Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

2011 Hyundai Sonata Key - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key (2576 Views)

Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss / Hyundai Motors Unveils The New 2019 Santa Fe / Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by BALLERON(m): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2015
Good morning
Please I need assistance from anyone who has information on how to get extra key for a 2011 hyundai sonata, the cost and any key programmer contact should be dropped here please.

Thank you all.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by kablooee: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2015
Post your VIN.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
To avoid being ripped off just buy it from Amazon or Ebay take it to Ladipo and have it cut. Does not need programming.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by mayor2013: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
ekoboy:
To avoid being ripped off just buy it from Amazon or Ebay take it to Ladipo and have it cut. Does not need programming.

Can you do this right in my presence. wink

1 Like

Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by mayor2013: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
BALLERON:
Good morning
Please I need assistance from anyone who has information on how to get extra key for a 2011 hyundai sonata, the cost and any key programmer contact should be dropped here please.

Thank you all.

Call 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by BALLERON(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thank you sir
mayor2013:

Call 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
mayor2013:

Do what? You mean cut the key in key in your presence? ofcourse. takes a few minutes.
You also add the remote.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by mayor2013: 12:42am On Sep 05, 2015
ekoboy:

Do what? You mean cut the key in key in your presence? ofcourse. takes a few minutes.
You also add the remote.

Am talking about you mentioning" does not need a programming". You wana by pass the immobiliser and the transponder chip undecided?
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:05am On Sep 05, 2015
ekoboy:

one statement is half baked and the other one is wrong

the half baked one, s/he needs to buy a blank key that wil be cut copying his key, if you say buy from amazon without explaining that the key as to be a blank and should have asked if his/her has immobiliser and central locking are in one module, some cars have car key and immobiler as one unit and central locking fob as stand alone

definately the key needs programming for it to be able to start the car

1 Like

Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by kablooee: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
ekoboy:

Are you joking? If you've got no knowledge about it don't comment.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

one statement is half baked and the other one is wrong

the half baked one, s/he needs to buy a blank key that wil be cut copying his key, if you say buy from amazon without explaining that the key as to be a blank and should have asked if his/her has immobiliser and central locking are in one module, some cars have car key and immobiler as one unit and central locking fob as stand alone

definately the key needs programming for it to be able to start the car
Am shocked! So ppl can just criticise without doing a little research. The other person does not know anything while you are the fountain of knowledge.

I drive a 2011 sonata. yes i bought the blank key off amazon and i had it copied / cut in ladipo and YES it started the car once. I am not a mechanic and don't know about immobilizer but the guy that cut the key told me the key will not need anyform of programming and it didn't. So yes are the one who is CLUELESS about this.

OP i still advise you to check out amazon. its about 10 dollars. the truth is that the key is not even in our market so the expert that will do it for you will still import it at a premium, so do the importing yourself if you can and get it cut.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 8:57am On Sep 06, 2015
kablooee:

Are you joking? If you've got no knowledge about it don't comment.
O yes i've got the knowledge. I did exactly the same thing.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2015
ekoboy:

Am shocked! So ppl can just criticise without doing a little research. The other person does not know anything while you are the fountain of knowledge.

I drive a 2011 sonata. yes i bought the blank key off amazon and i had it copied / cut in ladipo and YES it started the car once. I am not a mechanic and don't know about immobilizer but the guy that cut the key told me the key will not need anyform of programming and it didn't. So yes are the one who is CLUELESS about this.

OP i still advise you to check out amazon. its about 10 dollars. the truth is that the key is not even in our market so the expert that will do it for you will still import it at a premium, so do the importing yourself if you can and get it cut.

easy no one said you dont know anything

all recent cars come from manufacturer with an immobilser, you might not have it on your becoz it might have been disabled which is a great risky to your car because it can be hot wired to start

i still stand by my statement based on a car that has never been modified in anyway, hence it might be the same sitaution with the guy who wants a second key

have you asked yourself why most people cant bother to have a second or third key cut ? it is because its not that cheap and simple program the immobiliser, you were lucky with your
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by mayor2013: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2015
ekoboy:

O yes i've got the knowledge. I did exactly the same thing.

