Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (66154 Views)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by bukatyne(f): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
cheesy What do you say to a desperate individual? You simply tell them what they want to hear. grin

These days they no longer pronounce the word 'marriage' because some girls can hold you to your words eh! cheesy

They slide it in during serious talks and allow her to choose the most positive probable outcome of such cunning talk. tongue

Women are too smart but we are always one step ahead of them. cool

Sad sad.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Truckpusher(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Sad sad.
What's sad about it ? That's what you get for being gullible. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Ephemmm: 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your wedding?

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

How do you feel about the marriage now? Do you feel you did the right thing?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Feel free to talk sense into my head, I need to hear hard truths.

The earlier you recognize the fact that love is a decision and not a feeling, the better for you. #haveyoudecided?#

11 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by queenfav(f): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
Its very simple..You are not ready for marriage yet.Being with a guy for 100 years doesn't make you emotionally mature enough to handle the commitment of marriage.This is why I tell my friends I am not ready for marriage now.In your mid 20's you are still stuck up on the mills and boons inspired romantic fantasies of a 'perfect' man somewhere.My advice,call off the wedding.Anyways,I blame bellanaija weddings for making it look like getting married is all about the proposal drama,cute engagement ring and lavish wedding ceremony.Its not my dear..I am single but I can tell you authoritatively that marriage isn't as easy as its cracked up to be.It takes work,a total decision to stick with your partner and guidance from God.just face it,have you asked yourself why you even accepted his proposal?Is it because you have dated for 5 years and its only natural to get married?Or maybe because he is ripe for marriage ie has a job,his own apartment and the whole nine.Personally I don't think you even know the meaning of commitment.Its sticking to a person,through great and not so great times..Be honest,you stopped loving your fiance a very long time ago.If not,chance no go dey to even meet the new guy.I am in a relationship,and I keep just platonic male frnds that I discuss my career with.No time to waste in smiling over a guy saying 'good morning beautiful' and other sweet rubbish to me.Not when I have a committed relationship relationship.You created the allowance in your heart to fall for the new guy.Biko,I repeat you are not ready for marriage.I see you to be a lady who wants fun,experience and the thrill of being with other guys.Please do that if it would hit you with a healthy dose of reality.All this advice will not sink in cos deep down you want to be with the new guy.Even your fiance is tired too..a man that can go a week ..then 3 months without calling you simply doesn't love you!!!That's a fact.Just do what would make you happy.That's what counts.Sometimes you'll win,sometimes you'll lose.But more importantly you'll learn!

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by sarilo4lif: 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Well said my dear!

queenfav:
Its very simple..You are not ready for marriage yet.Being with a guy for 100 years doesn't make you emotionally mature enough to handle the commitment of marriage.This is why I tell my friends I am not ready for marriage now.In your mid 20's you are still stuck up on the mills and boons inspired romantic fantasies of a 'perfect' man somewhere.My advice,call off the wedding.Anyways,I blame bellanaija weddings for making it look like getting married is all about the proposal drama,cute engagement ring and lavish wedding ceremony.Its not my dear..I am single but I can tell you authoritatively that marriage isn't as easy as its cracked up to be.It takes work,a total decision to stick with your partner and guidance from God.just face it,have you asked yourself why you even accepted his proposal?Is it because you have dated for 5 years and its only natural to get married?Or maybe because he is ripe for marriage ie has a job,his own apartment and the whole nine.Personally I don't think you even know the meaning of commitment.Its sticking to a person,through great and not so great times..Be honest,you stopped loving your fiance a very long time ago.If not,chance no go dey to even meet the new guy.I am in a relationship,and I keep just platonic male frnds that I discuss my career with.No time to waste in smiling over a guy saying 'good morning beautiful' and other sweet rubbish to me.Not when I have a committed relationship relationship.You created the allowance in your heart to fall for the new guy.Biko,I repeat you are not ready for marriage.I see you to be a lady who wants fun,experience and the thrill of being with other guys.Please do that if it would hit you with a healthy dose of reality.All this advice will not sink in cos deep down you want to be with the new guy.Even your fiance is tired too..a man that can go a week ..then 3 months without calling you simply doesn't love you!!!That's a fact.Just do what would make you happy.That's what counts.Sometimes you'll win,sometimes you'll lose.But more importantly you'll learn!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Bonapart(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
5minsmadness:
If you were religious I'd say you should pray.

