Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu (39732 Views)

Abuja Natives Protest Non-inclusion In Ministerial List (Photos) / Appointments: Buhari Has Violated Laws —senators / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by vivalavida(m): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Y'll need to read in between the line and feel the pulse of the writer.

Ogbonnaya Onu is not happy

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Ikiriye(m): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
cry cry seriously I wish PMB should have made Mr ONU SGF. Well sometimes, some disappointments are blessing. All I know is that PMB will never abandoned them just like that, hope he has something bigger and better for them. "He who laugh last laugh better"

GOD bless Nigeria.

Yes for sure he will not,ambassadors to Niger and chad will do for their support.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Chigold101(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
Very soon you and other wailers will be put to shame and disappointed cos something bigger awaits ONU, FASHOLA, AMEACHI and others. PMB can't be that callous
like what are u talking about?

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by millionboi(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari hates igbos.....gbam
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Eruditor: 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Themandator:

You need to be saved from your self..... Stop waving your ignorance like a flag.

What you refer to as "glorified house boy" is more important to government and governance than the office of the vice president

Your only problem is that your ego far outweighs your IQ. Forget the idiocy you lived with in the past 6 years and tell me what the role of the SGF is? You are no doubt among the ilk of noisemaking ignoramuses that think the role of SGF includes making appointments such as Pius Anyim did unfettered in the previous govt. Well this new govt knows exactly what the role of the SGF entails and sorry to burst your obtuse bubbles, but the SGF is nothing more than the president's secretary.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by freshdude99(m): 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
Very soon you and other wailers will be put to shame and disappointed cos something bigger awaits ONU, FASHOLA, AMEACHI and others. PMB can't be that callous
Are u his mouth piece?
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by histemple: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
kahal29:

You didn't hear him. He never said onu told him but said he read the statement online.

Please you still have the luxury of watching that episode again on channelsweb before you start defending Lai Mohammed because I still have the episode here.

What Lai Mohammed said he read online was, and I quote "I also read online that some APC chieftains who chose to remain anonymous are not happy with the president over the recent appointments".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by totorimi: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
Wait a minute are they begging for inclusion in Buhari govt. These ones are not Ibos. True oboe never beg they are given their due based on hardwork. Of course we know in the fullness of time they will be pitied and given something from whatever is left All of them in ACN &ANPP by now should read in between the lines.September is here let's wait and see who is where in the ministerial appointment. All I know is if Amaechi and Fashola are not in the list hmmm. Some people will laugh and some will cry, but I know they will.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by millionboi(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:
cry cry seriously I wish PMB should have made Mr ONU SGF. Well sometimes, some disappointments are blessing. All I know is that PMB will never abandoned them just like that, hope he has something bigger and better for them. "He who laugh last laugh better"

GOD bless Nigeria.
baba na clown
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by funkybully(f): 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ogbonnaya Onu a first class graduate of chemical engineering, is not clean and qualified enough to be appointed by bubu. Only hausa have integrity n qualified ppl.

Yoloba coward wrote rubbish about Dr Onu,.even when he did not speak with him. this was how they we're manufacturing false news against GEJ and fools were masturbating .

APC started with propaganda, propaganda will kill APC.

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:
The tune of this statement ehn, expecially the last paragraph

Do u think he meant that tribes and tongues means more to buhari? I'm flirting with the thought
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by cupidhero(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
I don't understand these politicians....did buhari force you to support him,thought you supported him because of your love for your fatherland and the fact that you believed he can take the country to the next level. Make buhari no give this okpo any post. Onye anra! Onye brazzie
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by christinie(f): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
Even you don't believe yourself. Hahahaha.
sameer1212:

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by kponkanaG3(m): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mazi Onu please take heart, maybe just maybe the post of minister of information awaits grin grin
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by breakeven: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Onu has been so faithful to APC yet they are not even looking at his side for appointment. Baba love to have his people around him. I pity all those who thought the party was for all. It was just an avenue for them to grab power. Now that they have it all others can go to blazes.

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Gboliwe: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
We seem to have crossed the photo crazy season, we are in the season of denials of previous lies.

Shameless people.

