Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,359 members, 7,780,979 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:47 AM

Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? (7001 Views)

Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? / Guys Can You Do This? (photos) / Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 02, 2015
TV01:

Ah, ah. CCTV ke!...na penitentiary? grin.

What do you expect? Men and their children - especially boys - na rough play and proper "manhandling" cheesy!

TV

You know, I just chose to ignore the comment before people who don't know what fatherhood looks like start spitting their dirty saliva at me.

My boy scratched the heck out of me last night. He thinks he's Simba and has been roaring up and down the house. Then there's the cape and his invisible lasers he keeps shooting at me and he expects me fall, groan in pain and still stand up and fight him, which I do grin. Most women do not have the capacity to understand it, bros. To them it's noise and nonsense. Meanwhile na serious bonding.

Manhandling is the most appropriate word. Anyone who has seen dogs play with their parents would understand. wink
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 02, 2015
TV01:

It's the "Equalisers" grin.
Anything a man does, a woman must be able to do. And in the same way, with the same outcomes. No thought given to the moral value, and totally ignoring any biological or physical drivers. And if the women can't do it, men must stop doing it or change it so that they can. Although they pass where it is risky, dangerous or otherwise unglamorous.

Everything must be equalised. If it means changing the language, so be it, denying reality, so be it, re-writing the bible, so be it, getting mad at God - He must be challenged about His sexism and heteronormative bigotry grin - so be it.

They are fun to watch na, and there's no end of laughs yanking their "angry" chains. Allow o jare wink!

TV

Very disgusting and sad considering my children will meet the children of these ones *points at them with left hand and squints*.

No appreciation for nuances and proper inter-gender dynamics at all. Just the usual zombie joro-jara-jo progressivism.

Funny thing is, it's not even about equalism. It's female welfarism. They're lucky I've not been in the mood for their foolishness.
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by wristbangle: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

You should have set them straight from the first off-point comment. Don't let these teenage girls, frustrated housewives and weak men like Innervoice damage your efforts at a decent conversation. It's your thread, you have the moral obligation of correcting erring comments to the best of your ability.

Cheers.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Askseek(f): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
5minsmadness:
Done it a couple of times, no biggie for me.

The only thing is thier mom got upset when she found out i was giving her kids beer to help them sleep at night...She refused to leave them with me after that undecided

Abeg, no take Laff kill me oh
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Onegai(f): 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
Kimoni:

Letting them slide from the stairway kwa shocked and I'm sure the kids will be enjoying it until they hear "gbam" on their head grin

And they'll come running to mummy angry

Cor-rection: the gbam sometimes happens to another part of the body, depending on how the child falls. And no, the child should not run to mummy or daddy (why report yourself for punishment!), instead meet the nearest oldest sibling to deliver punishments on the other children who clearly goaded you into putting a mattress on the stairs and angling it in a way to make it go as fast as possible before ending up slamming into the wall, shrieking in pain. Good luck trying to CCTV that. grin

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything tongue grin
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Kimoni: 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
Onegai:

Cor-rection: the gbam sometimes happens to another part of the body, depending on how the child falls. And no, the child should not run to mummy or daddy (why report yourself for punishment!), instead meet the nearest oldest sibling to deliver punishments on the other children who clearly goaded you into putting a mattress on the stairs and angling it in a way to make it go as fast as possible before ending up slamming into the wall, shrieking in pain. Good luck trying to CCTV that. grin

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything tongue grin

Onegai!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

I suspect you used to do this as a kid grin grin see the perfect description...but anyhow, mummy must still hear about it

I have my first aid box handy with all sort of colorful plasters ready for them, I will even ask them to choose the plaster they want grin
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Kimoni: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
TV01:

Ah, ah. CCTV ke!...na penitentiary? grin.

What do you expect? Men and their children - especially boys - na rough play and proper "manhandling" cheesy!