You didn't have any issues with your man until the wedding date started drawing close.

All of a sudden you are having communication or whatever issues and a charming young man(snake) comes into your life.

A legend I read about a long time ago tells of how a person's good fortune is always put to the test at the last minute just to see if you are indeed worthy of such fortune. If you pass the test u live happily ever after. If u fail, u regret it for the rest of your life.

Choose wisely.
best contribution so far.... so so spiritual. But nairalanders dnt wanna hear that

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by aspirebig: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
Then sort yourself out before you marry.

You still have time to go ahead with it or say no now.

No need to rush in and out.

Pray about it seriously.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by nwakaibeya1: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_HYeb2Io8 the judgement and revenge of the God of justice has come and he has began in the spiritual and will be manifesting little by little as the things of God remains a gradual process and those who knows about the spiritual understand this truth and revelation
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by greggng: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
End that marriage now. That 5 years was a wasted years cos both of you didnt understand why you are in a relationship. Seek the face of the lord in prayers for direction. Those that truly wanna marry dont date for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by per1: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

Did you meet someone amazing and you wanted him but decided to go ahead and marry your spouse?

I'm in my mid 20s and I'm getting married next month, we've been together for almost 5years. He is the love of my life and I've never doubted my love for him or the fact that I wanted a family with him. He's got everything I want in a man.

The problem is we started having issues about 6 months ago, we stopped talking like before and we are completely disconnected now especially on my end but we're still going ahead with the marriage plan and I still want to marry him.

I met another guy I am really attracted to and we've been talking about a lot. He knows I am having issues with my man and I can't tell him we are planning to get married.

I'm having doubts about my man now, I'm confused, I feel I'll be happier with this new guy, I'm thinking it's lust but it's getting more complicated. Should I go on with the wedding?

Speak with a man of God
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by frisky2good(m): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Just sleep with the new guy a couple of times and you will appreciate the one that has stayed for 5 years. Don't be scared or shy about it, just do it. It helps

Squig:
Did you have doubts about your spouse before your åwedding?

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by DJMCOTTY(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

E dey your body!
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by saintdre(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

I pity u, u bera go back to ur man point out the problems and figure out the possible solutions... this ur new demon will destroy u just kontunu..... awon oloriburku okunrin adale ru always everywhere to spoil something good... na cancer go kill them mtcheeew
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by MrBasketball: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Just imagine a lady getting married soon, and she's feeling for another guy, in which the main guy know nothing about it thinking he had found a wife.

All these nonsensical ladies nowadays.

9 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
HA...NIGERIAN GIRLS/WOMEN...SMH embarassed angry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Missmossy(f): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
Five years is such a long time!!!

That you guys didn't break up is the only reason you need to stick to him. Major reason i frown at long period of courtship before marriage especially in this age of ours.

Notwithstanding, no excuse is really okay to part ways now, but if you really want to, then go on now. It won't be good for you guys to go on as you have harbored the thoughts of you guys parting ways already.

I hate complications, break it off now than lead the guy on. Not nice though.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by kurtCobain(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Chill till u av no doubts

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by toyese01(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
TooNoisy:
Let's just say you are cheating a month to your wedding. Please cancel it, you don't deserve that guy! You deserve someone that will treat you like trash!

#Gbam,person wey get head no get cap and vise-versa, she needs someone that will treat her like animal wey go ..♍ãk̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊ her come nairalad kon Dey shout say "he imprenated Me and left Me †̥ suffer"

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Themandator: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Cancel the marriage and see how you end your life in red and black candles prayer houses?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by AreaFada2: 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
I guess you always had doubts that became more pronounced closer to wedding date.

