Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,170 members, 7,807,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency (19382 Views)

Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina / Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / FIFA Presidency : Fashanu Endorses Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by MrRhymes101(m): 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
5starmilitant:

Maybe he thinks jega will be the one to conduct it
hahahaha
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Jonwesley(m): 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
Paul Bassey would be a better choice over Segun Odegbami to me. I used to hear that one speak francais (French language), but this one?........ Please help me complete my sentence.

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Favparis(f): 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
If eventually he lose, not bad...... at least he would have upgraded his CV.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by minky007(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Chai: the have now taken zoning to fifa's election.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by chichriso: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
everybody will contest
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by 9jatatafo(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
In life some dreamed, some are dreaming and others will never dream at all. Where does Odegbami belongs?
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Favparis:

Nna na wa 4u o............. Why d long quote na

The whole thing na long drama to me hence the long quote
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by lepacious: 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
That was how the guys that invented the plane were mocked.

Please let's encourage our own.
Goodluck to him.

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by aorta(m): 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
scholes0:

Someone chain this sick man.
forget abt d guy, he's a legend on dis forum
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by MabraO: 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Na wa oh
So suddenly Dey think d position of d FIFA president is like that of d nigerian president?
Dey don't ve a single relevance here d dey wanna make an impact in d whole world?

I laugh in soweto

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
Black man as FIFA president? Never. Better concentrate on the local league.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Bflexing(m): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
pretydiva:
Na who wan vote 4 am ni undecided..he should start wif caf
Caf too high,he should try nfa
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Okies27(m): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
metronaija:

African ace football legend and one of the greatest Nigerian players of all time, Segun Odegbami, has thrown his hat into the ring to contest for the post of President of FIFA – the international governing body of association football across the world, with election scheduled to take place on the 26th of February, 2016in Zurich, Switzerland.

The position of the President of FIFA is now vacant since the current president – Sepp Blatter – resigned his appointment in June 2015. According to Segun Odegbami, also known as ‘Mathematical Odegbami’ – a label he was given because of his masterful exhibition of engineered dribbles, technical control of the ball and goal-scoring skills during his footballing era – said, “The current scandal at FIFA is the organisation’s worst crisis in its 111 years of existence. Moving forward, FIFA thus require a new era of leadership that can restore the dignity of the noble sport and that of this esteemed international institution with global followership”

Odegbami believes that to address this will demand that FIFA purges itself, launders its image, restores its reputation and reinstates integrity into its activities and operations and that this would require a new form of leadership with a renewed vision. He said: “Times like this call for all concerned members of the global football family to contribute to the actualization of renewed objectives for FIFA by electing a deserving and qualified person, with the right character that can achieve the desired goals and restore confidence and integrity to the organization and its activities. The world is very interested in who becomes the next President of FIFA, considering the present image and state of this institution and I see myself fitting into this role”

A look at Segun Odegbami’s background reveals a wholesome and rich antecedent that reflects that this legendary son of African does qualify for this post and has what it takes to effectively represent the Nigerian nation and African continent at FIFA. Odegbami’s relationship with football, started when he was 5 years old With his pedigree, passion, vision, experience, knowledge and character – most of which are evidenced in his broad and global experiences and exposures – this epitome of humility and visionary leadership has demonstrated astute discipline and integrity in all his activities and endeavours, within and outside football. The former captain of the Green Eagles, with 46 caps and 23 goals for the national team and one of those that made the number 7 jersey popular, had also served as an administrator, an educator, a writer, international media personality and as Sports Ambassador of Nigeria.

The choice of an African, specifically a Nigerian, may look far-fetched in this pursuit, noting the international coverage of FIFA and the historical trend in its leadership representation. However, a closer scrutiny of the international footballing environment reveals the real possibility of such a change. Throughout the history of FIFA, the organisation had been led by 7 Europeans and one South American, never an African! This despite Africa’s tremendous contributions to the game. Therefore, Odegbami’s aspiration for the leadership of FIFA and noting that he is representing the African continent creates an opportunity to make it the time for Africa.

