Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala (85102 Views)

History: Arhuanran -the Giant Warrior Prince Of Benin Kingdom / AZIA Yam Festival 2017 In Ihiala Anambra State / Anambra Man Laments Killing Of Pythons [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Bloody yeebos

Sjjdj
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by NinaArsenal(f): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Mehn.. Its scary..
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by adesegun121(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Ok
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Mynd44: 8:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Python are actually harmless. I meant they have no venom, I wont trust them with an infant though.

And people can be banished? Oh please, you can always invoke freedom of movement. But it is pointless killing a python except for food I guess

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Godwinfrank1: 8:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Nna mehn
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by megawax8: 8:39am On Sep 01, 2015
Hmmmmmmm......I still do not understand.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 01, 2015
Nice piece...
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2015
This is a pillow somewhere
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by matkeyz(m): 8:41am On Sep 01, 2015
Geezz....Anaconda.........don't toy with dat creature. Itz culd eat u shocked...and. Why wuld somone serve d animal that make us to loss paradize.. cry
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by NnamdiN: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

You sound stupid.
The culture can only be found in ANAMBRA STATE ??
Mention only 2 towns in Anambra state that entertains such culture
we do. Ojoto, idemilli south wink
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2015
Ow do corpers posted to this village manage to live wit dis irritating creatures

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by kennyman2000(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2015
mheeennn
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by chesterlee(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Bloody yeebos, if it is another tribe now they will start crying and wailing as if na them holy pass, and na them worse pass

Olodo...Igbo matter go kill u soon

17 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by m4una(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2015
NigAmbassador:
Such culture is found only in Amambra state. In my igbo community, we murder such evil creatures... #war_mood
No true bro. Some parts of imo and Ebonyi also practice such...

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
we do. Ojoto, idemilli south wink

Ojoto uno ??
The abakiliki people wey dey Ojoto dey chop Python anyhow for Ojoto
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by VickyRotex(f): 8:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Lobatan!!! shocked

*Faints* cry
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2015
In my own village(Onicha Igboeze in Ebonyi state) we don't kill crocodile. And it's harmless to us!! We swim with in the same river and it do rescue our people in term of flood or your boat capsize in a a place where crocodile is living.

5 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Obynozidane(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2015
That's culture for you. I Rep Okija, Anambra State. nice one bro

6 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Rapmoney(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2015
Lilyomi:
Here in nigeria? Wow I love to learn new things.
That's nice cheesy
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Olayinka8793(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Bloody yeebos, if it is another tribe now they will start crying and wailing as if na them holy pass, and na them worse pass
stop dat sister,it is early morning and u shouldn't be starting your day with online tribal fight,ok?

6 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nayok(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2015
Yëye D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ worry una, just óne strike of boko bomb go scatter am grin grin
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 01, 2015
frenchpharaoh1:
In my own village(Onicha Igboeze in Ebonyi state) we don't kill crocodile. And it's harmless to us!! We swim with in the same river and it do rescue our people in term of flood or your boat capsize in a a place where crocodile is living.

You guys don't play with Python meat.
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by GabrielSuswam(m): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2015
I schooled at ANSU Uli graduated in 2008 Accounting class....Back then we no dey kill eke.. Obodo Okoli and Ubahudara I miss those good days....#Nyben

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by favourelisha(m): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2015
Rubbish,nonsense and useless beliefs.

3 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by Costa2000(m): 8:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Jesus is my provider, Eke is their provider.

4 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by ryd3(m): 8:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Another snake story on NL. Na wah o
Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by kraftykc(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2015
This is great news. I hope this tradition outlives us all. It is a worthwhile one.

1 Like

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by kennyjodeci(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:

Zoo girl....insulting Igbos on a thread like this is totally uncalled for...but expect this kinda zoo behavior from a zoo person living on a zoo country

3 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by mexzony: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2015
I am from ihiala but not from the said community but in my own community it is the same.you do not kill it.
When I traveled back in January as my bro and I were coming out from our extended family home on top of our bike we saw snake marks on the ground and then my bro said a snake just passed and lo and behold when we turned our backs we saw the snake crossing the road and here the thing people were just passing by without even doing anything like as if the snake was a human going about its own business.
It crossed the entire road and people would just look at it and move on like it was a normal way of life.
My bro even wanted to go and take a closer look but since he is well accustomed to the village and me am a city boy I was like what in the world are you trying to do?
There is even a snake market of sort and a shrine for it.

4 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by babestella: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:

I've always told you to not forget to take your medicine before you go to bed, now your brain is knocked, your mental health is deteriorating.

4 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by kaelz(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2015
Radoillo:

I take it you are not too familiar with Isu-Njaba axis of Imo State.
Thats were am from, bro, u dare nt kill it or risk d wrath of d eldas!!

2 Likes

Re: The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala by missionmex(m): 8:50am On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
wetin that igbo do u still dey pain u? Forgive and forget na undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood At Okrika Market Yesterday / Alaafin Adeyemi And His New Wife, Chioma (Photo) / The 5 Most Powerful Traditional Rulers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.