You're probably not so much in love with your man as before. That's why another guy was able to partly steal your heart.
Getting married next month would be a kind of deception.
Forget what people would say and postpone the marriage. You need time for introspection.
A cancelled wedding is still better than an unhappy one, adultery or divorce soon after.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Chubhie: 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Oh Lawd!... Girls of nowadays. undecided

First of all, I'm not married, Nor am I a marriage counsellor. But I'll tell you something. If you know what's good for you, Go ahead with your wedding, for goodness sake, You've been with your man for five years, five solid years; So because one nonentity came around you want to change your mind. undecided

I know, this new guy has more money??... Offers better sex

Oh please!
More money and better sex? The lady should go for the improved offer then write the former guy and tell him not to take it personal cos it is just business. I feel this is what is good for the lady. She has already seen all of the former guy and enjoyed all there is to enjoy. If all parties are to look at issues without being emotional then this is the right long term solution.
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by anwo247: 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
The OP is just another typical Nigerian girls who are known for unfaithfulness. .... yes be more and more confused because of your unfaithfulness. Mtchewwwwww

11 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Holuwakemmy16(f): 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
My dear plz go wit d first guy
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
AreaFada2:
I guess you always had doubts that became more pronounced closer to wedding date.

You're probably not so much in love with your man as before. That's why another guy was able to partly steal your heart.
Getting married next month would be a kind of deception.
Forget what people would say and postpone the marriage. You need time for introspection.
A cancelled wedding is still better that an unhappy one, adultery or divorce soon after.

Lobatan grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by toyese01(m): 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
Some reply even long pass †̥ђε thread, abegi I don put mouth for †̥ђε matter, arabinrin ise aiye re Ooº°°ºoo,

Walks away grin grin grin
Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Edusouls(m): 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
Rukkydelta:
So you mean you were not sure of your husband to be after 5 years When you notice that the communication was breaking off what do you do about it? Sis that new guy is just a temptation to you Don't make a rash decision that you'll regret later I'll suggest you cut off any sort of communication with this new guy and please take your situation to God in prayers
please thanks for advising ur fellow woman rightlyy, haba u women can easily get wickedly confused and deviate dangerously to the very wrong path...

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by RiffRaff: 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
there is no point wasting time.. Call of the wedding.
Your heart is no longer in it. Dont go ahead and get married, then become a cheat.
Just say goodbye, do the right thing by calling it off now. Then go and start a new relationship with ur new found love.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
That you have been with him for 5years is not a guarantee that you are getting it right, do not ignore any signs, so as to avoid a regret. From experience, this marriage might not make u happy coz deep down, u ll always feel ur hubby made u lose d new guy...To avoid a loveless marriage, plz give it little time

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by afrika(f): 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
He wud fuxxxk u and dump u. U re a very serious girl but u re not guided though.

I like the formed story but advise the person u know that is suffering from this

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by AlPeter: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tashaamania:

The nonentity might turn out to be Mr. right. I'm just saying..
She shouldn't ignore any signs. Staying with someone for five years isn't a guarantee just as knowing someone couple of months back isn't. Anyone can pretend for any length of time.

OP weigh both options. if need be, take time off the wedding planning, postpone and figure out what you really want. Marriage no be beans especially when you're going into it with doubts, that's alot of pending trouble.

babe the new guy go eat am clean mouth waka! She can try it! That guy is just a mirage he ain't staying

3 Likes

Re: I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month by duality(m): 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
Squig:

No matter the reply you get here. DO NOT GO INTO MARRIAGE WITH ANY DOUBT

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / ‘My Boyfriend Pays The Rent For Our House But He Doesn’t Know I’m The Landlord’ / My Wife Often Denies Me Sex Despite That I Only Return Home On Weekend From Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.