The bid, from this internationally acclaimed and highly decorated sports man, who has bagged many honours and awards, among which are the national honour of Member of the Order of the Niger, the Fellowship of the Nigerian Institute of Management, FIFA/Mastercard African Players of the 20th Century award, an Honorary Doctorate Degree [Sports] from Bradley University, Illinois, USA, and an Ambassador of the 1-Goal Education-for-All World Cup 2010 Campaign, will be positioned on core messages that this is an African bid, that it is Africa’s turn to lead FIFA, that the spirit and essence of football can reach and permeate far beyond a game of sport, and that football administration can be renewed and viewed from the unique lens of Africa. In his words, “football is what my entire life has revolved around. My life’s ambition has always been to use football to make a difference in my local space and across the world, to go back to the original mission of promoting peace and cementing the bonds of friendships amongst the citizens of the world, and maximizing the global followership of the game to transform the lives of people and communities and advance social causes around the world”

Hence, Odegbami’s approach will pay a lot of attention to issues beyond the current power struggles in football, by exploiting and exploring the sport in a holistic way and focusing on the positive products and by-products of the game that can positively influence and impact on the youths and broader communities of the world. Odegbami promises to steer the activities of the office of the President of FIFA with the highest sense of responsibility, integrity, transparency, probity and accountability, as reflected by the current spirit of value-based leadership now in Nigeria, thereby creating a new and optimistic future for football that further focuses on human, infrastructural, social and community development across the world.

The process for the attainment of the position of President of FIFA is a long and tedious journey, which Segun Odegbami is prepared to travel. He has already conveyed his intention to the Nigeria Football Federation, as required by the electoral guidelines and FIFA Statutes, as well as to the federal government seeking their support.

The deadline for candidates to formally present their nominations through their home football federations, with other supporting documents, is 26th October 2015. Candidates will also undergo an integrity test, through FIFA’s ad-hoc election committee. Segun Odegbami now seeks the support and prayers of all Nigerians, the African continent and, indeed, the whole world, in taking up this challenge to recreate a new image for the game of football and reposition its developmental influence and possibilities across the globe.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/09/segun-odegbami-runs-for-fifa-presidency.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
. Him think say na elementary maths? Him never fit win State F.A election na FIFA he wan contest for.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Apart from running his own private establishment, writing sports/football columns, this man's contribution to football was his mesmerising skills down the franks of the football field. Someone like him is more of a chameleon, subtly chastising others without being bold enough to taking up the gauntlet.

Nigeria's football was crying out for the likes of him to demonstrate his administrative and management skills but he shied away only come out to write football articles or make wrong predictions.

Summary...

Odegbami's track record is zero.

Corruption index...

He was head of the World Cup Bid Management Committee set up by the sports ministry prior to the 2010 World Cup. Lots of fund was released, knowing fully well that Nigeria lack the facilities to host an event of that magnitude. Money was siphoned and nothing was heard about that again.

If I have my way, people like him should be in jail.
Where the hell is kojo Williams? I was expecting someone like him to declare their intentions to run for the presidency, at least he made an effort in the NFA but was swallowed by the system.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by andyanders: 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
Joke of the century.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by baysol: 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
KpStone:
Choi. I'm yet to recover from this long ban. Na wa o. The way these moderators dey vex ehn. Hian.

No mine am you talk Igbo like this small no so so ban your eye go see red. Abeg seun talk to your tribalist mod abeg make we get freedom of speech to shame this yeye people wey dey spoil our contri in the name of hussle and ha
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by bigtt76(f): 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
Is this for FIFA 15 Presidency? grin
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Palado(m): 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok, I think all these people are not serious. Instead of unsitting Hayautu , they are jostling for FIFA job when the Country integrity is nothing to welcome by the whites

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by ibedun: 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
cabaliciouscabal:

This is one crude mentality abt blacks, wondered wen we will start believing in ur own, if u don't gamble u can never win a lottery. Let us learn to rally round our own, and others will respect us for it. We should grow above spirit of complexity and stamp our reckoning in d international community.

Chief Segun Odegbami

Chief Orji Uzor Kalu.

I CABALLICIOUSCABAL SALUTE UR COURAGE TO VIE FOR THE FIFA POSITION, WHICH IN ALL HONESTY IS NOT MEANT FOR WHITES ONLY.

GOD BLESS U SIR FOR GOING OUT TO THE WORLD STAGE TO FLY NIGERIAN BANNER.

[size=14pt]They come from a useless badly run impoverish corruption ridden country that produces nothing.

