Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu (39721 Views)

Abuja Natives Protest Non-inclusion In Ministerial List (Photos) / Appointments: Buhari Has Violated Laws —senators / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Cutesexy1(f): 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
Noted
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by berrystunn(m): 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
client na mugu,
scam na game.

man dont cry

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by bugzbunny: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
Onu... Add alhaji daura to ur name and get appointment
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Eruditor: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
What's the role of the SGF really? Is Dr Ogbonnaya Onu not far bigger than that role? Are we not being hoodwinked into a senseless war of words concerning a post whose functions are nothing beyond being called a "glorified houseboy"? Or are we following the trend of the last failure in govt who appointed a former Senate President to take the role of someone who should have been a former civil servant?

Some of the things people discuss on NL really boggle the mind. Pius Anyim was deceived into accepting a foolish role as the SGF and he in turn deceived his paymaster by wrongly interpreting his role. The SGFs role includes taking minutes, organising memorandums of FEC meetings, organising Federal parastatals and agencies, organising the president's schedule etc. All very secretarial in nature.

Dr. OGBONNAYA ONU will have a big position in PMBs govt and I am glad that being the SGF is not part of it.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by CallPolice: 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
I would only believe what bubu says.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by blackpanda: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
cry cry seriously I wish PMB should have made Mr ONU SGF. Well sometimes, some disappointments are blessing. All I know is that PMB will never abandoned them just like that, hope he has something bigger and better for them. "He who laugh last laugh better"

GOD bless Nigeria.

This is the mentality that nigerians have that is causing the whole problem. We see federal appointments as opportunity to chop from national cake.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
christinie:
When I told you guys that it was another APC propaganda you thought I was playing.
Hahahaha APC a bunch of liars.
Nwanne, I don't like APC as much as I don't like PDP but sometimes it's just one person with itchy fingers creating mischief. APC jumped in because it suited their agenda. I'm happy that President Buhari has thus far distanced himself from mainstream politicians in APC

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Themandator: 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
Very soon you and other wailers will be put to shame and disappointed cos something bigger awaits ONU, FASHOLA, AMEACHI and others. PMB can't be that callous

Any office outside that of sgf and advisers is not good enough for the sacrifice and contributions of the people you listed and the way to stands, the sensitive and A grade ones has all been taken.

Whatever is left is secondary.

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
chiefbamo:
Chieftain of the All Progressive congress, Ogbonaya Onu, has refuted claims making the rounds that President Muhammadu Buhari called to notify him of his non-inclusion from the latest Federal appointments.
The claim according to a Facebook post has it that Onu reportedly told a friend that Buhari called him that he would not be made the SGF before formal announcement.
There had been anticipation that Onu would emerge the new SGF before Babachir Lawal from Adamawa State was eventually named.
The Press Statement made available by his Chief Press Secreatary reads Sunny Onyeukwu – ‘’The attention of His Excellency, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, has been drawn to a seeming orchestrated campaign apparently originating from the social media to smear his hard earned reputation.
On Saturday, August 28, this year, a Facebook broadcast titled “SGF; OGBONNAYAONU AND VAINGLORIOUS NIGERIANS” allegedly at the instance of one Ajayi Temitope, was circulated in the social media without his knowledge and consent.
‘’In it, Dr. Onu was falsely and perhaps maliciously credited as having told an unnamed friend of Mr. Ajayi Temitope in a 35minute telephone conversation that prior to the announcement of appointments into the offices of Chief of Staff to the President, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, among other positions, he (Dr.) Onu was informed by Mr. President of his intended action and why he would not be chosen for appointment as SGF.’’
‘’The Facebook broadcast further falsely credited Dr. Onu with expressing regrets about how his Abuja residence had become “a mecca of sorts” for those seeking patronage from him in anticipation of his appointment as SGF and lamented that soon after the announcement was made without his being appointed to serve in the exalted capacity, his residence became deserted.’’
‘’For the avoidance of doubt, it has become important to state in strong terms that Dr. Onu never expressed the views credited to him in the Facebook broadcast as no such conversation ever took place between him and our respected Mr. President. He could not have, therefore, communicated a nonexistent conversation to another person, more so an unnamed individual on telephone. Accordingly, it is false, cheap and utterly in bad faith. Already, Dr. Onu has personally issued a rebuttal on the matter which has been circulated in the social media in a Press Statement dated August 30, 2015.’’
‘’However, it has become necessary to issue the foregoing clarification in view of ongoing efforts in some sections of the print and electronic media to further allude to the same phony Facebook broadcast without verifying the proof of its authenticity. Needless to add, that, such is capable of misleading the general public, and by implication, injure the well-known integrity and honour which Dr. Onu holds sacred and guards jealously.
At this juncture, it is important to recall that soon after the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari on May 29, this year, the social media was awash with the purported “news” of his “appointment” as Secretary to the Government of the Federation.’’
‘’Specifically on May 31, this year, a spurious Twitter account surfaced in his name where he was quoted as having “thanked God and the good people of Nigeria for this opportunity to serve”. This was despite the fact that Dr. Onu does not own or operate a personal Twitter account, thus prompting him to disclaim the broadcast in a Statement dated June 1, 2015, which was circulated in the social media.’’
‘‘As one of the founding National Leaders of All Progressives Congress, APC, it is his conviction that nothing should be done to injure the rights of citizens to free speech, especially in a democracy. However, in the exercise of such rights, care and respect must be observed to ensure that it is done within the ambit of the law, guided by respect for the truth, good conscience and sincerity of purpose.’’
‘‘It is hoped that in all circumstances, more so in a democracy, the truth should not be twisted to serve pre-determined ends nor should the rights of individuals be muzzled to score cheap political points.’’
‘‘Finally, Dr. Onu reaffirms his faith in our democracy as the immutable vehicle of popular choice for a new Nigeria, where though tribe and tongue may differ, as brothers and sisters, united in the pursuit of a common destiny, we must continue to stand firm, resolute and together.’’

http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Dr-Ogbonaya-Onu.png

breaking news: in the twist of events, PMB DENIES appointing Ali as SGF, as ONU is made the new SGF. #anuofia

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by condralbede(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
They shld learn to live with that, this regime is administration for north and by The north.so the southerner shld brace themselves!

