Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,037 members, 7,799,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! (46259 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / "Is That A Snake On Your Hand Temi?": Femi Otedola Asks Daughter On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by blank(f): 11:49am On Sep 02, 2015
iyonortw:
if I wanna pay bills online, all I'd be asked to provide is the serial no, expiry date and security number of the card....so I don't really need your pin......
But if you still doubt me, send me the 3 details above via mail theowilly22@gmail.com or post it to me on NaijaTechies Forum and I'll just take N1,000 from it.

I am interested in knowing how you can make payments without my internet pin or OTP.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Jalal(m): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2015
SO TRUE!

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Bugatie(m): 11:50am On Sep 02, 2015
iyonortw:
if I wanna pay bills online, all I'd be asked to provide is the serial no, expiry date and security number of the card....so I don't really need your pin......
But if you still doubt me, send me the 3 details above via mail theowilly22@gmail.com or post it to me on NaijaTechies Forum and I'll just take N1,000 from it.

Bros your wicked o

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by mschubby: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2015
Noted. thanks
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by sandammy(m): 11:51am On Sep 02, 2015
Not with my Gtb master card that requires you to have a token device linked to your account. Paying bills online you must enter the token digits. So how can you complete an online transaction without it?.

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by madridguy(m): 11:51am On Sep 02, 2015
Please you're strongly advise to heed to his advise. He got vital point.

nellyelitz:
bro I don't knw the kind of bills ur talking about, no online transaction can be completed without ur pin and otp which will be sent to ur phone. So u ended up not explaining nothing.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Bugatie(m): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2015
blank:

I am interested in knowing how you can make payments without my internet pin or OTP.

A site like Aliexpress.com and others don't need any Otp to authorise payment

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by kossyablaze(m): 11:53am On Sep 02, 2015
missKiffy:
We yaff hear
lol u r lucky I almost caught u with ur normal ( . )

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
bro I don't knw the kind of bills ur talking about, no online transaction can be completed without ur pin and otp which will be sent to ur phone. So u ended up not explaining nothing.
Stop the ignorance... Op is correct... Even paying for forms these days, all They ask is your 15digits card number, expiry date and the 3digits behind... Tho GT Bank is an exception because of token...
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by benedicts(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2015
[size=20pt].I can explainbetter if u can snap your ATM card front and back. And send. To me via my mail. [/size]
nellyelitz:

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by charlesbailey(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2015
Nice... the more reason i don;t bring out my card until its my turn to use the macchine
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Dauchman(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
benedicts:
[size=20pt].I can explainbetter if u can snap your ATM card front and back. And send. To me via my mail. [/size]

You forget another important item....billing address...most sites would not let you shop with an incorrect billing address
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by ceejayluv(m): 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
try purchase something from play store or subscribe to premium plan on LinkedIn or subscribe to tutorial on Lynda. com ... none require PIN.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by ceejayluv(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dauchman:

You forget another important item....billing address...most sites would not let you shop with an incorrect billing address
true but not all...

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Kunlexic(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
make i dey follow
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
blank:

yes I can
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bugatie:

Bros your wicked o
na only N1,000 nah...
just so he can believe

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Segadem(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dobxy:
Some people still don't know that there are some stuffs you can do online that'll not require ur pin or OTP.....esp if it's a MasterCard....btw, is it so difficult to keep ur ATM Card where it won't be exposed to anyhow person?
if that is the case,it is better to have one account with limited amount with your ATM and have your life saving account without ATM grin because there is no way one can keep this numbers for ever.

4 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by asumo12: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
@0P
This is what i hear and read almost every day. Can u pls tell us how the card can still be use without knowing the pin. This is the part am much interested to knw. Thanks

My access bank atm was used by my brother for online shopping without having my pin!

The tin surprise me sha!
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Fourwinds: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
So y cannt u send those details to OP and let see if it works. I like experimenting.

Please OP don't forget to inform us about d hypothesis turn theory
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Marksule(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thanks
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by deeptesting(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bugatie:

Thomas just stop doubting and handle ur card with utmost secrecy

Can u give one example of an online site where i can shop without a request for my card pin? Please don't get angry or beat around the bush. We are all here to learn, thank you as i await your provision of the online site.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fourwinds:
So y cannt u send those details to OP and let see if it works. I like experimenting.

Please OP don't forget to inform us about d hypothesis turn theory
no qualms.... just help me tell him I'm only gonna use N1,000...

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by slye(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:

The OP is right... For example buying some sites doesn't need your pin but just your card number and the 3 digits at the back.eg Aliexpress
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by airlord2020: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
sandammy:
Not with my Gtb master card that requires you to have a token device linked to your account. Paying bills online you must enter the token digits. So how can you complete an online transaction without it?.

Not a must. I still used gtbank master card to do transaction on a foreign site and it went without request for token or pin

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Fourwinds: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
iyonortw:

yes I can
@OP. I have asked d doubting Thomas to send his details to u so dat u can confirm d experiment...It is dat I like experiment. I'm a science student...please let me know d outcome
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Elparaiso(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
deeptesting:

Can u give one example of an online site where i can shop without a request for my card pin? Please don't get angry or beat around the bush. We are all here to learn, thank you as i await your provision of the online site.
blank:

iyonortw:
The op is not lying... Most American Websites do not require your pin for any transaction..... even physically, your credit card does not need a pin in America. All you do is swipe.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by benedicts(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dauchman:

billin. Address is a preset address u create with d site u are buying from. Have u asked yourself, why. Is it. Possible for u to other order for a product or maybe someone paying for your dstv subscription for u online with his. Own card? My broda your PiN is just useful only at d POS machine or ATM. Your billing address is very unimportant here when it comes to online chopping.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
I do lots of stuff online, pay for domain name, shop online even pay some bills for registration online...
I've never been asked for my pin before...

before creating my website (tech forum) NaijaTechies Forum , I've trued blogging and bought domain names...
all payments online without pin

if you still don't believe , contact me on NaijaTechies Forum or [url=mailto:theowilly22@gmail.com] mail me [/url]

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by missKiffy(f): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
kossyablaze:
lol u r lucky I almost caught u with ur normal ( . )
Normal what
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Fourwinds: 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
deeptesting:

d way wey I dey use eyes dey look u., hope say u never peep my ATM details

dis ur curiosity dey fear me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Hot-Cake' Business Opportunities in Nigeria / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship / Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.