Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment (16630 Views)

Today Is The 2nd Anniversary Of The Ill-fated Immigration Recruitment. / FG Suspends Immigration Recruitment / 2015 Immigration Recruitment Cancelled? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by pongwa(m): 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Suspended CGI displayed crass insubordination, indiscipline
Senator Iroegbu and Adebiyi Adedapo in Abuja
The immediate past Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro, in response to the ongoing saga trailing the suspension and subsequent replacement of the Comptroller-General of Immigration (CGI), David Parradang, has confirmed that he wrote a petition to the Attorney-General of Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice to Investigate the last Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment exercise.
In a related development, the NIS seems to be confused on how to carry out directives by President Muhammadu Buhari, on the recovery of all official and diplomatic passports in possession of undeserving Nigerians.

Moro, in a statement made available to THISDAY on Friday expressed shock that he was being made a scapegoat for the outcome of the controversial employment exercise supervised by the Presidential Committee to Assist in Immigration recruitment.
He said all he did was to try to ensure that the exercise was conducted by following due process, which was why he petitioned the AGF to investigate the procedure being applied by the Presidential Committee.

"If I prevented Mr. Parradang from carrying out the job of recruitment as Minister of Interior, did I go with his sense of responsibility of knowing how not to conduct employment without budgetary provision and utter disregard for extant rules? Yes, I wrote to the Former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice to seek clarification to guide the Board when I discovered that the Presidential Committee to assist the Board had assumed a life of its own and was conducting the recruitment rather than assist the Board," he said.

The Minister also exonerated himself from the recent ordeal of the sacked CGI, saying that he only acted within the confines of law. He said that contrary to the popular belief and reports in the media, he had never interfered nor usurped the powers and responsibilities of the NIS, which were well defined in the immigration Act.

He said: "The duties of the Comptroller-General of Immigration are well spelt out in the Nigeria Immigration Act. If I am so powerful as to prevent the Immigration Boss from his clearly defined duties, then Mr. David Parradang should examine himself whether he is competent for the job. It is pure cheap blackmail.

"The duties of the Comptroller-General are well defined in the Immigration and Prison Services Act Cap II LFN, 2014 (as amended). That of the Board is also explicitly stated in the Act establishing the Board.

"As Minister of Interior, I operated within the confines of my mandate according to the Law. I did not in any way interfere in the running of the Nigeria Immigration. Mr. Parradang and his co-travellers should note that there are other agencies/services in the Ministry of Interior. I wouldn’t have singled out the Nigeria Immigration Service for interference."

“In the course of my duty as the Minister of Interior, I noticed Mr. Parradang demonstrated gross insubordination, complete disregard for constituted authority and indiscipline", Moro stated.
He said that "contrary to the vituperations of the hirelings in the Immigration Service", he fought hard to clean the rot and corruption in the Service.

"Rather than cooperate to reposition the Service, Mr. Parradang frustrated every of my effort. Mr. Parradang frustrated all efforts to investigate Expatriate Quota administration abuse with allegations of illegal grant of Expatriate Quota by Immigration officers; frustrated all efforts by the committee on Certificate forgery by setting up a parallel committee whose report never saw the light of day; Mr.

Parradang frustrated all efforts to investigate contracts he awarded and paid for without contract execution," he added.
Speaking further, the former minister accused Parradang of condoning corruption and dereliction of duties by travelling during the recruitment exercises including the ill-fated March 15, 2014 Immigration Aptitude Test.

"What value was Parradang adding to the work of the Presidential Committee when on March 15, 2014 he abandoned his duty to provide leadership to the conduct of the recruitment to attend birthday parties in Jos? The same way he chose to gallivant in America and UK during the 2014 Promotion Exercise against official advice.

"It is interesting to note that official records of officers Mr. Parradang didn’t want promoted were discovered missing. Just the same way records of officers who were supposed to have retired from the Service were manipulated to allow them stay longer and Mr. Parradang would frustrate their investigation", he alleged.

Moro further alleged that "across the Services in the Ministry of Interior, several serving officers have been found to have corrupted themselves, have been investigated, some dismissed and handed over to the Police for prosecution; some found guilty, some jailed in the Civil Defence, Prison and Fire Services. He claimed that a "very senior officer of the Federal Fire Service who collected money of close to N100 million was investigated, found guilty for extorting money from unsuspecting members of the public for job and was handed over to the Police for prosecution".

"Yet an officer of the Nigeria Immigration Service under Mr. Parradang’s watch who was found guilty of a similar offence was shielded despite repeated directives for action against him", he stated.

Moro also denied the allegations that he influenced the posting of senior officers of NIS, asking, "what has promotion/posting got to do with the present issue of illegal recruitment by Mr. Parradang and his Presidential Committee and Mr. Parradang’s insubordinate refusal to reverse the illegality as directed by a competent authority?

"What has Abba Moro got to do with that? In his paranoid desire to always disobey the Minister’s instructions, perhaps, Mr. Parradang thought I was still Minister giving instructions".

According to him, "promotions have procedures; vacancies are declared by the Services, tests are conducted and recommendations are made to the Board". He said that the Minister/chairman only got involved when recommendations are brought to the Board.
"I challenge Mr. Parradang and his cohorts to present any evidence that I ever asked favours for anybody let alone people from Benue State. It is on record that when I assumed office as Minister, Immigration officers stagnated for upward of 16 years without Promotion whereas the likes of Mr. parradang got accelerated/special promotions to become Comptroller-General. Some of his course mates only became Comptrollers in the 2014 Promotion exercise. These were the officers Mr. Parradang claimed were not qualified to become Comptroller whose appraisal documents were hidden away from the Board", he disclosed.

