Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

My New Corolla...engine Maintainance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My New Corolla...engine Maintainance (843 Views)

Toyota Corolla Engine Noise / Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? / Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My New Corolla...engine Maintainance by Mishydoo(m): 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Two questions for the Car Gurus in the house.

Pls,I found the fluid for my steering wheel is on low. bought ATF to top it up but discovered the fluid inside was red colored,while that in my car is lyk hydraulic colored.My mech says I cnt get one of d same colour.shld I mix dem?

Secondly, the fluid in my Gearbox,tho gauges but looks black. Havnt changed it yet.
This car is three months old.
Re: My New Corolla...engine Maintainance by Piyke: 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
What year of Corolla is this? If the ATF is black you will certainly have to change it. In fact change ASAP. Use only Toyota fluids as you do this, I believe the 2007 Corolla is Type IV ATF while the power steering is ATF Dextron III. But to be sure check the PS reservoir cap and the ATF dipstick. Toyota usually writes the recommended fluids there. Hope this helps
Re: My New Corolla...engine Maintainance by Mishydoo(m): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Thnks for the response.
Its a corolla 2003
Its only d Gear oil that is black,d steering oil is hydraulic colored.
I sed I bought ATF and it was Red colored....do I add it or change the whole oil to red?

(1) (Reply)

2009 Corolla Radio / I Need Original Belgium Shocks For 07 Camry / Hyundai Cars Or Kia Sephia II As First Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.