Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead (73213 Views)

Halima Maude Fernandez Weds Zubair Rudasingwa, Younger Rwandan Lover (Photos) / Inside The £8.7billion Estate Deinde Fernandez Left Behind / Antonio Dehinde Fernandez Buried (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by kachiz(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2015
pharmow:
I'm a little surprised there are handful of people that don't know who Deinde Fernandez was. Truly there are many kids on Nairaland. In the 1980s and 90s, years before Dangote, Adenuga and Otedola becomes household names synonymous to wealth in Nigeria. The likes of Deinde Fernandez, Harry Akande and MKO Abiola wealth are the type you pray to God to bless you with. This is a man that held ambassadorial positions in many countries around the world, he was a deputy prime minister in a country outside his country of origin, a very highly diplomatic man respected all over the world, we were told he owned a private island, he owned cars that were owned by the royal family, this man defined poshness and classiness of wealth. With reasons best known to him, he didn't do so much on the home front (Nigeria).

RIP sir

Some info for the indomie generation

We couldn't have known, there was no internet and nairaland then.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by enomakos(m): 7:30am On Sep 02, 2015
He did nothing for his country
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Ishilove: 7:34am On Sep 02, 2015
Reference:

Even if one was not of that generation are there no books to enlighten one if and only if the 'indomie generation' gets off their lazy b.utt.s and to open them. For them life started with the internet when 'God' said, 'let there be twitter....'
I am of the opinion that the Internet is being the death of the reading culture in Nigeria especially.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by GodMode: 7:38am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

You're here talking like he 'stole' the oil block .... So you can also say shell feasts on - like a parasite Southern Nigeria's money Laughable mehn....
Ok, let me ask you; Before you are entitled to and 'get' an oil block, what are the requirements Do you even know ?

The main requirement is to be friends with the presidentgringrin

I said his not rich cos he doesn't have the brain to be rich... Oil blocks can make anyone a billionaire even an illiterategrin

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by hustler86(m): 7:38am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
First time af hearing that name really.... Some people just get very famous posthumously ... And he's even a billionaire How come I dint knnn...well shit hapinz !

Less I forget RIP.. Hope he's gotten a donation for Naija in his will too grin

How old are U?

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by youngalex(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2015
What a Life,Rip High Chief Fernández, The year 2000 ovation magazine he first appeared sold and resold cos many Nigerians knew little about him them,him and the likes of Harry Akande and Even MKO Abiola were the Billionaires in the 90s including my Nnewi Big Brother,Mr.Cletus Ibeto....such is life
I don't know many life's he touched cos for me I won't be happy having money and seeing people go hungry...Genuine Money Touches Lives

5 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by adconline(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
First time af hearing that name really.... Some people just get very famous posthumously ... And he's even a billionaire How come I dint knnn...well shit hapinz !

Less I forget RIP.. Hope he's gotten a donation for Naija in his will too grin
Blame urself for not making use of Google in this IT stage... U would be forgiven if u didn't read about him in encyclopedia.
His ex-wife sued for 300m pounds divorce settlement; making it the biggest divorce action in Scotland.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:46am On Sep 02, 2015
remembered the Song Sunny Ade sang for this Man

Dehinde aya Monica

Iyemoja fun ra e
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by yollychika(f): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2015
Da ogboni chief priest don die oooooo sad

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2015
nairamaniac:

I don't want to get into insults with you.
all I would tell u is The death of a rich man is more gracious than that of a poor man. even rich deadbodies have better qualities than that of poor dead-bodies.
if u still argue over the differences, go to the nearest mortuary to your house and dig out some corpse.
Your rude manner of approach strikes me as you being a skilled undertaker or yet to be harnessed talent.
Now go and eat your indomie.
overfed-infant.
Yep, rich worm ll eat d rich men dead bodies & poor worm ll eat d poor men dead bodies right?
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2015
hustler86:

How old are U?
Won't be specific; Early 20's . You?
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Carlmax(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2015
RIP buh I don't know if Africa has lost a great son. All I see is personal achievements but no legacy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2015
RIP i hope you touched lives with your billions while on earth? cus you will account for that when you get there. farewell sir
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 02, 2015
adconline:

Blame urself for not making use of Google in this IT stage... U would be forgiven if I didn't read about him in encyclopedia.
His ex-wife sued for 300m pounds divorce settlement; making it the biggest divorce action in Scotland.

shocked that's wonderful !!! grin
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by staaari: 8:06am On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by nairamaniac: 8:06am On Sep 02, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Yep, rich worm ll eat d rich men dead bodies & poor worm ll eat d poor men dead bodies right?
hahahahaha! u got me there. Have a blessed day bro.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ogaju007(m): 8:07am On Sep 02, 2015
Osama10:
At the end of the day everything is vanity.

This is a poor minded comment.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Burger01(m): 8:16am On Sep 02, 2015
Osama10:
At the end of the day everything is vanity.
A sad fact. That's life. Let's live life to make heaven.

