Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! (808 Views)

Is Nigeria Really One Nation? By Fani-kayode / One Nation, One People, Proudly Nigeria / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by rheether(f): 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
In 1999, Peter Obi was denied admission to read Surveying at University of Lagos because he was from Anambra State. Peter was born and grew up in Lagos, spoke basic Igbo, and very proficient in Yoruba language. He scored 279/400. Ahmed El Rufai, from Kaduna State, who had never set foot on Lagos soil, and does not speak one word of Yoruba, was admitted. He scored 176/400. The minimum score for candidates of Anambra origin for Dept. of Surveying, UNILAG, in 1999 was 280/400. That of Kaduna State was 160/400. One Nation. 37 Cut-off marks! 9
Re: One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by mikolo80: 5:17am On Sep 02, 2015
rheether:
In 1999, Peter Obi was denied admission to read Surveying at University of Lagos because he was from Anambra State. Peter was born and grew up in Lagos, spoke basic Igbo, and very proficient in Yoruba language. He scored 279/400. Ahmed El Rufai, from Kaduna State, who had never set foot on Lagos soil, and does not speak one word of Yoruba, was admitted. He scored 176/400. The minimum score for candidates of Anambra origin for Dept. of Surveying, UNILAG, in 1999 was 280/400. That of Kaduna State was 160/400. One Nation. 37 Cut-off marks! 9
so?
Re: One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by rheether(f): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Quota system!!!
Re: One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by brize(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
ShyNeptune:

I applied for Mechanical engineering in the Famous Nnamdi Azikwe university Awka. but I was denied admission. I scored 266 in my jamb and 75 in my post utme. I'm a Northerner. a friend of mine who's from Awka scored way lower than I did and he was admitted. quite unfair if you ask me.

did you say Elrufai scored 176? hmmm, I'll take that with a pinch of salt because The Elrufai I know is An Egghead, an intellectual, he graduated from ABU with a first class degree.

nice Profile pic you've got though.
really?? This is 21 th century, oya, all we want is for you to tell us the year, show us your result with photographic evidence

1 Like

Re: One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by crownprince102: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
Op......... Did u say 1999?
Re: One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: One Nation! One Nation!! One Nation!!! by citydove(m): 8:52am On Dec 22, 2015
Personally, i have a problem with our grading school system but unfortunately that's the main yardstick for measuring intelligence. So it just shows that both quota system,grading system are all measured via a yardstick, same thing looking for job having connection or bribery...

(1) (Reply)

Contradiction Of Akpabio's Uncommon Transformation (photo) / Abubakar Audu & The Bonanza Of Youth Ignorance / Nairalandaz, Come In And Declare Your Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.