Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) (74281 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Ibafo, Ogun Behind A Church (Photos) / Big Python Killed Along Asaba-Ontisha Road (Photos) / Huge Python Killed In Otukpo Market, To Be Sold For N15,000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Esdb3: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
doctokwus:
I know mine might be a minority opinion,but this is a rich diversity that has just been killed.
If this snake had been caught alive or even tracked and studied,it would have fetched 100x the amount it was sold for.
In other places, rare sizes of snakes like this would be a subject of wide interest and studies by snake experts who would even come from far and wide,earning us much needed foreign exchange.
But here,it has ended in somebody's pot of soup and a mere N10k when it cud have fetched good dollars.

We have zoos with bigger! There are bigger! If this was another animal cool but a snake?! A common python?! How many of those have been studied over and over. That was a good 10k!

2 Likes

Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Soknown: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
doctokwus:
I know mine might be a minority opinion,but this is a rich diversity that has just been killed.
If this snake had been caught alive or even tracked and studied,it would have fetched 100x the amount it was sold for.
In other places, rare sizes of snakes like this would be a subject of wide interest and studies by snake experts who would even come from far and wide,earning us much needed foreign exchange.
But here,it has ended in somebody's pot of soup and a mere N10k when it cud have fetched good dollars.
Just today, I commented on a snake-killing thread like this that environmentalist, zoologist and animal conservation group should come out and do something. We need to know why these snakes are venturing into the open unlike before, is it that their natural habitat are destroyed or they have bigger predators or no more prey in their habitat ?. We need to all these and also inform people that these snakes could be caught alive and sold or donated to zoos and pet lovers. we cannot kill everything, eat everything and leave nothing for coming generation. We need these snakes alive to develop appropriate venom antidotes. I can bet that there are zoology students that have never seen a live snake, especially big snakes like this. There are a lot that we can gain from having these snake alive.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by ikp120(m): 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Truckpusher:
It is important for us to understand that killing these special blessings of nature would be dentrimental to our existence as a people.

You don't eat your skin today for the sake of hungry that won't wipe your entire generation out tomorrow.

We need to start doing the right thing now even as we have been plagued with bad leadership that will never try to put the right things in place for the people to survive because I'm aware that poverty,illiteracy and backwardness is a contributing factor why people would be more than willing to kill reptiles just for food.
Wake up before we end up being woken up by nature.

Prof Truck Pusher, what will you do with a snake or what will it do for you?
1. Protect you? grin
2. Worship it? grin
3. Play with it? grin
4. Spit on you when provoked? grin

Are these white guys not going back to stone age without even knowing (when these beasts were worshipped)? Imagine the other day some civil group in US rose against Obama because he killed a fly during his speech.
Very soon this great prof will say "stop killing scorpions and mosquitoes". Snakes are as harmful and useless to man as mosquitoes if not for the skin.
Some people wish these terrible animals will go into extinction sharp sharp while others are saying they should stay. I believe if some people see Satan live physically on this earth (just like Boko Haram) tormenting people they will say "let him stay na, you know we can study the him".

Man and wild beasts are not friends at all, except you're possessed with the spirit of that type of beast.

1 Like

Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by damsala(m): 9:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Oblitz:
wow! it's a really big snake
anacoñda 4 dat matter.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by frenchboy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
This same picture i saw which they say it was along ibadan expressway but it is lekki here....
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Vicintonsh(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
LadyTochie:
b4 u want mek dem leave am?
mke dem leave am 4 us na grin
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Truckpusher(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
ikp120:

Prof Truck Pusher, what will you do with a snake or what will it do for you?
1. Protect you? grin
2. Worship it? grin
3. Play with it? grin
4. Spit on you when provoked? grin

Are these white guys not going back to stone age without even knowing (when these beasts were worshipped)? Imagine the other day some civil group in US rose against Obama because he killed a fly during his speech.
Very soon this great prof will say "stop killing scorpions and mosquitoes". Snakes are as harmful and useless to man as mosquitoes if not for the skin.
Some people wish these terrible animals will go into extinction sharp sharp while others are saying they should stay. I believe if some people see Satan live physically on this earth (just like Boko Haram) tormenting people they will say "let him stay na, you know we can study the him".

Man and wild beasts are not friends at all, except you're possessed with the spirit of that type of beast.
These beasts and insects completes your ecosystem my friend.

I hope you're aware that without these natural orders our ecosystem would be broken down and mankind can't survive the backlash.
Even our ancient people practiced conservation in their own way - Where I come from there are certain animals and reptiles you can't kill and eat simply because our ancient people told their generations that they would die and become cursed if they do but the truth is they were only trying to ensure that humans do not destroy the natural order of some particular species though the illiterate man would still be running with the ideology of these creatures belonging to a deity but deep inside me I know that our ancient people were only trying to protect them for future purpose and for another generation.
We have a lot in common with these things and without them we will end up with diseases and sicknesses that we do not know anything about.
Those mosquitoes, cockroaches and flies are useless and can be very deadly when you don't and can't control them but very useful to our ecosystem and for our natural survival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by ThaThinka: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
doctokwus:

It's your opinion, man. Will you be able to catch this sort of snake alive? If you let it go, who will do the tracking and who knows who it might attack and kill on its way? Just wondering.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Truckpusher(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
hariorh:

You talking about the same government that don't give a blooming s.hit about their citizens?

undecided
No Government has ever given a damn about their citizens until a system has been established and of course Nigeria is passing through a phase that would soon phase out completely - You and I might not live to see it but it would surely come.
We are building a nation , we've not arrived yet.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by sam90s(m): 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
doctokwus:

There's something called hierarchy of need.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by issylarry(m): 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
jaelz:
nah wire oh, enough of all this snake killings when person go kill dragon now?