Am sure kazeem had done some "Acradabada on that car. cry for a 2011, am still in doubt
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
mayor2013:

Am sure kazeem had done some "Acradabada on that car. cry for a 2011, am still in doubt

the car was modified somewhere somehow

a 2011 car wont a simple key that you can have it cut and it starts the car, the immobiliser was bypassed or disabled
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2015
https://www.reddit.com/r/Frugal/comments/2ml19b/my_375_mistake_losing_my_hyundai_car_keys_and/

Well I don't know about Kazeem and modification but i bought the key from US, one of the key was lost in transit and had to replace it when it came to Nigeria and like I said before it was pretty simple. Some of the comments on the link above shows duplicating hyundai keys is not as complex as you people are making it to be.

So OP like I said before get your key from ebay or amazon. I can give you the phone no. of the guy that helped me cut it in ladipo if you need it.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by mayor2013: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
ekoboy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Frugal/comments/2ml19b/my_375_mistake_losing_my_hyundai_car_keys_and/

Well I don't know about Kazeem and modification but i bought the key from US, one of the key was lost in transit and had to replace it when it came to Nigeria and like I said before it was pretty simple. Some of the comments on the link above shows duplicating hyundai keys is not as complex as you people are making it to be.

So OP like I said before get your key from ebay or amazon. I can give you the phone no. of the guy that helped me cut it in ladipo if you need it.

Pix of the key you bought and used for the said car or I do not believe. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by baconline(m): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
You guys are confusing your selves, HERE IS THE TRUTH,
The sonata 2011 bought brand new in Nigeria those not have a transponder system meaning the key is not coded, even a 2013 does not have codes,trust naija, the american version comes with the transponder system meaning it is coded, so many items are deleted from the version sold brand new here including the number of airbags,if there is a security system it is with the remote ,if u need the remote duplicated talk to me

2 Likes

Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by Readonee35L(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
baconline:
You guys are confusing your selves, HERE IS THE TRUTH,
The sonata 2011 bought brand new in Nigeria those not have a transponder system meaning the key is not coded, even a 2013 does not have codes,trust naija, the american version comes with the transponder system meaning it is coded, so many items are deleted from the version sold brand new here including the number of airbags,if there is a security system it is with the remote ,if u need the remote duplicated talk to me
that's why i hate does naija specs kia, hyundai e.t.c thy are crap with less safety features
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Readonee35L:

that's why i hate does naija specs kia, hyundai e.t.c thy are crap with less safety features
Agreed anything produced for Nigerians has lower spec.
However my 2011 sonata was produced and purchased from the US undecided
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by kablooee: 1:08am On Sep 11, 2015
ekoboy:

Agreed anything produced for Nigerians has lower spec.
However my 2011 sonata was produced and purchased from the US undecided

There is no Hyundai sonata 2011 from the US without a transponder chip in key or smart key.

I blame the OP who has refused to post vin yet looking for key.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by kingreign(m): 7:27am On Sep 11, 2015
kablooee:

There is no Hyundai sonata 2011 from the US without a transponder chip in key or smart key.

It won't be a bad idea for everyone to ignore the thread since the OP ignored everyones request of a VIN.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by kablooee: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2015
kingreign:

It won't be a bad idea for everyone to ignore the thread since the OP ignored everyones request of a VIN.
APT

1 Like

Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
kablooee:

Okay apparently mine is the first and only one. SMH
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by lonelydora: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
mayor2013:

Don't mind the guy. I too know.
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by kablooee: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
ekoboy:

Okay apparently mine is the first and only one. SMH

It's either yours is the only one or you've never driven in that vehicle.

Post your VIN and I'll give you all the options that came with that particular one.

NB. Don't post your neighbors vin.

1 Like

Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Key by ekoboy: 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2015
kablooee:

It's either yours is the only one or you've never driven in that vehicle.

Post your VIN and I'll give you all the options that came with that particular one.

NB. Don't post your neighbors vin.
I don't have to post anything. My car is a 2011 sonata gls.
Please ask yourself why there are plenty replacement keys for 2011 sonata that don't have transponders. Take a minute to browse Amazon and Ebay. Instead of insisting blindly why don't you do a little research. Like they say Google is your friend. grin

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz E320 / Air Condition Issues In Toyota Camry 2008 GLX / Cost Of Replacing Toyota Rav 4 2008 Windscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.