TV

What is penitentiary nitori Olorun?? TV, this grammar you are blowing is too much o cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Onegai(f): 1:28am On Sep 03, 2015
Kimoni:

Onegai!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

I suspect you used to do this as a kid grin grin see the perfect description...but anyhow, mummy must still hear about it

I have my first aid box handy with all sort of colorful plasters ready for them, I will even ask them to choose the plaster they want grin

By the time the Flying-Down-the-Staircase happened, my mum had survived even more fun stunts such as tying wrapper round the neck and screaming "Superman! " before diving off the balcony to land on the car roof. The staircase one didn't even bother her grin

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by limamintruth: 2:08am On Sep 03, 2015
I can babysit a child that is at least 2yrs old or more. Thats all! cool
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by innervoice(m): 7:39am On Sep 04, 2015
Timbuktou:

You should have set them straight from the first off-point comment. Don't let these teenage girls, frustrated housewives and weak men like Innervoice damage your efforts at a decent conversation. It's your thread, you have the moral obligation of correcting erring comments to the best of your ability.

Cheers.

Weak men are men like you. Needing weak females to feel strong. grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Kimoni: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
5minsmadness:

You are seriously paranoid.

Oh wait, you already admitted it. grin

Somtimes I let them slide from the Stairway and catch them as they fall. It's mad fun grin
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by snakebeat: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
SalC:
Seriously when I see the number of women on the streets of Naija with babies strapped to their backs and perhaps pulling another by the hand and a tray of groundnut or a bowl of sachet water on their heads, another in the market place with baby on the back while pushing a wheel barrow of this or that under the scorching sun. Then you come online to see men claiming they can't take care of their own babies because they work for the upkeep of their family, it beats my imagination.

So the women who work or do business and still take care of the babies are now fools? I don't even want to go into the fact that most of these men who claim too be to busy to take care of their children are actually being fed and cared for by their wives sad

If they are actually providing for their families as they want us to believe, those women should be at home or more conducive places doing their business with those children and not under the sun.

Real men work for their families' upkeep and still have time for their kids.

You suggested they should sell the kids, incase they don't find buyers, I suggest they sow the kids as seed of faith in their churches embarassed

U must be very silly!
So u think because a woman is working is enough reason to delegate her natural responsibility of breastfeeding & nurturing a child to her husband? Men provide for the family, if a woman decide to work, probably because she is bored staying idle, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What were u expecting? Men should be the ones carrying children to work & breastfeeding them? If u can't carry out your natural responsibility of breastfeeding & nurturing a child, what else can u do as a woman? Everybody can work, but not everybody can breastfeed a baby, when the need arise.
Silly women everywhere....
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by lolababe331e: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
snakebeat:

U must be very silly!
So u think because a woman is working is enough reason to delegate her natural responsibility of breastfeeding & nurturing a child to her husband? Men provide for the family, if a woman decide to work, probably because she is bored staying idle, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

What were u expecting? Men should be the ones carrying children to work & breastfeeding them? If u can't carry out your natural responsibility of breastfeeding & nurturing a child, what else can u do as a woman? Everybody can work, but not everybody can breastfeed a baby, when the need arise.
Silly women everywhere....

What if the woman is the primary bread woman? Pays most of the bills and works more hours than the husband? Should he still sit his bum down and do nothing. What then is his own contribution to the marriage With more women becoming bread winners family dynamics are rightly changing

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by snakebeat: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2015
lolababe331e:

What if the woman is the primary bread woman? Pays most of the bills and works more hours than the husband? Should he still sit his bum down and do nothing. What then is his own contribution to the marriage With more women becoming bread winners family dynamics are rightly changing
Did I encourage men to stay idle in my post? A woman breastfeeding & nurturing her child isn't peculiar to humans alone. If female animals are sensible enough to spend better part of their time with their children at the incipient stage of the child's life, why are women grumbling? It's a natural thing, it has nothing to do with work. Make out time to watch animal documentary to see how the female relate with their children, from hen to lioness. Must women complain about everything?
Rubbish!!!
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
snakebeat:

