Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! (46276 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / "Is That A Snake On Your Hand Temi?": Femi Otedola Asks Daughter On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
it is only common sense.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Arsenate:
most guys here forming doubting Thomases are in reality not doubting that this can happen. they just wanna get more details as to how this scam really works so they could perpetrate this very crime on unsuspecting Nigerians and those not fortunate enough to come across this thread.
don't divulge any more information.
trust me man.... I know them by their question.... I'm a bad techie as well...
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
chigoizie7:

This is a nice thread op, but op u invariably thought many of us bad thing.
well....I advice you help spread the message...
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by benedicts(m): 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
.[size=20pt]MY ADVICE FOR ALL!!! Memorize the 3 digit at the back. Of. Your ATM card and then scratch it off neatly. That is the. Best way to protect your ATM. GOD bless cool [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by felucci(m): 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Just the Card number, PIN and expiry date? Those are not the only things you need to make payments online. You also need an OTP which will be sent to the person's phone when shopping on local Nigerian websites or at least the person's other personal details like home address and phone number before shopping on foreign websites. So, you can't just remove funds from a Nigerian ATM card you picked up on the road. You also need a token or their personal details to shop online and for ATMs, you also need the 4 DIGIT pin.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by agitator: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
blank:

I am interested in knowing how you can make payments without my internet pin or OTP.

International merchant sites don't request for Token, internet pin or OTP.

It is only netteller and Nigerian sites which requires such to complete a transaction.

When your card is used to purchase goods on sites like Amazon, Aliexpress, European and US sites, only the Card Number, Expiry Date and 3 digits Security on be reverse side are required. wink wink wink

sandammy:
Not with my Gtb master card that requires you to have a token device linked to your account. Paying bills online you must enter the token digits. So how can you complete an online transaction without it?.

I also own a Zenith and GTB mastercards and used both to make payments and purchase items on aliexpress several times without using the token. cool cool cool
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
GUYS I GOT A REQUEST...PLSSS...
HELP ME GROW THIS WEBSITE
NAIJATECHIES FORUM
THANKS....
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by felucci(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
If you provide a wrong address or phone number when shopping on foreign websites, the ATM card would not be accepted.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by kossyablaze(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
missKiffy:
Normal what

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
felucci:
Just the Card number, PIN and expiry date? Those are not the only things you need to make payments online. You also need an OTP which will be sent to the person's phone when shopping on local Nigerian websites or at least the person's other personal details like home address and phone number before shopping on foreign websites. So, you can't just remove funds from a Nigerian ATM card you picked up on the road. You also need a token or their personal details to shop online and for ATMs, you also need the 4 DIGIT pin.
SEND ME JUST THE ABOVE 3 DETAILS
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by criuze(m): 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Am somehow critical about this system of online payment . it's never been secured

They can easily strip you
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by felucci(m): 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nigerian banks are not that stupid to allow ATM cards to have weak security by displaying all the information on a piece of plastic. If you even do succeed in getting the person's other details such as address and phone number, you can still be caught.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by felucci(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
iyonortw:
SEND ME JUST THE ABOVE 3 DETAILS

You can't buy things on Quickteller without an OTP. You can't do internet banking without a token. You can't shop on Amazon or Aliexpress without providing the correct billing address and phone number.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
felucci:
Nigerian banks are not that stupid to allow ATM cards to have weak security by displaying all the information on a piece of plastic. If you even do succeed in getting the person's other details such as address and phone number, you can still be caught.
PROVE IT....AND LET ME PROVE MINE...
SEND D DETAILS...

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by DaBullIT(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
iyonortw:

http://naijatechies.tk/forum2_theme_112317925.xhtml?tema=2

Good post, but if you can , modify your writeup and ask ever nairalander / Nigerian to link their cards with a payment gateway , i prefer quickteller, if a card is linked, they'll always send OTP codes to your phone before transaction is processed / approved,

Thought this might help on front page
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Thosen(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
There's a new app that address the card security issue effectively. It was launched by Access Bank last month.
It's called PayWithCapture (www.paywithcapture.com) and works online and offline.

It's a secure, convenient and smart way to make payments on-line, in-store and In-app. It's already accepted by Spar, Medplus, Arik Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Jumia, Konga, payporte, Airtime purchase and so many more merchants.

