Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters (13727 Views)

Turkey Disowns Ipob Turk Propagandist... Supports Nigeria's Territorial Integrit / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 / Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by catchfun: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Tuesday, promised to tackle the issue of crude‎ oil theft with the deployment of drones across the nation’s territorial waters to monitor the inwards and outwards movement of oil vessels.

In a statement by the NNPC in Abuja, Group Managing Director of the Corporation, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu‎, also lamented the ‎rising incidence of crude oil theft and its negative impact on the country’s refineries, and stated that the NNPC is working on a range of far reaching options designed to end the issue of crude and petroleum products theft within the next eight months.

‎Kachikwu, who stated this at the special conference on Security in the Gulf of Guinea organized by the Gusau Institute, warned that if left unchecked, the menace could invariably make it impossible for the NNPC to operate the refineries.

‎He said, “We are launching an armada of approaches which will include incorporation of drones to check movements of vessels within our territorial waters; We are looking at the current logistical nightmares of changing staffing at the loading bay of crude oil export terminals virtually every 90 days.

“We are trying to equip the navy sufficiently though they are very well equipped in terms of skill set but not in terms of arsenal for patrols within the maritime area.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/oil-theft-nnpc-to-deploy-drones-in-nigerias-territorial-waters/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by ladyF(f): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Impressive. This is the new GMD that Buhari just appointed already working. Change is really here grin Things are improving, this is less than 100days. Nigeria shall be great again. Sai Buhari!!! grin

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

37 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by catchfun: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Drone
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by missKiffy(f): 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good move, no more stealing of our oil

6 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by donholy28(m): 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
I hope this works
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by themilanway(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Some imps will tag it"trying to bomb Niger Deltans".

17 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by mayorjosh(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Wow that's really good...oil theives una don enta one chance....

Wait ooo...what about those people who have their bath outside shocked .the drone go pick their images too

7 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by kossyablaze(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
This govt still dey confuse me!
*Modified*
Wait o...there's what I just noticed on NL,each
moniker with (f) I opened,whether pretty or
ugly or even a lifeless object,I would see like
54 and 102 old likes for the pictures.So my
question goes thus...Why is that CUTE guys
like me Kossyablaze,Richdad1,Freemanan,
Emperorchedda etc don't av more that just 30
likes both old and new?Smh for SOME guys
shaa wey dey like anytn dey see on a females
moniker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Demmzy15(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
It's under Buhari Nigeria advances technologically, God saved us if not we would have returned to stone age under one Otuoke ogogoro drinking President. Soon the Military would use combat drones to flush out boko-are-rams.

*phone rings*

Me: Hello!!
Caller(In Madam Peeshy's voice): You lied! Jonathan bought drones for the Military! angry
Me: I'm sorry Ma, calm down.. .. . When I mean drone, I mean this

[img]http://cdn2.spiegel.de/images/image-259891-galleryV9-ceqs.jpg[/img]
Not some Chinko drone shot down by Boko boys!

11 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by kossyablaze(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
R u brainless or u feel like booking space

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Elslim: 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
lol.... trust naija nah
d tin go lost noni

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by peterovanski(m): 8:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
So there is progress and posibility in this country since. Chai baba God thank you for sending us a handsome and active man as a president

Come to think of it. The change is from God so every sector go change now. Even for church no more shouting and praying. Soon you just talk jeje to God and He will answer you.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by missKiffy(f): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
kossyablaze:
R u brainless or u feel like booking space
Why una like to dey look for trouble like this, is it ur brain or is it ur space

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by GabrielSuswam(m): 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
This Buhari keeps clearing our doubts...

is there any hope for my pdp fellows to return in 2019?

Looking bleak

4 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by ignis: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
No more space for the thieves to steal.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by lifezone247(m): 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:

Why una like to dey look for trouble like this, is it ur brain or is it ur space
I wonder
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by PublicAssurance: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
waste of money....before you know it now....we will start to hear about the $20 billion Drone contract scam....Awon educated robbers..always robbing us with their pen and xtra Zeros

8 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by thefakestan: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
It's show time , we need action!

ThefakeStan
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by DankemzI(m): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Community policing is the best Option!

Or CCTVS' installed strategically

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by kulobyno: 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Another white elephant project. They wan open office to settle some group of political jobbers. They never solve the numerous recent helicopter crash now na drones. We dey look

4 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by RichDad1(m): 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Drone kwa?
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by berrystunn(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
ok
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by ionsman: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Enemies of progress wouldn't like this......

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by RichDad1(m): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
ignis:
k
GabrielSuswam:

missKiffy:
DankemzI:
Jifhjkksvc
wariss all dis?
#gerrarahere mehn angry angry angry
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by shizzy7(f): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Drones ke,,What about

The cabals
The Vandals
The legal oil thieves
The "I own an Oil Bloc"
MEND

They are going to deploy anti-drones....

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by joedsuperstar(m): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by atlwireles: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Deploy drones through the Niger delta mangrove canopy undecided Maybe, the NNPC spokesperson does not understand the crude oil pipeline layout.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by tuoyoojo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok

The idea is laudable

But the question is

How sustainable is it?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by shizzy7(f): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
PublicAssurance:
waste of money....before you know it now....we will start to hear about the $20 billion Drone contract scam....Awon educated robbers..always robbing us with their pen and xtra Zeros
Compare that money to the amount we lose on Oil Theft.... Its not a waste

4 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by DankemzI(m): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
RichDad1:

wariss all dis?
#gerrarahere mehn angry angry angry

You Wanna Wail ?
I de book space, e come de itch u be bad belle? Abi Dem fry ur own brand of Weed? Take time o!

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
grin it's funny, I just hope it will yield a positive outcome but if oil thieve decide to attack na Baba lawo go set up their signal jammer.
Re: Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters by brixton: 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Talk is cheap but doing the work? Welcome to govt of promises and nothing to show for it! This is simply a guise to settle a few thieves and no one will hear of drones by year end.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Command In Akwa Ibom Flooded After Heavy Rainfall / Even God Rested On The 7th Day, Pres. Buhari Deserves Some Rest - Femi Adeshina / Oyo LG Elections: APC Candidates Win 610 Wards, Clear 33 Lgas, 35 Lcdas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.