Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,607 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead (73193 Views)

Halima Maude Fernandez Weds Zubair Rudasingwa, Younger Rwandan Lover (Photos) / Inside The £8.7billion Estate Deinde Fernandez Left Behind / Antonio Dehinde Fernandez Buried (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by gwas(m): 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
First time af hearing that name really.... Some people just get very famous posthumously ... And he's even a billionaire How come I dint knnn...well shit hapinz !

Less I forget RIP.. Hope he's gotten a donation for Naija in his will too grin
You must be a teenager then or you don't know what's going on around. Fernandez is the word on the street in the 80s and 90s, Dangote and co were hustling when this man made his billions.

RIP baba

8 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by kristonium(m): 11:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sunofgod:
All these 'Naira Billionaires' self - I don't know 99% of them!

(I Blame Buhari (and fracking))
Naira billionaires?
well,its because u don't know him! He was still on Forbes list of billionaires till he died!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by SmartMugu: 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
abbasbo003:
Well we don't lost him and we have no regret he passed away, what has he done to the nation, well I don't know him and I have nva hard for him before not till he passed away. And those if u that knows him duringh is day what can I say about what he has done to our country or the ppl of Nigeria? Sympathisew with him cos we all go where he went one day, and as a human being, RIP
Yup. Most stuff I read about him talked about his pride. He only wined and dined with the rich, so I won't expect him to do anything for a struggling nation like Nigeria.I even read he is to sue anyone posting anything about him. You can't even find anything on him on youtube.
I guess he preferred a quiet lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Gaius667: 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Excerpts from an earlier nairaland post below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1241189/antonio-oladeinde-fernandez-nigerias-reclusive-billionaire

H[b][/b]e is 76 years old. He Is A Billionaire. Reputed To Have Not One, But SIX Private Jets. He Owns A Chateau In France, Once Occupied By Napoleon Bonaparte, The Emperor Of France. Friend Of Mobutu. Ally Of Kofi Annan. Associate Of Mandela. I Call Him The Emperor of Blinding Swagger. Terrific Swagger. He Is So Classy That Whenever He Enters A Restaurant To Eat, Everyone Else Must Leave Because He Cannot Eat With The 'Commoners'. He Takes Over Entire Restaurants For The Night To Avoid Encountering 'RiffRaff'. (Chai! Poor Man Don Suffer). Of All The Richest Nigerians I Know, None Comes Close To This Man When It Comes To The Level Of Style, 'Tooshness' & Money-Backed Aloofness. But Who Is He? How He Made His Money? His Marriages? Why He Left His House For A Hotel? 

Even though he is Nigerian, he was appointed the Permanent Representative of Central African Republic (CAR) at the United Nations in 1997 (ain't that classy?, but with the current turmoil in CAR, with former President Francois Bozize fleeing the nation, things are hazy). -Fernandez is said to have interests in the CAR's oil industry (at a time, he was the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Central African Republic). That does not include his bauxite (for aluminum) exports, gold mines (in Angola) and diamonds pits. He owns Petro Inett, an oil company. Petro Inett is just one of them. He also has shares in View, Sandcat Petroleum, Sanantonio, Goldfields, Voguehope, Grantdalem Inuola, Sandcat Goldfields (cat, cat, now I understand those two cats...lol), Woods and Petro Inett Equatorial Guinea.

-Before then, he had served as the Special Adviser to the President of Mozambique on International Economic Matters and from 1992-1995, he was the Ambassador-at-Large for the Republic of Togo and Angola.

-He was also once the Consul for Benin Republic (then Republic of Dahomey) (1966), made the Economic Advisor to the Angolan Government in 1982 (just for perspective, only Nigeria produces more oil than Angola in Africa, shey you gerrit?). To be specific, he was a long-time adviser to President José Eduardo dos Santos of Angola (he’s been ruling since 1975).

In 1984, he was the Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Mozambique to the United Nations. At a point, he was a Deputy Minister of Finance in Swaziland.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Akuamia247: 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
All in this life is vanity, only the word of God that remains the same.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by lumeneng22: 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
And the man died. Oluwo rest in peace.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by stevSKY(m): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
His gat oil wells outside, and as I heard also by a very close source, he was once the oga at the top of O.....ni lipsrsealed

he man never hid his being a prominent member of a popular yoruba faternity. He has been a highly-ranked Oluwo ever since I knew about him a very long time ago.

