Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem (8707 Views)

6 Unwritten Rules Of The Internet / Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / How Long Did You Wait For Adsense To Connect Ur Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by gidimasters(m): 7:36am On Sep 01, 2015
This is a simple and easy step by step tutorial to use your Android Phone as a Modem by Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth, USB cable (Tethering). Android Smartphone has a feature Tethering to share your Android device data connection with your PC or laptop.
This feature can come in handy when you have many devices that need internet connection at that particular time. And it will save you the extra cash you might probably need to buy a modern in other to brows with your PC (Desktop and Laptop computers)
Which Android Phone Is Supported?
All android phones that run on Android 2.1 and above. This is because android of such versions have support for USB connections, Bluetooth connections, and above all, WiFi connection which will be vital for this tutorial
Steps On How To Use Android Smartphone as a Modem via Wi-Fi hotspot:
Using wiFi tethering to brows on your PC is the easiest and fastest of all other options and the speed is really fast as long as you have a strong network reception.
Now below are the steps to adopt while configuring your phone to use its wifi on PC
1.Make sure your phone is adequately charged. If not, connect your phone to Computer using an original USB cable.
2.Press the Home button and then go to in phone Menu
3.Go to Settings after that Wireless networks section and then click onTethering & Portable Hotspot.
4.Now checksPortable Wi-Fi HotspotThen click onConfigure Wi-Fi HotspotRemember to type your customized Wifi name and password to protect your data from being accessed and used by a third party
5.Finally, click the "Network" option in the Windows Notification area and select the SSID name and you choose your phone then click on theConnectand enter your password to connect with your phone's data plan and start experiencing the speed at which you can brows with your laptop through your android phone
Steps On How You Can Use Android Smartphone as a Modem via USB cable:
Like i said earlier, android versions of 2.1 and above supports USB connection which means that almost all android phones are supported for this awesome feature. So lets see the steps by step procedure on how to use your android phone as a modem
1.Get an original USB cable and connect your android smartphone with it.
2.Then press the home button and go to the settings on your phone menu.
3.Click on wireless and look for network section
4. Nowclick on tethering and portablehotspot
5.Click the Check box signifying "USB Tethering" to start a USB data connection on your PC or Laptop Your PC automatically install driver. If the driver didn't install, then install driver Uncheck the option of sever the connection.
Steps On How To Use Android Smartphone as aModem via Bluetooth:
This method is not as fast as using WiFi and USB cable connection type but some people still uses it especially those that don't have WiFi hotpot feature on their phone
1.Switch On the Bluetooth on your phone via the wireless connection or tethering tab in your phone as the case maybe
2.Next click on theStartbutton on your computer
3.Now go toDevices and Printersand thenAdd a DeviceSelect your Android phone then clickNextbutton and pair your phone.
3.Go to the "Wireless & Networks" section option now click on theTethering & Portable HotspotAfter that Check "Bluetooth Tethering" to share your phone's Internet.

www.gidimasters.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by eagleae7(m): 7:40am On Sep 01, 2015
4 ur mind ur phone is not a modem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by vikyno(m): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2015
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 01, 2015
You didn't write this yourself. You did C&P (copy and paste)
Your post tittle alone. Said it all. How to can connect to internet on pc without modem. grin shocked cheesy cool shocked undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by gidimasters(m): 7:44am On Sep 01, 2015
eagleae7:
[B]4 ur mind [/B]ur phone is not a modem
If I Hear, So What Can D Modem Do Dat Ur Android, Windows, Ipad Etc Cant Do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by gidimasters(m): 7:46am On Sep 01, 2015
mikketech:
You didn't write this yourself. You did C&P (copy and paste)
Your post tittle alone. Said it all. How to can connect to internet on pc without modem. grin shocked cheesy cool shocked undecided
Oga Mikketech Wetin Again. Ah Se I Write Composed By Me Ni. Just Sharing The Stuff Na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2015
gidimasters:
Oga Mikketech Wetin Again. Ah Se I Write Composed By Me Ni. Just Sharing The Stuff Na
your tittle. Correct it sir. No offence. [quote][/quote] wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem by gidimasters(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2015
mikketech:
your tittle. Correct it sir. No offence. wink
done Sir I Go Catch U

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pls Which Website Can I Find Any Final Year Project In Nigeria / Abuja Web Or Software Programmers, Developers, And Designers Lets Meet Here / Professional Blog And Forum For Just12k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.