Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears (67289 Views)

NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds / Governor Loses $10m Bail Out Funds To Mistress In Texas, US / James Ibori Got Bail....Now Serving 13 Yrs In UK Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by chucky234(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Adams Oshiomole keep getting loans home and abroad with nothing to show for yet he will be first to accuse another man of theft.

3 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by megabyte2(f): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2015
So Oyo state got #26. Billion and Ajimobi is still owing.
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by onyengbu: 7:45am On Sep 02, 2015
some states that are not on the list are still hugely indebted. Lagos for example.
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by benedictnsi(m): 7:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Dcmg2:
haha.Four months ago,They said by 2030,nigeria will be among the world's 20 largest economy.But as of today nigeria is among the world's top 20 largest economy by GDP(norminal) and 21st by GDP(PPP).
Oil price has fallen by 50%,our stock market losses billions of naira in market capitilization daily,we don't have constant power supply yet,everyday we are reading about boko haram, poverty,hardship,un paid salaries,probing,stolen funds e.t.c,but yet still,everyday our economy is growing rapidly.
If you don't make money in nigeria.,YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN

Guy you dey game jor... Exactly!!
Are you a rational thinker
You sound like us
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by asha80(m): 7:51am On Sep 02, 2015
onyengbu:
some states that are not on the list are still hugely indebted.
Lagos for example.
the difference is these bailout adds to the already existing debts of benefiting states

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by blazetitov: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2015
PublicAssurance:
I'm so not a Hater....I Love everybody....but I hate Boko Haram sha

Hahahahahahahhah. Funny guy. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by Pamelayoung: 8:08am On Sep 02, 2015
Buh I didn't see Imo in the list
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by anigold(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2015
nobeku:
Are you mentally indisposed or just a freakin eediot?Don't you know that Nigeria's income has gone down due to oil prices?Even if Bill Clinton is a governor of any if this states,for now,he will need this palliative... Please individuals have to be seriously screened before being members of nairaland..Uneducated relics all over this medium..
attacking and insulting me wont change the facts... Am too matured to return the insults..
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by riczy(m): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2015
u ar all happy,diz nation is going down d drain,its highly unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by Skmoda360(m): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2015
I pray they don't loot the money...Mimikoites should be warned he is owing them up to four months salary now...that governor is a thief what is he spending their money on "scam projects".
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by mcmaurice20(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2015
I love this state called Anambra.the poverty index is in its lowest ebb. God bless Peter Obi God bless Obiano

5 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by nanalady(f): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2015
I wish this funds would be monitored...because some of this governors are out to loot again..
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by 400billionman: 9:26am On Sep 02, 2015
These past governors after squandering their state money, Buhari is supporting their loot by paying salary arrears. Why not arrest them and let them provide the money ?
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by prophetfire: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2015
OSUN IS NOT A VIABLE STATE. FROM ALL INDICATIONS IT CANNOT STAND ON ITS OWN. ANAMBRA STATE SHOULD PUT UP A BID TO ACQUIRE OSUN STATE.

4 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by 400billionman: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2015
chino11:
When you look at the high-lighted part on the above report you will realize that the bail-out is not a free money from the FG. It is actually a "repayable loans" to those weak states. Those states are actually moving from one level of indebtedness to another.

Only a handful of Nigerian states like Lagos, Rivers, Anambra and Kano can effectively run their affairs without haven to depend on the Federal Government to survive.

GOD Blessed Anambra above all..

That is Coat of Amu..
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by ostopsmich(m): 9:38am On Sep 02, 2015
Stretch marks solutions and tips, Visit http://healthylivingconsults.com/clean.html
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by FKO81(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2015
I luv my state, light of the nation.

4 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by themanderon: 10:25am On Sep 02, 2015
Past governors Of these states should be caught and made to explain how their States got into this mess, they are better off behind bars or executed as done in China to corrupt govt thieves.

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by Yeske2(m): 10:35am On Sep 02, 2015
Anambra can never be found in such list, i already knew the likely states to be found here. I just hope some of the states owning Anambra pay up even if they borrow to pay us back.
Proudly Anambrarian.

