Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Stealing Is Not Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stealing Is Not Corruption (539 Views)

Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing Is Not Corruption by tivta(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
I feel appalled when I read comments from supposed graduates who claim to have gone through higher education. When our former president made the comment "stealing is not corruption" most people shouted at him and called him various names, people first and foremost forgot that the former president Goodluck Ebele Johnathan was a university lecturer and therefore knows English language better than most of the citizens, he made it clear that stealing is different from corruption and even goggle acknowledges this

steal /stiːl/
verb
1. take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
2. move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.

corruption /kəˈrʌpʃ(ə)n/
noun
1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
2. the process by which a word or expression is changed from its original state to one regarded as erroneous or debased.
3. the process of decay; putrefaction.

Any English student will agree that the two words listed and explained above are not similar in anyway.

The purpose of this thread is to bring to the notice of government, the decay in our educational system.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption by Suspect33(m): 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Dont mind Nigerians, always looking for whom to blame, with the level our educational sector has fallen, am not suprised that they misunderstood the man(GEJ).

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption by jbcul4ril(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
My plead with Nigerians is that since they were patient with PDP/GEJ for all this years respectively, it will only be fair to be patient with PMB for 4years then we decide whether to give him another chance or not if he can continue in his age. All this sentiment of who and where someone is appointed from has never help us but only the relations of these office holders. If all our legislators for example use the community development funds to fix their various constituencies, we will be better off since 1999. Same with governors.
When i see DUBAI, i shed tears for this nation and i ask myself; How old is Nigeria compare to Dubai? We are less than zero behind. Okay let not go to DUbai, lets take Ghana for example; they are far ahead of us and we shamelessly go there for vacations. Kai!!
Why are we where we are today as a Nation? CORRUPTION.
In Abuja where am writing from are so many cheap properties for sale because people cannot find free money to steal again. Every linkage for siphoning government fund is blocked. We must encourage it. The resources of the nation must work for us all not for a few individuals and
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption by saintopus(m): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
GEJ was right. But you see most Nigerians were blinded by hypocrisy and Media propaganda that they refused to acknowledged this truth. If you say someone is corrupt while the person is actually a thief you tend to glorify the person. GEJ was actually trying to drive home to our understanding that it will be better if we call corrupt individuals thieves rather than a glorified name such as corruption.

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption by Ugik(m): 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
very few people tend to read in between the lines when he made that statement. the fuse made by the opposition was so enormous that the media cashed in on it and left the gullible Nigerian public to swallow it, hooks, lines and sinker. the bashing that greeted that statement publicly showed the level of intelligence exhibited by our leaders who took the advantage to score cheap political points but In retrospect showed us how naive they were including our own wole soyinka. the point is our education system is in comatose and our media which ought to be the bedrock of national unity as the 4th realm is actually tearing the country apart with news with quotes like"one of our sources told us, etc"its high time we hold our leaders, accountable to us and air our views devoid of ethnicity. been a buharist or a wailer wont guarantee that

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian President Or King Of The North? By Femi Fani Kayode / How Rochas Okorocha Stole 25.2bn Naira ($126.5m) In Three Months / Buhari Gives Interview On His First 100 Days-bbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.