Moro further claimed that throughout his tenure, he did not engage in taking decisions because they were popular and people liked them.
"I did all I did because I knew them to be right for the system. I did my utmost best in service to my fatherland. Mr. Parradang should be responsible enough to accept responsibility for his actions in office," he said.

Confusion at NIS over Buhari’s Directives on Diplomatic Passports…
Meanwhile, the NIS seem to be confused on how to carry out directives by President Muhammadu Buhari, on the recovery of all official and diplomatic passports in possession of underserving Nigerians.

Investigation revealed that NIS has no immediate plan to implement the directive, as record of such passports holders may not be accurate. Also, retrieving official and diplomatic passports hitherto issued to private citizens may generate probe as to who authorised issuance of the passports and why they were issued.

But in contradiction to this claim, another source within the NIS stated that the service has a comprehensive list of those in procession of official and diplomatic passports.

The senior immigration officer also explained that NIS did not at any time issue official and diplomatic passport to an undeserving citizen, but said ex-government officials who were issued the passports ought to return such passports to the government after their official engagement and tenure.

“I am not aware that official and diplomatic passports were at any time issued to underserving citizens, what I believe the President meant was that all official and diplomatic passports in possession of government officials and former political office holders should be returned to government, since it is not their personal property as they did not pay to have it.”

According to the officer, official passports are issued to civil servants undergoing an official trip, while diplomatic passports are issued to top government functionaries and senior political office holders.
source:http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abba-moro-why-i-petitioned-agf-to-investigate-immigration-recruitment/218805/
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
him don try for coming late. shey na now when those guys don rest in peace you dey come talk.

both you and parrandang should be in jail for that colossal national embarrassment

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by pongwa(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
i think the exercise should be cancelled. enough said on the matter
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Valmesk(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Abba Moro waited all these long to spew all these gibberish,he knew all these during GEJ's regime and kept them in a low key,now GEJ is gone he is shouting blue murder,imagine the young graduates that lost their precious lives on the ill fated sham recruitment organized by this Abba Moro and 1000 naira he defrauded unemployed grduates,this is pure wickedness and man inhumanity to man.

16 Likes

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by jamalsky: 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by osaslord500(m): 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Abba moro Who the fvck is he?

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Pot, meet kettle.

You have to love the government.....

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by ichidodo: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Both of them be poked in the spine just enough to be kept alive for Immortan joe to flay them and wear their skins as war booty...

3 Likes

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by timunstopable: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
So Abba Moro can still talk... After he supervised the 1st fraudlent recruitment exercise

The Past Dg of Immigratn said Ministry of Interior was in charge of the recruitment. Abba Moro never disputed that or did he come out to deny it

Lives were lost now you are trying to play the good guy holy man

spare us the drama

u deserve to go to jail

U & Past Dg of Immigratn are responsible for the deaths of the young applicants that died

Blood on your hand

And you ll pay

4 Likes

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by mormoni(m): 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
Summary plssss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by LatestTrend: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
Only a jobless individual will read all this bushhmeat. grin

The time is already 10:30 pm and putting this crap on front page when guys are already high or going to sleep. grin

STORY FOR THE gods. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Tycike: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
He should be in jail as well.

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by DankemzI(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Stories, you orchestrated a scam that saw people killed, just like the Chibok scam!

It's time to face the music and dance to PMB's body movements cool

3 Likes

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Hgold(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
The person below me has something to say.
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by alaoeri: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Abba Moro no want make them open his dirty yansh.

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by hensben(m): 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Drsheddy(m): 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
K
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Pavore9: 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Different tunes!
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by phyllosilicate(m): 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
Valmesk:
Abba Moro waited all these long to spew all these gibberish,he knew all these during GEJ's regime and kept them in a low key,now GEJ is gone he is shouting blue murder,imagine the young graduates that lost their precious lives on the ill fated sham recruitment organized by this Abba Moro and 1000 naira he defrauded unemployed grduates,this is pure wickedness and man inhumanity to man.
. If Abba Moro has said anything then, GEJ would have SANUSIed him.

6 Likes

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by DEXTROVERT: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
It's almost 11pm I can't read this essay...Someone who has nothing good to do with his/her tym pls read summarize then mention me....if not...... I'm sleeping

Over to the guy I down here
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Habidab: 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
good one
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by hotswagg12: 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Okay
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Segadem(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
ok
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Niyinficient(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Segadem(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
It's almost 11pm I can't read this essay...Someone who has nothing good to do with his/her tym pls read summarize then mention me....if not...... I'm sleeping

Over to the guy I down here
get a life
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by rhazur(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Don't know wat to say but i think parrnadang is a victim of political hussle. Abba belongs to d political elite of them obasanjo.....i believe moro is just looking for a head to blame all on
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Richie0974: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by bossanmayor(m): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Owk
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by laurel03(m): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ole/Barawo/Thief...... God will judge all bad and wicked leaders... After how many months Though I can't blame him because during dt period stealing was not corruption then...

2 Likes

Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by Tonitelli: 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
hmm
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by DEXTROVERT: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Segadem:
get a life

Borrow me ur life now or else I steal it
Re: Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment by GabrielSuswam(m): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

IITA Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / What's The Hope For Ond Holders In Searching For A Job. / Lecturing Vacancies University Of Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.