Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,166 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! (46236 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / "Is That A Snake On Your Hand Temi?": Femi Otedola Asks Daughter On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue (Must Read!!!)

We must really be living in a jet-age because if you might wanna know, even with you just standing on the ATM users queue waiting for your turn (with your ATM card in your hand, someone behind you might just be paying for some bills with your hard earned cash.

So don't be surprised if it gets to your turn and you can't find any cash in your account again.
Yea...that's how technology has evolved.

So might wanna see my top 3 reasons why you should neither give someone you card to withdraw for you nor hold your ATM card in your hand while on the queue.

NOTE: there are many but I just culled my top 3, may differ from yours. ;-)

1. Online Shopping:
Without your ATM card PIN, one can still pay for goods online with your card, all that's needed is your card's:
»Serial number (the 15 or 16 digits in front if your card)
»Expiry date (just below the serial no.)
»Security digit (can be found at the back of your card, usually 3 digits )

2. Clone Cards:
Payoneer master card owners always fall victim to clone cards. If anybody get hold of your card, they can easily get all the details of the card and clone it exactly. The cloned cards can then be used to withdraw your money from any part of the world.

Payonneer might just not be the only victims but they are very common.

3. Payment of Bills From Scam Jobs or Websites:
If you give your card to somebody that is
knowledgeable about internet stuff, he can easily use your card details to sign up on websites like domain registrar, website hosting or some tutorial website that involves subscription. These websites will keep on sucking the hell out of your money monthly without your knowledge.

To avoid falling victim of any of these 3 and other dangers, don't give somebody else your ATM card for anything and keep your card in you purse or wallet while on the ATM queue.

Hope this helped...at least a bit?

http://naijatechies.tk/forum2_theme_112317925.xhtml?tema=2

51 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by MosakuAW(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by nellyelitz(m): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
@0P
This is what i hear and read almost every day. Can u pls tell us how the card can still be use without knowing the pin. This is the part am much interested to knw. Thanks

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by dayjee: 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Yes it really help...thanks

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
nellyelitz:
@0P
This is what i hear and read almost every day. Can u pls tell us how the card can still be use without knowing the pin. This is the part am much interested to knw. Thanks
if I wanna pay bills online, all I'd be asked to provide is the serial no, expiry date and security number of the card....so I don't really need your pin......
But if you still doubt me, send me the 3 details above via mail theowilly22@gmail.com or post it to me on NaijaTechies Forum and I'll just take N1,000 from it.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
dayjee:
Yes it really help...thanks
glad it did.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by chigoizie7(m): 12:55am On Sep 02, 2015
iyonortw:
if I wanna pay bills online, all I'd be asked to provide is the serial no, expiry date and security number of the card....so I don't really need your pin......
But if you still doubt me, send me the 3 details above via mail theowilly22@gmail.com or post it to me on NaijaTechies Forum and I'll just take N1,000 from it.

Like I want to shop online, what and what do I need to do? Do I need my bank to make some configurations b4 I could do that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by nellyelitz(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=iyonortw post=37575849] if I wanna pay bills online, all I'd be asked to provide is the serial no, expiry date and security number of the card....so I don't really need your pin......

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by ndaman25: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2015
Noted........
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Lovexme(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2015
Is that so?
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by ki02020(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2015
Nawao.....
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by tym92(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by godson99(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2015
Understood
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by efilefun(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
@0P
You don't need ATM pin to shop online, all they need is the card number, exp date and Security which is the 3digits behind your card... And you surely gonna wake up to an empty account grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Starships4u(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by damrmd02(f): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2015
On point
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 02, 2015
Ok! Noted!
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Richie0974: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Learnt something..... Bad.... #evillaugh grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Starships4u(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2015
This topic cool but.......for those weh get money for Acc

4 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Bugatie(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
bro I don't knw the kind of bills ur talking about, no online transaction can be completed without ur pin and otp which will be sent to ur phone. So u ended up not explaining nothing.

Thomas just stop doubting and handle ur card with utmost secrecy

15 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Daniel058(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Nb
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by missKiffy(f): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2015
We yaff hear
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by slimmyjimmy(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Notn do me
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by rotexteymie(f): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2015
NOTED
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by hensben(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Thanks.
Note; this advice is only for those that have money in their account (s) and not for broke guys.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by fixedhollies(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Great..... Can easily take all ur money with those details. Will even use the money to buy on aliexpress.com secure your card, nothing as important in your card than the 3 secret number at the back, your pin is useless..... Please use the information well. Be watchful.

5 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Houseofglam7(f): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Nice information
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2015
True yarns...

Happy birthday to me...show your girl some love grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by airsaylongcon: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
@0P

nellyelitz:
bro I don't knw the kind of bills ur talking about, no online transaction can be completed without ur pin and otp which will be sent to ur phone. So u ended up not explaining nothing.

I don't know about local websites buy I regularly shop on amazon UK. And I have never provided my PIN or OTP. I was shocked

3 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Dobxy(m): 11:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Some people still don't know that there are some stuffs you can do online that'll not require ur pin or OTP.....esp if it's a MasterCard....btw, is it so difficult to keep ur ATM Card where it won't be exposed to anyhow person?
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by ibkgab001: 11:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Local

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / 'Hot-Cake' Business Opportunities in Nigeria / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.