Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? (16118 Views)

Why Are People Still Blaming Colonialism For African Poverty? / What Is Your Phobia For 'Ember' Months? / Why Are People Like This Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Audray(f): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
duh ..nigerians are scared of everything.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by petkoffDrake(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
op! don't talk as if u don't have different feeling for mber month. so d reason u feel so, that's same reason we're feeling so.... shikena!
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by efilefun(m): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
ShineuEye:
The "ember" months are the time Buhari's real motives are exposed, get ready to see the nightmare you voted in power.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by deebrain(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Strongholds of the mind.

The igbo word "mba" (no), confused into the last words of the last months of the year (dem forget say October get "ber" instead).

There is nothing evil in the months. Its what we humans created the fear from the above as well as the emotional desperation to do the things you lazily did not do for 8 months!
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by mascot87(m): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Speak for your self. Me I love ember month cos that is the month of superb blessing in my life & that of my family
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by ShineuEye: 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
efilefun:
If ya fada uses condom how were you born then? You must be the neighbours kid bros warn ya mama na.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by rukkyland(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
why ask why? are you afraid too?
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by missionmex(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
I no dey fear human being na ordinary month I go come dey fear lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by toyese01(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Which month people No Dey die, ..♍ãk̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ God just Dey protect us! cryWhich month people No Dey die, ..♍ãk̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ God just Dey protect us!
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by UlqU3(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
This period evil people try to show talent
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by donzi(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
grin sadlil..... lilinton.
de go use ur blood get moni
den we continue the discussion

THE HUSTLE INCREASES.......... #mean# sadlil..... lilinton.
de go use ur blood get moni
den we continue the discussion

THE HUSTLE INCREASES.......... #mean#
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by sukkot: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
cuz ember means fire. fayaaaaa
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
The psychological thing that comes with it.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by kristisking(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
It is a figment of imagination.September,October, November and December are just like any other month.The only thing I notice in those months is high rate of crimes and frequent accidents due to high volume of travellers.Nothing more.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Banter1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
my month of birth, I rep sept29th
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by TalentManager: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
Lets not be oblivious to the fact that Ore-Benin road, Lagos-Ibadan express way and Ondo-Ekiti high ways are not headquarters of road accidents in the ember months. Its a vicious pattern that I have seen. What we must do is travel less and let the Holy spirit guide your steps. Only the holy spirits knows when they cook their evil broth and can avert evil from your ways.
One thing I noticed is the accidents often involves trailers or buses loaded with passengers, you will just see people perish and goods thrown across the road. A Dangote trailer is always a culprit too every year! one just wrecked havoc last week. The man will soon be exposed by one of these new age journalists maybe he will start monitoring his drivers. I ask that the lord almighty who is king over Light and Darkness deliver us from the agents of darkness, Amen.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Deejavuu(f): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
That ideology thrived 20 yrs ago - I still find it difficult to understand why people should be talking about it now and besides there is something about the 'EMBER' months and the occurrences around that period of the year that has an explanation. wink

Biko explain. I'm all ears/eyes grin
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Lero15:
This period, people travel a lot. So, accident rate increases.

And then the witches and wizards that would not want you to cross over to next year undecided this is the period they suck blood grin

All my Ibo peeps planning to go celebrate at their hometown, this is the period they closely monitor the containers grin they will do comprehensive insurance on their goods too.

And then any other thing u can think of.
Introvert and LadyF can add more... Only if they make frontpage cheesy

Happy "ember" period, good people.

May the Lord protect us.
dont you have somtin better to say?? Why are you obsessed wit the ladies?? U sex starved or what huh?
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
Op once Ember month start everybody is extra careful because of the "Get rich or die trying " syndrome that comes with it. Others call it the season e ji egbu ozu n'ofe mmiri.... , season of one chance taxi and buses because many people wanna travel back to the village with d latest cars and money to throw around,to tell others we have arrived,anyi egbu go-ozu tooto
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Omooba77:
From experience people are afraid more of 'Ember' months than other months of the year. Is it a myth or reality? Please share your experience. Happy new month of September to us all,God bless us all.
COS NAIJA IS FULL OF SUPERSTISIOUS PEOPLE.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE EMBER MONTH. AND YOU WHATSAPP PEOPLE angry STOP CONGRATULATING OR PRAYING FOR ME JUST BECAUSE IT IS SEPTEMBER.

WE WILL ALL DIE SOMEDAY OR RAPTURE WILL TAKE OVER US IF WE ARE STILL ALIVE.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Truckpusher(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Deejavuu:

Biko explain. I'm all ears/eyes grin
Well, it's got nothing to do with superstitious beliefs and all that jabah jabah !!!