Did I encourage men to stay idle in my post? A woman breastfeeding & nurturing her child isn't peculiar to humans alone. If female animals are sensible enough to spend better part of their time with their children at the incipient stage of the child's life, why are women grumbling? It's a natural thing, it has nothing to do with work. Make out time to watch animal documentary to see how the female relate with their children, from hen to lioness. Must women complain about everything?
Rubbish!!!
These animals are corporate staff and career animals ....right?
These animals probably helps their mate/spouse to take care of their homes and maintain their finances in those documentaries.
Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
peeparty:

Why not I can.am a lover of kids I play n laff with dem a lot.

Hmm taking care of kids is not playing and laughing oo. You cook incessantly, clean poo, tidy up a million times a day, laundry, wash plates, school run, referee. That is only the tip of the iceberg.
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
cococandy:

lol. So the woman has a business or trade of some sorts right? Yet somehow the we believe the fathers alone provide fianacncial support for the family.

You said you don't mind as long as it doesn't become a norm for you? So what if it does and you have to do that many times a week.

You people better repent of this unnecessary and destructive pride that doesn't benefit anyone.

I was in the clinic on Friday. Come see fathers who accompany their wives for prenatal checkups signing up for classes in baby care. Learning to change diapers, feed them, bathe them and what have you. Some who learned a long time ago teach others. They have the infants to themselves anyday the mom has to work or isn't around or just for the heck of it. It's their baby too. And they aren't jobless. They all have jobs too but manage to balance child care with their wives.

Na for "face me I face you" in one slum in ajegunle you will see a father forming king of jungle towards his own little baby. grin
Where's the love?

Better repent y'all.

Congratulations on your bundle of joy dear.

The other day I went to a soft play center with my kids and my cousin. I don't even know when I said I like white people aloud. They are so into their kids. There were just as many dad's as there were mum's and the dad's were sooooo involved. There were on the floor doing stuff with their kids, sliding. Really engaging and having fun with them. It's really great.
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by cococandy(f): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
fem29:

Congratulations on your bundle of joy dear.

The other day I went to a soft play center with my kids and my cousin. I don't even know when I said I like white people aloud. They are so into their kids. There were just as many dad's as there were mum's and the dad's were sooooo involved. There were on the floor doing stuff with their kids, sliding. Really engaging and having fun with them. It's really great.
thanks a lot smiley
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
I don't babysit my own kids. I nurture them.

I have NEVER employed the services of a child minder when it comes to looking after my children. My wife has been away for a week or more, and I have coped just fine, with 3 young children. I welcome the time spent looking after 3 energetic nippers. It makes me appreciate my wife the more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 3:12am On Mar 07, 2016
Siena:
I don't babysit my own kids. I nurture them.

I have NEVER employed the services of a child minder when it comes to looking after my children. My wife has been away for a week or more, and I have coped just fine, with 3 young children. I welcome the time spent looking after 3 energetic nippers. It makes me appreciate my wife the more.

Sounds amazing please keep it up.

I hope you actually do all she does tho. Laundry, cleaning, homework etc smiley
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 07, 2016
fem29:

Sounds amazing please keep it up.

I hope you actually do all she does tho. Laundry, cleaning, homework etc smiley

When I'm at home, sure. I bathe my kids, change diapers and cook awesome, finger-licking good meals too. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by 2goodbobo(m): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2016
Yes and is no big deal. Infact i enjoy doing it grin.
I do the following for my baby....

1. change her diaper
2. make her food and feed her
3. I even dey baff her sef.

Is really a good feeling and is a way of helping your wife
because it will be selfish to allow her do it all the time.
Re: Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
Siena:

When I'm at home, sure. I bathe my kids, change diapers and cook awesome, finger-licking good meals too. smiley

Aww great. Good daddy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Your Parents Choose Your Spouse for You? / First Man To Give Birth / We Need To Go Back To Burning Women Alive: Nick Fuentes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.