Respect? from the international community or african villages? [/size]
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Kiakia(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
This is a joke, right? Somebody should tell that this is a joke. Does Segun Odegbami have the pedigree to contest for FIFA Presidency? I cannot recall him being in administrative position in any football body previously or curently, and even if he had been, the best procedure would have been to start from headship of the local Football Federation to garner the requisite experience and international contacts to lead a larger body such as CAF and then, FIFA. That is the expected progression method. He cannot aspire to headship of World football governing body just like that. My thought, though.

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by nwadiuko1(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Who dy deceive this guy na........chaii see as my guy dy head for bankruptcy.......u wan do cos OUK don do ba?........ Una no b mates....even though two of una go fail sha grin
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by zuchyblink(m): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Odegbami should be competing SE head coach position and not Zurich,running football at that level is business and not playing football.u need alot of business acumen and enlightenment to run world football
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by smuth(m): 12:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Jossyroyal1:
who dey decieve am nau He must have been smoking some kwale weed in recent time
but what did he say he is contesting for? fIFA or CAF presidency?
BTW, i for like vote for u but dem no give me PVC ooo......lol

People said worst things when Obama declared his intentions to run for the President of the Almighty United States of America, nobody gave him a chance but look at him now. Now back home it appears Africans and indeed Nigerians like you have been cursed with a disease called Pull Down Syndrome also known as PDS. may God save you.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by smuth(m): 12:43am On Sep 02, 2015
andyanders:
Joke of the century.

People said worst things when Obama declared his intentions to run for the President of the Almighty United States of America, nobody gave him a chance but look at him now. Now back home it appears Africans and indeed Nigerians like you have been cursed with a disease called Pull Down Syndrome also known as PDS. may God save you.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by smuth(m): 12:44am On Sep 02, 2015
MabraO:
Na wa oh
So suddenly Dey think d position of d FIFA president is like that of d nigerian president?
Dey don't ve a single relevance here d dey wanna make an impact in d whole world?

I laugh in soweto

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by smuth(m): 12:45am On Sep 02, 2015
Kiakia:
This is a joke, right? Somebody should tell that this is a joke. Does Segun Odegbami have the pedigree to contest for FIFA Presidency? I cannot recall him being in administrative position in any football body previously or curently, and even if he had been, the best procedure would have been to start from headship of the local Football Federation to garner the requisite experience and international contacts to lead a larger body such as CAF and then, FIFA. That is the expected progression method. He cannot aspire to headship of World football governing body just like that. My thought, though.

Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by smuth(m): 12:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Omotolu:
Black man as FIFA president? Never. Better concentrate on the local league.

When they told you one day a black will be the American President you probably said it is not possible, hypocrits everywhere...Africans and indeed Nigerians don't support there own no wonder our developments is always on the reverse because of people like you.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 02, 2015
smuth:

When they told you one day a black will be the American President you probably said it is not possible, hypocrits everywhere...Africans and indeed Nigerians don't support there own no wonder our developments is always on the reverse because of people like you.
...ok ooooo. I wish him well.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 02, 2015
metronaija:

African ace football legend and one of the greatest Nigerian players of all time, Segun Odegbami, has thrown his hat into the ring to contest for the post of President of FIFA – the international governing body of association football across the world, with election scheduled to take place on the 26th of February, 2016in Zurich, Switzerland.

The position of the President of FIFA is now vacant since the current president – Sepp Blatter – resigned his appointment in June 2015. According to Segun Odegbami, also known as ‘Mathematical Odegbami’ – a label he was given because of his masterful exhibition of engineered dribbles, technical control of the ball and goal-scoring skills during his footballing era – said, “The current scandal at FIFA is the organisation’s worst crisis in its 111 years of existence. Moving forward, FIFA thus require a new era of leadership that can restore the dignity of the noble sport and that of this esteemed international institution with global followership”

Odegbami believes that to address this will demand that FIFA purges itself, launders its image, restores its reputation and reinstates integrity into its activities and operations and that this would require a new form of leadership with a renewed vision. He said: “Times like this call for all concerned members of the global football family to contribute to the actualization of renewed objectives for FIFA by electing a deserving and qualified person, with the right character that can achieve the desired goals and restore confidence and integrity to the organization and its activities. The world is very interested in who becomes the next President of FIFA, considering the present image and state of this institution and I see myself fitting into this role”

