Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result (30693 Views)

The Provisions Hustle Every Nigerian Student Went Through / Student Committed Sucide After Checking His UTME Result, See Photo Here / Kwara State University (kwasu) Releases 1st Semester Result To Mark New Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by tosyne2much(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
I went to school today and I saw part time students clustered around the department result board. I noticed their reactions, expressions and body language and this motivated me to induce it into writing

These acts/reactions are not only peculiar to my school students but also a generality/large percent of other students across our tertiary institutions

1. They Refer To A Lecturer As Being Mean

After checking their semester results, they amazingly keep their mouths widely opened like someone who lost his Bet9ja ticket. They will analyze how cheap the questions were; how they finished before time; and how they attempted all the questions correctly. They will blame their lecturers saying they barely crown the effort of students no matter how they answer their questions correctly, if not, they ought to have been graded an "A"

2. They Leap Praises On Themselves
Just because the y were fortunate to hit high scores while others did not, you will see them walk-bouncing and parading the class, raising shoulders and praising themselves just to intimidate others that did not perform so well

3. They Start Crying
As we know thatI observe that guys barely cry after checking their results, but the ladies deserve a standing ovation for this. After checking their results, they will place their hands on their heads crying and sweating profusely as if they just lost a relative. They will keep checking every five minutes expecting their grades to change miraculously

4. They Put Blame Invigilators These ones will always blame their failure or low grades on the strict invigilators who prevented them from girraf-ing, or communicating with their friends, and/or insufficient time. if not, they ought to have scored at least a/an "A" or "B". When they score "grin or F", they will say, so this man gave me D despite what I wrote; but when they score "A", they will say that is what they deserve

5. They Will Cross Out Their Names

These ones will check their results and would act like they have passed but will come back later at night to cancel their names and grades cheesy

6. "Thank God I Did Not Carry The Course" Crew

These ones will go straight to d end of their results to see if there is any carry over before even checking grades proper. You will see them go on their knees singing praises to God that they narrowly escaped CARRY OVER. I call them LET MY PEOPLE GO crew

7. They Check The Grades Of Other Students
The ones might have crammed the matric numbers of most students must while some might have even compiled the list of all students in a piece of paper and will bring it along with them when result is released. You will see them come under the disguise of checking their results, when if fact, they are checking that of other students.

8. They Console Others
These ones will check their results without even saying anything. Either they fail or pass, no one knows.
You will see them consoling their colleges who have failed.

9. They Stay Miles Away From The Result Board
They will come and stay few miles away from the board waiting for other students to vacate the board before they check theirs. This is because they are not sure of themselves and they don't want the breeze to expose the anus of the fowl cheesy

10. Feel free to add the last one

I drop my pen at this point cool

Thanks for reading

Have fun

Originally written by: Tosyne2much

www..ng/2015/09/01/10-ways-every-nigerian-student-reacts-after-checking-hisher-semester-result-2/

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by okabe(m): 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
We pop something!!! cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Chartey(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
Na for medical school people go gather for class from 9am dey wait for result wey dem go paste by 2pm. Class go full like sey na lecture but na just result people dey wait for.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Twaci(f): 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
cheesy so u re trying to say abt 90 percent of students fail abi? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by encryptjay(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
Checking results of other students is rampant- Someone from Vet medicine department will go to Economics dept. to check people's result. Total insanity

9 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Temmi001: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
What of those that snap the result on the score board and gently go home to analyze other's CGPA, paying full attention as if they're sitting for MIT's entrance exam.

28 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by kinglekan: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2015

Personally I hate those who fall in category seven. These folks can be very annoying. Most times they find joy in spreading bad news.

If you get a call from them once the results have been pasted, its most likely they did better than you or they are calling to inform that you just had a carry over.

Despicable lots. undecided

11 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by hahn(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
tosyne2much:
[i]

Source: www..ng/2015/09/01/10-ways-every-nigerian-student-reacts-after-checking-hisher-semester-result-2/

11. They come to nairaland to share how they reacted after they checked their semester result grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by JoeCutie(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
They tear off the whole results. cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by wristbangle: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Number 7 is so annoying. I have one friend like that back in school. Even before her friends check their result, she would have announced their result to them.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by vizkiz: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
any time I check my result, I take down my grade, calculate everything then know my GPA for the semester. Still waiting for my final grade though. I know say na 1st class...when the VC no wan die undecided

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by wristbangle: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
JoeCutie:
They tear out the whole results. cheesy

Hahahaha. All these ones nai common pass.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by tosyne2much(m): 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
hahn:

11. They come to nairaland to share how they reacted after they checked their semester result grin
Sadly, I fall under the category of number 5 cheesy
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Cutehector(m): 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mhizdeedy oya show us ur results...

Jollyjoy as well

Even adeh39
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Cutehector(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
Wch grade introvert carry commot from school sef? grin
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Cutehector:
Mhizdeedy oya show us ur results...

Jollyjoy as well

Even adeh39

Lol no need for that, just know I fall under number 2 cheesy
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Omotayor123(f): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Tosin how could you forget the most important point..

#They tear off the results: The failed students will not hesitate to tear off the pasted results to show their displeasure And thereby stopping others from checking theirs.

*That's why you have to rush to the notice board as soon as the result is pasted*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Cutehector(m): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol no need for that, just know I fall under number 2 cheesy
why should urs fall under 2 wen ur mates r getn first class cheesy
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
Cutehector:
why should urs fall under 2 wen ur mates r getn first class cheesy

Lol so wen they get first class, they normally cry abi? Or others that av pass will start jumping up nd down? undecided sad
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Cutehector(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol so wen they get first class, they normally cry abi? Or others that av pass will start jumping up nd down? undecided sad
lol iits so obvious, I knw whr u belong already cheesy
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Cutehector:
lol iits so obvious, I knw whr u belong already cheesy

Lol believe whatever
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by adebisiema(m): 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Nigerian students i hail oo
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Cutehector(m): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Tosyne2much oya u don too dey form, hw many f and A wey u don get for ur results
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by hahn(m): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
tosyne2much:
Sadly, I fall under the category of number 5 cheesy

I guessed as much grin

Can I post some your posts on my blog? I promise to give you the credit smiley
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by INTROVERT(f): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
Cutehector:
Wch grade introvert carry commot from school sef? grin

3rd class lower grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Cutehector(m): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
INTROVERT:

3rd class lower grin
chei...
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Goodnuel: 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
Those who don't just care.
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
grin Tosy I de hail ooo
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by mrpackager(m): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
on my way to FP
Re: 10 Ways Every Nigerian Student Reacts After Checking His/Her Semester Result by esmarcq(m): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
True

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Benue State University Students Drown In A River During Outing. Photos / Download Cowbell Mathematics Past Ques & Answers Free Of Charge [2009-2019] Here / Uniben Pulls Out Of ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.