RIP Fernandez sad
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by frenchboy(m): 8:17am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm.it is when pple are nt rcih they wil say is vanity....i wnt to be rich call it wateva....lol

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:18am On Sep 02, 2015
remembered a brother named himself Fernandez then because of this man and we still call him by the name, I need to give him a call that the real Fernandez is dead eyaaa!

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Fearcom(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2015
Am not cursing anyone but soooo many people yap and yap and yap without thinking because it is sooo easy to look at another person's life and start asking dumb questions like: He was rich, what did he do for the masses; what did he do for his country; what did he...? Do you know where you will end up? Or how you will end up? Many young millionaires do nothing but flex their gold chains and wrist watches and show off with different girls having wild parties on yachts and mansions parked with several choice cars, as if they are the first to be rich. I remember this man trying several times years back to establish big business here in Nigeria only to be frustrated because he refused to bribe and cut corners with corrupt elements who saw his wanting to go into business as a way of 'cashing in' by demanding he gives them kick backs and percentages in return for providing him a 'conducive environment to do business'. Many foreigners have been frustrated from doing business in Nigeria because of the environment. And please before you mention people like Dangote as well as businesses like MTN many of us don't know what it entails doing business in a place like Nigeria. The consumers are at the receiving end as we are being milked. It is well sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by curiouses: 8:21am On Sep 02, 2015
waice6571:

the question is, how old are you?

I dont realy expect anyone that is less than 35years old to know this man very well.

I'm just 25 and I have read about this man as far back 2003 when I was in SSS 1.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Orikinla(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2015
May his soul rest in peace.
[size=18pt]But a man is truly great not by the amount of his personal wealth, but by how much he improved the lives of his people.
I don't know how much Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez did for his fellow Nigerians. [/size]
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Orikinla(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2015
Carlmax:
RIP buh I don't know if Africa has lost a great son. All I see is personal achievements but no legacy.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 02, 2015
4urck his billion aarsehoul..... How has he affected d life of d teeming Nigerian youths? A man's wealth is not measured by the number of material possessions he has, but by the number of people he has made rich. Dangote is better den Him.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by goodgate: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2015
waice6571:

the question is, how old are you?

I dont realy expect anyone that is less than 35years old to know this man very well.
I am 22 and i Know him, i read so much about him while growing up.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by stinggy(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2015
pharmow:
I'm a little surprised there are handful of people that don't know who Deinde Fernandez was. Truly there are many kids on Nairaland. In the 1980s and 90s, years before Dangote, Adenuga and Otedola becomes household names synonymous to wealth in Nigeria. The likes of Deinde Fernandez, Harry Akande and MKO Abiola wealth are the type you pray to God to bless you with. This is a man that held ambassadorial positions in many countries around the world, he was a deputy prime minister in a country outside his country of origin, a very highly diplomatic man respected all over the world, we were told he owned a private island, he owned cars that were owned by the royal family, this man defined poshness and classiness of wealth. With reasons best known to him, he didn't do so much on the home front (Nigeria).

RIP sir

Some info for the indomie generation

Very funny grin
I cannot but laugh at the number of 'kids' who never heard the name Dehinde Fernandez growing up.

RIP Oluwo Agbaye, may the Gods accept your gentle soul!

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by iamtheconjee(m): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Abdullateef77:
we have lost a great man
RIP
upon all that money,he just has to leave it
Great man? Please tell us what he has done for us? did he even live in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by pickabeau1: 8:51am On Sep 02, 2015
stinggy:

Very funny grin
I cannot but laugh at the number of 'kids' who never heard the name Dehinde Fernandez growing up.

RIP Oluwo Agbaye, may the Gods accept your gentle soul!

Its not about indomie

what did he achieve with his money

He just holed up in the UK..
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by aariwa(m): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2015
lalasticlala:
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1043410_ANTONIO-DEINDE-FERNANDEZ-IYANIWURA-1_gifd44aa9ba8fd01fa9900e828db455ae24[/img]

Announcing his demise in a tweet at about 9.pm on Tuesday, Nigerian Journalist/Publisher, Dele Momodu, said: “Nigeria, and indeed Africa, has just lost one of its greatest sons; Ambassador Chief Antonio Dehinde Fernandez is gone!”
Details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/breaking-news-billionaire-deinde-fernandez-is-dead/#sthash.cU9cw49Z.dpuf

Meanwhile, if you want to read more about the man and his wealth, follow this nairaland link
https://www.nairaland.com/1241189/antonio-oladeinde-fernandez-nigerias-reclusive-billionaire
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by iamtheconjee(m): 8:57am On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=aariwa post=37585301][/quote]
Ogboni frat man. Abeg make we rest.
Re: Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead by Dreyl(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2015
may your soul r.i.p

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RAGP (recharge And Get Paid ) Is A Very Big Scam / MMM Participants In Fear As Ultimate Cycler Crashes / Mircea Popescu, Bitcoin Billionaire Dies After Drowning In Costa Rica Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.