Most likely in the top 5 richest Nigerians (probably after me grin).I even heard he had businesses everywhere, but none in Nigeria. Weird, right.

I understood he never cared about media attention. I only heard of Ovation magazine covering his lifestyle over a decade ago.
His daughter even delved into music lately in the US.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRHsAgxUJGI[/quote]
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Niyinficient(m): 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
shizzy7:
THIS MAN IS SOOOO RICH,,

His burial will be an AWOOF party..

Single Ladies where are you
In the man's burial Party you'll find Handsome,, Calm,,Responsible,,Money-miss-road MEN

The kind of parties I like attending BUT not to look for men oooo

AS FOR THE MEN,, Go after this Chick,,that's he's last Born AND you're damn Rich...
Can't I come after u ni? Or I will be damn poor if I do?
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by waice6571: 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sunofgod:

the question is, how old are you?

I dont realy expect anyone that is less than 35years old to know this man very well.

4 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
Abdullateef77:
we have lost a great man
who are the we?no let me slap you o

4 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by shizzy7(f): 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
Niyinficient:

Can't I come after u ni? Or I will be damn poor if I do?
Guy,,we're Talking about MADE money
**Me I am still planning on how I will start and build my conglomerate...Inspired by Dangote..

That Girl is a Bank...
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
Gaius667:
He is 76 years old. He Is A Billionaire. Reputed To Have Not One, But SIX Private Jets. He Owns A Chateau In France, Once Occupied By Napoleon Bonaparte, The Emperor Of France. Friend Of Mobutu. Ally Of Kofi Annan. Associate Of Mandela. I Call Him The Emperor of Blinding Swagger. Terrific Swagger. He Is So Classy That Whenever He Enters A Restaurant To Eat, Everyone Else Must Leave Because He Cannot Eat With The 'Commoners'. He Takes Over Entire Restaurants For The Night To Avoid Encountering 'RiffRaff'. (Chai! Poor Man Don Suffer). Of All The Richest Nigerians I Know, None Comes Close To This Man When It Comes To The Level Of Style, 'Tooshness' & Money-Backed Aloofness. But Who Is He? How He Made His Money? His Marriages? Why He Left His House For A Hotel? 

Even though he is Nigerian, he was appointed the Permanent Representative of Central African Republic (CAR) at the United Nations in 1997 (ain't that classy?, but with the current turmoil in CAR, with former President Francois Bozize fleeing the nation, things are hazy). -Fernandez is said to have interests in the CAR's oil industry (at a time, he was the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Central African Republic). That does not include his bauxite (for aluminum) exports, gold mines (in Angola) and diamonds pits. He owns Petro Inett, an oil company. Petro Inett is just one of them. He also has shares in View, Sandcat Petroleum, Sanantonio, Goldfields, Voguehope, Grantdalem Inuola, Sandcat Goldfields (cat, cat, now I understand those two cats...lol), Woods and Petro Inett Equatorial Guinea.

-Before then, he had served as the Special Adviser to the President of Mozambique on International Economic Matters and from 1992-1995, he was the Ambassador-at-Large for the Republic of Togo and Angola.

-He was also once the Consul for Benin Republic (then Republic of Dahomey) (1966), made the Economic Advisor to the Angolan Government in 1982 (just for perspective, only Nigeria produces more oil than Angola in Africa, shey you gerrit?). To be specific, he was a long-time adviser to President José Eduardo dos Santos of Angola (he’s been ruling since 1975).

In 1984, he was the Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Mozambique to the United Nations. At a point, he was a Deputy Minister of Finance in Swaziland.
copy cat,olodo
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Abdullateef77(m): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
IYANGBALI:

omo the weed intake nowadays is high
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ranson(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Gbam.
gwas:

You must be a teenager then or you don't know what's going on around. Fernandez is the word on the street in the 80s and 90s, Dangote and co were hustling when this man made his billions.

RIP baba

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Abdullateef77(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
IYANGBALI:

omo!!! the weed intake nowadays is high
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by tony1918(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
haywire1:

He don slap u with owo olaa (powerful hand) grin gringrin

Mods dey chop aye oloba ooo cos I saw this guy post this info before a powerful mod stole his shine.

