos you just earned the DUMBASS post of the day! Why? Cos if you had done your homework, you would've known that DISCOs are NOT responsible for power generation. Also you would've known that the fall in generated was as a result of sabotage on the gas supply lines. But hey, I ain't suprised at all. Now you know why you've been having issues with your WAEC and NECO, bumwipe. Your 7th-8th resit I guess? Don't worry, it isn't cos of some old woman in your village. Nah, you're simply stupid.

By the way I never knew that the past issues with power supply was tied to your utility bills. Sure we could do with reduced bills, but you're aware that these DISCOs are now private businesses who have to recoup their investments, right? You do know the sole purpose of businesses is to maximize the profit of their respective shareholders, right? No? Of course you didn't. 'just a plain stupid airhead. Now run along turd.

Now you're truly losing members up there.

how many generators in Nigeria were gas-fired, Diesel-Fired then and now? Fleabag!! If you were all schooled-up like you're probably insinuating, then i'd blame the fallen standard of education back home.

And i do not need to educate you on what is meant by Installed Capacity, Running Capacity and Generated Capacity since you think you are talking to a novice in the power sector, cat!! I can confidently say that all GEJ did with his power transformation was all filmtrick, except for the Transmission aspect which the FG still has control over.

I know say na mumu like you go believe Peter Odili, when he built his gas turbine project that cost Nigeria/Port Harcourt N100billion

Yeah! discos ain't responsible for power generation agreed. But what happens when you generate and Discos refuse to distribute?? Has your fickle mind ever thought of increased redundancies at GENCos?

you're obviously a Nairaland Troll who just loves flaunting his gabbage tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by ocelot2006(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
predatorX:

Now you're truly losing members up there.

how many generators in Nigeria were gas-fired, Diesel-Fired then and now? Fleabag!! If you were all schooled-up like you're probably insinuating, then i'd blame the fallen standard of education back home.

And i do not need to educate you on what is meant by Installed Capacity, Running Capacity and Generated Capacity since you think you are talking to a novice in the power sector, cat!! I can confidently say that all GEJ did with his power transformation was all filmtrick, except for the Transmission aspect which the FG still has control over.

I know say na mumu like you go believe Peter Odili, when he built his gas turbine project that cost Nigeria/Port Harcourt N100billion

Yeah! discos ain't responsible for power generation agreed. But what happens when you generate and Discos refuse to distribute?? Has your fickle mind ever thought of increased redundancies at GENCos?

you're obviously a Nairaland Troll who just loves flaunting his gabbage tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Damn....I thought I saw it all. Now I know you're afflicted with a severe case of the STU.PIDS. Pity, turd face. 1st it was DISCOs generating power, now it's installed & generated capacities. Correlation: ZERO. But I'm glad you got to learn about those, even though it was obviously briefly before your IDIOCY crept back in.

Now buzz off bumwipe & go do something useful with your wretched life. Buffoon.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by predatorX: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
ocelot2006:

Damn....I thought I saw it all. Now I know you're afflicted with a severe case of the STU.PIDS. Pity, turd face. 1st it was DISCOs generating power, now it's installed & generated capacities. Correlation: ZERO. But I'm glad you got to learn about those, even though it was obviously briefly before your IDIOCY crept back in.

Now buzz off bumwipe & go do something useful with your wretched life. Buffoon.

very incoherent human being. Now you are as stupid as you sound, yet you must be feeling very intelligent with the funny thought "I've nailed the SOB", right?.
Firstly, you need to read your typings to yourself so you'd be the first judge of your mental state of health.

Secondly, Where, if you can quote me, did I say DISCos generate power? You're such a pathetic TANmite apologetic who just thinks by getting loud and using silly words of insult, you could convey logic across.

When I started handling turnkey projects on E/Engineering, you were just about learning how to take off your diapers. Keep it up with your internet English, bumwipe, asswipe, turd face, e.t.c. Mommy must be very proud of her slang-ridden, lisp tongued internet hooligan of a son. I would not join you in the gutters.

When you want facts on Power generation in naija, I'd oblige you. Till then, continue trolling. I still maintain my previous stance though, DISCos are the clog in the wheel of power in Naija. Go and read NERC documentations, but then again, you are a slang-ridden, lisp-tongued internet urchin. Of what use is a written article if it doesn't contain pictograms and pictures to aid assimilation.

Kids of these days and cheap DATA cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bitumen Exploitation Commences In Ondo State As Equipment Land In Irele (PHOTOS) / EFCC Recovers Over N1bn Cash From A Civil Servant / EFCC Gets Court Order To Detain Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.