5 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by tola268: 10:52am On Sep 02, 2015
chino11:
• Kwara, Osun, Zamfara commence payment of salary arrears, 24 other states to follow
Obinna Chima

In line with the federal government’s resolve to reflate economic activities in the country, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will this week continue the disbursement of its special intervention fund totalling N338 billion to 27 states in the country.

Already, the funds to Kwara, Zamfara and Osun States were disbursed last week and they have commenced the payment of salary arrears to workers in their respective states, THISDAY learnt yesterday.

A source at the central bank confirmed that more states would get their monies this week.
From the breakdown of funds made available to the first three states to which monies were disbursed last week, Kwara State got a total of N4.320 billion from the special intervention fund, Osun got N34.988 billion, while Zamfara was given N10.020 billion.

The loans repayable at an interest rate of nine per cent over a 20-year period
, also showed that Abia State is expected to get N14.152 billion, while Adamawa State will receive N2.378 billion; Bauchi – N8.60 billion; Bayelsa – N1.285 billion; Benue – N28.013 billion; Borno – N7.680 billion; and Cross River – N7.856 billion.

In addition, Delta has got the central bank’s approval to receive N10.036 billion; Ebonyi – N4.063 billion; Edo – N3.167 billion; Ekiti – N9.604 billion; Enugu – 4.207 billion; Gombe – N16.459 billion; Imo – N26.806 billion; Katsina – N3.304 billion; Kebbi – N0.690 billion and Kogi – N50.842 billion.

Nasarawa is also expected to get N8.317 billion, while Niger will receive a total of N4.306 billion; Ogun – N20.00 billion; Ondo – N14.686 billion; Oyo – N26.606 billion; Plateau – N5.357 billion and Sokoto will get N10.093 billion.

The source, a senior central bank official, stressed that with the disbursement of the N338 billion to the 27 states that applied for the special intervention fund, economic growth would be stimulated through the payment of outstanding salaries to workers who have been owed for months.

He explained: “Once salaries are paid, we expect consumption to increase nationwide and this will go a long way in stimulating economic activities.

“After disbursing to Kwara, Osun and Zamfara, more states which applied will get their funds this week, and we have ensured that we kept the interest rate low at 9 per cent and loans repayable over a 20-year period.”

As part of the federal government’s resolve to end the lingering crisis of unpaid workers’ salaries in the country, especially in several states of the federation, President Muhammadu Buhari had approved a comprehensive relief package designed to salvage the situation.

Part of the relief package was the CBN's special intervention fund to be offered to states, which would be in the form of soft loans available to states to access solely for the purpose of paying the backlog of salaries.

The approval of the special intervention fund was sequel to the decision by the National Economic Council (NEC) at its meeting of June 29, 2015, that had requested that the CBN, in collaboration with other stakeholders, should appraise and consider ways of liquidating outstanding workers’ salaries owed by state and local governments.

The conditions for accessing the facility included resolutions of the respective state executive councils (SECs) authorising the borrowings and state Houses of Assembly consenting to the loans, as well as issuance of Irrevocable Standing Payment Orders (ISPOs) to ensure timely repayment at source from the states’ Federation Account allocations.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bailout-cbn-injects-n338bn-in-27-states-to-stimulate-economy/218955/
I thank President Buari on bail-out-loan to 27 states to pay salary owed their workers and retirees in their states. My advice to the President is to select monitoring group to oversee the payment of the money to workers and retirees because some Governors are planning to divert the money to their Godfathers and their incomplete projects
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by free13: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2015
nadisms:
My State Anambra remain indebted to PETER OBI for this feat... In his quote in of the National Dailies ''"I personally remain indebted to her(Okonjo Iweala)
because it was from her persistent
preaching on the need to save in the
Sovereign National Wealth Fund that made
me incorporate savings in foreign currency -
that is why one third of it money we left on
leaving office was in foreign currency, $156
million(N25 billion at that time). With interest
now it would be about $170 million and
with the current rate it is almost N40
billion".
... A worthy ex-governor
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by Fialm: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2015
megabyte2:
So Oyo state got #26. Billion and Ajimobi is still owing.
Ajimobi pay us naw.
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by TheAlchemist: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2015
See money they will be sharing for ghost workers.

