Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead (1514 Views)

Photos: Late Chief Deinde Fernandez Laid To Rest In Brussels, Belgium / Abimbola Fernandez Mourns Late Dad With Touching Throwback Photos / Breaking News: Nigeria's Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by centvin008(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Nigeria’s Billionaire, Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez is dead, aged 79 years.

Deinde Fernandez
Announcing his demise in a tweet at about 9.pm on Tuesday, Nigerian Journalist/Publisher, Dele Momodu, said: “Nigeria, and indeed Africa, has just lost one of its greatest sons; Ambassador Chief Antonio Dehinde Fernandez is gone!”
Details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/breaking-news-billionaire-deinde-fernandez-is-dead/#sthash.se0F67UD.dpuf

Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by mormoni(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
We dnt knw him here
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by INTROVERT(f): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
cry
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by DEXTROVERT: 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sooooooooooooooo
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Osama10(m): 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
cry
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Mynd44: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Don't pity the dead, pity the living instead.

You will soon hear all sorts of stories about him being in Ogboni, Illuminati and Mason
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
embarassed rude shock
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
mormoni:
We dnt knw him here

Welcome to the world of one of Africa’ s richest men :
HIS EXCELLENCY , OLUWO ANTONIO OLADEINDE FERNANDEZ , Ambassador Extraordinary and
Plenipotentiary Permanent Representative to the United Nations .
When it comes to the most impressive and exuberant display of the splendour of wealth, Fernandez dusts
them all - by miles . The name ‘ Fernandez ’ is Portuguese in origin and shows that he is of the popular
Fernandez family of Lagos. Historical accounts show that the Fernandezes were originally descendants of
freed slaves from Brazil , where Portuguese is the official language. Some of the first modern-styled
buildings in Lagos were built by the Fernandezes, and these buildings are known for their spectacular
Brazilian architecture . Portuguese navigators were also the first European explorers to reach Lagos State .
Actually , they gave the state the name ‘ Lagos.
For Ovation magazine to feature a man in 40 pages says a lot about his prestigious standing . Very
secretive ( not in a bad way or let me say he guards his privacy jealously) and aloof ( he very rarely
comes to Nigeria where he is from ) , this is one rich man in a class and mansion of his own -with no
rivals but maybe a few big cats. His wealth has dazed and fazed many, and left even many more
speechless. ANTONIO DEINDE FERNANDEZ . Okay , enough of that . Let ’ s get some bits on him :
Even though he is Nigerian , he was appointed the Permanent Representative of Central African Republic
( CAR) at the United Nations in 1997 ( ain’ t that classy? , but with the current turmoil in CAR , with former
President Francois Bozize fleeing the nation, things are hazy ) . -Fernandez is said to have interests in the
CAR’ s oil industry ( at a time , he was the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Central African
Republic) . That does not include his bauxite ( for aluminum) exports , gold mines ( in Angola ) and
diamonds pits . He owns Petro Inett, an oil company . Petro Inett is just one of them . He also has shares
in View , Sandcat Petroleum , Sanantonio , Goldfields , Voguehope , Grantdalem Inuola , Sandcat Goldfields
( cat, cat, now I understand those two cats … lol ) , Woods and Petro Inett Equatorial Guinea .
-Before then , he had served as the Special Adviser to the President of Mozambique on International
Economic Matters and from 1992 - 1995, he was the Ambassador -at -Large for the Republic of Togo and
Angola .
-He was also once the Consul for Benin Republic ( then Republic of Dahomey ) ( 1966 ) , made the Economic
Advisor to the Angolan Government in 1982 ( just for perspective , only Nigeria produces more oil than
Angola in Africa, shey you gerrit ?). To be specific, he was a long -time adviser to President José Eduardo
dos Santos of Angola ( he ’ s been ruling since 1975 ) .
In 1984, he was the Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Mozambique to the United
Nations . At a point , he was a Deputy Minister of Finance in Swaziland.
-He has houses in Kano , built a tower for himself in Lagos ( where he was born in 1936) , New York
( where he is said to stay almost permanently) , Scotland , France , Belgium and the United Kingdom . But
that’ s not all , he has accounts in the Cayman Islands, France , Switzerland ( I love that country joor ) ,
Ireland , Hong Kong , Scotland and the United States . Don’ t ask me of Nigeria .Also as 6 private jets.
He surrounds himself with the finest , classiest and the most exquisite things that money can buy. Do you
know of any other moneybag who travels around in a convoy of pink Rolls Royces? Baba ni Deinde ! ( or
wetin you think ? Na my own opinion be this o, talk ya own !) And yes , if you have the misfortune ( lol !) of
entering a restaurant before him , you will have to vacate - unless maybe you are Bill Gates . His Excellency
is said not to dine where there are commoners.
In a divorce case with one of his former wives , it was revealed that he splashed 200, 000 British Pounds
on his seven- storey townhouse to buy 1, 000 books of gold leaf to ‘ toosh ’ up the already ‘ tooshed ’
cornices and balustrades. This man is just too much ! 200, 000 Pounds = N 51 million naira . Not much,
abi? It was also revealed by his former wife that in one of his houses in France , the wine collection ( used
in the wedding celebrations of their two daughters ) alone is worth about $ 1 million ( calm down, it ’ s just
N160 million) . Atimes , I cannot but just wonder about how the world is so so skewed in terms of wealth
distribution . Some have more than they can ever spend or use , while some just manage to exist .
Something somewhere is definitely wrong with humans , the so -called higher animals. Even animals do
not have such wealth disparity . Well , it ’ s just a thought .

Mynd44:
You will soon hear all sorts of stories about him being in Ogboni, Illuminati and Mason

A high chief of the Ogboni Confraternity , he is highly revered in his Yorubaland and his family motto is :
Aguntan meji kii mumi ninu koto kan na ( see images for the insignia ) . Okay , what that simply means is
that two rams cannot drink from the same container. Or some people will say , there cannot be two
captains on a ship . Well , that ’ s correct, there is no other Antonio Deinde Fernandez ( the Big
Masquerade ) . Today , he is married to a beauty from Kano State . Her name? Haleema, and has a
daughter , Mahreyah. She is said to be of the Alhaji Muhammadu Maude ( also known as Maude Tobacco )
family of Kano . Alhaji Maude was the Presidential Liaison Officer for Kano State during the Shehu Shagari
presidency . A wealthy businessman , he made attempts to become governor of Kano State in the 1980 s
but lost even though his campaign was one of the most colourful and was associated with the use of yan
banga ,local thugs . More to come.
Now you can see that dangote and the rest are learning .

U can ask Google more.......
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Segadem(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
The man is still coming back,
that is the meaning of his name.
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mynd44:

are you alrt? this man worked for every penny of his money.no be juju. if na juju he won't be 79
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by herald9: 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Where do billionaires go when they die
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Mznaett: 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
herald9:
Where do billionaires go when they die

My housetongue
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by herald9: 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mznaett:

My housetongue
I don't think so. Your pics are still in black and white.
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Mznaett: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
herald9:
I don't think so. Your pics are still in black and white.
You again? Lol
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by herald9: 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
Mznaett:

You again? Lol
Lol. We haven't met before, have we?
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by tpiander: 2:23am On Sep 02, 2015
where is the family originally from prior to south America?
Re: Breaking News: Billionaire, Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by fpeter(f): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2015
i thought he had a young wife?

(1) (Reply)

What Time To Take Brain / Call For Articulatory Phonectics Training And Oratory / Please I Need Your Help On My House Rent Issues With My Caretaker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.