Baba one chance and go slow

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by sparkwil(m): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
christinie:
When I told you guys that it was another APC propaganda you thought I was playing.
Hahahaha APC a bunch of liars.

As in the way APC dey lie ehn... You go vex so tey until u no go kn wen u begin laugh grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Themandator: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
Eruditor:
What's the role of the SGF really? Is Dr Ogbonnaya Onu not far bigger than that role? Are we not being hoodwinked into a senseless war of words concerning a post whose functions are nothing beyond being called a "glorified houseboy"? Or are we following the trend of the last failure in govt who appointed a former Senate President to take the role of someone who should have been a former civil servant?

Some of the things people discuss on NL really boggle the mind. Pius Anyim was deceived into accepting a foolish role as the SGF and he in turn deceived his paymaster by wrongly interpreting his role. The SGFs role includes taking minutes, organising memorandums of FEC meetings, organising Federal parastatals and agencies, organising the president's schedule etc. All very secretarial in nature.

Dr. OGBONNAYA ONU will have a big position in PMBs govt and I am glad that being the SGF is not part of it.

You need to be saved from your self..... Stop waving your ignorance like a flag.

What you refer to as "glorified house boy" is more important to government and governance than the office of the vice president

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by 175(m): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
Very soon you and other wailers will be put to shame and disappointed cos something bigger awaits ONU, FASHOLA, AMEACHI and others. PMB can't be that callous

What is that your something bigger? Is it now that all the juicy and strategic positions are gone?

Ok I get lol na to appoint them as follows:
Chief Driver to the President-- Rotimi Amaechi
Chief Follow Follow and Travel to the President--- Fashola
Chief Biafran Eye to the President--- Ogbonnaya Onu.

Abi

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by mrrock: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari's government will go down as the most fraudulent in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by chiedu7: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
Please Onu don't make me laugh.

You are not a Northerner.

GMB is running Northocracy.

This is Govt of The North, By the North for the North

3 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by histemple: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
I have never been as disappointed in a political party as I am with the APC.

Aside the purported facebook publications, I watched as Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who was a guest to SUNRISE DAILY, told Channels TV crew on 29th August, 2015 that Dr Onu told him that Buhari had discussed with him in confidence before the SGF appointment.

I just feel bad for Nigerians.

I have high hopes and respect for Buhari but I think he is surrounded with people of unquestionable character.

6 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by histemple: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
I hope Government is still a subject in our schools? ---------Because the kind of analysis I am reading here is disturbing.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I noticed that too.

I sometimes wonder what a noble and intelligent lady like you is doing amidst these APC folks?...Is it that you can't read through the deceit or what? ...PDP has some dirty folks too but not as dirty as APC guys who feed on blood, blackmail, lies, and intimidation of opponents....

7 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by 83lagosroad(m): 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:

This clearly shows how ill informed yu are about the runnings of government. So ambassadors and ministers or yu think dirwctor generals and heads of parastatals is what people are talking about here . This children of nowadays go and read your book

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by tete7000(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
I never bought the story and was actually expecting this refutation. APC and their agents are synonymous with lies. Its in their DNA to lie.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by sheikkhalid: 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:

Hope u wont be shocked when nothing big eventually goes their way! Besides what bigger than SGF in d gathering of appointees?
Wake up brother. Its party over.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
position as ambassadors awaits them... cool...after campaigning right left and center...
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Opinedecandid(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Faith in Democracy reiterated.

Completely silent on faith in APC.

Buhari,the unpopular king of...

APC, party in deep shit.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by kahal29: 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
histemple:
I have never been as disappointed in a political party as I am with the APC.

Aside the purported facebook publications, I watched as Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who was a guest to SUNRISE DAILY, told Channels TV crew on 29th August, 2015 that Dr Onu told him that Buhari had discussed with him in confidence before the SGF appointment.

I just feel bad for Nigerians.

I have high hopes and respect for Buhari but I think he is surrounded with people of unquestionable character.

You didn't hear him. He never said onu told him but said he read the statement online.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
cry cry seriously I wish PMB should have made Mr ONU SGF. Well sometimes, some disappointments are blessing. All I know is that PMB will never abandoned them just like that, hope he has something bigger and better for them. "He who laugh last laugh better"

GOD bless Nigeria.
which big thing again? The whole juicy appointments have been made. The ministerial aPpointments are constitutionaly mandated so ONU has been Scammed

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by jazinogold(m): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
proudly 5%! no tease us with Dr onu!
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by vikyno(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
With all the books and the sense those fools from the South claim to have, they still got scammed by a mere cattle rearers.
This unfolding scenario in APC is hilarious...

Make Una enjoy the Change...

4 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by vikyno(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
With all the books and the sense those fools from the South claim to have, they still got scammed by a mere cattle rearers.
This unfolding scenario in APC is hilarious...

Make Una enjoy the Change...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Johnsoneshio(m): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
who knows he might be one of the minister of ambassador. let him b patience ,after all his zone did not deliver.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$322m Abacha Loot: FG Begins Cash Transfer To Poor Homes.. / Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! / Senator Godswill Akpabio Back From London (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.