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
chino11:
Finally on the front page, so that some people will see how their states are being ruined and wrecked daily with with loans upon loans..

Some states should be acquired by the big four- Lagos, Rivers, Anambra and Kano.. cool

My respect actually goes to Anambra and Kano only. Rivers is a Niger Delta state with massive allocation, while Lagos has a massive IGR. They are not supposed to be indebted in any way.
It's a big shame that we have states like Bayelsa, Delta and Cross River on that list. Their governors and former governors are not supposed to be walking free on our roads today. They are supposed to be in jail. Same for shameless men like Rochas, TA Orji, Aregbesola, Idris Wada (though Osun and Kogi aren't Niger Delta anyway) etc.

5 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by eaglechild: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
Where are the mad sycophants that are fond of singing the praises of Rochas.

Now the thief! has to borrow 26. 806 billion even though the state receives about the highest allocation in the SE and has the highest tax rates.

Where has all that money gone?

Imo has no new infrastructure to back up the monumental debt it owes, what a shame.

Thank God for Peter Obi.

I wish that man can rule Nigeria even if it is for one tenure, everyone will testify.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by eaglechild: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
ILIDEFI:

My respect actually goes to Anambra and Kano only. Rivers is a Niger Delta state with massive allocation, while Lagos has a massive IGR. They are not supposed to be indebted in any way.
It's a big shame that we have states like Bayelsa, Delta and Cross River on that list. Their governors and former governors are not supposed to be walking free on our roads today. They are supposed to be in jail. Same for shameless men like Rochas, TA Orji, Aregbesola, Idris Wada (though Osun and Kogi aren't Niger Delta anyway) etc.
Kogi and Benue are a big disgrace.

The two are to get the highest amount.

These two states sit on hectares upon hectares of prime arable land decorated by freshwater ways giving rise to an agric paradise.
Not to mention numerous solid mineral resources.
Yet they go cap in hand.
Then blaming the FG was an escape route for gross incompetence, I wonder what the excuse will be now.

It is sickening.

5 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by asha80(m): 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
eaglechild:
Where are the mad sycophants that are fond of singing the praises of Rochas.

Now the thief! has to borrow 26. 806 billion even though the state receives about the highest allocation in the SE and has the highest tax rates.

Where has all that money gone?

Imo has no new infrastructure to back up the monumental debt it owes, what a shame.

Thank God for Peter Obi.

I wish that man can rule Nigeria even if it is for one tenure, everyone will testify.
I shudder to think how that 26bn for Imo came about

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by eaglechild: 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
asha80:
I shudder to think how that 26bn for Imo came about
I pity the governor that will take over from Rougechas.

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by darfay: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
chino11:
Finally on the front page, so that some people will see how their states are being ruined and wrecked daily with with loans upon loans..

Some states should be acquired by the big four- Lagos, Rivers, Anambra and Kano.. cool
I don't agree with this ur big 4. Delta should be among we have the third largest economy nd third largest yearly IGR(N50 billion) just after lagos nd Rivers.just because we collected the bailout doesn't stop us from beign bigger Dan two of the states u mentioned, after all new York has a bigger debt profile Dan nigeria despite being twice bigger(economy wise)

Wat of ur twin broder abagworo,
Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by Tinyemeka(m): 11:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
Rochas is a curse to Imo state. I repeat, Rochas Anayo Okorocha is a curse to Imo state. May all the evil he is doing to the state come back to haunt him to his grave.

Including his blind supporters and promoters. You know yourselves. angry

2 Likes

Re: List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears by alesanderu(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
omoakinn:
EKITI #9.604 bili ok noted

Place your advert for free on
www.facebook.com/Lagelu-963FM-Ibadan-Marketers-1144116418986757/?rc=p

and lets give you a media Package that can get to 7.8 million listeners at a go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinese Investors Acquire 120 Hectares Of Land In Akwa Ibom For Hendai City / Rashida Bello In Dubai For Weight Reduction / Ekiti Governor-Elect, Fayemi, Celebrates With Governors After His Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.