Like I said before, i'm waiting for the liars to deny they even contested the elections

2 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by chichriso: 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari will continue to disappoint the people of south east
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Divinehenrich(m): 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
PMB, please this recent appointments was not fair. Dr Onu deserves the post of SGF. Am really disappointed.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Eluwilussit(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
chiefbamo:
Chieftain of the All Progressive congress, Ogbonaya Onu, has refuted claims making the rounds that President Muhammadu Buhari called to notify him of his non-inclusion from the latest Federal appointments.
The claim according to a Facebook post has it that Onu reportedly told a friend that Buhari called him that he would not be made the SGF before formal announcement.
There had been anticipation that Onu would emerge the new SGF before Babachir Lawal from Adamawa State was eventually named.
The Press Statement made available by his Chief Press Secreatary reads Sunny Onyeukwu – ‘’The attention of His Excellency, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, has been drawn to a seeming orchestrated campaign apparently originating from the social media to smear his hard earned reputation.
On Saturday, August 28, this year, a Facebook broadcast titled “SGF; OGBONNAYAONU AND VAINGLORIOUS NIGERIANS” allegedly at the instance of one Ajayi Temitope, was circulated in the social media without his knowledge and consent.
‘’In it, Dr. Onu was falsely and perhaps maliciously credited as having told an unnamed friend of Mr. Ajayi Temitope in a 35minute telephone conversation that prior to the announcement of appointments into the offices of Chief of Staff to the President, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, among other positions, he (Dr.) Onu was informed by Mr. President of his intended action and why he would not be chosen for appointment as SGF.’’
‘’The Facebook broadcast further falsely credited Dr. Onu with expressing regrets about how his Abuja residence had become “a mecca of sorts” for those seeking patronage from him in anticipation of his appointment as SGF and lamented that soon after the announcement was made without his being appointed to serve in the exalted capacity, his residence became deserted.’’
‘’For the avoidance of doubt, it has become important to state in strong terms that Dr. Onu never expressed the views credited to him in the Facebook broadcast as no such conversation ever took place between him and our respected Mr. President. He could not have, therefore, communicated a nonexistent conversation to another person, more so an unnamed individual on telephone. Accordingly, it is false, cheap and utterly in bad faith. Already, Dr. Onu has personally issued a rebuttal on the matter which has been circulated in the social media in a Press Statement dated August 30, 2015.’’
‘’However, it has become necessary to issue the foregoing clarification in view of ongoing efforts in some sections of the print and electronic media to further allude to the same phony Facebook broadcast without verifying the proof of its authenticity. Needless to add, that, such is capable of misleading the general public, and by implication, injure the well-known integrity and honour which Dr. Onu holds sacred and guards jealously.
At this juncture, it is important to recall that soon after the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari on May 29, this year, the social media was awash with the purported “news” of his “appointment” as Secretary to the Government of the Federation.’’
‘’Specifically on May 31, this year, a spurious Twitter account surfaced in his name where he was quoted as having “thanked God and the good people of Nigeria for this opportunity to serve”. This was despite the fact that Dr. Onu does not own or operate a personal Twitter account, thus prompting him to disclaim the broadcast in a Statement dated June 1, 2015, which was circulated in the social media.’’
‘‘As one of the founding National Leaders of All Progressives Congress, APC, it is his conviction that nothing should be done to injure the rights of citizens to free speech, especially in a democracy. However, in the exercise of such rights, care and respect must be observed to ensure that it is done within the ambit of the law, guided by respect for the truth, good conscience and sincerity of purpose.’’
‘‘It is hoped that in all circumstances, more so in a democracy, the truth should not be twisted to serve pre-determined ends nor should the rights of individuals be muzzled to score cheap political points.’’
‘‘Finally, Dr. Onu reaffirms his faith in our democracy as the immutable vehicle of popular choice for a new Nigeria, where though tribe and tongue may differ, as brothers and sisters, united in the pursuit of a common destiny, we must continue to stand firm, resolute and together.’’

http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Dr-Ogbonaya-Onu.png

You haven't started to wail yet. This is just daybreak. Good morning. Let's wait till evening. Idiiot!
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Holyman3(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:

GOD bless Nigeria.

What bigger appointment remains?
Ambassador abi..

Sending them to Korea or Iran, to sit in a small office and live in an apartment financed by oil money, where they would never know what is happening in Nigeria.

Go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
thecollector:

Do u think he meant that tribes and tongues means more to buhari? I'm flirting with the thought
I don't think so, I just didn't expect him to be that bitter
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Luckylife(m): 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
christinie:
When I told you guys that it was another APC propaganda you thought I was playing.
Hahahaha APC a bunch of liars.
babe u are on the right track, see something say something . Some people are born to be taking for a ride for life.