Mumu
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Rawzy(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Though i walk through the bushes i will never encounter any big snake like this one IJN
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by legba1(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheHeGoat:
IDIOTSSSS! FOOOLS!!! It has now become a trend on Nairaland. Shame on the mods who support this and shame on Seun too for not doing anything about it. I hate you all! angry angry angry

Can see ur leaving ur name.......oruko ma nro ni!!!
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Fola01: 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
grin Abeg who be that?
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by laserjet: 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
doctokwus:

Well said. But who wan keep this kain animal for house or anywhere till they arrive sir?
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Ndeewonu: 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
I think this is an ANACONDA, not a python
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
doctokwus:
I swear the person weyy buy am get longthroat.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Wuminity(f): 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Snake correspondent reporting for Nairaland.
lol
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by am0sn0nyu: 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
vizkiz:
holy crap!! shocked

Why did they kill the damn thing? Why not capture, cage it and take it to the zoo then make money?

Must y'all nigerians always kill everything you see Chai, mehn, we ate still in the stone age in this country oh undecided
This was how some 1d1ots killed an endangered specie called a 'civet' last year only to be announced by one Nairalander that if caught alive is worth thousands of British pounds.
doctokwus:
Religionistic Nigerians are the real animals with no respect for animals and reptiles that bear no threat to their hypocritical lives. Imagine that buffoon wearing a cap with the Mountain of Fire ministry logo so happy to be part of the snake murdering team.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by RaptorX: 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
Truckpusher:
It's becoming an embarrassment how we go about cooking and eating everything simply because we are hungry ,illiterate and backward.

This is absurd and the Government need to wake up to her responsibilities of not just protecting the people but species that are clearly endangered species.
Blame your leaders for the hunger, illiteracy, and backwardness. Even in the US phytons are routinely killed in the state of Florida cause they are damaging the eco system, so it's killed on sighting, no capturing or relocating to zoo.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by hariorh: 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
RaptorX:
Blame your leaders for the hunger, illiteracy, and backwardness. Even in the US phytons are routinely killed in the state of Florida cause they are damaging the eco system, so it's killed on sighting, no capturing or relocating to zoo.

Don't mind the whitewashed bigot
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
I saw a little snake this evening ....b4 I could say Pim, the snake escape.... E pain me oo
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by RaptorX: 12:04am On Sep 01, 2015
hariorh:

Don't mind the whitewashed bigot
They even pay for hunters to come to Florida and kill pythons, I wish when these people see a 18ft python they should go and give it a hug cause its non poisonous.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Nemesis99(m): 12:11am On Sep 01, 2015
doctokwus:
I think we shld leave the study to the oyinbos cus they are better at studying what can kill 'em.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Dallazday(m): 12:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Shouldn't we be trying not to kill these animals before they go extinct?

When will this dark continent wake up and preserve their future ?
na snake be your future abi? you need Jesus
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Truckpusher(m): 12:25am On Sep 01, 2015
Dallazday:
na snake be your future abi? you need Jesus
All messages are not for everyone.

And of course the same Jesus screwed up your entire life and still screwing you and waiting to screw your next generations unborn.

It's high time the Nigerian Government introduces eugenics into our country.

Sometimes , some of you do not deserve a chance to birth another animal in human clothing.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Truckpusher(m): 12:27am On Sep 01, 2015
RaptorX:
Routinely killed by who and under what circumstances ? And I'm sure they cook it and eat it after taking pictures with it.

Our leaders must be right after all - You don't give civilization to animals in human clothing.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by lezz(m): 3:28am On Sep 01, 2015
doctokwus:
Too much national geographic chanel.

1 Like

Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by megadeath: 7:28am On Sep 01, 2015
doctokwus:
Wee u kip kwayet!!!!
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by baysol: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2015
mrking3:
This snake was killed by just a single man with cutlass!! Seriously! I think some men got balls!! Right there and then, he sold the snake for 10k! in a very short interview i asked the man how he managed to kill a snake as big as this all alone? He said thats what he does for a living! He kills bigger snakes like this on daily basis! See pics Below!

Where are the conservators of our wild life if everyone will have to kill this animals all the time we set eyes on them afterall we are the ones encroaching on their habitat. I think Nigeria as a country need to do something about their wild life and environment before we kill and destroy it all.
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by Dindondin(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2015
Lilyomi:

Me? Beht why?
cos u dey beg for life of alaconda snake that eating Awa rams and chickens
Re: Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) by danymaina: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2015
doctokwus:
. If u want bigger snake dan this come to maidugori Brono state Zoo or. Better still come to sambisa there are many of them around pip her don't eat them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped / Rare Moments, Images In History You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. / Rat With A Ring Round Its Neck Trapped In Woman's Shop In Oyo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.