Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes (1347 Views)

Installation Of Google Play Services On Phones That Didn't Come With Playstore / Google Play Services Battery Consumption / Please Help With A Solution To Google Play Services Crashing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2015
Hello friends,

I have an unlocked Verizon Galaxy S6. I rooted it 3 weeks back and installed custom rom "Clean ROM". Since than it was working fine until this morning when i installed wrong version of Google Play Services. Since then "google play services", Play store and along with other google apps are kept stopped working.

Whole this evening till now i am unable to get solution for this. As I am using MAC and i cant even take backup of all the data. Tried to flash the rom again but unable to download necessary app from store, even can't install APK file.

I have tried many ways, clear caches, data, etc but still the same.

Anybody have any idea please suggest...
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by Itulah(m): 6:37am On Sep 01, 2015
You will need to get the Stock ROM and Flash it into the device.
Visit the links below for details:
http://itulahakhere..com/2015/08/how-to-flashupgrade-samsung-smartphone.html

And stock ROM download link
http://itulahakhere..com/2015/08/download-all-samsung-galaxy-stock-rom.html
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2015
Itulah:
You will need to get the Stock ROM and Flash it into the device.
Visit the links below for details:
http://itulahakhere..com/2015/08/how-to-flashupgrade-samsung-smartphone.html

And stock ROM download link
http://itulahakhere..com/2015/08/download-all-samsung-galaxy-stock-rom.html

@Itulah do you know the procedure to flash stock rom on MAC.

I understand that only way to solve this is to Flash Stock ROM. But it will erase all my data. Is there any way to keep the data or copy it on the hard disk.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by abogjohn(m): 11:13am On Sep 01, 2015
junedraza:

@Itulah do you know the procedure to flash stock rom on MAC.

I understand that only way to solve this is to Flash Stock ROM. But it will erase all my data. Is there any way to keep the data or copy it on the hard disk.

Thanks in advance.
As ur fone is rooted, just download root explorer, launch it and find a folder called ETC click on it..
and delete a file named host.... Reboot ur fone.... Hope it works
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2015
abogjohn:
As ur fone is rooted, just download root explorer, launch it and find a folder called ETC click on it..
and delete a file named host.... Reboot ur fone.... Hope it works
@abogjohn thanks. Problem i have is since play store & play services keeps stopping/crashing I am unable to access, download any app from store. Can't even install APK file manually.
I have ES File Explorer, will it work? Deleting host file hope will not cause another issue.
I read somewhere to add "#" in front of host file but it doesn't work.
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by Dani4tech(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2015
Had a similar playstore issue few weeks ago...just like a friend suggested...i created a new APN and it w0rked fine.hope it works for you tho'
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2015
Dani4tech:
Had a similar playstore issue few weeks ago...just like a friend suggested...i created a new APN and it w0rked fine.hope it works for you tho'

Thanks. "created a new APN" means?
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by Dani4tech(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2015
junedraza:

Thanks. "created a new APN" means?
Access point
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
Dani4tech:

Access point

Thanks for the advise, but Sorry bro, i think you haven't understood my problem. I don't have any issue with "service provider APN settings". problem is with google play service and i guess it has nothing to do with APN.
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by abogjohn(m): 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
junedraza:

@abogjohn thanks. Problem i have is since play store & play services keeps stopping/crashing I am unable to access, download any app from store. Can't even install APK file manually.
I have ES File Explorer, will it work? Deleting host file hope will not cause another issue.
I read somewhere to add "#" in front of host file but it doesn't work.
is the playstore and other google aps crashing or it's not connecting to network... If it the Google play services is the problem why not search google for Samsung Google play service, that is if samsung own is different and if anoda brand own can work wit it just send it frm anoda fone to ur fone and install... Es file xplorer sometimes work and sometime it doesn't work
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
abogjohn:
is the playstore and other google aps crashing or it's not connecting to network... If it the Google play services is the problem why not search google for Samsung Google play service, that is if samsung own is different and if anoda brand own can work wit it just send it frm anoda fone to ur fone and install... Es file xplorer sometimes work and sometime it doesn't work
google play services and other google apps are crashing. I have tried to install apk file manually but it's not installing because of play service crash issue.
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by abogjohn(m): 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
junedraza:

google play services and other google apps are crashing. I have tried to install apk file manually but it's not installing because of play service crash issue.
bro it because google play service is crashing thats why other google apps are crashing, find a samsung fone with ES xplorer or any other app that can send thru bluetooth and send another google play service and install
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
abogjohn:
bro it because google play service is crashing thats why other google apps are crashing, find a samsung fone with ES xplorer or any other app that can send thru bluetooth and send another google play service and install
To install any APK file, play services should be stable. I have downloaded different versions of play services and tried to install through APK file but it just stuck at "Installing" page.
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by abogjohn(m): 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
junedraza:

To install any APK file, play services should be stable. I have downloaded different versions of play services and tried to install through APK file but it just stuck at "Installing" page.
that's a big problem.. Or u should flash d custom rom again. That's d best option bro
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by OSI7: 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
junedraza:

I guess you've been able to fix this now
Re: Need Help .... My S6 Not Working. Google Play Services Crashes by junedraza(m): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
OSI7:

I guess you've been able to fix this now
Yes, i did fixed it. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Tecno H6 For Sale / Which Phone Should I Choose? / Mtn Accumulated Data Bundle Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.