Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Nigerian women and fake hair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian women and fake hair (2891 Views)

Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL / Beautiful native wear- Men, Women And Kids / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian women and fake hair by Vicjustice: 1:24am On Apr 02, 2009
And for the guys: do you see wigs attractive or sexy?
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by Gabry(f): 1:25am On Apr 02, 2009
embarassed
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by topup: 1:38am On Apr 02, 2009
Everyone does it!! It's fashionable to want that ultra vulumptuous hair that flows and moves. Remember the 70s the afro was in, and even caucasians were getting their hair texturized and permed for curls. A lot of caucasian celebrities do not have their natural hair either, and as African women, we are much more used to manipulating and changing our hair unlike those of other cultures. I currently have twists because I think it's a gift to have a semi-natural looking hairstyle and look pretty too.

Lots of my friends don't like natural hair because they believe they're not 'making the best of themselves'. My congolese friend wears a long black weave all the time and in a strange way, it appears more natural than her short relaxed choppy black hair does.

I have had this issue for ages, my friends pressure me, because of course I look more glamourous with a long flowing weave, but I feel like a sell-out at times. It's my own complex, women who wear weaves don't bother me (as long as it's nicely done and tasteful).

Lastly, almost every guy I've talked to prophesises their theory on NATURAL BEAUTY IS THE BEST, but they are the same guys to chuckle when a girl walks in with her short relaxed *static* hair WHICH ISN'T EVEN NATURAL, or if she's wearing braids, they don't think she's as fashionable as the weave wearing glamour-gal who's stolen all the attention in the room. I know most guys like their girls to wear a modest amount of makeup and to enhance themselves, but I think as soon as they start dating their woman, they're all for the natural, probably because they feel the woman would be 'advertising' what is already taken tongue
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by amebo22: 1:50am On Apr 02, 2009
Top Up ::has carefully explained it to you,

just to add ,personally variety is the spice of life. i just cant kip one hairstyle for a month no matter how hard i try, be it natural hair,weave,extentions anytin thing , i just cant.
i get compliments bout how i alter my looks with everyone telling me they wish to have the choice. mY gurlfriend saw d hairstyle i have one (pick and leave) with curls and she felll in love with it,
Just that creativity alone inspires me to do my hair in different hair dos.Most important thing is maintainance and you would love a girl in weave.
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by Czarskit(m): 7:36am On Apr 02, 2009
~ The Haircumentary by topup explains it all. ~
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by iice(f): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2009
Una nefa tire to dey bleat for this hair issue? undecided 
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by Sissy3(f): 8:27am On Apr 02, 2009
shouldnt this b in the fashion section sef undecided
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by uzwu: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2009
Is there anything wrong in a woman trying to change her looks?

The only wrong thing there is the woman not been hygienic as in wearing the wig for a very very long time and also wearing a wrong colour of hair extension/wigs. My opinion though
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by Omolola1(f): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2009
Need i talk?
topup has said everything
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by dfdeei: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2009
AMERICAN VENDORS

www.californialacewig.com

www.thehairnetwork.com

CHINESE VENDORS

RemyHair Manufacturer: http://www.visionremyhair.com

Email: visionhaircn@gmail.com

Good Luck
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2009
It's remarkable that some ladies have such fake hair that is (allergic to water) fixed on top of their natural hair for so long to the extent that their scalps begin to form itching dandruff

but men get dandruff too?

How do you explain that in the absence of wigs and hair extensions?
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by mohawkchic(f): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2009

Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31229.0.html

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-199041.64.html
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by ROYALBABE(f): 6:32am On Dec 19, 2009
Africans are the best!!!! nothing wrong with a weave nor extensions, all white women got more fake stuff than Africans, so please!!!
if some sisters don't want to wash their head from month o well shocked
Re: Nigerian women and fake hair by Approved1(f): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2009
Its not an African thing.
Most women are self-conscious or uncomfortable about different aspects of their natural (or store bought) beauty.

White ladies do wear weave, but they get away with it because "we" assume God gave everybody but africans long thick luscious hair.

If we let nature take it course - and loved it from an earlier age rather than resenting it, and being ashamed by it- Our hair might feel the love and grow longer, stronger, and healthier.

-Just a thought,  undecided

(1) (Reply)

Peplum Ankara Skirt And Blouse: 25 Trending Peplum Ankara Skirt And Blouse / Beautiful Boubou Dress Styles - Latest Classy Boubou Dresses For Ladies / 2021 Braids Hairstyles For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.