Take heart bro, dia ris god only God can fight for u grin grin

#
Nah them sabi ooo he even remove me for my second to comment again
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
SmartMugu:

Yup. Most stuff I read about him talked about his pride. He only wined and dined with the rich, so I won't expect him to do anything for a struggling nation like Nigeria.I even read he is to sue anyone posting anything about him..
in that case seun is in trouble for posting this on nairaland. The man is going to sue him
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
Abdullateef77:

omo!!! the weed intake nowadays is high
come take small
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by valboy20(m): 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
ichidodo:
You live, you die, you live again... Rest in the Shiny and Chrome halls of Valhalla, where you will feast with the heros of time..

ichidodo you and mad max: fury road ehn cheesy

BTW you stopped punting?
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by bandely(m): 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
Read about this man in current affairs in the late 90s early 2000s! This man had hit the billions before there was Dan talkless of Gote! Himself and one Ibadan billionaire that plays/own golf (course), I'm not too sure of that Ibadan man again. Those guys were damn rich!

I'm waiting for something from naptu2, I'm sure he has an info or 2 abt him!

Baba naptu2, please mention me when you do.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
gwas:

RIP baba

I know af Dantata , still met some af his heavy trucks plying our Roads lol and yh , I'm in my early 20's .. So, my ignorance can be forgiven
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by laserjet: 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
First time af hearing that name really.... Some people just get very famous posthumously ... And he's even a billionaire How come I dint knnn...well shit hapinz !

Less I forget RIP.. Hope he's gotten a donation for Naija in his will too grin

You children of nowadays...smh

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Fearcom(m): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Wow! Finally this man has died !! He was friends with Late U.S President John F kennedy back in the 60's....that's to tell you how classy he was. Also friends with Nelson Mandela and several world leaders whom he hosted in his lavish home. He became a millionaire back in the 50's. Extremely classy. He owned private Jets, yachts, vintage cars like rolls royce, mansions on private beaches in U.S, Paris, etc his yacht, Yemoja, costs a whoooping $107M. His other yacht cost like $57M. Extremely rich and influential, he had no business dealings with Nigeria and the Nigerian Government. Rest in peace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
laserjet:

You children of nowadays...smh
You adults af those days ... Old things have passed away! grin
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
kristonium:

Naira billionaires?
well,its because u don't know him! He was still on Forbes list of billionaires till he died!

He wasn't on the top 10 abeg bruh! Would've known him! !
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Gbengais(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
World ogboni head

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sunofgod:

Deinde Fernandez a Naira billionaire?

Someone that hardly stepped into Nigeria and made his money abroad? Someone that is one first-name term with George Bush?

Maybe this news report on him far back 2003 by Telegraph, top UK paper, can enlighten you on the person we're talking about here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1434789/African-chief-fights-for-his-fortune-in-300m-divorce.html

Anyway, I first heard of him in the mid-90s when Ovation ran a report on him. I was in secondary school. Far before Dangote emerged.

4 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
This man demise has been on my mind and kept re-occuring as many times I can remember b4 now. All i was questioning myself was what will he tell God knowing his ogboni bkground. Its really a pity
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by olu4life(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jarus:

Deinde Fernandez a Naira billionaire?
Someone that hardly steps into Nigeria and made his money abroad? Someone that is one first-name term with George Bush?
Maybe this news report on him far back 2003 by Telegraph, top UK paper, can enlighten you on the person we're talking about here.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1434789/African-chief-fights-for-his-fortune-in-300m-divorce.html
Anyway, I first heard of him in the mid-90s when Ovation ran a report on him. I was in secondary school. Far before Dangote emerged.
I wonder how some would say they don't know him. Lol. Indomie generation shaaa

waice6571:

the question is, how old are you?

I dont realy expect anyone that is less than 35years old to know this man very well.
False!!! I read about him in the late 90s in one of those ovation magazines. But never saw his influence in Nigeria. He was then the number one richest business man in Africa. How can I forget his mansion... Had an island to himself. With 2 daughters, one named bimbola. Funny thing he never invested in Nigeria. RIP to him!!!

4 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Life is good.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by laserjet: 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

You adults af those days ... Old things have passed away! grin

This is the reason more of your type..... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by kristonium(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

He wasn't on the top 10 abeg bruh! Would've known him! !
did I say he was on the top ten? so why the fuss?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RAGP (recharge And Get Paid ) Is A Very Big Scam / MMM Participants In Fear As Ultimate Cycler Crashes / Mircea Popescu, Bitcoin Billionaire Dies After Drowning In Costa Rica Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.