During the last 20 yrs Nigerian roads were worse than they are today with numerous potholes and lots of these drivers are usually under the influence of alcohol ,then you have a situation where most people are almost travelling to their indigenous states,villages and towns because this is the period were everyone can go home and see family members that lives far away.

Now you have too many people travelling through these roads and all these factors can cause a lot of pressure and when the inevitable happens and considering that this situation lasted for a very long time the local people that couldn't tell why these too many accidents keep happening in a particular time of the year then attributed it to the 'ember' months and it stuck.

Bad roads(poor infrastructure)
Bad journey management
Mass movement of people
Bad vehicles that are prolly overworked as a result of demand for services
Drug and substance abuse by drivers
Over speed (as a result of the attitude of the drivers and the nature of the business ,where drivers try to load quickly and offload quickly to load again thereby making more money)

These factors were responsible for those deadly accidents that ravaged the country those years and if you notice you'll see that the moments the roads were getting better and the rate at which collisions are happening during these periods have reduced but not totally non existence anyway.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by martineverest(m): 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
Its a psychological prob
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by angelofurlife: 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
I think is because people love to fear for no reason. You hear them say ember month is dangerous and so I ask is there a month that bad things don't occur in? They tell me that, that of ember month is worse and so I call them liars and messengers of bad news and like the king(queen) iam I kill (do not listen to) the bearer of bad news.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Deejavuu(f): 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Well, it's got nothing to do with superstitious beliefs and all that jabah jabah !!!

During the last 20 yrs Nigerian roads were worse than they are today with numerous potholes and lots of these drivers are usually under the influence of alcohol ,then you have a situation where most people are almost travelling to their indigenous states,villages and towns because this is the period were everyone can go home and see family members that lives far away.

Now you have too many people travelling through these roads and all these factors can cause a lot of pressure and when the inevitable happens and considering that this situation lasted for a very long time the local people that couldn't tell why these too many accidents keep happening in a particular time of the year then attributed it to the 'ember' months and it stuck.

Bad roads(poor infrastructure)
Bad journey management
Mass movement of people
Bad vehicles that are prolly overworked as a result of demand for services
Drug and substance abuse by drivers
Over speed (as a result of the attitude of the drivers and the nature of the business ,where drivers try to load quickly and offload quickly to load again thereby making more money)

These factors were responsible for those deadly accidents that ravaged the country those years and if you notice you'll see that the moments the roads were getting better and the rate at which collisions are happening during these periods have reduced but not totally non existence anyway.

Okay. I catch your drift now, it's true about the road aspect too. Civilization too changed a whole lot of things too, but Nigerians generally we attach everything to being spiritual..
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by westlius(m): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Guys fear xmas because of xmas chopping for there babes while Babes fear xmas because of fear to catch beta bF during d season
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by sandracoopert(f): 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Omooba77:
From experience people are afraid more of 'Ember' months than other months of the year. Is it a myth or reality? Please share your experience. Happy new month of September to us all,God bless us all.

Baffles me too. Bad things bn happening since January, they won't read any meaning to it. When any Lil thing happens in any of the Ember months, they start analysing and attributing. Some will even say they don't travel on ember months.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Omooba77: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Agimor:
Op where did you get that theory from?

My head oh....
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Cleversheva9(m): 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Lero15:
This period, people travel a lot. So, accident rate increases.

And then the witches and wizards that would not want you to cross over to next year undecided this is the period they suck blood grin

All my Ibo peeps planning to go celebrate at their hometown, this is the period they closely monitor the containers grin they will do comprehensive insurance on their goods too.

And then any other thing u can think of.
Introvert and LadyF can add more... Only if they make frontpage cheesy

Happy "ember" period, good people.

May the Lord protect us.

Hahahahaha
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by tusmanali(m): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
God protection 2 all. Emba kide?
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by ZianaJordana(f): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
With me, it's the fact that we're approaching a new year. It kind of makes you reevaluate the year that's almost over, what you've achieved, or have your goals been met, and it also reminds you of your age. 2015 has flown by quick for me.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by darmys(f): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
onwa december no numego
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Leyemoshood: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
dunno for them
but as for me and my household every EMBArrassment the devil has planned for us in the remaining part of this year,my Jehovah God will turn it into a goodnews IJN Amen

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Future Of Igbo Highlife Music / Historical Sites In The Bende And Cross River Regions (photos) / African Time: Who Invented This Phrase?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.