Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live (7926 Views)

United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets / List Of 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Elruhamah: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
You left out Ososo in Edo State
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by PAINGAIN: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
Looks like op listed some dialects as tribes. Anyways, cross river,adamawa and taraba gather tribes o.
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Blazinraj01(f): 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiobi8:

True..
Igbos dey for everywhere..

You can go in the middle of the bush in a remote area of a remote village in Kyrgyzstan and shout "Igbo kwenu" and you'll hear em say "eeeeehhhhh"..

Lol..
grin
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by richybanky(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
dafuturis:

ehya!!. just bare and hope for improvement, it's a year thing. God help us.
Amen
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by spiralwedge(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
richybanky:

There is Nupe in Kwara State

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you quoted the whole thing just for that one line.... hahahahahaahahaha
you must be from Nupe grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Cross river and her many tribes
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by richybanky(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
spiralwedge:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you quoted the whole thing just for that one line.... hahahahahaahahaha
you must be from Nupe grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hehehehe, am a yoruba guy just dat I can speak small nupe language which is good morning, afternoon, evening, good night, thank u and God bless you.. Dats d only tin I can speak for now grin grin grin
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Ultimate300(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
chai, you just cant count naija tribes, incomplete list. where is nupe? kambari, in niger state,
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by AlPeter: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
Dhugal:
I'm not seeing Ikwerre listed as a tribe. Btw,there are native Igbo in Edo,Akwa Ibom and C.River too.
native Igbo in Edo? Are you sure?
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by AlPeter: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
Dhugal:
I'm not seeing Ikwerre listed as a tribe. Btw,there are native Igbo in Edo,Akwa Ibom and C.River too.
native Igbo in Edo? Are you sure?
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Duru1(m): 10:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Every gathering of deluded villagers is now ethnic or tribal group in the zoo called Nigeria. In fact, Nigeria is glorified garbage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by spiralwedge(m): 11:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
richybanky:

Hehehehe, am a yoruba guy just dat I can speak small nupe language which is good morning, afternoon, evening, good night, thank u and God bless you.. Dats d only tin I can speak for now grin grin grin

Good night and God bless you too... that's all I know in English too grin grin
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by akatekpe(m): 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Plateau sha.. see plenty tribes in one state. No wonder hausa is next to English as official language in the state. A careful observation shows that Plateau has the highest number of tribes in Nigeria,in one Local Govt there are up to 10 different languages

1 Like

Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 02, 2015
hmmmm... nice try. But the people of Plateau that you label as Montol is actually wrong. Their name is Tehl and they live in Tunkus, Mikang LGA of Plateau. Montol is a derogatory name for them derived from a corruption of their name Mona tehl which means "I am Tehl".
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 02, 2015
Duru1:
Every gathering of deluded villagers is now ethnic or tribal group in the zoo called Nigeria. In fact, Nigeria is glorified garbage
I Hope you won't pass this your bitterness and pain to your children sha. there is beauty in diversity.
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by generalkofosi(m): 1:01am On Sep 02, 2015
What about the Ijebus and Egba and Egbados all from Ogun State
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by richybanky(m): 5:19am On Sep 02, 2015
spiralwedge:

Good night and God bless you too... that's all I know in English too grin grin
Hehehehe, I give up grin grin
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Skymiyke(f): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Aliyubest:

For a plateau babe... you must be dark, short and wellll endowed.

U Wan Try!
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Re they Igala ?, u guys answers Itsekiri names like Ayo , Its an Itsekiri Enclave in anioma land.

I met some Of them 1 day, Answering 1 yorubish name and an itsekiri like name, with mixture of Ika language .

Na wa God create

Are you sure it wasn't an Olukunmi person you met? Just be sure you aren't confusing Ebu with Olukunmi.

And second, who told you Ayo is exclusively Itsekiri? Cause I've met many Yoruba people known as Ayo.

1 Like

Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
Radoillo:

Are you sure it wasn't an Olukunmi person you met? Just be sure you aren't confusing Ebu with Olukunmi.

And second, who told you Ayo is exclusively Itsekiri? Cause I've met many Yoruba people known as Ayo.

Ayo is nt exclusive to us alone, Yoruba's answer that too. sorry about that..

I never asked him if he his from Olukumi or Ebu, But the way he spoke, I could hear some mixture Of My language with Ika dialect, He's name is Ayo too, my name sake, he his from those Delta North Axis
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Ayo is nt exclusive to us alone, Yoruba's answer that too. sorry about that..

I never asked him if he his from Olukumi or Ebu, But the way he spoke, I could hear some mixture Of My language with Ika dialect, He's name is Ayo too, my name sake, he his from those Delta North Axis

Well, since Itsekiri, Igala and Yoruba are all related tongues, it's quite possible that you could be hearing Igala or Yoruba and thinking it is Itsekiri.

Anyway, both Olukunmi and Ebu are in Delta North. Neither of them has anything to do with Ika dialect, as they are in Aniocha and Oshimili. Olukunmi is in Aniocha, and is a Yoruba enclave. Ebu is in Oshimili and is an Igala enclave. Both have been influenced by the Aniocha-Oshimili dialect. Their oral traditions and even the linguistic studies that have been done affirm they derive from Yoruba and Igala respectively.

This Itsekiri angle you are bringing in is new.

1 Like

Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Radoillo:

Well, since Itsekiri, Igala and Yoruba are all related tongues, it's quite possible that you could be hearing Igala or Yoruba and thinking it is Itsekiri.

Anyway, both Olukunmi and Ebu are in Delta North. Neither of them has anything to do with Ika dialect, as they are in Aniocha and Oshimili. Olukunmi is in Aniocha, and is a Yoruba enclave. Ebu is in Oshimili and is an Igala enclave. Both have been influenced by the Aniocha-Oshimili dialect. Their oral traditions and even the linguistic studies that have been done affirm they derive from Yoruba and Igala respectively.

This Itsekiri angle you are bringing in is new.

Can you educate me more on these.

do you mean D Olukumi re from Yoruba y Ebu re Igala ?

re u from dere?
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Can you educate me more on these.

do you mean D Olukumi re from Yoruba y Ebu re Igala ?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

re u from dere?

Actually, no, I'm not.

1 Like

Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by fctboy: 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
Point of correction, Miango is not a tribe in Plateau state but a district with the main town called Miango. The tribe that occupy the Miango district and KWall district is Irigwe both in Bassa L.G.A.
Re: Complete List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Nigeria Where They Live by fctboy: 9:15am On Oct 01, 2015
Point of correction, Miango is not a tribe in Plateau state but a district with
the main town called Miango. The tribe that occupy the Miango district and
KWall district is Irigwe both in Bassa L.G.A.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Attend The Inauguration Of Akufo-Addo, Ghana President-Elect / Do Our Political Parties Have Ideologies? / Two Years Remembrance Of Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.