Simply download the app for free (on iOS, Android, Blackberry platforms),
Link your payment mode (Card, Bank Account or Mobile wallet)
Scan QR-Codes at merchant locations, confirm amount and PAY!

Payment is as simple as taking a selfie.

Other benefits:
Quick, one-click payment The app can be linked to all accounts, cards, and mobile wallets.
You do not need to type in your card details online or expose your cards for transactions anymore.
The accounts identifies and debits a funded account if the default account is not funded.
Works offline.
Can be set up to make regular payments.
Can be used by customers of all banks (through their credit/debit cards).

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by agitator: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
felucci:
If you provide a wrong address or phone number when shopping on foreign websites, the ATM card would not be accepted.

Crap!!! I have purchased products, made payments and sent to an address in another country. Goods were delivered. It is only paypal that you must send to your registered address. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nigeriatraining: 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Be a ‪‎PROFESSIONAL MANAGER and be ‪‎CERTIFIED register to apply for a TRAINING in "PMP + Ms-Project"
Duration: 5 days
Weekends only: Saturday and Sunday
Starting date: September 12th, 13th, 19th,20th and 26th (First batch)
October 3rd, 4th 10th, 11th and 17th (Second batch)
Time: 10am to 4pm

for more information.
08170103366 I BBPin: 2B80B990
www.nigeriatrainingcourses.com/events/pmp-ms-project/

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by bummyla(m): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Thosen(m): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
agitator:

Crap!!! I have purchased products, made payments and sent to an address in another country. Goods were delivered. It is only paypal that you must send to your registered address. shocked shocked shocked

Well, maybe Paypal and PayWithCapture (www.paywithcapture.com)
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Sixteen2012: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm I find it hard to believe. Though I haven't shop on foreign sites with atm except for Nigerian sites that requires otp. But I still doubt the possibility of taking out my money without knowing my billing address and phone number. Once you details is correct, payment goes through.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
Yeah right, it happened to me last week, just got a debit message and the switching website. So I called my bank to block my Debit card since I know there's no way to get the money back. Meanwhile the card was with me all through.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by anigbajumo(m): 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Chai,una don spoil working guy work b dat @OP...

Av even knw dis in my sec sch daea
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Skoopy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
@0P
This is what i hear and read almost every day. Can u pls tell us how the card can still be use without knowing the pin. This is the part am much interested to knw. Thanks

Bros, if you've booked and paid for flight online, you'll understand the OP really good.

Just take the caution.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by nellyelitz(m): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Skoopy:

Bros, if you've booked and paid for flight online, you'll understand the OP really good.

Just take the caution.
I was only fixated on funding account online, but I now see d point
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Smooyis(m): 2:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
Without one's pin? So what is the essence of the pin then?
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by armadeo(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
I need the pin to use an atm card.

I have shopped online it's always asked for.

Liars!!
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by daret002(m): 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Its no joke!....ama try dis shit out sometimes with my popsy's atm...I've done a lot of withdrawer with it, let's make the "thiefing" known internationally. Bewarned! Op u are not safe too
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by Panshow(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
nellyelitz:
@0P
This is what i hear and read almost every day. Can u pls tell us how the card can still be use without knowing the pin. This is the part am much interested to knw. Thanks
I bought a domain name on godaddy and I wasn't asked for my pin number. I was asked to provide only the card number, exp date and vvc or something like that (that 3 digits at the back of your card). So you better keep your card safe.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by herrlekan(m): 2:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
armadeo:
I need the pin to use an atm card.

I have shopped online it's always asked for.

Liars!!

Don't just call people liars because you don't know and believed what they are saying. It's better for you to adhere to their advice.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! by NotNairalandi(m): 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
iyonortw:
if I wanna pay bills online, all I'd be asked to provide is the serial no, expiry date and security number of the card....so I don't really need your pin......
But if you still doubt me, send me the 3 details above via mail theowilly22@gmail.com or post it to me on NaijaTechies Forum and I'll just take N1,000 from it.
guy u bi tief ,so na u collect my 1k last week.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get. / Why Is Money Hard To Find/get ? / 'Hot-Cake' Business Opportunities in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.