Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police (18530 Views)

Boy Saves Buchi From Being Kidnapped By Islamic Militants (Photos) / Bobrisky Arrested By Lagos Police For Assaulting A Lady Who Was Filiming Him / Cynthia Morgan's Stolen Range Rover Found By Lagos Police (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by amexclusive: 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
The attack on a team of policemen in Owutu area of Ikorodu, Lagos, in the early hours of Monday, during which three policemen were shot dead and others injured, was said to have been carried out by militants-turned vandals.

This is just as the policeman, who managed to escape from the scene of the shooting, attributed his survival to his name.

The surviving policeman, a Sergeant identified as Fortunate Endurance Imasuen, according to a family friend who spoke on condition, said: “My name, Fortunate, saved me. For the first time in my life, I knew the meaning of my name.

“I am indeed fortunate and I thank God for my parents who gave me such name.”

Sergeant Imasuen, said to be in a stable condition yesterday, was reportedly shot in the leg.
Impeccable sources disclosed that the militants, who attacked the policemen, were clad in black shirts and trousers, with red bands tied on their heads.

They were reportedly alerted by their colleagues who were apprehended by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, for onward transfer to the Anti-Pipeline Vandalism squad.

At press time, the whereabouts of the three policemen said to have been shot by the vandals were yet unknown.

Information at Vanguard’s disposal revealed that trouble was allegedly caused by operatives of the SARS who were deplored to the area to checkmate activities of vandals.

A total of 150 SARS operatives were reportedly deplored to Ishawo area to complement efforts of policemen from Owutu Division.

It was also gathered that SARS operatives pin-down point was different from that of policemen from Owutu.

Between SARS,  Owutu police
Report had it that while a team of policemen from Owutu allegedly allowed the vandals passage, their colleagues from SARS insisted on handing them over to the Anti-Pipeline Vandalism Unit inspite of explanation by the vandals that they had allegedly paid an unspecified amount to some of their colleagues.

The argument reportedly went on for about 30 minuites, when all of a sudden, their colleagues, numbering over 50, stormed the area and opened fire on the unsuspecting policemen, killing three of them on the spot.

Although one of the vandals was reportedly shot dead, his body was said to have been taken away in one of his colleagues’ operational vehicles, alongside that of the dead policemen.

Police reacts
Spokesperson of Lagos State Police Command, Patricia Amadin, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, confirmed the attack.

She said: “ The policemen encountered an attack by armed men suspected to be militants at about 3a.m., Monday.

“Meanwhile, the command is on the lookout for three of its personnel discovered missing after the encounter, while an intensive manhunt is on for the fleeing felons.

“The command appeals to the public to volunteer in-formation and report cases of pesons with gunshot wounds to the nearest station.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/militants-take-over-pipeline-vandalism-in-lagos-police/

Tragedy struck on Monday on Ishawo Road, Ikorodu, Lagos State, after some Ijaw youths, suspected to be pipeline vandals, opened fire on policemen in the area, killing four.

While three of the deceased were attached to the Owutu Police Division, one was from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

Residents said the Ijaw youths took away the corpses of three of their victims.

Our correspondent observed during a visit to the area that there was apprehension in the community, while there were still bloodstains at the scene of the shooting.
http://www.blacksatino.com/2015/09/ikorodu-youths-attacks-policemen-kills.html

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by alonzoiv(m): 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
Pathetic
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by vizkiz: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
amexclusive:
Tragedy struck on Monday on Ishawo Road, Ikorodu, Lagos State, after some Ijaw youths, suspected to be pipeline vandals, opened fire on policemen in the area, killing four.

While three of the deceased were attached to the Owutu Police Division, one was from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

Residents said the Ijaw youths took away the corpses of three of their victims.

Our correspondent observed during a visit to the area that there was apprehension in the community, while there were still bloodstains at the scene of the shooting.

see more; http://www.blacksatino.com/2015/09/ikorodu-youths-attacks-policemen-kills.html

hey fool!!! Change this shiit away from ikorodu youths to ijaw youths. Stop spreading false information angry

And that picture you uploaded is not ishawo road. Pathetic! undecided

IzonOwei:
what do you mean by this useless comment....which ijaw youths...so ona no like vandalize pipeline

na your papa dey for where dem dey vandalize pipeline abi? Retard! undecided

I stay at ishawo and I know much more about the fuel ish happening there. The ijaws are those terrorizing that area with guns killing millitary officials and the cops...over 10 millitary men was killed these past 4 months

Sophisticated Bastard! angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by wasco24: 6:55am On Sep 02, 2015
I angry
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:55am On Sep 02, 2015
Quite unfortunate, but I don't think I feel anything for those beast's in black..

3 Likes

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Sweetcollins: 6:55am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm, should we blame it on GEJ still?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Milly02(m): 6:55am On Sep 02, 2015
Pathetic
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 02, 2015
Oh ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by DankemzI(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2015
grin

Are they starting to make the country ungovernable

#BuharisBodyMovements.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by thefakestan: 6:57am On Sep 02, 2015
E be like say, so once there is Vandalism they'll call sme people.

Nigeria.

ThefakeStan
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by adesegun121(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2015
As yardua to militant..

Jonathan to boko haram

buhari to militant Again abi??

Every soul that plan to terrorist my country will surely die by fire...

Awon oloriburuku oshi..

Nkan rere oo da loju won..

Sai baba carry on...
Buhari we dey ur back...

7 Likes

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Sweetcollins: 6:57am On Sep 02, 2015
Naija, a confused country
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Cameleon72(f): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2015
Its will soon be resolved

3 Likes

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by YoursGEJ(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2015
Send in NA to go and take care of those criminals. Militancy will have no place under a PMB govt.

5 Likes

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Alfred200825(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2015
Drones dey come for dem nor worry

2 Likes

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Dejmax(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2015
Okay....
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by truefact: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2015
Odua republic loading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Cirphrank(m): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2015
hmmmm, ***can't be as worse as the thought of UNIBEN exam on my mind*** #jst_kidn

God help us.
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by efilefun(m): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by princemillla(m): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2015
They r hungry now.... Amnesty no pay again

3 Likes

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by spark4daz(f): 7:00am On Sep 02, 2015
The GOOD, the BAD, the UGLY. all in Lagos

that policeman Fortunate must have had the scare of his life

1 Like

Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Hardaysheenar(m): 7:00am On Sep 02, 2015
alonzoiv:
Pathetic
....wat a sad story
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by bobchigar(m): 7:00am On Sep 02, 2015
That's sad
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by oshe11: 7:01am On Sep 02, 2015
ok
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by ElPhenomenal(m): 7:01am On Sep 02, 2015
Why take the corpse
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Dcaliphate(m): 7:01am On Sep 02, 2015
Booboo oya nw, o'setigo
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by powerfulsettingz: 7:01am On Sep 02, 2015
I no get tym for this rubbish.
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:01am On Sep 02, 2015
angry
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by kennyman2000(m): 7:02am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by yungblurd(m): 7:03am On Sep 02, 2015
Crazy dtuff sad sad
Re: Militants Take Over Pipeline Vandalism In Lagos — Police by 80million1: 7:03am On Sep 02, 2015
Maka Why?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waconzy: 'Harrysong You Can Only Beat Depression By Finding Jesus’ / Osagz Apologizes To Wizkid For Verbally Abusing Him / Uti Nwachukwu Celebrates His 30th Birthday With 67 Widows (with video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.