A look at Segun Odegbami’s background reveals a wholesome and rich antecedent that reflects that this legendary son of African does qualify for this post and has what it takes to effectively represent the Nigerian nation and African continent at FIFA. Odegbami’s relationship with football, started when he was 5 years old With his pedigree, passion, vision, experience, knowledge and character – most of which are evidenced in his broad and global experiences and exposures – this epitome of humility and visionary leadership has demonstrated astute discipline and integrity in all his activities and endeavours, within and outside football. The former captain of the Green Eagles, with 46 caps and 23 goals for the national team and one of those that made the number 7 jersey popular, had also served as an administrator, an educator, a writer, international media personality and as Sports Ambassador of Nigeria.

The choice of an African, specifically a Nigerian, may look far-fetched in this pursuit, noting the international coverage of FIFA and the historical trend in its leadership representation. However, a closer scrutiny of the international footballing environment reveals the real possibility of such a change. Throughout the history of FIFA, the organisation had been led by 7 Europeans and one South American, never an African! This despite Africa’s tremendous contributions to the game. Therefore, Odegbami’s aspiration for the leadership of FIFA and noting that he is representing the African continent creates an opportunity to make it the time for Africa.

The bid, from this internationally acclaimed and highly decorated sports man, who has bagged many honours and awards, among which are the national honour of Member of the Order of the Niger, the Fellowship of the Nigerian Institute of Management, FIFA/Mastercard African Players of the 20th Century award, an Honorary Doctorate Degree [Sports] from Bradley University, Illinois, USA, and an Ambassador of the 1-Goal Education-for-All World Cup 2010 Campaign, will be positioned on core messages that this is an African bid, that it is Africa’s turn to lead FIFA, that the spirit and essence of football can reach and permeate far beyond a game of sport, and that football administration can be renewed and viewed from the unique lens of Africa. In his words, “football is what my entire life has revolved around. My life’s ambition has always been to use football to make a difference in my local space and across the world, to go back to the original mission of promoting peace and cementing the bonds of friendships amongst the citizens of the world, and maximizing the global followership of the game to transform the lives of people and communities and advance social causes around the world”

Hence, Odegbami’s approach will pay a lot of attention to issues beyond the current power struggles in football, by exploiting and exploring the sport in a holistic way and focusing on the positive products and by-products of the game that can positively influence and impact on the youths and broader communities of the world. Odegbami promises to steer the activities of the office of the President of FIFA with the highest sense of responsibility, integrity, transparency, probity and accountability, as reflected by the current spirit of value-based leadership now in Nigeria, thereby creating a new and optimistic future for football that further focuses on human, infrastructural, social and community development across the world.

The process for the attainment of the position of President of FIFA is a long and tedious journey, which Segun Odegbami is prepared to travel. He has already conveyed his intention to the Nigeria Football Federation, as required by the electoral guidelines and FIFA Statutes, as well as to the federal government seeking their support.

The deadline for candidates to formally present their nominations through their home football federations, with other supporting documents, is 26th October 2015. Candidates will also undergo an integrity test, through FIFA’s ad-hoc election committee. Segun Odegbami now seeks the support and prayers of all Nigerians, the African continent and, indeed, the whole world, in taking up this challenge to recreate a new image for the game of football and reposition its developmental influence and possibilities across the globe.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/09/segun-odegbami-runs-for-fifa-presidency.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

THIS IS DREAMING WHILE INSIDE DREAM.
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by MabraO: 6:18am On Sep 02, 2015
smuth:

Mtcheeew!!
It is allowed
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by Jossyroyal1: 8:03am On Sep 02, 2015
smuth:

You and I know he can't ever win... So u just want to talk ba? Fifa president is even more powerful than ur President! Obama u cited as ur defence did not come from nowhere! He has been making meaningful contributions and exploits underground which was all he needed to win the heart of the majority!
Re: Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency by thundafire: 10:56am On Sep 02, 2015
u cnt run common NFF yet u dy find FIFA stop earting too much amala and draw soup oga ooo wake up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike And Kenneth Omeruo Pictured With Friends In Turkey / Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 / Chelsea Begin New Partnership With Hyundai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.