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I sometimes wonder what a noble and intelligent lady like you is doing amidst these APC folks?...Is it that you can't read through the deceit or what? ...PDP has some dirty folks too but not as dirty as APC guys who feed on blood, blackmail, lies, and intimidation of opponents....
4yrs will tell, the ability of nigerians to constantly change bad government is my joy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by ndcide(m): 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Eruditor:
What's the role of the SGF really? Is Dr Ogbonnaya Onu not far bigger than that role? Are we not being hoodwinked into a senseless war of words concerning a post whose functions are nothing beyond being called a "glorified houseboy"? Or are we following the trend of the last failure in govt who appointed a former Senate President to take the role of someone who should have been a former civil servant?

Some of the things people discuss on NL really boggle the mind. Pius Anyim was deceived into accepting a foolish role as the SGF and he in turn deceived his paymaster by wrongly interpreting his role. The SGFs role includes taking minutes, organising memorandums of FEC meetings, organising Federal parastatals and agencies, organising the president's schedule etc. All very secretarial in nature.

Dr. OGBONNAYA ONU will have a big position in PMBs govt and I am glad that being the SGF is not part of it.

Your level of ignorance is legendary.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I don't think so, I just didn't expect him to be that bitter

I feel like Pdp are more mature to rule the country when they get their acts right and minimize corruption. I hate dis apc era. I didn't see Obama insulting George Bush when he took over power

1 Like

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
sameer1212:

GOD bless Nigeria.
. Lol... What other better or bigger position do u think is left?
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Truckpusher(m): 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

4yrs will tell, the ability of nigerians to constantly change bad government is my joy.
The highlighted is the bedrock of every democracy and Nigerians need to start consolidating and strengthen on it.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Unfortunately not everybody lives as real statesmen like Jonathan did...He lived his talk...Not everybody will allow for election?... First time electoral umpire is coming from same place as president since independence is now under buhari...what does it tell you?

Like Obj like Buhari like Tinubu...these men don't tolerate opposition and will crush any of such...Ever wondered why the only free and fair election to buhari is the one he won?...Ever wondered how many souls were wasted because buhari wanted to be president?... Ever wondered what these families will be feeling whenever they see him grinning?...

Did any opposition party survive talk more of winning election under Obj?...Or you feel Jonathan could not have done same if he was desperate for power like them all? ...

Have you ever taken time to analyze the faces and antecedents of leaders of APC state after state? ....Is their anybody in APC today that didn't play major role in bringing Nigeria to her knees from 1970-2015....

5 Likes

Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by hinwazaka: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
kenonze:

Mr man,
Do u really know the meaning of propaganda?

Please enlighten us on the definition of Propaganda and what it entails
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
please buharam continue. please just keep onu out of your list. make sure okoroawusa regrets joining apc. this way, they will have no other option than to support our course. ha ha ha ha ha bubu o please get more men of intergrity and merit from the north or south west to become ministers o. onu is grumbling, i see the igbo speaking biafrans uniting finally under buhari. by the time we are done, the zoo will be left in awe. the idiots that shot our IPOB memebrs must die with theif families by our bullets. WE ARE IPOB, WE NEVER FORGET, WE ARE MORE THAN LEGION, WE WILL PAY THEM BACK FOR SURE.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Unfortunately not everybody lives as real statesmen like Jonathan did...He lived his talk...Not everybody will allow for election?... First time electoral umpire is coming from same place as president since independence is now under buhari...what does it tell you?

Like Obj like Buhari like Tinubu...these men don't tolerate opposition and will crush any of such...Ever wondered why the only free and fair election to buhari is the one he won?...Ever wondered how many souls were wasted because buhari wanted to be president?... Ever wondered what these families will be feeling whenever they see him grinning?...

Did any opposition party survive talk more of winning election under Obj?...Or you feel Jonathan could not have done same if he was desperate for power like them all? ...

Have you ever taken time to analyze the faces and antecedents of leaders of APC state after state? ....Is their anybody in APC today that didn't play major role in bringing Nigeria to her knees from 1970-2015....
Raiding the opposition offices with the DSS and keeping staffs including pregnant woman lock up over the weekend isn't tolerance.
Laying seige on the national assembly isn't either.
Re: Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
The highlighted is the bedrock of every democracy and Nigerians need to start consolidating and strengthen on it.
Thats the only way we can move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole Stuns In Blue Outfit (Photos) / Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals / Polls: Ortom Breaks Ranks, G5 Governors Battle To Save Political Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.